[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Battlefield 3 - Page 11 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Battlefield » Battlefield 3
Battlefield 3
nivasan6Date: Friday, 09/December/2011, 3:57:34 PM | Message # 151
Major general
Group: Moderators
I agree with you on the vehicles. I realized that there is a Tunguska in Wake Island for Conquest, as I got shot down by one whilst raining havoc with my attach helicopter. I was amazed to see one, but I didn't bother going to land to look for one, lol. I was too busy trying to fully level up the Jets. I just unlocked the Rocket Pods, and shifted my focus to ground targets instead of taking down other jets. Although my radar wasn't working. It's odd because when I was only attacking aerial vehicles, my proximity scan would always display enemy vehicles on the ground, but now that I shifted focus to the ground nothing shows up, lol.

I'm still using the M416, I would love to use the Famas, but I need my suppressor, lol. I just unlocked the IRNV scope as well, which is bloody amazing. Though, it's shit on Damavand Peak, lol.

The parachute is iffy for me as well. I committed suicide one match when jumping off a building. I didn't realize that my parachute was open, and I accidentally closed it. They should change that mechanic, so that once it's opened you can't close it. So, that way spamming X will always work.

I noticed another bad habit by people. Instead of focusing on the match, and how it's playing out. People in aerial vehicles circle around the opposing team's base, and blow up all the aerial vehicles. The team doing this was losing big time, and I couldn't stop laughing at them because they were a disgrace to their team. A clan I know was on that team, and they were furious with those teammates doing that. Instead of them focusing on destroying vehicles no one was going into, they should've focused on taking down the tanks and infantry.

I guess I'll just have to suck it up, and play the maps that I hate. I usually stick around if my team is good. If I can't help my team, or if my team is shit I will leave. If the other team is playing dirty I will also leave.

Sucks to hear you kept getting into crappy teams. I was on some excellent teams, but for some reason I lost more games that way, then when on a crappy team.

KuzuDate: Sunday, 11/December/2011, 7:56:18 PM | Message # 152
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
this game keeps getting more fun the more i get into it.

am really loving Support class lately, not just because of infinite ammo (which i tend to run out of alot) but also because of C4. i never really used it much in BC2; i always got killed trying to plant it on a vehicle. but now i guess im smarter about flanking undetected and its sooooo much fun blowing up a tank with a few ppl in it! or setting the M-com and leaving a little present for the guys coming to defuse it! boom!

i dunno what gives, but i think ALL (new) guns have the 12x scope as standard.. not only that, i tried using both LMGs last night, and there was this weird glitch where my arms/elbows were way up in the air, obstructing my view for both hipfire/ADS. really weird and couldnt play with it. i thnk ill post it up cuz it just looks so retarded, like my arms are 10 feet long or something. i kind like the new SMG, the HK-something. pretty solid.

nivasan6Date: Sunday, 18/December/2011, 3:03:11 PM | Message # 153
Major general
The game is getting more fun more me as well, but at the same time really frustrating. It's the players that are getting on my nerves. I don't like the vehicle spawn camping done by people in aerial vehicles. I did partake in spawn camping with the attack helicopter, and I felt really cheap during and afterwards. I did it in a jet because I was getting annoyed at some people in an attack helicopter only targeting me with their heat seekers. They were losing pretty badly, and instead of focusing on the easy ground targets they focused all their efforts on me, lol. I absolutely hate when my teammates waste a jet. They purposely try to be the first ones in it, and then I see them bail out over a capture point. After doing that I get two jets and a bloody attack helicopter gunning me down. I also hate the people who turn their jet while on the runway causing damage to my jet and potentially turning me off course making me commit suicide. I don't understand why other vehicles can ram each other with no damage to either vehicle, but as soon as aerial vehicles collide with friendly units; the aircraft is basically done for. I understand that they are trying to be realistic, but they should apply the same mechanics to the land vehicles too. How come crashing into a tree with a jet causes no damage, but as soon as I hit a fence I explode, lol. That fence must be made out of platinum encrusted diamonds, lol.

