redhamuSLADate: Monday, 03/January/2011, 3:13:40 AM | Message # 16
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
That was...EPIC!!!

nivasan6Date: Monday, 03/January/2011, 3:16:22 PM | Message # 17
Major general
Group: Moderators
Wow, Guz that was hilarious!

But, seriously COD is a problem, and other FPS's are taking ideas from it. By this we are going to be flooded with even more generic FPS's, yay! That must be Red's dream come true, since he's a sucker for crummy games, lol.

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 03/January/2011, 7:15:18 PM | Message # 18
Our Sexy Leader
A bit of trivia...who was the first to play online COD games, red or niva?

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 04/January/2011, 5:55:25 PM | Message # 19
Major general
Who was the first one to actually purchase COD rather than receiving it as a present: red or niva?

That's a tough one...

Red, I got it as a present, and at the time I will admit that I actually liked it. That was until I realized the problems in it.

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 04/January/2011, 9:59:11 PM | Message # 20
Our Sexy Leader
That IS a tough one. I avoided buying into COD for A LONG TIME. I think I finally purchased the game two months before MW2 dropped, as I wanted to get a feel for it.

It's true the game has it's faults, as most do. It's unfortunate & frustrating that perhaps the biggest one would be easily dealt with with dedicated servers. (>_<) Generic as it may be sometimes, it has something to offer that the other titles don't--massive amounts of competition. That's largely why I play it. Well, that and it has an FFA mode.

Speaking of which, will KZ3 finally have FFA? If I may predict a response in the negatory, I'm not looking for a "KZ is a TEAM game, so no" kind of thing. A simple 'yes', 'no' or 'I don't know' will suffice. LOL.

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 05/January/2011, 1:40:28 AM | Message # 21
Lieutenant general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
If I may predict a response in the negatory, I'm not looking for a "KZ is a TEAM game, so no" kind of thing.

lol.
I think he's got you figured out, niva.

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 06/January/2011, 5:26:04 PM | Message # 22
Major general
lol, not sure if KZ3 will have FFA. I think it might seeing how the first one had it, and many people complained that the second was missing it.

Regarding COD being competitive, any game is competitive. If you want hardcore competition play a real skillful game such as Tetris. It's up to you as a player to make games competitive. Hell, I could make Valkyria Chronicles competitive if I wanted to, and would have more competition than COD. So, it's basically your fault that you aren't finding anything else competitive. Try Counter Strike or any other PC fps.

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 07/January/2011, 10:04:24 AM | Message # 23
Our Sexy Leader
No, dude. I'm talking about the amount of people playing. "Massive amounts of competition". I don't play PC. I play PS3. You know this.

Hmm...if KZ3 has FFA, I might pick it up. If not, count me out!

nivasan6Date: Friday, 07/January/2011, 4:28:13 PM | Message # 24
Major general
lol, in that case I highly suggest FIFA games as more people play that than COD.

Why don't you play PC? You have an Xbox 360, but you don't play PC.

Enjoy playing COD:BO (it stinks worst than BO, lol) if KZ3 does not have a FFA mode smile

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 07/January/2011, 4:37:22 PM | Message # 25
Our Sexy Leader
You haven't even played it, dude. LOL.

Also, I don't like sports games. I don't know what it is, but FPS seems to be the only genre that really holds my attention.

AlucardDate: Friday, 07/January/2011, 5:26:20 PM | Message # 26
Colonel
Quote (nivasan6)
lol, in that case I highly suggest FIFA games as more people play that than COD.

lol im sorry, niva. i think you lost the argument there. yes soccer might be the world's most popular sport but more people playing fifa online than a cod game. i just wont believe that. i used to play mlb 08 and 10 all the time but only in franchise mode. if and when i did try online.....people just pick the best team(Yankees) and quit out if they are getting rocked. i can only imagine its the same for other sports games besides NHL online hockey leagues.

ps. playing fps with a mouse is cheating. also counter strike sucks ass! i never understood its appeal and never will. medal of honor came out earlier and its a million times better!

nivasan6Date: Friday, 07/January/2011, 6:29:06 PM | Message # 27
Major general
Red, once you play one COD you played them all (starting from COD4).

Alu, you'd be surprised at the amount of people who play FIFA especially online. The online in FIFA is different, most people don't use the best team unless their favorite is considered to be the best. Even in other games people will drop out if their getting a whipping. Which is why I'm not big on online gaming, I prefer single player unless I really like the game then I will play online. I do have online only games, and that was when I was "big" into online gaming, I still play them from time to time, but not as much as before. I only played GT5 online once, and that was with you.

How is playing with a mouse cheating? If I'm not mistaken the FPS genre was created for PC and is perfected with a mouse. Playing an FPS on a console with a mouse can be considered cheating (not sure if you were referring to that or in general playing an FPS with a mouse).

I'm not a Counter Strike fan, but red was talking about competition, and Counter Strike still has tons of "competition".

Alu, if you like Medal of Honor so much, why didn't you buy the new one? It is much better than COD in terms of balance. It does lack weapons which I know the clan hates. Maps are few and not that great.

This is kind of fun arguing and discussing.

nivasan6Date: Friday, 07/January/2011, 6:50:40 PM | Message # 28
Major general
On a side note, Initial D is a really good show. I overlooked it when it first came out, but I'm enjoying it now.

nivasan6Date: Friday, 21/January/2011, 4:08:11 PM | Message # 29
Major general
Good some great news for everyone.

Check this out: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011....ary-2nd

There is a stand alone TDM, so maybe there will be a DM for you, Red.

I'm still pissed that the stupid plus members got in the closed beta, where as people who beta tested Killzone 2 got left out. These people don't know much about beta testing at all, and I highly doubt that they played it. Some people just try it once and forget about it. Red, if you bring up me and Fall of Man, I gave the game a lot of chances and it was fun when I rolled with [WOY] for a short stint.

GuzmanDate: Friday, 21/January/2011, 5:32:18 PM | Message # 30
Lieutenant general
Ohhh, Nice, Nice. Yeah, the plus deal was a bit dumb too in the fact it didn't even guarantee that you got in.

Will the J-residents be able get in using American Accounts? It says NA & EU only.

Message edited by Guzman - Friday, 21/January/2011, 5:32:52 PM

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Killzone » Killzone 3
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024