Killzone 3
GuzmanDate: Saturday, 30/October/2010, 0:44:40 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
Multiplayer Preview by GT

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 21/December/2010, 10:18:05 AM | Message # 2
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
Is KZ3 going to have the sniping scrub x-markers again this time? (>_<)

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 21/December/2010, 7:58:37 PM | Message # 3
Major general
Wouldn't be able to tell you since the beta was exclusive to the stupid plus members, who have to pay in order to even be in a beta.

I didn't think it was "scrub" it still took skill to kill people with the sniper rifle. The x's are there for you and your, keyword here: teammates. Killzone is a team based game, and this makes sure that the sniper can actually help their team. So, if you think it's "scrub", just remember that when I sniped I constantly scanned so that my teammates can know where the opposing players are. There were only a few "scrub" things in Killzone 2, and they were the shotgun, lmg, and explosive weapons (the magnum can also be seen as "scrub" even if it took skill to unlock). Hopefully the shotgun is fixed.

There will be vehicles, which I'm not excited about. It's going to be hell especially if your team is trying to teamkill, or just camp and wait for the vehicle/mech to spawn. The jetpacks do look decent, but I probably will not be using it unless there's a trophy involved, haha.

I hate the fact that Guerrila Games is kind of compromising the controls because idiots can't get used to a new control scheme. They shouldn't even bother with people who complain that their character actually has weight or that the guns actually have weight and recoil.

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 21/December/2010, 9:40:53 PM | Message # 4
Our Sexy Leader
Naw, it was scrubby. If it were just for teammates, it wouldn't have needed to put an X on them for te sniper only. They should have left the scan as an invisible marker, IMO.

I actually liked the weighted feel of the game. It was weird at first, but I eventually got used to it. It took a bit to go back to another game and get used to 'standard' controls, though!

Vehicles are in it?! I fucking HATE that shit. (-_-;)p

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 22/December/2010, 3:46:53 PM | Message # 5
Major general
I believe that the x's would show up even if you weren't a sniper. If I used the Medic and equipped the scanner the people would show up as x's on my screen. The x's are only for the person using the scanner, but the scanner shows everyone on your team where the enemies are on the mini radar/map.

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 23/December/2010, 4:28:34 AM | Message # 6
Our Sexy Leader
No X's! No circles! No flourescent glowing markers! No visible markers of any kind! LOL. That's all I'm asking for...

KuzuDate: Thursday, 23/December/2010, 11:24:34 AM | Message # 7
The Clan Elder
i personally loved sniping on KZ2. it was all i did the last month of playing!
but i found it very retarded that there were so little choices of weapons.
i mean, come on.. 2 assault rifles. a sniper rifle. a shotgun. an SMG. a single-shot, extremely low-ammo rifle. a noob launcher. and 1-2 LMGs that u had to sacrifice your "perk" for...
with so little variation, the game loses alot of points in my book.
i did like the fact that u could search for games specifically, but the gameplay and features were sub-par.

although i can understand ur gripes with COD (support, connection, party) issues, the game framework is very fun.
on the other hand, KZ had great online functionality, but the game just was not that fun.

nivasan6Date: Friday, 24/December/2010, 6:00:50 PM | Message # 8
Major general
lol, red, it's a futuristic game; so them having markers indicating on your screen where others are should not be a problem.

Kuzu, you make a valid point, but I don't see the need for more weapons. If you want more weapons play Borderlands there are hundreds of weapons in that game. I guess it would make more interesting if they did have a bit more with each varying substantially. If there's one weapon I would like them to add would be any silenced gun.

Kuzu, I have way more problems with COD than those obvious ones. The game is dull pure and simple, I could care less for all those useless kill streaks or perks. Look at other great online multiplayer shooters such as Counter Strike, Unreal Tournament games, Battlefield (not Bad Company), etc... Those games don't need lousy kill streaks or perks for that matter, though there may be implicit perks in those games. They should at least implement a squad feature so that only the squad leader can use those devastating kill streak abilities. They seriously need to change the franchise, or give it a break. There are probably more changes in an annual sports game than there are in any COD game. I'm not hating on the game because everyone likes it, I have strong valid points even Guz agrees on most of them. I hate the Bad Company games, but they are good, and I was seriously considering purchasing Bad Company 2. Even though I hate certain games I still give credit where its due, for example the first Halo was amazing, but the rest sucked. The first one did "start" the whole competitive online gaming on consoles. Wow, sorry for ranting about COD. I guess I should take a break from bashing the franchise, lol.

I can confirm that Resistance 3 will have local co-op similar to that of the first game. The second player plays as the character: Ben Harper (not quite sure if it's Ben, but the surname is Harper).

