Main | Black Ops: [PERKS] - Page 3 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Black Ops: [PERKS]
Black Ops: [PERKS]
KuzuDate: Friday, 29/October/2010, 11:51:30 AM | Message # 31
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
Quote (Guzman)
I'm probably flat out wrong. I just don't understand why people are discussing it & I can't find any info regarding it.

no. i trust that u read it somewhere. just there are so many dumb kids out there either straight up lying or bending facts out of proportion. if i see someone with some poise and who can use grammar, i trust them more.

Quote (Guzman)
Figured up @ work, yeah? lol.

ya.. i get alot of "thinking" done at work! but those days may soon be gone, since i have a very distant seating position from everyone else. with more ppl joining the company, i cant surf the net... NOOOOOO. i have to use a separate browser, which i disabled pictures. but somehow ads and embedded pics still creep in there, so i gotta watch out.

GuzmanDate: Friday, 29/October/2010, 11:27:41 PM | Message # 32
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
Quote (Kuzu)
no. i trust that u read it somewhere. just there are so many dumb kids out there either straight up lying or bending facts out of proportion. if i see someone with some poise and who can use grammar, i trust them more.

Yeah, true. It's seems like its been more than just a random comment here & there, though.

Quote (Kuzu)
ya.. i get alot of "thinking" done at work! but those days may soon be gone, since i have a very distant seating position from everyone else. with more ppl joining the company, i cant surf the net... NOOOOOO. i have to use a separate browser, which i disabled pictures. but somehow ads and embedded pics still creep in there, so i gotta watch out.

Be careful, dude.

Message edited by Guzman - Friday, 29/October/2010, 11:27:49 PM

duxy87Date: Saturday, 30/October/2010, 2:55:42 AM | Message # 33
Major general
Found a video of all pro perks listed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26xoNHjdMbQ

KuzuDate: Saturday, 30/October/2010, 9:34:34 AM | Message # 34
The Clan Elder
PERK LIST UPDATED (see 1st page).
thx dux for that confirmation vid!

now i see that alot of ppl were talking out their ass. and things get a little more complicated.

Ghost is now a premier perk, completely invisible except to motion sensor.
Hardline. "change the contents"?? wtf. thats straight from the vid.. thats not the same as "try for a 2nd care package". huh?
Steady Aim... the new pseudo-commando...fits with L/M kit perfectly
Warlord. 2 frags and 2 tac nades. Get 2+2 each spawn? also, what if combo with Scav? might be interesting.
Marathon. infinite sprint u say...
Ninja. goes from silent >> completely silent. does that mean falling from high places too? AND louder enemy footsteps.. thats pretty sweet.
Hacker. "sabotage"? how do u booby trap equipment? its not like the enemy is going to walk up and touch their own camera.. and since its enemy crates, that is just about worthless. invisible to motion sens is nice though.

SO. i now see me changing priorities a bit. GHOST/SOH/NINJA will be my main set. that combo is freaking killer, silent, and very effective for just about every type of gameplay. i was thinking of using hardline, since it will be harder to get higher streaks. but i need to find out what it really does, pro version. before, i thought hacker was intriguing, but now i see its not worth replacing ninja for.

duxy87Date: Saturday, 30/October/2010, 10:40:41 AM | Message # 35
Major general
KUZ IGNORE THE VIDEO THERE IS A RUMOURS THAT IT'S FAKE!! Apparently you can change what the perks do in private mode. I'm sorry to confuse you all but from what I gather from the comments and the forum I found the vid in, They are not the real perks description. I only found this out then.. I'll confirm this though once I find out the truth..

EDIT:

Ok so I just checked out couple other sites which had confirmed perks:

http://www.cod7blackops.com/perks/

http://www.codblackopsblog.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-perks-list/

I guess they are true. Apologies for the false alarm smile

Message edited by duxy87 - Saturday, 30/October/2010, 10:59:35 AM

KuzuDate: Saturday, 30/October/2010, 11:55:32 PM | Message # 36
The Clan Elder
thx for the research.
i think the thing about the customized game with customized perks, is that u can choose which things can be used in ur private game. ex: pistols only, headshots only, no perks, no attachments. whatever. and its not just the "honor" system, u can actually disable certain things. thats how i understood it.

still, the things i mentioned are still confusing. the vid says one thing, yet its not exactly clear what they do. then again, the lists from those sites may be created from ppl doing beta testing. OR they just took all the info from that vid, and made their own interpretations.

anyways, we will find out very shortly!

