Monday, 06/May/2024, 0:38:43 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Resistance 3 - Page 14 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Resistance » Resistance 3 (Hope It's Good?)
Resistance 3
GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 30/August/2011, 11:44:52 PM | Message # 196
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
Quote (nivasan6)
I buy some shooters for the storyline. I'm getting Resistance 3 primarily for the story, as I want to know how it all "ends".

LOL, I'm sure you've heard, but you know how the tagline for Halo 3 was "Finish the Fight"? Then @ E3 they they announced Halo 4, 5, & 6?
It's not really that funny but, that shit tickled me. I THOUGHT THE FIGHT WAS FINISHED!

Quote (nivasan6)
"But wait there's more! While many people love and praise the new direction of Resistance 3’s MP, we also wanted to give a nod to longtime fans. We are announcing a new playlist called *Classic Hardcore*. It's got all the exciting R3 action minus Berserks and abilities. This is for those players who want to go toe-to-toe without the extras. Classic Hardcore will be available Day 1!"

Does Hardcore make it so you can tell where you're getting shot from? That's pretty hardcore right there.

Quote (Ang)
And guys, I don't agree that there are games with bad campaigns or that it was COD's fault.

I dunno if it's CODs fault, but I feel like very few games these days have that pull that they once did. That feeling that was reserved for the few 'greats', ones that you would just make you say "Man, I should play "____" & just be a lazy bastard. (Even more so than I already am, mind you)

Wether its me, or current titles I'm not sure, but MP has taken the forefront & I find it more enjoyable these days, but for different reasons. The single player experience that I can just get immersed in, w/ the desire to play constantly till its over, & finally feel kinda down after it's finished, is gone.

Quote (nivasan6)
Back when I got the PS3, I was so excited about online.

It's funny, I felt the exact opposite. I never thought I'd venture into online.. My extent on multiplayer prior to that was LAN parties & the like w/ a limited number of friends. I stepped into a match of Resistance FOM (nervous as hell actually, lol) & fell in love instantly. I remember my first kill too: A target bomber going up a vent on Lexington. At that moment I knew I was gonna be coming back for a while. Hehe, what a nerd, yeah?

AngDate: Wednesday, 31/August/2011, 8:59:26 AM | Message # 197
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
I was nervous too Guz. I too wasn't too sure about going online. I was scared to get my ass handed to me, which of course I did for a while. I got a PM in Resistance telling me that I sucked and that I should stop playing the game. sad

I just laughed and kept playing. Took a while for me to realize I needed to shake the controller to put the fire out. >_<
I put a lot of time in that game. Gotta thank TheBargster for introducing me to red. <3

When I saw his clan name "theBeardedSquirrels" I was like: WTF? lol

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 31/August/2011, 12:55:11 PM | Message # 198
Major general
Quote (Guzman)
LOL, I'm sure you've heard, but you know how the tagline for Halo 3 was "Finish the Fight"? Then @ E3 they they announced Halo 4, 5, & 6?
It's not really that funny but, that shit tickled me. I THOUGHT THE FIGHT WAS FINISHED!

I laughed at that too. I was getting happy to know that the Halo universe is finally done with, and poof, Halo 4! I especially like how Microsoft are making it seem as if it's a good thing to have Halo 4, 5, and 6, lol.

Quote (Guzman)
I dunno if it's CODs fault, but I feel like very few games these days have that pull that they once did. That feeling that was reserved for the few 'greats', ones that you would just make you say "Man, I should play "____" & just be a lazy bastard. (Even more so than I already am, mind you)

Wether its me, or current titles I'm not sure, but MP has taken the forefront & I find it more enjoyable these days, but for different reasons. The single player experience that I can just get immersed in, w/ the desire to play constantly till its over, & finally feel kinda down after it's finished, is gone.

The only thing I was blaming cod for was the short campaign. Before MW came out, campaigns had a respectable length depending on the genre of game. Remember when Heavenly Sword came out, and people were appalled by the 4 hour campaign? Then when MW came out and had the same length campaign, people just considered it to be the norm. After that developers and publishers alike decided to cut down on the campaign and focus on other aspects of the game. Now, it seems that Publishers are the ones who are pushing for multiplayer. So, when that happens most of the funds go directly into the multiplayer aspects and not the campaign. I know Heavenly Sword is single player only, but after the arrival of MW everything changed for the worse.

I know what you mean about lackluster campaigns in games nowadays. There are some really good games out there with excellent campaigns. I always have to complete the campaign in all my games because if I don't I feel incomplete, lol.

My first kill in Fall of Man was with an Auger. The first match I played I only managed two kills, one with the Auger and one with the Hedgehog grenade. I believe I went 2-10 or something, lol. I just didn't find the experience or the online portion that great. Especially after playing some other games. When I played my first match in Warhawk, I was in love, lol. I remember getting into a Warhawk, and not knowing how to fly it, but it was damn fun. In every match I used to fly around in it even though I sucked at flying it. It was one of the most fun experiences I had in an online game, but now Warhawk is a big joke because of the way people play it now. I got MW as a gift, and stopped playing Warhawk all together. That is saying something about MW, and how much I hate it now, lol. I used to love cod back then, and was super excited for MW2 way before WaW even came out.

PatrickDate: Friday, 02/September/2011, 11:26:54 AM | Message # 199
Lieutenant
Tried the R3 beta yesterday. In my first game, I managed to do good but the next games, I got blown to pieces by a dude sporting the bolt gun(or whatever that gun is called). As I progress, I got a 10 killstreak where I got a weird wraith look-alike which shoots mini explosives(i think). I also played against 2 B_K guys...swoosh.

