Friday, 26/April/2024, 0:35:37 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | MW2: Map Strats/Effective Load-outs - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » MW2: Map Strats/Effective Load-outs
MW2: Map Strats/Effective Load-outs
redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 12/November/2009, 8:21:36 PM | Message # 1
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
Afghan

Derail

Estate

Favela

Highrise

Invasion

Karachi

Quarry

Rundown

Rust

Scrapyard

Skidrow

Sub Base

Terminal

Underpass

Wasteland

AlucardDate: Thursday, 12/November/2009, 8:34:19 PM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Moderators
be a ninja and SKILLGUN! (effective on any map)

Message edited by Alucard - Thursday, 12/November/2009, 8:34:46 PM

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 12/November/2009, 10:24:53 PM | Message # 3
Our Sexy Leader
I'm still working with the format of the OP. What's good information to give?

KuzuDate: Thursday, 12/November/2009, 10:33:04 PM | Message # 4
The Clan Elder
player size. (good for small game. good for TDM.)
type of layout. (forest, open, buildings)
style of map (is everyone forced into narrow streets? close combat vs longer ranged?)
stlyle of map 2 (fucking stupid, ala Container COD4? sniper map? well rounded?)

GuzmanDate: Thursday, 12/November/2009, 11:07:58 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant general
Oh God...

Red & His Intimidation Tactics..

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 08/December/2009, 10:25:54 PM | Message # 6
The Clan Elder
quick tip:

thermal scopes can be used even more effectively on maps w/ lower visibility (Afghan, Underpass, Rundown)
but should not be used on snowy maps (esp. Derail). Subbase is a toss up. but on Derail, a player in the middle of the snowfield is very hard to spot, since its a white-hot image laying on white...

scrambler, though at first it seems to be more harmful than beneficial, can be quite a good perk when used tactically. for ex, small maps + DOM. cover a flag, but not in an obvious hiding spot. the enemy will know u are near, but not ur exact location. use HBS and hope they dont have ninja. if so, uve got some easy kills. also, this effectively means u dont need a silencer, since u will be 'invisible' to any enemies near u. (no radar).

claymores + scavenger are nice on OBJ games or small maps. get a kill, run over pack, get another claymore and repeat. u can set up 2 claymores as well... very nice.

random: i played a TDM on rust.. once. and only once. was fun but the other team got an attack chopper and it was murder.

banion7Date: Wednesday, 09/December/2009, 8:19:40 PM | Message # 7
Colonel
(FFA)

For Estate, one map which I don't like so much but one that I almost always do well on, you can usually get and keep control of the big house using the M16 ACOG + PP2000 set up (M16 out the windows and PP2000 close range out the windows and in the house). Using Claymores now instead of Semtex, not sure if it's a good choice yet or not - seems like I die trying to set them out more than I kill. I'll test a little longer and see what happens.

Perk loadout Scavenger, Cold Blooded and Ninja work well. Scavenger, since I got Pro (faster aiming) is turning out to be a good perk for me, using it more and more on a lot of maps because I feel like it helps me whip up the UMP faster in surprise firefights etc. That is what it does, right?? Scavenger allows you to set out 2? mabye 3 of those pesky Claymores in/around the house too.

Thing is you need fools to come running into the house but I usually dont have a problem with that, they always do, either to get control of the second floor or to get you back. If it gets quiet, I start smashing windows and they usually take the bait and start coming.

Bad side of this I found out last night is I spent too much time on the upper side of this map, so last night in GW Domination I realized I had no grasp of the angles for fighting in the lower part so I got majorly owned (>_<) like, I had no idea where I was getting shot from! nUuuUUUb.

