Saturday, 18/May/2024, 10:18:51 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Resistance 3 - Page 12 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Resistance » Resistance 3 (Hope It's Good?)
Resistance 3
AlucardDate: Friday, 12/August/2011, 10:09:37 AM | Message # 166
Colonel
Group: Moderators
was able to get into games last nite just fine. it did suck that we had to keep playing the same people over and over unless we quit out and serached again. so yeh this game is TOO easy if you play careful. managed my first 10 kill ribbon last nite going 28 - 3. marsh then told me if i activated the super growth perk and im like huh? that never popped up on my screen...

things i hate about the game.

1. 3 kills for shield or cloak

2. marksman

3. bullseye

4. sprinting

5. aiming down the sights with the exception of the sniper rifle obviously

6. fixed radio channels a la R:FoM(i miss going to whiskey)

i have more but can think of them at the moment

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 15/August/2011, 8:26:56 AM | Message # 167
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
So far, my biggest beef with the game is that it lacks that "I just OUT-SKILLED you" factor that the first one had. I don't know if it's lag, the game itself or the lack of time I've spent with the game. Also, when I DO do good score-wise I almost always feel like I played like a douche/pussy. Gross. (>_<)

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 19/August/2011, 11:19:22 AM | Message # 168
Our Sexy Leader
When it's not lagging, it can be a pretty fun game...

Guz!: How are you dealing w/ shielded foes? They be giving me headaches. (>_<) Also, I've come to the idea that the 'decoy' is best used after firing in the open or something, as you try to gtfo. Is that about how you guys use it? I mean, I try the standard "trick" thing as well w/ good results, but am almost thinking it's used best DEFENSIVELY. You just stay on that radar for soooo long...

Oh & any other small detailed things about the game that you think I should know and/or you see me doing wrong in my vids? Information is power! Thanks, yo.

GuzmanDate: Sunday, 21/August/2011, 0:34:58 AM | Message # 169
Lieutenant general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
Guz!: How are you dealing w/ shielded foes?

Uh, you asking me or bro? I have no idea... Can you? Other than having some sort of escape route available, or managing to get a nade just past them, to hit from the rear, don't really think you can. Auger works too, but is situational.

Quote (redhamuSLA)
Also, I've come to the idea that the 'decoy' is best used after firing in the open or something, as you try to gtfo. Is that about how you guys use it? I mean, I try the standard "trick" thing as well w/ good results, but am almost thinking it's used best DEFENSIVELY.

I think so too. It's mainly useful for escaping, or initiating a fight. Even if people are wise to it, everyone always shoots on sight, so it can give you a radar reveal too.

Quote (redhamuSLA)
Oh & any other small detailed things about the game that you think I should know and/or you see me doing wrong in my vids? Information is power! Thanks, yo.

Again, me or bro, lol? I'm crap @ R3. I will ask him. ^_-

Message edited by Guzman - Sunday, 21/August/2011, 0:35:37 AM

AngDate: Sunday, 21/August/2011, 10:31:51 PM | Message # 170
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
C'mon Niva, just get the game to party up with us. lol

I am loving the game, aside from the freezes and party join fails. Those two things are what I hate the most in the game.

Here is my typical playstyle:
Of course I use the Marksman, best gun ever! I stay back a lot and look around for people from a distance to pick out. If I am human, I want to reach my three kills and then that is when I play very aggressive. I get to my Auger really quick.

My biggest in-game beef is that the game tends to spawn people near me when I am on a rampage. When I get killed, it spawns me way over the other side of the damn map. I don't get it. LEAPERS, I HATE LEAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am still pissed at the game for not giving me my 34 killstreak, it did not register.
Funny story: Some dude called me a pussy for using the Marksman, I pulled out the Carbine and still kicked ass. I recommend everyone use the air-cooled chamber with gunslinger.

Tried playing some games with Kills and Alu, but game kept freezing like never before. sad

GuzmanDate: Monday, 22/August/2011, 4:27:56 AM | Message # 171
Lieutenant general
Quote (Ang)
LEAPERS, I HATE LEAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing that make leapers extra hilarious is the fact that they 1 hit your shield if you've got one, which is awesome when you're in an enemy hotbed, & counting on it to protect you....

nivasan6Date: Monday, 22/August/2011, 6:56:00 PM | Message # 172
Major general
Marsh, I'm getting the game, but I'm not going to play the multiplayer that much.

