[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Killzone 3 - Page 11 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Killzone » Killzone 3
Killzone 3
AngDate: Tuesday, 22/February/2011, 5:02:37 PM | Message # 151
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
I haven't played any Crysis games, but I saw a beta and liked what I saw. The game has a good way to prevent camping: once you kill someone, you collect their tags and that is how you earn your "killstreaks." Don't know how well that will play out for others, but I like that.

Nah, man. What I mean by shitty players in KZ2, I mean the guys that spawn near your spawn point. I try to throw a spawn somewhere else, but as soon as they see it, they wait for us to spawn. And of course, I have horrible "teammates."

So I played a few games online in KZ3, I really like the game. The only issues I had were:
1. Once all the members of the opposite team quit, the game continues! >_<
2. It took pretty long to find games.

Other than that, the weapons don't really feel the weight to them, at least the first gun for tactician for me. I like how you have all the classes available right away and how you earn unlock credits for your class. This might be cheap, but I enjoy spamming the "UAV" for the Tactician. I am still getting used to the game, but I know I will have fun playing it. I will max out one class and then move on to another one to keep things interesting.

Oh and hip fire FTW! lol

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 22/February/2011, 6:25:59 PM | Message # 152
Major general
Group: Moderators
Crysis is one of my favorite fps's especially Warhead, those games are really fun.

lol, that makes sense. The last time I played was a few months ago, and I got lucky because there were no spawn campers let alone camping or spamming of any sort. When they first released that patch, man, people were camping all the time, lol.

I haven't even touched online yet, as I was doing the campaign. But, from the beta I know I won't be sucked in to it as I was with Killzone 2. I hate how we have to capture spawn points. I think that promotes more camping, and why did they get rid off the protective turrets from the main base? I hate the changes, as they don't really promote teamwork, but rather promote campers.

The first weapon for Tactician is the SMG, no big weight there as it is really light. There should be considerable amount of weight with the assault rifles, shotgun, lmg's, and sniper/battle rifles. I'll be online tonight, so we can squad up.

AngDate: Tuesday, 22/February/2011, 11:14:39 PM | Message # 153
Lieutenant colonel
I got some more games in and got used to it really quick. I take it you got my message. I didn't even see you go online, you should have sent me an invite. smile
We'll party up next time, it will be nice to have a teammate that will help me out. The maps are really easy to navigate too.

Right now I am level 14? And have a K/D of 2.45 cool
Let's just see how long that will last. lol

I didn't see any campers, and I do enjoy the spawn system. It was easier for me to find a game and have people join after every game this time around.
I will be playing all day Thursday for sure. More squirrels need to get the game!

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 23/February/2011, 10:02:15 PM | Message # 154
Major general
Good games! It was actually fun playing with someone from the clan, and I noted that I do well when doing so. I usually do poorly in Killzone 3 with a bunch of randoms.

I still hate the changes, as they seem to promote camping, but I guess I'm going to have to look past that, and maybe try not re-spawning anymore, lol.

AngDate: Thursday, 24/February/2011, 10:31:58 PM | Message # 155
Lieutenant colonel
Yeah! GGs! Too bad I didn't do too well. lol

So far the experience has been good. I have almost 7 hours played and about 85% of my games won. I don't feel like playing other game modes except TDM, though that double XP ribbon looks tempting. It's really hard to keep a high K/D, mine went down to about 1.83? Something like that. I sure wish more squirrels would play. wink I know we would own with those nice dedicated servers.

My only pet peeves so far are these:

I sometimes spawn in front of people.
It seems that others kill me with like two shots and it's not even a headshot.
Shotgun to the face! AAAAAAARGGGGGGH!
The only map where I have seen people camp is the Boulevard (sp?). Those damn srcubs sure do love that machine gun.

nivasan6Date: Friday, 25/February/2011, 5:32:05 PM | Message # 156
Major general
I thought you did well those few matches. We completely had the other team in check on the Crater map, and the Kaznan Jungle map too.

I actually can't take too much TDM/Guerrilla Warfare. I don't like the maps, and the spawning in that mode is a joke. I'm guessing Guerrilla Games has a spawn system similar to what is in MoH. Where you spawn in your base, but if the other team is within a certain distance from your base, then it changes to the other side. This system is highly flawed as the distance required is relatively short. I do prefer Warzone and Operations, but I can't take too much of Warzone either because of the silly spawning. Operations is fun, but it's only four maps. Keeping a good k/d is usually hard, but for me it's relatively easy in Killzone games. Granted, I did have shit games lately and my k/d is lower than that of what I had in Killzone 2.