I still have not used any other class besides the Assault class, lol. I really should play another class, but I feel really comfortable with the Assault. I want to play as Engineer, so that I actually have a chance against vehicles.

I used the Famas once, and I did not like the iron sights at all. You were absolutely right, you can barely see anything with them, lol. That glitch with the LMG sounds hilarious in my opinion. Off course if it happened to me, I wouldn't be laughing, but it still sounds amusing.

I thought that running and gunning with the LMG is supposed to be inaccurate? I keep getting gunned down by people charging with the LMG.

KuzuDate: Sunday, 18/December/2011, 9:18:50 PM | Message # 154
The Clan Elder
Seems like you would benefit from using Engineer if you stick mostly to vehicles; take some fire, hide behind a mountain then repair. I have to admit Engy is my least favorite class though. The carbines just don't have the range im looking for, even though they are pretty good for close-medium encounters.

Last night I was just amazed at the lack of common sense by my teammates. Was on Wake Island, and more than once we had our tank AND tunguska just sitting there.. no one hopped in. so i get in the tunguska and get taken out by triangulated fire from their attack chopper, amtrac, and RPGs... so i jump in the tank, and same thing. whats so frustrating is that i have the CITV station, which means IF someone gets in that seat in my tank, they can lock on choppers and my guided shell will take them out instantly. no flares or anything will help. but no one does. we switch sides and i pick the chopper, then i get taken out by a few RPGers and the tunguska.. my solo IR-flares cant stop them even when i stay low and run away to hide. if someone else got in the gunner seat, focused on infantry and used flares too, it could be very deadly. but of course no one ever does!

oh and what i cant stand is being in the choppers and having jets fly straight into you, making me explode while they keep going on their merry way. that is just stupid. i tried the extinguisher/faster repair combo for my scout chopper, and its actually pretty good. if u only get hit with one Stinger, u can drop out of sight and quickly repair mid-air. but if u get 2 lock-ons, youre dead... haha

ive edited the crazy arms glitch. ill upload it in a few days. its ridiculous and funny and annoying at the same time. the thing with LMGs is that they do have alot of recoil, and cant really fire true on target from anything more than medium distance. but because you get 50-200 bullets (if u use extended mag) it becomes a spam machine. up close they are still quite good as im sure youve found out on the receiving end. im notoriously poor at hip-firing, or i always forget about it and ADS instead, so i kinda waste its strengths sometimes. but i love them when ur holding a room or corridor and putting suppressive fire on them. doesnt make me feel so bad for missing so many bullets lol.

nivasan6Date: Sunday, 18/December/2011, 9:37:19 PM | Message # 155
Major general
I love being a gunner in any vehicle, so long as the driver is not stupid, lol. I have the same problem as you, but most of my teammates do an excellent job when they're using the vehicles. I always get locked on whilst using the jet, and I end up flying low because of that. I have the permanent upgrade that lets me fly low without heat seekers being locked on to me. The problem there is that infantry can easily lock on to me, and tanks can easily blow me up as well. I found a group of people that actually know how to play, and I've been grouping up with them lately. Basically, when we group up we establish air superiority, and we focus on ground targets too, lol. If anyone tries to engage us, we make quick work of them.

If you ever feel comfortable flying the jets, an annoying thing is when you're trying to take someone out, or someone is trying to take you out; you could potentially just circle each other until someone helps, or they get you, or you get them. This happens to me so many times, and it is rather annoying. I wish the jets had more control.

I try my best to not fly into people, and what's worst than that is when you're teammate lacks any knowledge at all, and flies into you causing both of you to die. I have enough control that I can not hit any aircraft whilst flying. The one time I will have troubles is when I'm in the F-35. Man, I hate that bloody jet so much. It's really difficult to maneuver, and it's harder getting air kills with it if you're not using the heat seekers. After unlocking the Rocket Pods, I'm always focusing on the ground targets, unless people start targeting me in the air.