GuzmanDate: Monday, 27/December/2010, 8:22:56 PM | Message # 9
Lieutenant general
I saw the sales reports for Dec....
GROSS. <_>

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 30/December/2010, 10:00:01 AM | Message # 10
Our Sexy Leader
Quote (Guzman)
I saw the sales reports for Dec....
GROSS. <_>

This a COD figure? What was it?

GuzmanDate: Sunday, 02/January/2011, 0:15:37 AM | Message # 11
Lieutenant general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
This a COD figure? What was it?

Yeah. I only saw the top ten, but it was just shy of 8 Million for PS3/360. Keep in mind this was just for Dec, so total sales are much greater. I think next was Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood @ 1.5 Million for PS3/360.
The rest was dumb stuff like "Wii: Fuck Around"

That's just uncool, man.

Message edited by Guzman - Sunday, 02/January/2011, 0:16:10 AM

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 02/January/2011, 0:45:59 AM | Message # 12
Our Sexy Leader
Quote (Guzman)
"Wii: Fuck Around"

Man! Is that game any good? I was thinking about picking it up.

GuzmanDate: Sunday, 02/January/2011, 2:59:49 AM | Message # 13
Lieutenant general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
Man! Is that game any good? I was thinking about picking it up.

It was up there, so it's gotta be!

nivasan6Date: Sunday, 02/January/2011, 5:41:04 PM | Message # 14
Major general
Hooray! The world keeps showing me why it is stupid. People are still eating up COD as if it's the last morsel on Earth! Popularity does not make games, hell if it did the COD games will be the best out there. And, if that were true we wouldn't need anything else because COD would be just superb.

Again, my hating is not unnecessary, and I do give credit to games I hate when it's due. Quite frankly COD deserves no credit from me, or anyone for that matter. They can't even keep a simple 8/16 person game lag free, while in MAG they are able to keep 256 lag free. In MAG you don't see the full 256, but instead broken up into four platoons with four squads making 64 per platoon. That's still a lot compared to shitty kiddy games such as COD. If you want to spend time in an online game, then play an online only game. The campaign in COD are always shit, and they try making up for it with even shittier online, and garbage extra modes.

Another thing, why do people even buy the shit box anyway? Can't they play the same or even match the games on something else, say a PS3 or a PC? There's absolutely nothing on the 360 that's even worth playing that's not on PC/PS3, or that isn't matched on either.

GuzmanDate: Sunday, 02/January/2011, 10:06:21 PM | Message # 15
Lieutenant general
Quote (nivasan6)
People are still eating up COD as if it's the last morsel on Earth!

Day 7:

....I still remember that day. Or I didn't rather. The last thing I recall was the horizon being consumed by an all-encompassing white hot light. How long has it been since such a fate befell the Earth? I don't know. I must try to find a way survive. I can only hope there are others left...

Day 56:
I've been trudging through city ruins for weeks now. I've never been a strong person to being with, so I feel that my actions to defy fate have already made me grow as a person. The old me would've given up on the spot.... Still, thoughts of suicide invade my mind regularly; I feel I've fought back long enough...

Day 73:
I've made a miraculous discovery today! I'm writing this as I go, so I must remember to expand on my experiences later. Today, I went on one of my scavenging runs; much to my surprise I came upon a house that was relatively intact. I ventured inside... & I'm looking at a pristine entertainment center, replete with console & video game galore. This is incredible... such a find must be 1 in a million... everything else was disintegrated by the blast. Upon closer inspection, many of the games are in bad shape. Not from the blast, but apparently the owner didn't take much care with their things. URRGGHH! WHY! My one source of potential entertainment has been dashe.. Wait. I haven't even tried the PS3 or TV yet. I'm such a fool...

?!?!

THEY WORK!

....The blue light is on. I'm scrolling over to the game section of the XMB.
.....It's... It's...

*Sob* I'm sooo happy.. Words can't express..
I couldn't be happier... While I'm here, I might as well try to play online, for shits & giggles. Or maybe I shouldn't. I don't wanna get my hopes up. Ah, what the hell, let's do it. It's not like I have the willpower to stop myself.

I'm in. Though, it's time to search. The likely hood of finding survivors is slim, much less finding them online at a time like this. Ah, we're here, so let's go all the way.

Wha... no way.. I'm in utter disbelief.. a 4v5 on Nuketown... How appropriate, considering the earth's current predicament. >_<
Anyway, the map may suck, but this is too insane. I'm gonna get to PLAY ONLINE! YES!

I'm gonna use 3/5/9 Killstreaks. That is, RC-XD, Care Package, & Chopper Gunner.

I'm doing great. I got a double w/ my RC-XD, & I got a Blackbird from my CP. (crap streak, but o well)

1 away from my Chopper Gunn- "Connection Interrupted"

FUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!............

Message edited by Guzman - Sunday, 02/January/2011, 10:15:12 PM

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Killzone » Killzone 3
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024