I know I said a lot of terrible things about the game, and I still don't like it, but in the last matches I played; I enjoyed the game. With that being said I still stand by my feelings about the game, and I still find many aspects about the game to be quite atrocious.

I agree with red, in that it isn't really satisfying getting kills because of lack of skill. Every time I get a kill, I always think to myself; I got it because the other people were too slow too activate their ridiculous bubble shield, or use their grenade/40mm.

I usually use the Bullseye, with ammo and hunter ability. I also use spotter since it can be useful. Other than that, I refuse to activate the bubble shield, energy belt, and leapers. I have used the energy belt a few times, but I was just trying to see what it did. I thought it attacked people who were close enough, until I realized that it only works on people trying to melee me, lol.

I still don't understand why people are hating on the Marksman. I don't find it bothersome at all. The gun I do find bothersome is the Rossmore, sorry Alu, lol. The Rossmore just feels too damn easy especially at Level 2. I easily got a 9 kill streak when I first used it, and I felt dirty using it too, lol. I just don't see any of the guns requiring skill to use, other than the Mutator. I tried using that gun, and it's bloody awful. I've never been killed by it, nor have I seen anyone else use it.

AngDate: Monday, 22/August/2011, 11:26:30 PM | Message # 173
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
@Guz: Yes sir! that is annoying!

@Niva, awww c'mon, who cares if the kills are not satisfying. What game these days makes you feel you are skilled? The only one is the good 'ol R:FoM.
I find it fun mowing down people easily. I really like this game, but the beta is so unplayable right now. My game freezes every time a match is about to start. 3/4 matches this happens. Ughhh.

I think U3 will be the game where skill will play a big role. Maybe Battelfield too, considering the insane recoil. I also here there will be small maps? That would be great, I didn't like running half the map only to get sniped in B2. lol

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 23/August/2011, 2:25:16 PM | Message # 174
Major general
Marsh, I need to feel satisfied whenever I get a kill, lol. There are plenty of games out there that are satisfying to get kills in imo. These include Killzone 2 & 3, Battlefield, Team Fortress 2, Warhawk, FarCry 2, MAG, Metal Gear Online, Unreal Tournament, etc... I pretty much only like Resistance for the campaign, and not the online. I don't share the same feelings as the rest of the clan for Fall of Man. In fact I hated the online in Fall of Man, but I would much rather play that than Resistance 3 online. I guess I would really enjoy the game if they removed all those stupid abilities. They can keep the upgradable weapons, but they need to get rid of the abilities and killstreaks. I guess I really shouldn't be complaining about anything regarding Resistance since I'm not a hardcore fan of the franchise. I remember Guz saying the same thing regarding Killzone, and I will follow his way. I'm still getting the game, and I will play online for a bit, but I'm not dedicating myself to it. The last online game that I actually put time and effort was MAG which was two years ago.

I don't think that skill will play a big role in Uncharted 3 either. To me it just feels that whoever plays "smarter" will win. Not much skill involved in tossing a grenade right before dying, imo. I probably won't even have the time to even play a decent amount of multiplayer matches in any game. Even if Twisted Metal comes this year, which it isn't, I won't even play it that often because of the lack of time.I'm entering my final year of college, and I need to start working on my capstone project, yay sad

Marsh, I'm glad you found a game that you enjoy!

I'm still waiting for the true sequel to Killzone 2, lol.

Message edited by nivasan6 - Tuesday, 23/August/2011, 4:43:58 PM

GuzmanDate: Thursday, 25/August/2011, 2:16:13 PM | Message # 175
Lieutenant general
Quote (nivasan6)
I remember Guz saying the same thing regarding Killzone, and I will follow his way.

Lol, well, I feel the same about R3 as you did about KZ3.

Quote (nivasan6)
Not much skill involved in tossing a grenade right before dying, imo.

That shit's the new 40. "Oh fuck, I'm gonna lose! *toss nade* It's in UC3, R3. & works pretty effectively... I feel as if nade fuse times are lower in UC3, as I don't remember it being an issue. People did it, but it was easily avoidable. Dunno for sure though, as I can't play UC3! >_<

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 25/August/2011, 5:16:20 PM | Message # 176
Our Sexy Leader
Yeah, but hasn't the panic nade been a staple of the Resi franchise? It could work pretty well on R1. R2's panic Hedgehog was probably the most aggravating rendition ever created in the history of modern video games. R3's frag seems to have a blast radius that's a bit too big, imo.

