Saturday, 18/May/2024, 9:41:02 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Resistance 3 - Page 11 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Resistance » Resistance 3 (Hope It's Good?)
Resistance 3
PatrickDate: Monday, 01/August/2011, 9:49:09 AM | Message # 151
Lieutenant
Group: Users
ooooooooo. that blows

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 02/August/2011, 3:46:48 AM | Message # 152
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
Quote (Patrick)
ooooooooo. that blows

Yeah. If I hear more, I'll let ya know.

red, do you want us to post up in the R3 feedback thread? I will if you feel we should. (as in are obligated to do so)
Because to be dead honest I really don't wanna. >_<

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 02/August/2011, 4:32:03 AM | Message # 153
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
yah, sorry. i played it for one night, and that was it. hadnt really put any thought into playing it again or talking about it.

PatrickDate: Tuesday, 02/August/2011, 9:48:00 AM | Message # 154
Lieutenant
Quote (Kuzu)
yah, sorry. i played it for one night, and that was it. hadnt really put any thought into playing it again or talking about it.

Is it possible for you to give me that beta??

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 02/August/2011, 7:50:41 PM | Message # 155
The Clan Elder
no i dont think so. there is the factor of breaking rules, which is not really my biggest concern. but on top of that i dont think you can physically download the beta even if i gave you my PSN login to use. i think its a one-time code that allowed me to DL it, but cant be done again like other DLC.

PatrickDate: Wednesday, 03/August/2011, 11:57:47 AM | Message # 156
Lieutenant
oh.. aight aight. cool

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 04/August/2011, 12:17:35 PM | Message # 157
Major general
Wow, Resistance mixed with Killzone with some cod = ?????

Seriously, I got excited when my first match started. It felt similar to Killzone, but then it played as if it were cod. I didn't want Resistance to get heavy controls, or rather give the characters and the guns weight. I wanted and still want games to retain their own identity. Resistance was so much better when it had light controls and there wasn't any significant weight to either the character or guns.

From all the things I read and heard about Resistance 3; the developers wanted a more intimate experience. How is this intimate when there are all these unnecessary abilities? They should have just kept a larger player size and bigger maps then if this is what the game is about. I never felt close to the game, meaning that it wasn't intimate to me. All these abilities and upgrades. If this is the direction they wanted they should have made sure that it was player against player, pure skill, not ability based.

I like that you can upgrade the guns, but I'm not liking the Killzone like abilities. The abilities don't really serve a purpose to this game. Sure, they may help, but really it is not a necessity. They should have included a squad system too. Since there whole motto is close combat, and having a squad system would definietly add to the "experience"

I'm not saying that this is a terrible game. It's alright, but there has to be something wrong when their failure, Resistance 2, is "better" than Resistance 3. I like the graphics, and the look of the game. The controls are kind of clunky, but they're not terrible. The servers are atrocious at times, it seems that I can only play one full round until I get booted or disconnected from their servers.

Can anyone confirm that the screen had a different hue when playing as human or Chimera in the previous Resistance games? I don't remember the screen having a different hue in the previous Resistance, but I notice it here.

I'll still play the beta, and I'll spend some time with the game when it's released. But, I'll probably play it until September 27th, because the Team ICO collection comes out then.

nivasan6Date: Friday, 05/August/2011, 2:33:15 PM | Message # 158
Major general
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011....etailed

That video is amazing. I love the turret and warping players. Also the Saboteur esque ability is amazing.

I just find this more and more enjoyable especially since I can't even get into a match now, lol.

So far nothing is going right for me. Resistance 3 is disgusting, BC2 had all my stats erased and when I played a few rounds those stats are stuck at whatever shit numbers I put up in those rounds, Twisted Metal is delayed, and many more shenanigans.

GuzmanDate: Friday, 05/August/2011, 11:23:09 PM | Message # 159
Lieutenant general
I know its a Beta & all that, but is it possible to play this at all? Cant find games, get put into lobbies alone, end game freezes, when you do find a game you get DC'ed halfway through. My goodness. ND got their shit together pretty quick, esp considering that many more people than anticipated were participating.

Al: So, overall impressions?

Message edited by Guzman - Friday, 05/August/2011, 11:25:01 PM

nivasan6Date: Sunday, 07/August/2011, 11:56:37 AM | Message # 160
Major general
Guz, Insomniac Games supposedly knows that they're matchmaking is shit, and I believe that they are working to get a patch out soon. I'm with you, after joining you and Alu that one match, I only got into one match after trying close to 30 times. They need to get this sorted out quickly. That is exactly why I prefer server listing over matchmaking. Matchmaking is easier to implement, but also harder to keep maintained. Server listing is a bit harder to implement, but it is easier to maintain and reuse for a different game.

AlucardDate: Sunday, 07/August/2011, 2:09:33 PM | Message # 161
Colonel
lol overall impressions.....its ok but im not excited for it.

have they fixed the beta yet?

AlucardDate: Tuesday, 09/August/2011, 10:11:56 PM | Message # 162
Colonel
lol downloaded a patch today and i still cant play online.

GuzmanDate: Friday, 12/August/2011, 1:27:50 AM | Message # 163
Lieutenant general
They updated again & it still doesn't work. LOL.

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 12/August/2011, 1:55:51 AM | Message # 164
Our Sexy Leader
Watched the new map reveal vid. Cool beans! It especially looked awesome cuz nothing lagged. (>_<) Wish I could experience THAT. I've been wondering if lots of the problems I have with the game are location related. Then again, people complain about similar things that live in the States. It would be so much easier to let this game go, if it didn't have FFA. I'm such a sucker for that shit! LOL.

nivasan6Date: Friday, 12/August/2011, 8:06:09 AM | Message # 165
Major general
I've been hearing that the friends and family beta worked smoothly, but as soon as the SOCOM 4 players got in everything went downhill. I suspect that their servers were caught by surprise with the "sheer" amount of people joining. Which is precisely why they and every other developer should implement/keep server lists. Their servers and matchmaking are a complete mess, and it has been broken since Resistance 2. I fail to see how they can't sort it out, or think of going back to how the servers were in Fall of Man.

I played a few minutes in matches (kept getting server errors), and the whole multiplayer experience imo is completely broken. Ted Price should have been in charge of this game instead of Marcus Smith. I like how they keep saying that they're going back to the way Fall of Man was, but then they make multiplayer be about the abilities and killstreaks. Having a "hardcore" mode isn't going to change my view on this game. The spawn system is highly flawed as well. In theory their spawn system is supposed to "eliminate" base raping, but it's broken.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Resistance » Resistance 3 (Hope It's Good?)
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024