KuzuDate: Monday, 01/November/2010, 10:09:34 PM | Message # 37
The Clan Elder
ok. i like breaking things down. heres what i think of some perk combinations. more to come. add.share.disagree.discuss.

Perk combo: Warlord + Scavenger
[Positives]
in most cases, Warlord needs Scavenger unless u plan on dying before ur ammo runs dry (ie a few kills). if u get a good streak and kill a few ppl (no more ammo now), u will then be forced to pick up a new random weapon, with only a 20% chance that it will be blinged. also, by this time u probably used up your grenades, thus possibly making Warlord 100% worthless (zero benefits) after a few kills. if u have scav, at least u keep the same weapon u love and chose at the start, complete with 2 attachments. this combo is great, since u start out with 2 lethal and 3 tac nades and u get endless ammo and nade refills while still using ur preferred weapon with scope and silencer.
[Negatives]
losing sleight of hand is obviously huge, but dont forget some weapons may have very obtrusive, ugly, hard to use iron sights. losing ghost might deter u as well. but there are ways to negate the negative (huh?). claymore. hold position. travel behind teammates. jammer to scramble radar. anti-spy plane. launcher as 2ndary. SAM turret to take them out. wait for enemy to come to u.
[Exceptions]
when using an LMG, scavenger is not completely necessary, since there are no claymore refills. with such a large clip, u shouldnt be running out of ammo quickly. therefore u wont be switching main weapons soon and thus keeping ur 2-attachment gun longer. then again, none of u use LMGs ^_^)

Perk combo: Ghost + Ninja
[Positives]
I think we all realize just how important these perks are. Ghost pro gives you invisibility from everything but motion sensors. (uav, super uav, spy cam, infrared scope, aircraft, sentry, dogs). it may be cliche, but its very true: "the best offense is a good defense". being invisible gives u the element of suprise. if ppl see a red dot, they swarm to it like a fly to shit. a red dot is often a death sentence. Ninja pro not only makes u completely silent to run full speed, it also acts as an alarm, or way to get easy kills (louder enemy). please, if you dont have one already, look into buying some headphones. even some cheap $25 ones would be more benefitial than through ur speakers, unless u blast it with 5.1+ surround. U. HEAR. EVERYTHING. reloading. actions such as uav "clicks". walking. ppl in bushes. which direction the bullets are coming from. etc etc. soooo important. i cant stress how useful getting headphones are. when using ninja. u wont hear your own footsteps or confuse urself with the enemy.
[Negatives]
depending on ur playing style it may not really be that necessary. with ghost, u lose out on scavengers ability to keep the weapon ur comfortable with. if u like silencers, and especially if u like warlord, then ghost has its flaws. say u get 4kills with ur silencer, but ammo is now gone. u have to pick up a new weapon, which very well may be un-silenced. firing an unsilenced weapon may get u killed quicker (kill once, get killed) than not having ghost (kill until enemy gets uav). if u like to run n gun, u lose lightweights ability to run faster. u lose hardlines ability to get killstreaks faster. yet its all just preference, isnt it? i have to state that i barely don Cold Blooded for MW2, maybe 10% of the time, and yet i think i do pretty well overall. u can also use these options to equalize the loss of ghost: claymore. hold position. travel behind teammates. jammer to scramble radar. anti-spy plane. launcher as 2ndary. SAM turret to take them out. wait for enemy to come to u.

duxy87Date: Wednesday, 03/November/2010, 11:43:48 AM | Message # 38
Major general
Hey Kuz, I have the list of challenges in how to attain pro perks. Got this info searching through another fourm. Prob best to put it in the opening post.