How come the heat seekers on the helicopters have a longer and wider range? It gets really annoying when you're constantly being locked on by an attack helicopter on the other side of the map.

I need a few more hundred points for the Guided Missile on the jets! I'm so excited because now I'll actually be able to destroy tanks and other land vehicles instead of disabling them.

I really need to stop focusing being in the air because I contribute more when I'm on the ground. Although I'm more efficient with the attack helicopter than any other vehicle, which is really odd, lol.

I know I would benefit with the Engineer, but I like helping my teammates by reviving and healing them. More people should revive one another since it refunds a ticket in Conquest. I'm surprised that most people on my team with the Assault kit do not do this.

Hopefully we can squad up sometime.

KuzuDate: Monday, 19/December/2011, 2:16:19 AM | Message # 156
The Clan Elder
this is why i love stats. instead of just over exaggerating, i can let the numbers speak for themselves.

STINGER 33 shots fired / 6 hits / 2 kills
18% hit rate / 6% kill rate

IGLA 265 shots / 75 hits / 18 kills
28% hit rate / 7% kill rate

this is why i dislike having jets and attack choppers in Rush. coupled with people not knowing how to use CITV in tanks it makes it nearly impossible to take out even 1 target. i mean, 75 hits and 190 "misses" from a LOCK ON MISSILE!!! give me a break. that is just too easy to break the lock. and of course the guys who pick the jets do that the whole frikken game meaning they are good pilots, and continually demolish my tank in a 2-second strafing run. /rant

nivasan6Date: Monday, 19/December/2011, 2:41:25 PM | Message # 157
Major general
I played Rush with a group of friends last night, and it was bloody awful. We kept getting into Noshar Canals; we played that map five times straight! Really it was no contest at all, basically the defenders won all the time thanks to the Tunguska. We got into Kharg Island afterwards, and it was really boring with only one jet per team. Not only that, but the jets you guys get in Rush are awful. It makes the Flanker look as if it's the best jet in the world.

I was in the jet and helicopter in Kharg Island, and I kept getting lock-ons from infantry. I only shook a few of them. Basically with those rockets, the jets and helicopters aren't "shaking them off", but rather going out of range. If I know I'm getting locked on by someone on the ground I will always fly straight up with afterburner, or fly really low with afterburner. The problem coming from other aircraft or the Tunguska. Those missiles are hard to shake off, and you will constantly be bombarded by them. In Conquest I had no problems with people in the jets or helicopters affecting the infantry or land vehicles. Basically all the matches I played with both jets and helicopters, the people in them are not changing the outcome of the match at all. Once you get to the maps with only helicopters, then it becomes a big problem.

I have the Guided Missiles, and it is really hard trying to get lock-ons while flying. I'm not sure if you have Guided Missiles for the helicopters or not, but in the jet once you switch over to them you get a black and white screen that takes over as your entire view. Controlling the view on that also controls the jet, and it's hard paying attention to my radar and look for land vehicles to get a lock-on. I really do love the Guided Missiles on the jets. I could care less that it is hard to use, the satisfaction of actually getting ground kills with the jet is more than enough. I love going for the people in the humvees because one hit and I get the kill. I was surprised by the amount of damage it does to tanks as well. One hit and the tank is almost disabled. I get one hit in, and then finish them off with my main gun.

I agree with you on the people who pick the jets and helicopters all the time are good. I always want to be in the air, so that I can learn from others and polish my skills. I have gotten much better with the jets and helicopters, and I feel more than comfortable having a gunner in the helicopter with me.

From your points it seems that the amazing pilots are playing Rush, while the not so amazing pilots are playing Conquest. I noticed it too when I was on Kharg Island. I wouldn't say the pilot on the other team was good at all, but they did give me a good dog fight. I lost because I had missile lock-ons from him, the helicopter, and infantry. If the infantry was not butting in, I would have taken him down and the helicopter.

