Main | KuzuRanger's HOT VIDS - Page 3 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Mess Hall » User-Generated Stuff » KuzuRanger's HOT VIDS
KuzuRanger's HOT VIDS
KuzuDate: Tuesday, 29/June/2010, 8:00:55 PM | Message # 31
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVA929W9mW4

Help guide, using team squirrel footage, using weird voice to cover the fact my mic sucks ass (computer fan, electric fan, fans from soccer game on TV). as i said before, i would love for one/all of you guys to make a response vid to add/supplement to it. (read my other post for further description). lets do it!

oh, and for red, or anyone else who wants to do it, here is the original transcript of my commentary.
http://docs.google.com/Doc?doc....NOqpLoJ
pls disagree with it, agree with it, add to it, add something completely different, do whatever u want: just make it related to how to improve KD, getting better, or "skill-up" as we say in japan.

if u other guys need a video, tell me what u want and ill get on it.

banion7Date: Wednesday, 30/June/2010, 5:36:44 AM | Message # 32
Colonel
Group: Moderators
Alright, Ill throw it down here, the way I see it...

Cant disagree with anything said in this vid in terms of advice. Logiaclly laid out and each argument supported in one way or another (though I havent read the transcript, this is from what I remember after watching it a couple times.)

That said I honestly prefer the commentary for the Estate vid, for example, purely for two reasons. One, the commentarty in that vid was related to what was happening in the actual gameplay and it made me laugh as well, while in the highrise vid though the commentary was full of good advice it came off like a public service announcement - very scripted (which it was, I am assuming). The other eason is the voice... Well I guess you eiher like it or you dont... But personally I fail to see te problem with your real voice.

Also, I suppoe it also boils down to at what point o fdevelopment a player is at as far as how relevant any advice offered in a video will be.. whew, what an awkward sentence that was! You know what I mean though I hope.

For me, *look at this, this happened because I did this* or *Im going here because this usually happens (in this stuation) or I expect this to happen* type commentary is more relevant but hey, thats just me.

GUess the main thing here is while I thought the commentary in your other vids supported the gameplay, the commentary in this Highrise one did not, in fact I felt that it actually took away from it to the point where I ctually didnt see the gameplay at all anymore and I was just listening to the voice.

Regardless, it is a very different approach and there is a direction to go with it and that is entirely up to you, mr. kuz. Bottom line is I appreciate the vids because I like watching MW2 when Im not playing it, (what a crackhead!) and you taking the time to put this stuff up gives me stuff to watch. An original approach is great, I am kinda wings/hutch/all the other dudes *ed out these days...

* other thing is, cant remember the last time I heard *Yo* or *Swearword* etc in the same stream of language as *moreover and whatnot LOL

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 30/June/2010, 9:09:24 AM | Message # 33
Our Sexy Leader
Quote (banion7)
* other thing is, cant remember the last time I heard *Yo* or *Swearword* etc in the same stream of language as *moreover and whatnot LOL

LOL. I loved this part too!

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 30/June/2010, 11:04:39 PM | Message # 34
Lieutenant general
The Part That Sucks Is The Part Where You Don't Upload Vids.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 30/June/2010, 11:24:53 PM | Message # 35
The Clan Elder
ban: again, i appreciate ur feedback. seeing as how u are one of a very select few who even give it to me, everything u say goes straight into my memory banks for processing! so verdict: not ur cup of tea? ill keep trying new things then.
yah, it was 100% scripted. oh, and the thing with the voice, again, was not "tee hee -- im embarrassed to do public speaking in high school" sort of thing; my mic sucks. the PC fan is super noisy. had regular fan blowing, and wife had TV on. i tried to put the mic and my body in as quiet location as i could, but on playback, my voice was crackled and the limits crashed both top/bottom ends.
(im no audio-phile, but i tried using audacitys editing tools, high-end filter, low-end filter, noise remover, normalization. these tools worked for the other vids sorta, but this time around it was just not-savable. so i went with the devil-cyborg voice)

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 30/June/2010, 11:29:38 PM | Message # 36
The Clan Elder
guz: do u like plain old vids, without any commentary? cuz those are the easiest to upload.

btw, did u notice or prefer the color scheme for the highrise vid? i (hey surprise!) fucked up, and only added the colors/brightness to 75% of the vid, somewhere at about 2min in. then u can see warm colors, brighter and vibrant. yes? no?

(oh and im done with saving monster files. ive dropped from 13.5 Mb/s to 8 Mb/s to 4Mb/s. i think the 4 is fine. i notice a very slight degradation, but its hardly noticeable on the small-medium youtube screen..)

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 01/July/2010, 0:50:10 AM | Message # 37
Our Sexy Leader
Ban's opinions on this are pretty damn spot on, IMO. He watches WAAAAY more youtube vids than I do, so I think him to be 'the authority' on the matter. (^_-)b

I liked the voice for a bit & then it got kind of *bleh*. I think it would be cool to do it at select moments in the commentary, like when you were all..."Oh bearded one" or something.

