Thursday, 28/March/2024, 9:07:11 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | MW2: Map Strats/Effective Load-outs - Page 2 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » MW2: Map Strats/Effective Load-outs
MW2: Map Strats/Effective Load-outs
KuzuDate: Sunday, 13/December/2009, 6:59:04 PM | Message # 16
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
i think its {video} URL {/video} but u may need to change the URL with embed code (usually listed on youtube).

(and instead of squigglies, use brackets for the "video")

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 14/December/2009, 8:47:31 AM | Message # 17
Our Sexy Leader
Follow the instructions from the user bar at the top of the page when you log in. Go to "Multimedia". Click on "insert video". C&P the url into the top box & it'll produce the correct BB Code. Just C&P that into your post.

KuzuDate: Monday, 14/December/2009, 10:23:03 PM | Message # 18
The Clan Elder
(not map strat, but game strat)
Domination:

i get really puzzled when random ppl i play with go for certain flags at the wrong time.
there are a few reasons why i like Dom most. it resembles TDM, with ppl mostly doing their own thang, but it also involves strategy (while much less rigid than other OBJ games).

also, it allows for the most kills in any game mode. why? cuz u can control where the enemy spawns..
wtf, kuzu?

yes. when u control 2 flags, say B and C, the enemy WILL spawn at various locations around A, their controlled point. do not take A... i see this happening so many times. taking A hurts u. if u just control B and C, let them come out of A, not only will u continue to WIN the game (holding 2 out of 3 flags), u will be gaining more and more ez kills since u know thats where they will spawn from. more kills = Killstreak rewards = physical domination

taking A means they will spawn somewhere else, possible B and/or C, and then u have to run around the map like a do-do bird searching for bad guys.. who may be right on ur flank now that some A-hole took flag A.

control the game with 2 flags. close in on their area, but dont let them get past. keep them trapped. get lots of kills. win the game. (this is more frustration at noobs on my team who dont get this concept, but if u didnt realize this strategy yet, please take note of it) biggrin

also, this is the time to rack up enormous killstreaks with chopper gunner/AC130. if u can afford to wait, wait till u get 2 flags and trap them. u know they will spawn in one area. get group kills. they will keep respawning there. ownage.

duxy87Date: Thursday, 17/December/2009, 1:45:13 AM | Message # 19
Major general
Group: Moderators
We tried this last night with hearts, rust, myslef and banion. Because there was 4 of us we strategically teamed up in 2's, one covers point closest to spawn and the other runs to the middle. effective it was as we covered both points parctially 5 seconds after eachother when they just covered the one. Then its a matter of gaurding and defending any fuckers trying to get in on the other two. It's good because you back on another and you can identify where enemies come from quicker, other than being by yourself: a sitting duck!

Having more people say a big group of 8 = divide 4 and 4 and that way keeping control of two points will do the job just fine.

Be keen to how it'll go with more clan members involved.

banion7Date: Thursday, 17/December/2009, 6:56:08 PM | Message # 20
Colonel
Wasteland is crap. That is all.

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 18/December/2009, 5:14:48 AM | Message # 21
Our Sexy Leader
Hehe. I agree, ban. I agree!

KuzuDate: Sunday, 03/January/2010, 1:57:45 AM | Message # 22
The Clan Elder
this applies mostly for domination, esp. dom groundwar. for me, the most important part of any game is right at the beginning. i find it VERY important to know where to go in the first 15 seconds.

Scrapyard:
1. semtex ftw. on either side, run toward A or C. after an initial 3 seconds, throw semtex over the planes toward the flag. i have had several 'quad kills' from the very outset. very very nice.
2. from either side, head toward B. either shoot through the small door (A-side), or aim down the wide opening w/the slight slope (C-side).

Skidrow
1. starting at C-side, sit behind the car door and aim down the 3 rooms. LMG is mighty useful, and may get u a quick 3 kills or so. from A-side, sit behind the forklift and do the same thing from the opposite side.

