Saturday, 04/May/2024, 9:28:21 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Resistance 3 - Page 13 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Resistance » Resistance 3 (Hope It's Good?)
Resistance 3
nivasan6Date: Friday, 26/August/2011, 12:54:24 PM | Message # 181
Major general
Group: Moderators
Nice one Guz, but you missed one on the Battlefield 3 page :P

Here it is:
"I know I go take matters far as well, but I'm trying to reduce that as often as possible, lol."

I like getting trophies too, but damn some people only play games for them, lol. I have a few guys on my friends list who have more than 50 platinums.

duxy87Date: Saturday, 27/August/2011, 12:27:38 PM | Message # 182
Major general
10 more days till this is released... OOooOooOOoo

GuzmanDate: Saturday, 27/August/2011, 8:59:08 PM | Message # 183
Lieutenant general
Quote (duxy87)
10 more days till this is released... OOooOooOOoo

Hey man, where ya been?

Anyone know what the new weapons & abilities that recently became available are?

Message edited by Guzman - Saturday, 27/August/2011, 8:59:53 PM

AngDate: Saturday, 27/August/2011, 9:41:04 PM | Message # 184
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
Quote (Guzman)
Hey man, where ya been?

Anyone know what the new weapons & abilities that recently became available are?

The new weapon is called Atomizer, it is basically the Arc Charger. It is okay, but you have to get very close like a shotty to do anything.
The new abilities include:

Heal Beacon: Basically like the ammo beacon, just heals and it heals fast! It is pretty beast, because I can put that up and heal up quick as people shoot at me and I pick them out with the Marksman. Bad thing about is that it takes a few seconds to actually kick in.
Turret: Yep, a turret and it's freaking annoying. I wish one nade could destroy it, but it doesn't!

I have noticed that people are getting better at the game, it is not that common for me to put up ridonkulus scores anymore. sad
My K/D dropped from a 4.8 to a 3.9!

I have a lot more fun using the strapped perk other than cooled chamber now. I either have a Carbine/Marksman/Bullseye with a shotty. That shotty is fun to use. lol
I wish more of you guys played, because even if I go 32-2, I still lose some games thanks to braindead teammates!

GuzmanDate: Saturday, 27/August/2011, 11:24:13 PM | Message # 185
Lieutenant general
Thank you Mr. Marshall. Helpful as always! happy

Stats were reset recently though right? That would explain the K/D drop somewhat. No way it'd plummet that bad otherwise. (3.9 is still beast status, Marsh. Don't cry!)

Message edited by Guzman - Saturday, 27/August/2011, 11:25:04 PM

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 28/August/2011, 11:01:43 PM | Message # 186
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
Putting up an Atomizer gameplay vid right now. Don't need Air-Cooled since there's no ADS with it, so BODY ARMOR time! LOL. People are probably WTFing when they come up against me. It's range IS a bit short, but further than a shotty. Jump back sideways when you see someone coming at you with it, as it doesn't start shooting until the range is right. I also like the fact that the ammo drains whether you get the stream or not, as long as long as you are holding the fire button down. It would have been dumb had it not been this way & was one of the first things I tried. LOL.

Haven't tried out the RoL or Turret yet...

AngDate: Monday, 29/August/2011, 10:28:08 AM | Message # 187
Lieutenant colonel
I saw your vid! Good stuff! Let me add on more about the Turret, that thing will kill you fast! It is not a retarded turret like the ones in Killzone. Also, it takes a lot of bullets to destroy one. It is best used in an open area where it makes it hard for people to go seek cover. Seaside is the perfect map for it.

I don't use it though, but it's annoying when I am about to get into a gunfight and some srub deploys it and then runs away. lol

nivasan6Date: Monday, 29/August/2011, 12:21:34 PM | Message # 188
Major general
I know I said I was done complaining about Resistance 3 since I'm not a huge fan of the series, but after what Marsh said about the turret, I can't help myself, lol. The turrets in Killzone kill people fast too, and are often too good at tracking people, and knowing where they are. The only "retarded" turret are the Sentry Bots, but they are actually useful in Killzone 3. The turret deal in Resistance 3 just seems rather ridiculous. People are able to deploy them easily without having to stand around for a few seconds is rather ludicrous. At least in Killzone you have to stand at the spot for a few seconds, and it only takes one grenade to destroy them. I see some major balancing issues in Resistance 3. Is there a limit for how many turrets are able to be deployed for a team, or is it unlimited? I guess since the turrets in Resistance 3 are on a timer it shouldn't be too bad, but in theory you could have 8 turrets on one team at the same time!