KuzuDate: Monday, 19/December/2011, 8:04:17 PM | Message # 158
The Clan Elder
of course it varies, but i would say just about every other game or more there is a good jet/chopper pilot(s) that just dominate in rush. with coordinated effort from his buddy or another xx-vehicle, it makes you focus only on the sky instead of the objectives, which i think is besides the point. let conquest be all about vehicles. let rush be about infantry (or at least ground vehicles only). of course, im probably saying these things precisely because i cant fly in jets! but i still think they are completely inappropriate for rush. the only purpose they serve is to get personal kills or cause distraction without making any contribution to the objective. in essence, its just someone out for free kills without having to help "rush".

oh i am one kill away from having the m1 Abrams be my #1 killing weapon! lol (notice how u dont see me complaining about tanks, haha).

nivasan6Date: Monday, 19/December/2011, 10:09:12 PM | Message # 159
Major general
lol, you make some valid points, but the same can be said for any vehicle. I can say the same thing about tanks as well. People just use them for free kills without actually contributing to the mode of Rush.

Doesn't each death for the Attackers drain their tickets causing the game to be over? In that case all the vehicles serve a purpose, and people in the aerial vehicles contribute just as much as the people on the ground.

If people in the jets are just focusing on the air targets then that is just stupid. To me it seems that the people you're describing are the ones that circle around the other team's base. That there is not what I would consider a good pilot, yet alone a decent pilot. That there is a pure garbage pilot. The good pilots do everything while not "camping" by the other team netting them easy kills. Unless I'm not interpreting your point correctly. Are you saying what I believe you're saying that the people in the jets focus solely on the air, or are you saying that with air vehicles you focus on them rather than the air targets? Judging from the short amount of time I spent playing Rush it seems pretty balanced to me. Both sides have access to aircraft except on certain maps. In those cases the other team with no aircraft has access to one of the most powerful vehicles in the game: Mobile AA.

I don't know, but to me it just seems that you're annoyed with people when they use the aerial vehicles in Rush. I didn't see a problem with them being there at all. I did see one big problem though. All the matches on Noshar Canals, the people who used the Tunguska always had 30+ kills with less than 6 deaths. That there screams to me that something is really wrong with the vehicle.

I guess I shouldn't really be talking about Rush since I don't really play it. I will take your word though since that is the primary mode you play. But, in my eyes I honestly did not see a problem with the vehicles at all.

I do want some major changes to the jets though. I want a better indication as to when I'm getting hit. You can barely tell whether or not you're being attacked unless you see the vehicle health percentage, or you see the Warn. When you're being attacked in the other vehicles the color hue of your screen changes. I would like that to also be implemented on the jets. I also want a carpet bomb, or some other bomb as a weapon.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 20/December/2011, 1:14:43 AM | Message # 160
The Clan Elder
my main problem is with jets, and to varying degrees with attack choppers.

sure a jet pilot can kill ppl and deplete attackers tickets. but they are doing it from the comfort of the sky. often they go unchecked, or if the other team decides to focus on them it really has nothing to do with the objective, ie setting/defending the M-com. im not even talking about spawn camping. im talking those who go around the map and shoot whatever they can find (other jets, choppers, tanks, infantry). my point is that a jet pilot does nothing to help his teammates. he flies solely for himself, and does nothing to SET or DEFEND the M-com, which is the real objective.

chopper pilots do the same thing (and with more mobility are more likely to spawn trap), but at least they can be a spawn beacon so others can jump out over the M-com and actually PTFO. in this respect, if they ARE helping their team to go after the objective, i can sympathize with them in rush mode. but jets are inappropriate. if u didnt have the nostalgia from BF2 for them, and if u played rushed predominantly, i think u would understand more clearly. im not saying i dont respect good jet pilots or that they dont belong in BF3, but it should be left out of Rush for the sake of the game mode. 99% dont play rush to rape in jets, but that 1% who do make it an unpleasant experience which totally detracts from the game mode IMO.

