Wednesday, 24/April/2024, 11:26:32 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Which game's next? - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » Mess Hall » General Discussion » Which game's next?
Which game's next?
redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 29/September/2010, 7:28:53 PM | Message # 1
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
So,...

What is everyone going to be playing? Halo: Reach? COD:BLOPS? KZ3?

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 29/September/2010, 8:14:17 PM | Message # 2
The Clan Elder
most likely none.
im gonna do my best to make my current library of games last as long as possible. i can still see playing RDR for several more months, as long as they keep putting out this great DLC that expands the game. (plus, i actually want to play the SP at some point too). still have a long way to go in LBP. also, i dont want to get a new, great game that everyone is playing since knowing me, i will be uber competitive and want to play hours on end, yet if i dont get that time to play, it will make me even more frustrated. i have purposely gone out of my way to avoid looking at new clips of gameplay on those types of games so that i am not hooked into this whole cycle of "i gotta play that game! i gotta do well! i gotta win!" type of mentality.

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 29/September/2010, 8:26:23 PM | Message # 3
Our Sexy Leader
Really? (T_T)

Are you going to get the J-RDR or do you think it will automatically connect you to the J-servers or whatever?

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 29/September/2010, 9:04:34 PM | Message # 4
The Clan Elder
not gonna buy a 2nd copy. im hoping i will connect. then again, i have the asia disc, yet i dont know if ive ever played against/with any asians...

i think i will connect though. ive played against so many euros, simply because when i get online its still the afternoon for them, but like 4-8am for the US. that tells me im not limited to just one region, as im sure more americans play than euros. i am looking forward to kicking some noob J asses.

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 29/September/2010, 9:29:13 PM | Message # 5
Our Sexy Leader
Word.

I'm actually considering buying Halo:Reach. My buddies back home picked it up while I was there & I watched them play it. It seems quite different from the past Halo's, but still a definite part of the franchise. In particular, many things I didn't really care about the game have been addressed & it seems pretty well balanced so far.

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 29/September/2010, 11:23:26 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
Honestly, I'd be playing Reach if I had a 360 + subscription. I played Halo 2 w/ friends & @ school, & it was fun. Not a fan of some aspects, like the floaty jumps, but I like the general mechanics. & w/ so much health, it's my kinda thing.

Black Ops, maybe. I've really tried, but I just don't like COD. If you guys go over though, I may.

KZ3 doesn't interest me. we'll see when it comes out.

Mainly, I'm really looking forward to R3. I can't wait till some MP GP is posted. As they've acknowledged their mistakes & the general negative response of the fanbase for R2, I'm REALLY hoping it comes through.
I wouldn't care so much is UC2 was still cool. I'd still be there, easy.

Message edited by Guzman - Wednesday, 29/September/2010, 11:24:58 PM

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 29/September/2010, 11:51:26 PM | Message # 7
Our Sexy Leader
Yeah, it was cool hearing stuff from my brother like "it feels like it takes much longer to kill someone" & "the melee distance has been nerfed". I was nodding my head the whole time thinking to myself that this might be a game I could grow to like. I'm still not pumped about vehicles, but that might also come in time. We'll see. It might be a purchase as soon as today, once the wife is done getting ready for our adventure out of the house.

I'll definitely be playing COD:BLOPS, dude. You should pick it up too. I have a feeling that they are going to right a lot of wrongs that MW/MW2 introduced. (^_-)b

Oh shit! How could I forget about R3? LOL. They've just been so nonexistent for such a long time that it slipped my mind. If they can make it a bit more true to the Resi roots, count me in. I love games with depth where strafing, prolonged aiming & skill win.

I'd be right there with you, if UC2 was still a good game!

GuzmanDate: Thursday, 30/September/2010, 2:19:40 AM | Message # 8
Lieutenant general
Haha, your expression & reaction is easily visible!

The biggest factor for Black Ops will most likely be connection stuff. If I can't game w/ you guys across the world, its pointless for me; Not the kinda thing I'd play alone.

