Friday, 19/April/2024, 5:39:24 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Which game's next? - Page 3 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum » Mess Hall » General Discussion » Which game's next?
Which game's next?
nivasan6Date: Thursday, 10/February/2011, 7:37:30 PM | Message # 31
Major general
Group: Moderators
Yea, I read that somewhere too. I just brought that one up because the other HDD I was looking at was $45.99 for a 250gb at 5400. I figured why not shell out an extra $5 for the 320. I also read that after fw 3.56 or something people's PS3's are getting bricked when they swap out their HDD's.

GuzmanDate: Friday, 11/February/2011, 10:12:28 PM | Message # 32
Lieutenant general
Quote (nivasan6)
I also read that after fw 3.56 or something people's PS3's are getting bricked when they swap out their HDD's.

O_o

This is what pisses me off about CFW. (If it's the cause)
I hope we don't have a ton of required firmware updates because of this whole deal too...

nivasan6Date: Friday, 11/February/2011, 10:26:34 PM | Message # 33
Major general
I'm pretty sure it was because of hackers and piracy. That firmware update was mainly for security reasons. I'm fine with firmware updates.

The one thing I hate is huge patches/updates that are over 1.5gb, a la BC2. 1.8gb, and it's supposedly going to take at least 5 hours for me to download, lol. Stupid AT&T, and their lying ways. We're supposed to be getting 10-15mbps, but no, we're actually getting 2-3mbps, lol. My laptop downloads 10gb+ in under 1-2 hours, so why would my PS3 take so bloody long?

GuzmanDate: Saturday, 12/February/2011, 2:01:13 AM | Message # 34
Lieutenant general
Quote (nivasan6)
I'm fine with firmware updates.

Me too, I would just prefer that I don't have to DL a new FW every time I logon. A back & forth battle between crack-patch-crack-patch would be annoying. Hope it doesn't come to that.

Message edited by Guzman - Saturday, 12/February/2011, 2:02:17 AM

nivasan6Date: Sunday, 13/February/2011, 7:31:14 PM | Message # 35
Major general
I can see where you're going. That would be bothersome, and knowing my connection it would take hours to download them, lol.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 23/March/2011, 2:48:01 AM | Message # 36
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
im just going to toss a whole bunch of games out there, and see if anyone will bite. id really like to hear what everyone has to say, since we all have different views and experiences. pls add any other MP games to the list that spark your interest.

twisted metal
this game was very unique, and very fun, on the PS. will have 16 player MP, customizable cars, even helicopters.i dont know if driving crazy-suped-up cars while ramming ppl and lauching missiles could keep me hooked, but this is probablyl the only "car" game that would have a chance at that. ah, Sweet-tooth, what a great character.

uncharted 3
the series is going strong, and this game could be a good one. yes, its a 3PS not FPS, but that handicap can be overcome. in fact, the camera can be manipulated to the players advantage to get a much better look. add to that dedicated servers. tempting, for sure. Nov.2011

crysis 2
hailed as the "best looking console game". 12 player MP with ranks, nano-suit upgrades, and many of the trimmings of modern FPS while trying to prevent their abuse. weapons are standard. sci-fi and standard perks. kill player + grab their dogtag to enable killstreaks, so camping is equalized. this is a sci-fi, post-modern FPS. released Mar. 2011

duxy87Date: Wednesday, 23/March/2011, 8:29:17 AM | Message # 37
Major general
AFL Live 2011
Sports Game. Aussie Rules football, first made game on PS3 after a four year drought made on PS2. I don't think you guys would ever see this game in any gamestore shelves, or even be interested considering you never heard of the sport, but in australia there's quite a big hype with this game. In knowledge that the graphics will be terrible in comparison to a FIFA or MADDEN, it's more of the fact that most aussies want to play this game because they just love that the fact that it's an AFL game that will be available to play on PS3 and XBOX. Multiplayer too which is a first, so you can imagine that a lot like me are looking forward to this game.