Afghan
1. from A-side, immediately go left toward C. keep running, until u get to the rocks around the corner from C. by the time they have captured it, u will be ready for them coming down the path. u should get an easy 2-3 kills.

Estate
1. starting at A, go toward the boat house and hover at the plateau overlooking B and the hillside. starting from C, the same applies, but watch out since the higher player has an edge (easier to shoot down then up).

KuzuDate: Sunday, 03/January/2010, 2:29:21 AM | Message # 23
The Clan Elder
Derail
map is huge. either snipe just at the outset of the game, or u can try to run up into the 2nd floor of the building overlooking B. have claymore set up and try to pick off ppl going for B... but this map is very unforgiving. so many routes, so be careful.

Favela
1. from C-team, immediately go toward B but enter the house just before it. from the 2nd floor window overlooking B, u should get at least 2-3 kills from ppl rushing toward B. use something w/ full auto + semtex. just watch out for the 2nd floor spots (window of building in front of A / ledge to ur right / 2nd floor to ur diag left.
2. from A side, go left toward C. u can run a little, but dont go too far. u want to catch the ppl coming from C toward A, running straight at u.
3. from A side, go into the 2nd floor of the building directly in front of A. get the ppl running down the corridor or the guy using #1 tactic.
4. from A side, go into the building near-ish to A, overlooking B on the left. stay near the corner blocks for cover. also, the banana leaves can not be shot through.

Invasion
1. from either team, start running toward B and chuck semtex just a bit over the flag, since most ppl dont run directly into B *they stay back for some cover.

Karachi
1. from C-side, climb up the ladder, go left, and stay on the platform. u can get ppl rushing toward B, or look through the windows of the building near A. also is great for when ppl attack C..
2. from A-side, either go right to the street level or go up the ladder. make sure u have HBS to see how many foes are coming.
dont go inside the building if going low. if going high, watch out for player using #1 tactic, and try to pickoff ppl coming around C toward A.
3. from A-side, run to left toward C. get into the first building overlooking B. u can watch ppl coming out of A, and all of B. (if u want, u can get to the highest point in the map, but while its a good perch, ur very vulnerable.) conversely, use #1 tactic but instead of going left, go to the right side of the 2nd floor platform and watch for ppl coming around the corner.

KuzuDate: Sunday, 03/January/2010, 2:29:53 AM | Message # 24
The Clan Elder
reserved. more later.

AlucardDate: Monday, 01/February/2010, 2:31:40 AM | Message # 25
Colonel
spawn camping is gay lol
i always do RAMBO shit when i play domination, heh

KuzuDate: Monday, 01/February/2010, 10:10:52 PM | Message # 26
The Clan Elder
no no. that is not what i was endorsing.
i was endorsing "area control". maybe its just a linguistic technicality to some, but i like to believe its not the same.

controlling 2\3 of the map, pushing the nme into a main building, instead of having everyone spawn all over the map and causing you to be flanked easily.

AlucardDate: Tuesday, 02/February/2010, 1:52:29 AM | Message # 27
Colonel
lol i know wut you were on about, kuzu ^_-

i just dont like going into enemy territory and they are just camping....

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 02/February/2010, 5:23:41 AM | Message # 28
Lieutenant general
I'll Give Anything For Victory.....

Claymore/Spawn Camp/Stopping Power Barret/Javelin & Care Package Glitch/Etc....

happy

AlucardDate: Wednesday, 03/February/2010, 2:11:57 AM | Message # 29
Colonel
lulz

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 03/February/2010, 7:05:01 PM | Message # 30
The Clan Elder
guz: whats wrong with claymores and stopping power?

SitRep = nullify claymore
Loss of other useful perk, ala cold blooded = nullify stopping power

i personally have no ill feelings toward grenades, semtex, c4 or claymores. i had an issue with grenades in COD4, simply for the fact that the maps were so tiny, and ppl would just chuck them at the start of a match across 2 buildings, bounce off stairs, and get a triple kill within 3 seconds of starting the game.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » MW2: Map Strats/Effective Load-outs
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024