GuzmanDate: Thursday, 01/July/2010, 4:58:04 PM | Message # 38
Lieutenant general
Quote (Kuzu)
guz: do u like plain old vids, without any commentary? cuz those are the easiest to upload.

btw, did u notice or prefer the color scheme for the highrise vid? i (hey surprise!) fucked up, and only added the colors/brightness to 75% of the vid, somewhere at about 2min in. then u can see warm colors, brighter and vibrant. yes? no?

(oh and im done with saving monster files. ive dropped from 13.5 Mb/s to 8 Mb/s to 4Mb/s. i think the 4 is fine. i notice a very slight degradation, but its hardly noticeable on the small-medium youtube screen..)

Well, I Think You Should Probably Do Both. Waiting A Week For A New Vid Is Kinda Lame. If You Could Do Both, & Balance It Out, That Would Be Best IMO.

Yeah Yeah, The Color Deal. I Forgot About It Actually, Since I Posted A Couple Days Later.. Anyway, I Think It Was A Bit Much. Too Red IMO.
How Did You Change It? Add A Color Corrector or Something?

How Big Are The Files Anyway? For A 8-10 Min Vid? I'd Think Anything Past 4-6Mb/s Is Excessive, & "Unwieldy."
Like You Say, Vid Quality Isn't An Issue; Looks Great.

If Possible, You Could Send A Small Clip (& Min Or So) Of Footage, & I Could Mess w/ It. Maybe That Way You Could Focus More On The Commentary Aspect. I Guess A Clip With Both Indoor/Outdoor Gameplay Would Be Preferred. (Or Light/Dark Rather)
I Enjoy Doing That Kinda Thing.

KuzuDate: Thursday, 01/July/2010, 11:50:56 PM | Message # 39
The Clan Elder
roger that.

actually on the color, i may have added 2x the effect, thinking back on it. yah it was the color correction on vegas. i did one manually, as i do with my other vids. then i think i added a 'warm colors' effect, which may have gone overboard. live and learn.

files @ ~9 or 10 min:
13.5 Mb/s = 1.3 Gigs or something asinine. i deleted most of those already.
8 Mb/s = 750 Mb
4 Mb/s = 375 Mb

sadly, even rendering this highrise vid in 4mb/s mp4 took 2.5hours... at least uploading to youtube was much quicker this time (~40min).

would be happy to send u something. whats the best way to send it? if ur really cool, u could do some schnazzy effects, slow-mo, rewind, w/e and call it ur own creation!

GuzmanDate: Friday, 02/July/2010, 2:58:17 AM | Message # 40
Lieutenant general
Quote (Kuzu)
actually on the color, i may have added 2x the effect, thinking back on it. yah it was the color correction on vegas. i did one manually, as i do with my other vids. then i think i added a 'warm colors' effect, which may have gone overboard. live and learn.

Well, I Think That There's Not Always A Clear Cut Answer. One Filter May Look Good In One Spot, & Not Another.. Yeah, Just Got To Play w/ It.

Quote (Kuzu)
sadly, even rendering this highrise vid in 4mb/s mp4 took 2.5hours... at least uploading to youtube was much quicker this time (~40min).

That's The Nature Of The Beast! >_<

You Could Send The File Via Skype, But The Preferred Method Would Be Through MEGAUPLOAD <Cool Hyperlink, Yeah? *^_^*

Quote (Kuzu)
if ur really cool, u could do some schnazzy effects, slow-mo, rewind, w/e and call it ur own creation!

Uh, We'll See What Happens, Huh?

BTW: "Deadly" Explosions Are My Fave Type!!

Message edited by Guzman - Friday, 02/July/2010, 2:58:53 AM

KuzuDate: Friday, 02/July/2010, 10:08:02 PM | Message # 41
The Clan Elder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP9kGomwAv0

gameplay only.

(though finishd a comm. but waiting for computer to be "unused" b4 i can render/upload.)

KuzuDate: Saturday, 03/July/2010, 7:45:39 PM | Message # 42
The Clan Elder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNSyDDkywbE

commentary. 51-11 mp5k/spas

GuzmanDate: Saturday, 03/July/2010, 9:40:38 PM | Message # 43
Lieutenant general
Yo Kuzu, It's Saying The Last Vid Was Removed Due To Length.

KuzuDate: Sunday, 04/July/2010, 9:27:37 AM | Message # 44
The Clan Elder
Quote (Guzman)
Yo Kuzu, It's Saying The Last Vid Was Removed Due To Length.

yah... dumb me. i didnt even check the length b4 uploading... just now realized it was 12min+... LMAO.
that vid will never be posted, since i have to edit, then render (...4-5hrs i imagine!) then re-upload. sry.

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 06/July/2010, 9:07:39 PM | Message # 45
Our Sexy Leader
"Macho Man" DOM 33-6

Forum » Mess Hall » User-Generated Stuff » KuzuRanger's HOT VIDS
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024