[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Killzone 3 - Page 3 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Killzone » Killzone 3
Killzone 3
nivasan6Date: Friday, 21/January/2011, 6:10:11 PM | Message # 31
Major general
Group: Moderators
Not sure if that would work, since they always check IP addresses. They would be able to download it, but not sure if it would actually run.

nivasan6Date: Friday, 21/January/2011, 8:27:06 PM | Message # 32
Major general
I just watched some videos on Killzone 3 multiplayer, and it looks disappointing. Considering that I'm a huge Killzone fan they made this one more streamlined and accessible to more people. They took elements that have been seen recently in other fps's, such as: points being displayed after killing/assisting, alerts on ribbons and medals in-game, etc... They should've kept it the way it was in Killzone and Killzone 2. I have a feeling that this game is not going to be skilled game as was Killzone 2 especially for people who did not use the shotty, explosive weapons, lmg, etc...

They should not have done this, as it practically kills what made Killzone, Killzone. Now it's shaping out to be another fps.

I still pre-ordered the Helghast Edition and am still looking forward to this game, but it's not going to be high on my list as Killzone 2 was, unless I get blown away by the campaign; and, the added split-screen campaign sounds promising.

AlucardDate: Saturday, 22/January/2011, 4:19:03 PM | Message # 33
Colonel
played a kz3 demo today. player movement isnt sluggish. its kinda cod pace....the jet pack was pretty cool. the jet pack also has some sort of automatic machine gun that had unlimited supply of bullets without ever reloading. after playing for about 10 minutes during some level i heard a familiar weapon switch chime and thought i caught glimpse of a bullseye rifle on a screen to my very far left. i immediately dropped the glasses and controller and made my way there to be disappointed with medal of honor lol

GuzmanDate: Saturday, 22/January/2011, 8:24:26 PM | Message # 34
Lieutenant general
Quote (Alucard)
after playing for about 10 minutes during some level i heard a familiar weapon switch chime and thought i caught glimpse of a bullseye rifle on a screen to my very far left. i immediately dropped the glasses and controller and made my way there to be disappointed with medal of honor lol

LOL. Silly Alu.

nivasan6Date: Sunday, 23/January/2011, 3:57:53 PM | Message # 35
Major general
lmao,

Alu, did you like the way that Killzone is heading?

MoH isn't too bad, it's highly balanced but lacks in weapons and maps.

KuzuDate: Sunday, 23/January/2011, 10:49:32 PM | Message # 36
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
at this period in my gaming life, i hope i have progressed enough to stay away from non-dedicated-server games. with that said, i will seriously consider ANY game that has DS.

i am not entirely against KZ3. some of my areas of concern are:

-- sluggish controls
(i know u may not agree niva, but i think that also is related to the fact that u play about 100 games a year, whereas i play about 2-3. and mine being the same COD-frenetic paced twich shooter.) so im used to fast-controls, and feel im at a disadvantage without it. it just feels like instead of connection lag, i have controller lag, which is equally as frustrating in some ways.

-- lack of weapon variation
i dont think im the same as everyone, but this is a big selling point for me. others may be content with a few basic, mulitpurpose guns, but i want more. KZ2 was extremely limited in this area. i basically only used 3 guns: the m16-style assualt rifle, the old vintage pop-pop shooter, and the sniper rifle. if i were to play a COD game, i might switch between 3 guns in a few minutes. for KZ2, a few guns are expected to keep u entertained the WHOLE time u play the game (months on end?). that is not enough for me. if they offer more than before, that is a start.

-- moving away from FPS, heading toward "Mecha" armor/vehicles
i, like red, have found my calling in FPS. for me, its military-style FPs in particular. while i may be able to let R3 into my heart, i dont really adore the idea of sci-fi genre games that include alien technology. i like to stick to basic weapons that fire bullets, not lazer beams with exploding gas-vapor particles or slime-plazma rays that seek heat. i guess thats why RDR appeals to me. its very basic. every game is literally just a shootout; no perks, no tricks, no advantages. im not a fan of the idea of adding jetpacks, exoskeletons, armored vehicles or guns, etc. KZ2 was fine in that respect. the extra abilities did very little to alter the game; they helped a little, but were not overpowered. i dotn want new toys to shape the way ppl play it, moving it away from just a FPS.

those are my main concerns. im happy with whatever modes they offer as im really not picky. if they offer more weapons, dont go overboard with the sci-fi aspect of it, and dont let flying jetpacks/exoskeletons/armored weapons take too much power or effect on the game, i will consider getting this. thats my take.

nivasan6Date: Monday, 24/January/2011, 2:45:08 PM | Message # 37
Major general
Kuzu, those are some excellent points. I did read that they are changing the controls in Killzone 3. I believe that they will have many schemes of which might reduce the "sluggish controls". As you said, I do prefer the heavy controls in Killzone because it makes me feel as if I'm controlling a soldier and not a soldier that is as light as a feather.