R_ushDate: Wednesday, 09/December/2009, 8:50:56 PM | Message # 8
Private
Group: Users
Sleight of hand pro allows faster aiming smile Scavenger pro allows you to carry more ammo. And ya.. u can set out 2 claymores with scavenger. I use that same strat you are talking about on the top floor of the estate.. but my god.. once you start playing ffa matches with lvl 70's and prestiges this strat doesn't seem to work all that well ;( You will have some really good shooters waiting for you to pop out on the balcony, or you will have someone climb up to the 2nd floor from the outside area.

This is a good strat though. Still works great for team matches when you have teammates on the bottom floor keeping guard.

banion7Date: Thursday, 10/December/2009, 0:14:51 AM | Message # 9
Colonel
@R ush - thanx for that (^_^ ), I knew something was wrong when I was writing it but wasnt sure what, youll find I usualy cant be bothered to dbl check my write ups - thatwould feel too much like some job, work, you know whatever...

That's right, Sleight of hand is the perk I match with Gordon Lightfooted and Commando. The UMP and Rangers is awesome for Invasion and Karachi sometimes. It's my custom loadout for Rust though, but Ive been using it a lot elsewhere, since Rust barely coms up these days it seems. I switch t my Ninja Cold Blooded ACR w/noobtoob Red Dot Bling + Rangers set up when theres a lot of Killstreaks up though.

I can not hit anything with those Thermal Scopes for the life of me... Found out yesterday that you hold L3 to steady the crosshairs though, so look out for me, nubs LOL>

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 10/December/2009, 12:14:13 PM | Message # 10
Our Sexy Leader
Check this out. I might have to link the individual maps in the OP. That'll be later, though. I IZ TIRED.

banion7Date: Saturday, 12/December/2009, 10:44:53 AM | Message # 11
Colonel
Everyone probably already knows this, but the UMP is bouncy and twitchy without Steady Aim - with it, it's pretty much dead straight.

Took me this long to figure that out, been using Ninja too much...

Guess you gotta play from a certain distance that way. This is what I will try to learn how to do for the next little while.

Suppose this is mostly "note to self" stuff, otherwise, I'll probably forget so plz bear with me. LOL.

KuzuDate: Sunday, 13/December/2009, 3:06:44 AM | Message # 12
The Clan Elder
ban: no, its good that ur sharing. if we all do that w/tips n strategy, we will give each other new info and thats always a good thing.

i noticed with most SMGs, not to hold down the trigger. only spray n pray when ur up close and cant ADS. when u do ADS w/ certain guns, u need to release the trigger sometimes. full auto will lose accuracy w/ the kick.

this is also something u can use for the LMGs. i was rocking the L286W or whatever the first LMG is. i was doing very well with it.

banion7Date: Sunday, 13/December/2009, 4:13:26 AM | Message # 13
Colonel
Thanks for being patient with me mr kuzu!

Did some more research and it's not Steady Aim, it's the Silencer.... The UMP is bouncy with the Red Dot and Holo, iron sights and Silencer is dead stable, even if you "leadfinger" it a bit. Don't think Steady Aim has much to do with it cause I tested it with Commando and it didn't have the Red Dot "bouncyness".

Ran around with Scavenger,, Lightfooted and Commando using the UMP and some games were alright today that way. Sometimes the scary j's were too much to handle either way.

Also found the FAMAS w iron sights is much more useful than the M16 with ACOG.4077

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 13/December/2009, 6:39:11 AM | Message # 14
Our Sexy Leader

At the 1:55 mark, he cancels his reload into instant firing. I found this when the game came out, with the unintentional help of Kuzu, as he did it to me when he was reloading his RPD in my face. I thought I had an easy kill & he got me. LOL. Anyways, the easiest way I found to do this was to hold down R1 (fire) & then double tap Triangle (Reload).

banion7Date: Sunday, 13/December/2009, 6:52:54 PM | Message # 15
Colonel
I saw that. The second time through when I was looking specifically for it... How the HELL did you notice that Red??

He sure is fast.

BTW, how do you post up vids that way again??

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » MW2: Map Strats/Effective Load-outs
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024