And that is the only game I am definately getting at the moment. But I like the look of others that you mention kuz ie. twisted metal and crysis. I guess if everyone jumps on a particular game that allows us to play together MP, then that increases my chances on buying it. Let me know what everyone is looking at for the next few months..

nivasan6Date: Friday, 25/March/2011, 2:43:04 PM | Message # 38
Major general
I'm looking forward to Twisted Metal as David Jaffe is my favorite game designer, and I like car combat games, and cars in general, lol.

If anyone is looking for some killer single player experiences consider these games:
SOCOM 4
This game has everything from a great single player experience to robust multiplayer experience. This game certainly isn't for everyone, but it's a great game if it's given the chance. Tactics aren't usually everything in SOCOM games, as individual skill can win games too.

inFAMOUS 2
Sequel to my second favorite, and the most underrated game of 2009. If anyone likes superhero games, this is a true superhero game. Batman may have been all the rage, but is it open world? Does it allow you the player to make choices and influence how the game plays out? Yea, I thought so, what kind of superhero has a linear world and doesn't make decisions? I'm not hating on the Batman Arkham Asylum game(s), but inFAMOUS is often times overlooked as a superhero game. I played and finished the first inFAMOUS about four times.

The Last Guardian
This is the game I want the most as I have been anticipating it the most, more so than Killzone 3. This game, if it come out this year, should win game of the year awards easily. It is by Team ICO; the guys behind ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. You control a boy and you interact with a creature that is sort of his guardian. If any of you have played their previous games, then I don't need to explain anything as you know exactly how it's going to play. The story and interaction looks deep, and is probably going to be a heart breaker, meaning that this is one emotional game.

Fighter:

Mortal Kombat
Finally we get a real Mortal Kombat game that does not feature stupid characters. If you haven't tried the demo do so now. If there is one thing I wish they would change, it would be the speed. They should make it the same speed from Mortal Kombat 2, as the new one is quite fast. If they did the photo realism characters it would be funny and golden, lol. All the characters from 1 and 2 are in it, plus most of the one's from 3 are there too. I forgot to mention, but Sony's badass is in it too, Kratos. Who wouldn't want to kill some Kombatants with the God of War himself?

Those are the only one's I can think of. I need to watch what I buy because I made some silly mistakes already this year, and I don't want to make any more mistakes. NBA 2k11 is the worst purchase I made this year, and I shouldn't have bought BC2 because now I barely play it, and I bought it a week prior to Killzone 3. I'm getting inFAMOUS 2, and if SOCOM 4 is fun then those are the one's I'm going to play this summer/winter (for all of you below the equator). I won't be playing this much when I'm off from school as I need to find an internship, yikes.

On a side note the Move is really fun, and it is 1to1. I'm amazed at how precise and accurate it is. I've been playing some Ping Pong in Sports Champions and I actually feel as if I'm playing it in real life with a real paddle and ball against a real person. I also tried it with Killzone 3, and it is a blast thought it can be bothersome without the Sharpshooter(which I don't have). If anyone is interested in that then the Move is a great purchase. It's great for the whole family, and for those of you with kids, they would love it. Kuzu, I'm sure your daughter would love the EyePet, I haven't played it, but it looks mighty fun for kids. The Move is also great for us hardcore players as well, it works well with Killzone 3, and it offers depth to games that are normally played with a DualShock.

nivasan6Date: Monday, 11/April/2011, 8:44:22 PM | Message # 39
Major general
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
http://www.ps3trophies.org/news....vo.html

The video shows some great gameplay. The only multiplayer option in this game is co-op. I know that will turn a lot of people away, but the Operation Flashpoint series is a fps series, and it's also realistic. The physics can be sloppy at time, but when they aren't sloppy the physics are some of the best in any game. They take everything in consideration when you "fire" the gun. It's shown quite a bit in the video. To some the aiming may seem off, but in real life that's how a scope and gun really works. You can't just aim at a guy's head from 100+ meters away and plan on hitting him a la cod style.

Forum » Mess Hall » General Discussion » Which game's next?
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024