Here they are:

Lightweight Challenges:
Escape death 5 times after being shot
Get 15 melee kills
Get 10 offense medals by killing ops near their objectives

Scavenger Challenges:
Get 2 kills without dying
Get 10 lethal grenade kills with resupplied grenades
Resupply 150 times with scavenger

Ghost Challenges:
Destroy 30 aircraft without killstreaks
Destroy 5 sentry guns
Kill 20 enemies while their spy plane or blackbird is up

Flak Jacket:
Plant/defuse 10 bombs in demolition
Survive 10 explosions
Throw back 5 enemy grenades

Hardline:
Earn and call in attack dogs
Get a 7 killstreak
Share 10 care packages with teammates

Hardened:
Get 30 kills through walls
Destroy 10 pieces of enemy equipment through walls
Shoot 200 bullets into enemy aircraft

Scout:
Get 30 headshots
Get 50 one shot one kills
Get 50 kills with secondary weapons

Steady Aim:
Get 150 hip-fire kills
Melee 2 enemies consecutively 3 times
Get 100 kills after sprinting

Sleight of Hand:
Get 150 kills while ADS
Reload and finish off the enemy you wounded 10 times (shoot, reload, kill X10)
Kill an enemy within 5 seconds of reloading 30 times

Warlord:
Get 25 frag or semtex kills
Get 5 multi-kills with grenades
Get 150 kills using guns with two attachments

Marathon:
Capture 15 flags
Get first blood 10 times
Run 26 miles using marathon

Ninja:
Get 15 backstabber medals
Plant the bomb in search and destroy 10 times
Get 150 kills using the suppressor attachment

Second Chance:
Get 3 headshot kills in second chance
Get 20 kills in second chance
In second chance, kill the guy who downed you 5 times

Hacker:
Destroy 25 equipment or explosives using hacker
Kill an enemy with claymores or c4 25 times
Kill 25 enemies within jammer or motion sensor radius

Tactical Mask:
Kill 20 enemies that are stunned by your concussion grenade
Kill 20 flashbanged enemies by your flashbang
Kill 20 enemies poisoned by your nova gas

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 03/November/2010, 7:43:25 PM | Message # 39
The Clan Elder
nice detective work, duxer.
added to OP.

i can see that some of these are gonna take some time to complete.. and by that time u may be 1/2 through leveling. along with all the weapons and attachments that u will miss out on...

i will prestige, but not sure if ill do it 15 times. it defeats part of the purpose of the game for me, which is trying out all the different weapons/perks and having fun with them. then again, getting to top prestige is obviously a fun challenge in itself, and the xtra class slots (unconfirmed but probable) will help out.

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 04/November/2010, 6:58:00 AM | Message # 40
Our Sexy Leader
Looks like I'm playing S&D for a bit...

GAY.

GuzmanDate: Thursday, 04/November/2010, 9:56:11 PM | Message # 41
Lieutenant general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
Looks like I'm playing S&D for a bit...

GAY.

Haha, Also looks like I won't be seeing some of those pro perks till I'm done prestiging!

duxy87Date: Friday, 05/November/2010, 0:49:44 AM | Message # 42
Major general
Same here guz, I think i'll do a couple prestiges at least before i start working on all my pro perks. But till then I'll be going for the challenges that are reachable within leveling up to 50.

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 06/November/2010, 10:43:48 AM | Message # 43
Our Sexy Leader
Finally looked at the perks a bit more. Kuzu, I'm thinking the LW/Steady/Ninja is going to be the next annoying class & one of the first ones I try. LOL.

SoH is great in team games in general, but Steady is going to be the new rushdown, IMO. Going to have to get Pro, but once you do...WOOOOO!!!

GuzmanDate: Sunday, 07/November/2010, 3:48:56 AM | Message # 44
Lieutenant general
Steady sounds a bit nasty. especially w/ pro.... "faster knife lunge recovery"

">_<"

KuzuDate: Sunday, 07/November/2010, 6:42:57 AM | Message # 45
The Clan Elder
Quote (redhamuSLA)
Finally looked at the perks a bit more. Kuzu, I'm thinking the LW/Steady/Ninja is going to be the next annoying class & one of the first ones I try. LOL.

Quote (Kuzu)
Steady Aim... the new pseudo-commando...fits with L/M kit perfectly

already agreed with u before u said it! happy
yah that should be a killer combo. but i really shouldnt be complaining. i use just about every cheap tactic in the book besides noob toobs to get a kill. its all fair game.

friday night, i was dying so much, i switched to the LMG default class, with rockets and DC. actually had a fun time, though i didnt do great. as i told dux, on my first 4 attempts using the launcher (u only get 1 rocket), i killed every time. haha. was satisfying.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Black Ops: [PERKS]
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024