I like the game, but the changes made to multiplayer were uncalled for. Killzone 3 isn't even team based anymore. They got rid of the excellent squad feature for one that only works for people in your friend's list, and that too; you can't spawn within your squad. They limited the number of choices for spawning to two, if that. I'm being generous with saying two, when it's really only one. The name "Tactical" spawn points is a joke. By "Tactical" do they mean: "camp the other team, silly!", lol. The changes made to the game are perfect for people who like cod, but damn, why try and make everything similar to that garbage? Killzone 3 just feels dumb down to me, that it's not even funny. It does get really fun when you're playing against people who are against camping spawn areas. I was in a few games where everyone, and I mean everyone, on both teams refused to camp any spawn area. That was a blast, as the game was tight and highly competitive. They also removed the option to customize the game/matches. I guess many people complained that Killzone 2 was complex, lol; silly cocksuckers. Even the stats have been shrunk down to just showing k/d.

I get where you're coming from on the issue regarding you going down in two shots with full health, and it's not a headshot. I have a theory on this, as I remember a headshot in Killzone 2 required one shot, but in Killzone 3 it takes about 3 shots, depending on the gun. I know it's not server lag because it happens all the time. I would shoot a guy in the head, and he doesn't even go down until a third or more shots land on the head. Another weird thing is that the hit box is larger in this game, I was shooting someone in the chest and I get a headshot from it. Whilst shooting them I was not even aiming for their head.

I do like that each mode has different maps, or differing layouts of the maps. I think I hate the Turbine map (Warzone map, the one with the jetpacks) the most. Man, that map is a joke, and it's not even fun. Why they made that a Warzone map is beyond me. It seems that they wanted to keep the smaller maps restricted to Guerrilla Warfare and Operations, so why would they include Turbine.

I'm surprised not many people are using the shotgun, but instead they are using the lmg's.

Marsh, all my complaints aside, I will still join you. But, damn you should definitely try Warzone and Operations, lol. Next time we squad up, I'll put you in some of those modes; trust me you'd have a blast if both teams aren't jerks, lol.

AngDate: Sunday, 27/February/2011, 7:06:12 PM | Message # 157
Lieutenant colonel
I did play some Warzone, and probably won't play again. lol

It was so bad! >_<
I couldn't make it halfway to the other side without dying. The maps are too big for me. I tried out a little of the Marksman class and had fun. I want to unlock more "perks," but it's hard to level up. TDM all the way for me. Join me up anytime you get a chance! Did you finish the campaign? I haven't even started KZ3 or finished KZ2.

You are going to hate me for saying this, but when the new map packs are out for BLOPS I will switch back and forth between KZ3 and BlOPS til Crysis 2 comes out. The reason is because I met new people that play BLOPS religiously, and even if the game has shitty connection issues, lag, poor hit detection, panic knife and campers, those guys are fun to party up with. It sucks no squirrels play BLOPS anymore, but sucks more that our squirrels from other countries can't play with at least three bars. sad

I keep saying this: If Treyarch had dedicated servers, the squirrels would dominate every game in BLOPS.

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 27/February/2011, 8:58:51 PM | Message # 158
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
Yes, we would. (^_-)b

Any of those guys you talked about willing to become squirrels?

nivasan6Date: Monday, 28/February/2011, 0:27:56 AM | Message # 159
Major general
Was Warzone bad for you in Killzone 2 as well, because if it wasn't I have a feeling it has to do with the spawn points. Warzone isn't too bad, but have you tried Operations? It's much smaller scale, but it offers more variety. Essentially it's similar to TDM, but with differing objectives, and cut-scenes, lol.

I haven't played much of the other classes. I was going to say that they feel too cheap for me, but in reality all the classes in Killzone 3 are cheap, lol. That's why I usually play as Tacitician, it's not as cheap, but I also like using a regular M82. The Marksman is fun, but you do need some unlock points for it to be useful in team games. In terms of TDM the Marksman as is shouldn't be a problem at all.

I finished the campaign, and I have the platinum already. The platinum was a joke, as the game is just too damn easy. Why they catered to a minority audience who will not buy or play the game is beyond me. They should've just catered to the core fanbase, and by them changing the game for the casual and the other fps's gamers out there; they aren't making that much of a sales difference.

I don't hate you for saying that, hell I'm the huge Killzone fanatic and, yet I only have about 4 hours in online, lol. I just can't play it for too long because it makes me mad every time I play, as I am constantly annoyed with the changes, lol. This game is perfect for people who didn't like or hated Killzone 2 and love/like other fps's such as the cod series. I will most likely switch between this and BC2, but maybe as you said earlier the game would be more fun if we had more people to squad with. Especially other clan members, ahem, wink, wink, lol.

I don't want to force others to play or buy a game, but this game just seems perfect for most of the guys in the clan, as it's essentially cod, Battlefield, and maybe Resistance in one little package.