its not merely an issue of balance. sure there is usually a jet for each side, or an attack chopper for one and tunguska for the other. but considering that teams are often unbalanced, one side will never be taken out of the sky. so what does it have to do with the M-com? of course we can say the same things about tanks, or even "flanking" since that is leaving your M-com to get kills. but its still not an equal comparison. tanks are the #1 vehicle taken out. u cant spawn trap behind enemy lines in a tank (except for the transition between last/new phases). and tanks most certainly have a purpose of troop transport and blocking the opposing force just outside the M-com.

im not making personal attacks on you for flying in jets dude. if i played conquest (and when i do, i ALWAYS get in a tank/chopper) and if i could fly them, im sure i would! but its that they dont belong in rush. in conquest they are perfectly fine.

although im a tank whore, seeing the overuse and owerpowered-ness of jets in rush mode just seems silly. sure a few ppl from BF2 appreciate it. and its a cool gimmick to put on your resume as a developer. but it does nothing to motivate ppl to play for the objective in rush mode. it only makes ppl more selfish.

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 20/December/2011, 2:35:38 PM | Message # 161
Major general
I agree with your points to an extent. People in jets are contributing to the objective. In terms of the defenders they are "defending" the M-COM. It may not be apparent at first, but they are defending, and depending on their side that is their objective. The people on the attackers side are also contributing to the objective, by helping clear a way to the M-COM's. I don't think DICE would put vehicles on maps or modes just for the sake of it. They have their reasons, and to me it does seem pretty balanced most of the time.

My nostalgia for BF2 leaves a sour taste in my mouth for the jets. In BF2 the jets were overpowered. If you think that jets in Rush are bad, I don't think you should play BF2 at all, unless you play on maps with no jets. The jets in BF2 are similar to how the Tunguska is in BF3. In defense of the jets, they were really hard to control in BF2 without a joystick. The air vehicles in BF2 were all overpowered, and it is a common complaint with BF2 players.

I can see your point about the jet pilots not contributing to the objective, and in basic terms you would be correct. But, in the larger picture I would have to disagree with you about jets in Rush.

Your point about pilots in jets are selfish are true to an extent. As I said before the real pilots do everything while in the air. The selfish pilots are the ones circling around the other team's base, and blasting anyone that gets in a jet or helicopter. When I'm in a jet, I'm always spotting for ground targets and infantry. I try my best to soften up the vehicles so my teammates can get the kill. I barely get kills in a jet, and I have more hours in them than I do with all the other vehicles combined! There are plenty of pilots out there who are the same way, they focus on helping the team rather than being a distraction. Although I have been getting put into matches with selfish pilots. I can see why that would make you sick/annoyed. I feel annoyed when pilots on the other team are not helping their team at all. Sure, they are killing stationary targets and helping to deplete tickets. That killing of theirs does not contribute to their team at all when they have no flags or one.

I guess we kind of share the same points, but I'm just not seeing it in Rush because I don't play it.

I'm going to agree with all your points, since it's probably the same thing I experience in certain Conquest matches.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 20/December/2011, 8:00:57 PM | Message # 162
The Clan Elder
meh. u dont have to agree with me. lol i was probably just getting my ass kicked a few days in a row and had to gripe. its weird that i find hardly any consistency these days. my scores go all over the place. usually they are around the same place for other games, but in BF3 i go way up, then way down which gives me the average of the 2.

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 21/December/2011, 2:55:53 PM | Message # 163
Major general
I know how you feel because the same thing happens to me as well. The funny thing is it's usually only in Battlefield games where I go from doing really well to doing crummy the next match.

I started getting really annoyed with the Scout Helicopters. Basically the pilot has three of his buddies in there, and they're all repairing and have Javelins. It was madness one match on Damavand Peak. My team still won, but it was crazy with all the shit happening at Flag A. I stayed in the tunnel slightly looking over at A with a tank, lol.