I kinda figured you left R3 out on purpose. It's a given, right? ^_-

Message edited by Guzman - Thursday, 30/September/2010, 2:20:01 AM

KuzuDate: Thursday, 30/September/2010, 3:40:58 AM | Message # 9
The Clan Elder
not to be blasphemous, but do u really think R3 will even be that great?
R1 was a solid game for the time it came out. great theme and solid gameplay. but it was outclassed by future military FPS.
R2 was trying too hard to modernize. the game felt like a mix between cartoony sci-fi and military shooter.
point: i dont know what they will even be aiming for in the next installment. they must know they cant compete in the same genre as these other big, warzone FPS games. they have to move away from R2 and go back to make the game original again. but they took away chimera x-ray vision and speed, one of the things that made the game so fun and unique. they put in limited weapons, perks, and basically kill streaks ala COD. they removed the invincible free-fall (lol) and weapon wheel. chimera and human were entirely equal. sniping got nerfed. gatling guns with shield were lame. mini-laark was lame. mini-laser nuke was lame. they really just need to go back and make R1 ver. 2 and forgot all the other junk.

GuzmanDate: Thursday, 30/September/2010, 4:47:09 AM | Message # 10
Lieutenant general
I have no idea. but it's all I can hope for. Online-wise, nothing from what I've seen is even mildly intriguing IMO, unless something stellar sneaks up on me. (UC2 did this actually, had they not released that open beta/demo, I never would've tried/cared about it.)

While Resi may be dated now, I still think it has some of the best features & mechanics in an FPS so far. Personally, I think that the groundwork means much more than the window dressing applied. KZ2, while in some ways superior, failed offer tight controls. Which, to be brutally honest, crippled the game & put it squarely in mediocre territory, IMO. Resi has excellent controls, the weapons have feel to them, & small things like not unscoping when shot, etc.
The thing is, many things Resi did, it did great. I don't see the problem with returning to original mechanics They can reinstate stuff like the Wep wheel/no fall damage/wep pickups/etc, like you say. I don't see a problem w/ that, & it's preferred. & I'm not opposed to perks or killstreaks. I dont feel they are inherently bad. I don't make games, & lack creativity, so I dunno how they could help differentiate themselves from other shooters, but isn't necessary. The fact that health & damage & general mechanics are so different from other recent games is fresh enough on it's own. I have some faith in them.

Like I said above, they are aware that Resi 2 was a failed experiment. So whatever this becomes, I can't see another R2 in our future.

But you essentially answered yourself there. ^_-

Though, outta curiosity, do you mean by sniping getting nerfed?

Edit: Here's the quick article on R2, if I didn't show it to you before. Even if the dog metaphor is pretty dumb. -_-

Message edited by Guzman - Thursday, 30/September/2010, 4:52:05 AM

AngDate: Monday, 08/November/2010, 9:32:54 PM | Message # 11
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
BLOPS for sure, I looked into it a lot, and I love the new features. The wager games look so damn fun.
I will try to get at least two to three hours in at night and almost all day on days off. I really miss playing online.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 08/February/2011, 10:37:51 PM | Message # 12
The Clan Elder
i probably shouldnt be researching stuff (since i dont want to ruin my R3 experience), but im very interested in Battlefield 3. Fall 2011.

now that i think about it, after playing the KZ3 beta and realizing i dont really like the "feel", im not all that excited about it. i might just skip it and get Bad Co 2 instead.

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 09/February/2011, 1:27:29 AM | Message # 13
Major general
Battlefield 3 will be epic especially on the PC. If it's going to be anything similar to Battlefield 2 prepared to be amazed. Battlefield 2 made DICE my favorite multiplayer developer. I am disappointed that the consoles especially the PS3 will only be 24 player matches. If they didn't care so much about similarities between the 360 and PS3 versions, we could've easily seen the same 64 player action that the PC gets. Battlefield with 24 players max isn't that fun or amusing, but throw in 64 and you have yourself a war party, lol.

Bad Company 2 is cheaper, but the EA servers are junk imo. I much prefer EA than Activision, but honestly their servers are not that great. Sure you get dedicated servers, but I heard that people are having a hard time connecting to the servers for Bad Company 2. I'm in no way discouraging you to get the game as I want to get it as well, I'm simply giving a heads up.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 09/February/2011, 2:03:44 AM | Message # 14
The Clan Elder
thx for the heads up niva. i just checked out the GaijinGamers (foreigners in japan) and they mention the same server problems. hmm that does suck. although i see though that theyve put out 7 map packs, plus the vietnam expansion (as recently as dec2010) so it doesnt seem like they are giving up on the game. not sure what to do.

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 09/February/2011, 1:00:29 PM | Message # 15
Our Sexy Leader
Quote (Kuzu)
now that i think about it, after playing the KZ3 beta and realizing i dont really like the "feel", im not all that excited about it. i might just skip it and get Bad Co 2 instead.

For fucks sake. How do I cancel an Amazon.com pre-order?

Forum » Mess Hall » General Discussion » Which game's next?
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024