I'm with you on the whole vehicles in multiplayer. I fear that they focused too much on vehicles and streamlining the game, than actually improving on the second.

nivasan6Date: Monday, 24/January/2011, 2:50:44 PM | Message # 38
Major general
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011....e-43993

The weapon list as of now isn't too substantial going by Kuzu's standards. But, I am loving the silenced weapons smile

Hope you guys enjoy looking at the weapons list, there are way too many pistols, lol.

KuzuDate: Monday, 24/January/2011, 9:09:57 PM | Message # 39
The Clan Elder
i took a look at that list, and yah i was more than a bit disappointed.
i mean, almost all of the weapons from KZ2 are on that list! (all of them?)
granted i have no idea about the story, but really, these guns are EXACTLY the same! lol how about a little ingenuity please? and yah, do we need what, 5 or 6 handguns? lmao

i think silencers will definitely make a huge impact, since they offer a major new dynamic.
i DO like that they gave the sta-14 reflex sights. hope they gave it a bigger clip size too, cuz i remember it having like 14 rounds total or something ridiculous like that in KZ2. its an assault rifle, not a sniper rifle, but they totally gave it the shaft before (iron sights, tiny clip size, semi-auto fire).
i sure as shit hope this is not the complete list, cuz that would just be pathetic IMO.

got any info about the class system? i guess most would be the same. (main-AR / engineer-shotty / saboteur-SMG / beefy-LMG / stealth-sniper). how about abilities? sorry if im too lazy to look it up. i didnt realize the game was being released so soon; Feb 22. right around the corner.

KuzuDate: Monday, 24/January/2011, 10:33:15 PM | Message # 40
The Clan Elder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saRVRXokOWw

3min of MP gameplay. TBH it looked pretty good, although felt exactly like KZ2. sounds, equipment, guns.
notice how easily he got hip-fire kills, at a distance as well?? kinda buff. too buff maybe.

u can see that he gets upgraded "perks" from killstreaks; including faster reload, faster aim, increased bullet dmg. and silent footsteps.

looked kinda fun haha. and it brought back the days of playing KZ2. it feels so cartoony, but still kinda groovy. i DO love the "blip" sound when scoring a kill!!
-------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UJ1pYsoK_c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOvNeLxwmjo

beta hands on (3minutes each).

now that i think about it, who is down to reunite for some universal non-laggy squirrel games once again?!

(see how easy i am!)

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 25/January/2011, 0:34:17 AM | Message # 41
The Clan Elder
classes (all available from the start) and their 2-3 abilities:
marksmen - invisibility / scramble radar
field medic - heal / revive / drone-bot
tactician - capture pre-set spawn points / recon (spot&mark like old sniper) / air-sentry bot
engineer - repair bots, build ammo boxes / sentry gun
infiltrator - disguise / sprint
NOTE: each class has 6 abilities, while most start weak, and get stronger. (see links in later posts for full description)

u also get to choose one extra thingy:
extra health / extra ammo / extra armor / extra primary weapon

general stuff:
8 mp maps
mechs - "instant, brainless, lone wolf gratification at its finest"
jetpacks - "noisy, smokey, thoroughly underpowered" (small gas tank)

modes:
geurilla warfare (tdm)
warzone (multi-objectives; long game)
operations (squad-based mini-objectives with cutaway scenes)

weapons:
5-6 handguns (slow-fast, weak-strong, shotgun style, hand-cannon style, uzi style)
3 ARs (m16-ish / BOps Famas-ish / FAL-ish), (1st two can be silenced)
1 sniper rifle
1 shotgun
2 SMGs (silencers possible)
2 LMGs
1 Gatling gun
2 rocket launchers

shotguns only used by infiltrators
rocket launchers only used by high level tactician and infiltrator

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 25/January/2011, 0:42:15 AM | Message # 42
Lieutenant general
lol Kuzu.

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 25/January/2011, 6:22:08 PM | Message # 43
Major general
NOOOOOO!!!!, why the hell do they have to go out of their way to make this game more accessible? Abilities and perks, wtf!

Kuzu, the STA-14 had a small clip size because it was as good as the sniper rifle, but as stable as the assault rifles. If used correctly that gun could kill someone in one to two hits depending on class.

Nice research by the way!

The guns have stayed pretty much the same since the original Killzone. It wouldn't hurt if the Bolt gun came back, lol. There was one gun in the original that was bad-ass. It was essentially a sniper SMG, lol. It even came equipped with a silencer.

I'm still hating the direction that their taking.

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 25/January/2011, 6:40:06 PM | Message # 44
Lieutenant general
CoD Is infecting everything. Screw all these perks/weapons/etc.

I just wanna shoot people w/ the same gun that don't have any differences from me. The better player will win. That's what I want.

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 25/January/2011, 7:23:29 PM | Message # 45
Our Sexy Leader
Quote (Guzman)
I just wanna shoot people w/ the same gun that don't have any differences from me. The better player will win. That's what I want.

Let's play Halo?

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Killzone » Killzone 3
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024