KuzuDate: Monday, 26/December/2011, 2:02:13 AM | Message # 164
The Clan Elder
i got my first jet kills last night! i cant tell you how happy/relieved i felt to finally get it. it also unlocked the heat seekers, so that was a great bonus. i guess i have a teensy better feel for jets, but i still cant manage to make a flip (like making the letter "C"). the only way i can turn is by rotating my wings 90 degrees and moving along the horizontal axis like a ring around a planet. i still have no idea how to turn on the vertical axis.

scout choppers are tricky no doubt. as a solo crew i often dont last more than a minute or so. i tend to see infantry and over commit, eventually crashing into rocks or wires. as infantry ive gone up against quite a few good pilots who last 1/2 the game and constantly dip out of bounds to get safe, then pop up again somewhere else mowing ppl down.

i had a cool kill in a tank last night: blasted a chopper out of the sky with my cannon and killed 2 ppl. i love it when they think they have the upper hand but u surprise them instead.

nivasan6Date: Monday, 26/December/2011, 3:29:13 PM | Message # 165
Major general
Congrats on your first jet kill! I was excited when I got my first jet kill as well.

I mastered the jet a few days ago, and my tags that I'm using display my jet kills and a jet logo by my name.

I still have not mastered the jet in terms of maneuverability, though. I see people turning around in a basically a second, and I'm trying to figure out how they do it. The flip you're talking about can be tough and disorientating if you're not used to flying games. I would suggest you practice making the "C" when in third person view. Basically what you do is you have to turn your jet while turning, if that makes any sense. I'm not good at explaining anything, but there are videos out there.
This video isn't too bad, but better research will find a better video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkPsGauBb9s

I know that you're not going to agree with me on this, but I think the ECM Jammer should be on all the time, and it basically does not allow heat seekers to lock on to you. The heat seekers only apply to other aircraft and the Mobile AA. Infantry, tanks, and guided missiles can still lock on. I just want the ECM Jammer to last the entire time as long as the jet is not disabled or destroyed. This still makes the game balanced in that infantry can still lock on, but other aircraft cannot. Jets still have a chance against other jets, and helicopters also have a chance against them as well. As it is now the ECM Jammer is kind of useless, in that it lasts for about 5 seconds, and then I'm getting locked on again. I do have a permanent upgrade that does not allow heat seekers to lock on to me as long as I am flying at a low altitude. It's getting really old when I'm constantly being locked on by a helicopter and two jets. I can handle that, but it's really tiring when that happens. The range of the heat seekers on the helicopters are a joke as well. They can practically lock on to me from the other side of the map! I feel sorry for the gunner in the helicopter when the pilot is focusing on the air targets. I was a gunner a few times in that position, and it's really stupid! The pilot was garbage, and we got shot down almost instantly. I wasn't effective either because I couldn't focus on the ground targets.

The heat seekers are good against people with no IR Flares, but if you're using them against a good pilot they will easily turn around and gun you down. My advice to you when using them is fly high, and away from the action, and then use free-look for any enemy aircraft. When you spot one you swoop down on them similar to a hawk, and then fire a few rounds with your machine gun first, and then quickly change to heat seekers. This will give the enemy a surprise, unless they have air radar. This tactic works, but it's also not that effective. Really, I wouldn't bother with the heat seekers at all because using them will not make you a better pilot. They can soften a jet or helicopter, but learning how to use the machine gun is key in becoming better with the jets. But, using heat seekers will cause a lot of pilots to panic, so using them in your case will be a good idea. I would also recommend that when you have a lock-on you should wait to see if they use their IR Flares first, at which point you should fire both your heat seekers and get a kill. When that happens your lock will automatically focus on the Flares, but it will quickly shift back to the jet within 2 seconds. By that you're basically guaranteed to get the kill. If they don't use their flare first, fire one missile, and then change to your machine gun and get a few shots on them, then change back to your heat seekers and potentially finish them off.

My loadout for the jet is: Air Radar, IR Flares/ECM Jammer (depends on the situation), and Guided Missiles (help the ground troops out). I stopped using heat seekers when I unlocked the Rocket Pods, and even before that I only used the heat seekers to find the pilots who are panicked when locked on.

I suggest looking at videos for tips, as my style usually only works for me and a few select others. It's rare when I fly against other pilots who don't use heat seekers.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Battlefield » Battlefield 3
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024