I sure do hope they have a Hardcore mode, so people don't have to deal with the abilities and killstreaks.

AngDate: Monday, 29/August/2011, 9:06:15 PM | Message # 189
Lieutenant colonel
If there is hardcore mode, I am definitely playing it. Also, you can only have one turret per life. It does take a while for it to get set up and then start shooting, but it is very good at tracking people.

So far not too many people use it though. The perks are pretty balanced in my opinion. I would do some serious damage if I could have more than one gun with air-cooled chamber. My Marksman for long range and then my Carbine/Shotty for short range. I love taking people out quick with the Carbine before they even try to shoot me with their shotty.

Gonna take a break from the game, I need to get out more. lol
It comes out next week anyway.

Is this sad or what? I am taking the whole next week off just to play a video game. :/
Don't have too many big plans anyway.

nivasan6Date: Monday, 29/August/2011, 9:15:48 PM | Message # 190
Major general
It's similar to how it is in Killzone, set-up wise? Does the turret act similar to the other abilities where they are on a timer, or is it acting similar to secondary ammo and grenades?

That's not sad, hell I played Killzone 2 everyday right after waking up and going to bed, and in between during the day for a few weeks. As I said before, I'm glad you found a game that you enjoy. I have to wait till next year, lol.

Anyway, I think I'm done complaining about Resistance 3 now. So, when the game is released I will only jump into competitive multilpayer a week or so after release depending on how long it takes me to complete the campaign under hard mode. Once I complete it, I will be glad to party up with you.

AngDate: Monday, 29/August/2011, 11:50:56 PM | Message # 191
Lieutenant colonel
Sounds good niva!

Oh and the set up is way different fron Killzone. The turret appears right away, but it starts to set itself up and then it starts to look for people. When you fully upgrade it, it launches rockets too. >_<

I do like the beta a lot, because it is fun rampaging. Sure some of the stuff is cheap, but who cares it's a game. I am sure I will like U3 online just as much as R3, even MW3. lol
Damn, I just noticed that this one zombie game called Dead Island is coming out the same day R3 does. I checked out some trailers and that game looks NICE.
I already pre-ordered it. I will play it when I get around to it. Never really finished any of my games. You can see with the trophies I got.

Only games I finished I can think of:

FF13
Killzone 2 & 3
Prototype
Resistance 1 & 2
Blops/COD4/MW2
MGS4

I seem to have lost patience finishing a game, and just go straight to multiplayer. Sucks, because I am sure the other PS3 titles I have are good, but FPS multiplayer is much more fun for me.

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 30/August/2011, 0:59:18 AM | Message # 192
Lieutenant general
Quote (Ang)
I seem to have lost patience finishing a game, and just go straight to multiplayer. Sucks, because I am sure the other PS3 titles I have are good, but FPS multiplayer is much more fun for me.

I've said this in many different ways, but I'll say it again: I feel that SP games & campaigns are just boring these days. You've got your 6-8 hour Michael Bay fest, which is mildly entertaining once though, then you never touch it again... So I agree w/ you; MP, for staying power, is where it's at. Paying $60 for a game otherwise is just simply too much. Then again I'd never buy a shooter for the single player experience anyway.

Message edited by Guzman - Tuesday, 30/August/2011, 1:00:56 AM

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 30/August/2011, 1:03:36 PM | Message # 193
Major general
Guz, you're absolutely correct, and I blame cod for it. The reason being is that when the first modern warfare came out it, the campaign was around 4-6 hours, and people "loved" it. So, as a result developers and publishers took notice and decided to spend most of their time and funds on creating the competitive multiplayer. My problem with this is that if they want to go that route they shouldn't even bother with a campaign, just make the game online only. That way people won't be disappointed, such as myself. I find it completely pointless include a campaign in the cod series because I doubt many people would care if it didn't have a campaign. Seeing how most people jump straight to the online. I don't think that Battlefield 3 should have a campaign either. The previous Battlefield games excluding the BC and MC portions did no have a campaign.