In the UC3 beta you'd often get staggers from nades, in my experience. I feel like ND has done a pretty damn good job w/ their nades in UC3. Deadly if you have aim, avoidable if your opponent doesn't. (^_-)d

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 25/August/2011, 7:39:49 PM | Message # 177
Major general
The grenades in Uncharted 3 are "easily avoidable", but whenever you think you're away, you end up getting killed by that grenade. I had this problem throughout the entire beta. I would get away, and I knew I was a safe distance away, but it still got me. I heard numerous complaints about this from opposing players too. I trust those guys because that was the only thing they complained about. They didn't even complain when they were unloading on someone, yet they didn't die, and they got killed by a melee attack from said attacker. I guess it's a "hit or miss" sort of thing. Either way I don't really like the multiplayer in Uncharted, lol.

All this downgrading of exclusives on my part is rather odd, especially since I "always" praise first party games. I usually make the argument that I know I won't be disappointed with first party games, but as of late I felt nothing but disappointment with them. The exception being inFAMOUS 2. Killzone 3 was a HUGE disappointment, and it seems that the rest of the exclusives coming this year are going to be filled with them. Though, I do have high hopes for another amazing single player experience from Uncharted 3. I can't say the same thing regarding the campaign in Resistance 3. It seems that they peaked on Fall of Man, and everything sort of went downhill from there.

GuzmanDate: Thursday, 25/August/2011, 10:29:20 PM | Message # 178
Lieutenant general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
Yeah, but hasn't the panic nade been a staple of the Resi franchise?

It happened very rarely in R1, to me... It was probably easier to 40 there.
While R2 Hedgehog was super strong, I don't recall being killed in that manner either. But the game isn't very memorable & I was a snipy noober, so that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Quote (redhamuSLA)
In the UC3 beta you'd often get staggers from nades, in my experience. I feel like ND has done a pretty damn good job w/ their nades in UC3.

Agree, unless it's that no-threat 3-11 guy who pulls off the panic nade w/ perfection. Admittedly I tend to get complacent in UC though. I think I'm just annoyed that I can't do it. happy

Quote (nivasan6)
The grenades in Uncharted 3 are "easily avoidable", but whenever you think you're away, you end up getting killed by that grenade. I had this problem throughout the entire beta.

What do you mean exactly? like lag or just too large of a blast radius?

Quote (nivasan6)
All this downgrading of exclusives on my part is rather odd, especially since I "always" praise first party games.

You're getting old & cranky. ^_- (Psst, I feel the same!)

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 25/August/2011, 10:38:40 PM | Message # 179
Major general
Quote (Guzman)
What do you mean exactly? like lag or just too large of a blast radius?

It could be either or, but my main suspicion would be lag. Seeing how UC3 does not use dedicated servers it could very well be lag. Even rolling away from those grenades don't help me. I guess it doesn't really matter because I probably won't play the competitive multiplayer in UC3. I will however spend some time with the cooperative multiplayer as that mode fits the Uncharted universe perfectly. The inclusion of a full co-op campaign is amazing.

Quote (Guzman)

You're getting old & cranky. ^_- (Psst, I feel the same!)

lol, that could be true. I'm still looking forward to both games as it gives me something to play, lol. If I'm all done with the campaign and any of you want to party up in either game I'll join. Who knows I may change my attitude, and dedicate some time with both games. Maybe getting 5k kills in each, lol. I can't see myself getting 5k in UC3, but Resistance 3 is much more realistic for me.

Message edited by nivasan6 - Thursday, 25/August/2011, 10:39:54 PM

GuzmanDate: Thursday, 25/August/2011, 10:49:27 PM | Message # 180
Lieutenant general
Quote (nivasan6)
Even rolling away from those grenades don't help me.

"Doesn't" dude. "Doesn't help me."

Hehe. (I jumped on him for ya, Kuz.)

BTW, completely off topic here, but Al, I clicked your PS3 trophy thing, checked the leaderboards for outta curiosity, &.... LOL. I like getting trophies probably alot more than the average guy, but that dude in first buys games from different regions just to get plat on them again.

Demon's Souls- Plat
Demon's Souls (EU)- Plat
Demon's Souls (JP)- Plat

w/e floats your boat I guess!

Message edited by Guzman - Thursday, 25/August/2011, 10:56:03 PM

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Resistance » Resistance 3 (Hope It's Good?)
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024