My router broke, school starts next week, R3 does not come out til the 9th, so I'm probably gonna miss the first days of the SQUIRREL R3 DOMINATION. LOL. I'll be playing with you guys next next week, need to study harrd for I failed Algebra for engineering. cry :'( cry :'( cry :'(

Message edited by Patrick - Friday, 02/September/2011, 11:28:06 AM

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 02/September/2011, 6:26:47 PM | Message # 200
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
Yeah, Pat. Sucks about your router. Would have liked to have gotten some games in! (>_<) Next time, huh?

Get those studies done, biotch!

PatrickDate: Sunday, 04/September/2011, 7:45:58 AM | Message # 201
Lieutenant
aight aight. trying to find another course so that i dont have to deal witht the harsh subjects. Anyways, Ggs last night red

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 04/September/2011, 4:38:43 PM | Message # 202
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
Quote (Patrick)
aight aight. trying to find another course so that i dont have to deal witht the harsh subjects. Anyways, Ggs last night red

Gyeah, gg's! Wait, so what's your major?

PatrickDate: Sunday, 04/September/2011, 9:23:36 PM | Message # 203
Lieutenant
Quote (redhamuSLA)
Gyeah, gg's! Wait, so what's your major?

Electronics and Communications Engineering. I know, looks so wacko

duxy87Date: Sunday, 04/September/2011, 9:35:53 PM | Message # 204
Major general
Gg's to patrick too. Apologies to alucard we just had too many freezes and router problems which resulted in us getting no where lol.

After a couple sittings playing the beta, I found that all the weapons can be deemed as 'nubish'. I've gotten to like the 'not so skilled' gun A LOT, from the basis of getting right in close, hipfire, igniting them on fire, and the rapid speed of firing the weapon. I'm becoming quite the shotty player over recent times and it seems to be working out for me. I've reached level 20 so yet to unlock the atomizer but al said its the most nubbish weapon out there.

The current class I'm digging is Rossmore, shrapnel, ammo beacon, decoy, bandoleer and weapon belt.

PatrickDate: Sunday, 04/September/2011, 9:56:37 PM | Message # 205
Lieutenant
Rossmore is awesome. Very fun to use. With the shotty, I use bubble shield and the lightning belt thingy. lol

duxy87Date: Monday, 05/September/2011, 0:04:39 AM | Message # 206
Major general
Yeah the shotty just seems to work! The bubble shield is a location thing right? I can't seem to figure out the electric belts effectiveness...?

Anyways, there are two things that really piss me off so far...

1. I hate those little leech crawlers who pop out after you kill someone. And

2. I hate those fucks who who put up health beacon and turret deployed simultaneously.. Fucking noob tactic pricks!

PatrickDate: Monday, 05/September/2011, 10:18:58 AM | Message # 207
Lieutenant
haha. Same here.

AngDate: Monday, 05/September/2011, 1:53:38 PM | Message # 208
Lieutenant colonel
GGs D number 2! Or are you D number 1? I made DTeach around late 2009ish. Keep those grades up!

Anyway, sorry for backing out to get Alu when we could of just kept playing (Alu joined in anyway), but honestly...I didn't want to play against those guys again. I am glad Alu joined in and we were close to winning, but even with the three of us, the rest on our team were terrible noobs. Sure was fun though, seeing [BS!] up in the scoreboard. smile

I will admit, I like the noob shotty, especially being cloaked. I love running at a guy who is clueless and then BOOM! Right in the face. lol
I will play like a dick if I notice the other team doing the same.

If I play against dudes that use the Bullseye or Carbine, I put away my Marksman/Shotty and go head to head with them too. The game is so much fun when that happens. I can't wait for hardcore mode.

I agree Dux, there is nothing more annoying in this game than being on a very high killstreak and those damn leapers mess it up. One way to counter them is with the Heal Beacon. I use the Heal Beacon a lot more now, plus it helps out the team a lot! I suggest you all do what I do, if you see a teammate getting a kill and then leapers pop out, help him/her take those damn things out!

The Ammo Beacon imo, is not that good or useful, there are better perks to use, plus you can reload pretty quick with Gunslinger.

Oh, since it seems the servers are down or something, I tried playing a Blops match for the hell of it and it took one game for me to never go back to that shit. lol
I will see you fellas when the game is out!

PatrickDate: Monday, 05/September/2011, 9:58:19 PM | Message # 209
Lieutenant
Quote (Ang)
GGs D number 2! Or are you D number 1? I made DTeach around late 2009ish. Keep those grades up!

GGs! DLast1 was made September of 2010 so D number 2 it is. lol

Gonna try harder to get my grades up.

Quote (Ang)
Anyway, sorry for backing out to get Alu when we could of just kept playing (Alu joined in anyway), but honestly...I didn't want to play against those guys again. I am glad Alu joined in and we were close to winning, but even with the three of us, the rest on our team were terrible noobs. Sure was fun though, seeing [BS!] up in the scoreboard.

Its aight man. Its good to have played with almost everybody in the clan before I go to school again. Thanks guys

duxy87Date: Monday, 05/September/2011, 11:45:13 PM | Message # 210
Major general
Are the servers down for good? I just can't seem to find games anymore sad

Only a few more days till this is out though, looking forward to get games in with everyone, despite lag not messing things up..

Got up to lvl 21 I just want to unlock all the rest of those things so I know what they're like.

Anyone getting this on day 1 release?

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Resistance » Resistance 3 (Hope It's Good?)
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024