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 28/February/2011, 7:28:57 AM | Message # 160
Our Sexy Leader
I don't like it mostly because of three things:

1. No FFA.
2. Base camping...on both sides.
3. It makes me feel slow when I go back to other faster-paced games.

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 01/March/2011, 12:02:33 PM | Message # 161
Major general
red, I don't want to start anything, but you'd rather play games that are riddled with bugs, glitches, and hacks? I understand that you're a big fan of FFA, and you like faster paced shooters, so why not try Unreal Tournament 3? Before you say that, you don't play PC, Unreal Tournament 3 is on the PS3, and it features a lot of mods too that change the game a lot. There's a mod that even changes the game to play like a 2D side-scroller. Not only that, bu UT3 probably has the best FFA mode, and the Unreal series is practically known for its FFA mode too.

Base camping can be eliminated if you play with people who understand fair play and the basics of the gameplay. I haven't played anything online in awhile, but when I last played I found a bunch of guys who play fairly, and if someone is camping us then we just work harder to gain spawn points. Then, we camp them for a minutes and stop, but usually when I join these guys we don't get camped and we don't camp either.

AngDate: Friday, 04/March/2011, 9:56:36 PM | Message # 162
Lieutenant colonel
@Red, nah man, those dudes I roll with are all in their own little world, and the people I had in mind of joining and were interested just kind of lost interest. sad

@niva, COD games have their glitches and things that piss me off, but I still enjoy it. KZ3's weight for the guns kind of pisses me off. I try to get some kills while aiming down the sights and just can't keep control. The lowest sensitivity level in KZ3 is really high for me, I wish I could lowered it more. lol
I might not get Crysis, because I dished out 70 bucks for some Turtle Beach headphones.

nivasan6Date: Sunday, 06/March/2011, 6:48:52 PM | Message # 163
Major general
lol, I love picking people off with the M82 whilst looking down the sights. That's how I got my headshots.

After playing more Killzone 3, I'm starting to overlook the shoddy changes and actually enjoy the game. I found myself enjoying Warzone, but I left games where base/spawn camping occurred, and yes, even when my team was camping the spots I left. Aside from that Killzone 3 is a blast, I guess it just takes a lot of time for it to sink in. The first time I played Killzone 2, I knew I would love playing it.

I'm definitely not getting Crysis 2 especially for the PS3. I did hear that the PS3 versions have some serious problems, but then again their points could be invalid due to the build that they played was probably an early build(most likely pre beta code, as I believe that alpha is the code right behind the final build).

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 06/March/2011, 7:58:31 PM | Message # 164
Our Sexy Leader
Quote (Ang)
nah man, those dudes I roll with are all in their own little world

Sounds like us! Cool. (^_-)b

Quote (Ang)
KZ3's weight for the guns kind of pisses me off. I try to get some kills while aiming down the sights and just can't keep control.

Hip-fire FTW! I only ever ADS-ed when peeps were hella far away (and crouched in this scenario). Trust me, hip-fire is insane.

Quote (nivasan6)
I found myself enjoying Warzone, but I left games where base/spawn camping occurred, and yes, even when my team was camping the spots I left.

The frequency at which this phenomenon occurs will only increase as the game gets older. GL.

Quote (nivasan6)
I'm definitely not getting Crysis 2 especially for the PS3. I did hear that the PS3 versions have some serious problems

Another MS 'fuck you' to Sony consumers, like BLOPS?

nivasan6Date: Sunday, 06/March/2011, 10:12:15 PM | Message # 165
Major general
red, yea, it will increase, but I guess I have to put up with it. It's technically a win-win situation either way. If you're getting camped, you can think of it as an easy way to get kills; especially when using a fully upgraded Marksman. If your team is camping it's another easy way to get easy kills and actually go for the objective too, thus netting you more points. I had these ideas in my head for awhile, but did not want to share as I wasn't sure if it would hold up or not, and it does, lol.

I wouldn't say that Crysis 2 is a MS "fuck you" to Sony because Cytek is developing the game which EA is publishing. They are however making an exclusive game for 360 down the line, which astonishes me because the 360 is inferior and why waste the Crytek 3 engine on it. They should've never made Crysis multiplatform, that ruined the scope and essentially the game for me. Crysis started out as an open-world/sandbox type fps sc-fi game. Now, it's as linear as every other fps on the market. I may get it for PC, but definitely not at launch or at $60. Hell, I got Crysis, Crysis: Warhead, and Crysis: Wars for $40, lol, it's all bundled in the Maximum Edition.

Hip-fire is great, but sometimes I hate it. It does make the game more friendly as it's not all about who aims first or not. Other shooters it's all about who shoots and aims down the sights first. Killzone has always been accessible, but people didn't realize it, or did not care to even think about that, lol.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Killzone » Killzone 3
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024