There are games out there that offer everything of both worlds, but most of them are single player only, lol. Far Cry 2, Crysis, Crysis: Warhead, Red Dead Redemption, Resistance Fall of Man, Uncharted franchise, Metal Gear Solid 4, Bioshock, Borderlands, inFAMOUS franchise, Grand Theft Auto franchise, Dead Space, Ratchet and Clank franchise, Portal 1 & 2, Half-Life franchise, Doom franchise, Quake franchise, Aliens vs Predator 2000, basically any RPG, etc... Most of the games listed as seen before are not fps, but rather third person shooters, platformers, or RPG's. Some of them don't even have multiplayer. I forgot to add my favorite fps of all time, Killzone 2, lol. There are some games coming this year that should have a good campaign, such as: Rage, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3?, Oblivion, and MW3! I was joking about MW3, but I guess the list is quite short. I could be forgetting some games, but oh well, lol. I forgot Deus Ex: Human Revolution came out recently, and it's a really good game.

I buy some shooters for the storyline. I'm getting Resistance 3 primarily for the story, as I want to know how it all "ends". I loved the campaign in Fall of Man, but Resistance 2 was a big joke. I'm hoping Resistance 3 has a good campaign. I thought the story in MoH was good, but it was really short. Killzone 3 had a good campaign too, but was extremely short.

I just got an e-mail from Insomniac regarding the Resistance 3 beta. I know all of you will get it too, but I wanted to share this:
"But wait there's more! While many people love and praise the new direction of Resistance 3’s MP, we also wanted to give a nod to longtime fans. We are announcing a new playlist called *Classic Hardcore*. It's got all the exciting R3 action minus Berserks and abilities. This is for those players who want to go toe-to-toe without the extras. Classic Hardcore will be available Day 1!"

I'm so glad they're putting that mode in. I guess I will be dedicating time to Resistance 3!

Message edited by nivasan6 - Tuesday, 30/August/2011, 5:25:30 PM

AngDate: Tuesday, 30/August/2011, 9:41:53 PM | Message # 194
Lieutenant colonel
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Hardcore! Hell yeah! smile

Any news for hardcore FFAs? Those would definitely require skill.

And guys, I don't agree that there are games with bad campaigns or that it was COD's fault.
My reason is that I tend to do well in online FPS's so I will admit I like to show off my skills and hear people say, damn that guy Teach is a beast. You are playing against other people that think and act according to their own capabilities. What is so good about beating a game's campagin on hard? Oh way to go, you are better than AI bots. lol

Niva, I am sure MW3's campaign will be good, have you seen the trailer? Looks sick, visuals and everything.
The reason COD is so big is because like Guz told me (I think it was Guz) the game is so damn noob friendly. Any little kid can shoot all over the place and get kills.
Hell, sometimes I get killed just by walking in front of a guy who is trying to kill a teammate, I just happen to walk by and he gets a double kill. >_>

The series is still going to make another billion or two, so oh well. Still pissed the idiots can't offer dedicated servers. I look forward to MW3, because you can pick which killstreak you want to use first. I can save my counter spy planes and piss off the ghost/cold blooded campers. smile

I was watching more R3 vids and it seems that there about 9-10 weapons total based on the slots available in the weapon wheel.

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 30/August/2011, 10:30:31 PM | Message # 195
Major general
I haven't heard anything regarding hardcore FFA, but hopefully it's there. I'm guessing that they will have every mode with hardcore settings.

I prefer campaigns than online multiplayer. I guess I lost interest in online multiplayer fast. Back when I got the PS3, I was so excited about online. Hell, I even stopped caring about campaigns and only focuses on whether or not a game had good multiplayer. The thing with multiplayer is that it isn't very interesting to me. I like a good story, atmosphere, pace, voice acting, etc... To me beating a hard game is more satisfying than winning or doing good in online games. I feel proud whenever I beat something that is considered hard vs beating a certain clan or winning games. I'm not saying that it doesn't take skill to play online, cause it does. I don't know, maybe I'm not skilled to enjoy multiplayer; that could be why I don't have much of an interest to it.

cod is a very friendly game, almost too friendly imo. The PC version of MW3 will have dedicated servers.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Resistance » Resistance 3 (Hope It's Good?)
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024