Thursday, 28/March/2024, 9:25:11 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Which game's next? - Page 2 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Mess Hall » General Discussion » Which game's next?
Which game's next?
nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 09/February/2011, 2:38:14 PM | Message # 16
Major general
Group: Moderators
Kuzu, not to alarm you, but there is also a huge problem on EA's backend servers. They seem to reset people's stats and bring them back to rank 0 or 1. I also read that DICE does not plan on fixing this as they claim it's unfixable, or if it is it will take too much resources.

I saw that you got the game, which version did you buy? Are you buying the Vietnam DLC? When I get ultimate edition, I will not buy the Vietnam DLC.

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 09/February/2011, 2:47:06 PM | Message # 17
Lieutenant general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
For fucks sake. How do I cancel an Amazon.com pre-order?

.........Oops.

>_<

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 09/February/2011, 7:02:29 PM | Message # 18
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
@niva got the ultimate edition. i had zero problems with connecting/servers. though i did notice some delay(?)/hit-detection problems(?), using sniper rifle and should have been a few headshots, that didnt kill.

im not all that worried about stats for this game. TBH, i truly suck! and im just a typical noob. 5 hours played, KD is 0.89. in my first 2 games, i used the sniper kit, and i dont think i got a single kill! haha. but its all good. im just enjoying the game. wish i could figure out how to drive (tanks/choppers) better though, as that sure seems to be key. the fact that i stayed up till 4:30am playing is probably a good indicator that i like the game. (though i need help). i noticed, throughout most of my games, that ppl actually work together as a squad... which is a pretty unique feature. even in KZ, sometimes ppl help, but many times they do random stuff. we all know COD is about greed. but i was surprised to see ppl spawning on each other so often, dropping health, reviving, giving ammo, and basically working together. unfortunately i had noobs even worse than i, so it was not much help, but i imaging playing with 1-3 friends could be immensely fun... *cough!

@red hehe cancel KZ3 i guess? go to ur orders, and cancel from there.

banion7Date: Wednesday, 09/February/2011, 7:33:06 PM | Message # 19
Colonel
brother in law in Vancouver is deeply into this game... at least I think it's this game. I might be in on some games on it, especially after the very frustrating night of corner campers and explosives on mw2 last night - not usually like that, but boy does that game blow when it's only assholes playing.

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 09/February/2011, 10:57:51 PM | Message # 20
Major general
Kuzu, BC2 uses real physics for the sniper rifles, which explains why you keep missing. You have to take account speed, gravity, and wind when sniping in BC2. Just aim a little over their head, and depending on the map a little to the left or right also helps. I consider myself a somewhat Battlefield veteran, speaking primarily for their earlier establishments, but I will suck too when I first jump in. Hell, I had huge problems in MoH and the online for that game is made by DICE. Yea, people who usually play Battlefield games usually know how to work in squad, the same thing is true for SOCOM games. If you want to learn how to drive the vehicles try hosting a private match and experimenting with them. All I can say now is good luck trying to fly, I haven't used the helicopter in the beta, but it was kind of hard controlling the UAV. Tanks aren't hard at all to control, and if you don't know how to drive one yet hop into the gunner seat when someone is driving. Or, wait for someone to get in and than hop in. I truly wish I could buy this game, but I forgot about all the other games that I have to save up for. I forgot that inFamous 2 comes out this year and some others are coming out pretty soon too. Maybe I'll get it as a birthday present next month, hopefully smile

In terms of squads in Killzone 2, whenever I played by myself I would either wait for someone to invite me or I would invite one other person who knew what they were doing and I would fill the other two spots with people not familiar with the game. I guess I get lucky when I get put into games in Killzone. I can't say the same for other games.

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 09/February/2011, 11:09:13 PM | Message # 21
Major general
Kuzu, I've been wondering something as this will ultimately let me decide on getting BC2 or not. How big is the initial install? How big is the updates/patches? I read that the latest update was 1.07gb, which I can't really afford, lol. I'm running on 6gb now, and I don't like running it down to 2gb. I hope Killzone 3 doesn't have some ridiculous initial install. I want to get an internal harddrive, but I will lose two games that I got for free. No, I did not download them off someone. It was an offer that Sony was running for flOw and Rag Doll Kung Fu.

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 09/February/2011, 11:35:45 PM | Message # 22
Lieutenant general
Yeah, like niva says, simply aim above enemies. It's easy to get the hang of it.

Also, I think you can spam select to tag guys too.

Quote (nivasan6)
It was an offer that Sony was running for flOw and Rag Doll Kung Fu.

Would it really bother you to lose those, though?

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 09/February/2011, 11:42:11 PM | Message # 23
Major general
Guz, yes it would actually. flOw is good game, but the other one is terrible. Regardless of that they were still free and I may play them down the road. I guess I could always put in the 60gb when I want to play them, lol.

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 09/February/2011, 11:44:44 PM | Message # 24
Lieutenant general
I think there's a site where you can play flOw, if you wanted.

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 09/February/2011, 11:46:58 PM | Message # 25
Major general
There is, but I won't be able to earn trophies, lol. I can't 100% the game anyway because the free version did not come with the DLC.

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 09/February/2011, 11:54:17 PM | Message # 26
Lieutenant general
Quote (nivasan6)
I can't 100% the game anyway because the free version did not come with the DLC.

Exactly!

I'm also running out of space too... ~4GB?

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 09/February/2011, 11:59:58 PM | Message # 27
Major general
Damn, I was under 1gb at one point. What model do you have? I have an original 60gb that my brother bought for me. I saw a few Western Digital Scorpio Blue harddrives on sale. $49.99 for a 320gb which isn't too bad. I believe it runs at 7200rpm too.

KuzuDate: Thursday, 10/February/2011, 7:30:11 AM | Message # 28
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
Quote (nivasan6)
Kuzu, I've been wondering something as this will ultimately let me decide on getting BC2 or not. How big is the initial install? How big is the updates/patches?

initial install was big; i believe 1.78G. its a fun game though.

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 10/February/2011, 11:47:13 AM | Message # 29
Major general
Kuzu, thanks for the information. That is relatively too large for me now at the moment. If I can get at least 8gb on my system, than it's still a possibility of me buying BC2. But, as I mentioned before, I probably shouldn't buy it because of all the great games coming this year.

GuzmanDate: Thursday, 10/February/2011, 7:25:43 PM | Message # 30
Lieutenant general
Quote (nivasan6)
Damn, I was under 1gb at one point. What model do you have? I have an original 60gb that my brother bought for me. I saw a few Western Digital Scorpio Blue harddrives on sale. $49.99 for a 320gb which isn't too bad. I believe it runs at 7200rpm too.

Yeah, Orig 60GB too. The power supply (ZSSR5391A) crapped out on me so, it was exchanged for a newer model, (APS-226) & it was been perfect since.

& yeah, HDDs are mega cheap these days. I cant remember, but I think I read that they actually recommended staying on 5400RPM drives, instead of jumping to 7200. The performance gains were negligible, & heat output went up. Not sure though.

Forum » Mess Hall » General Discussion » Which game's next?
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024