Friday, 29/March/2024, 1:39:01 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
KuzuDate: Wednesday, 30/September/2009, 11:35:49 PM | Message # 1
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
ill leave the reviews up to you guys, since im not going to research this game to great depths (thus enticing me to get the game...).

i do want to point out this fact though. from the recent official MW2 vid, they show some of the Kill Streaks available. there are 15 possibilities.

now, that may seem like a cool thing, but in fact what it does is makes the game similar to BBC2. for those who complain that BBC2 and all the vehicles give unfair advantages, the exact same thing (or worse) will happen in MW2.

in COD4, there were 3 kill streak unlockables (2 if u dont count the UAV, a radar scan). now there will be 15. this means there will be tons of bombs bursting, helicopter guns blasting, planes screaching overhead, and who knows what else.

earning a UAV in COD4 for a 3kill streak (for a good player) just about ensured an air strike (5kill streak). if ur not a dumb dumb, and use some tactical planning, u would get a few more kills, thus getting the 7kill streak Helicopter support. with this chopper, it lasts several minutes and could give u another handful of kills depending on the game mode or audacity of the enemy.

MW2 is going to be a complete kill-fest. it was already very easy to kill ppl in COD4, and easy to get kill streaks and therefore bonus attacks. having even more options for killing ppl by super-powered auxiliary machines just seems like too much.

------------post edit------------------
wow. i was spot on with my preview of the game!! fo' real tho'!

banion7Date: Tuesday, 01/February/2011, 8:29:50 PM | Message # 166
Colonel
Group: Moderators
Back on mw2 full time now and lovin it LOL. M16 full time too - lots o fun.

Who'd ve thunkit??

Any truth to MW3?

PatrickDate: Monday, 28/February/2011, 6:10:00 AM | Message # 167
Lieutenant
Group: Users
sup guys? been a while since my last visit.

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 28/February/2011, 7:31:13 AM | Message # 168
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
Sup! (^_-)/

banion7Date: Monday, 28/February/2011, 11:41:28 AM | Message # 169
Colonel
sup dude! I think I seen u on Warhawk lately lol - that shit true??

PatrickDate: Monday, 28/February/2011, 9:38:00 PM | Message # 170
Lieutenant
yea. LOL.. trying to get good again, sadly, I always get gangbanged in the air.

duxy87Date: Tuesday, 01/March/2011, 0:57:19 AM | Message # 171
Major general
so u gone back to mw2 ban and loving it? Nice mate.

I just cbf with these games anymore ay... LOL

oh and welcome back D1. You're my man!

banion7Date: Tuesday, 01/March/2011, 1:06:39 AM | Message # 172
Colonel
LOL awesome, Warhawk eh!

GL with your rehabilitation, I turned it on a little while back for a few minutes just to see what it was like and I could tell it was NOT gonna come back super quick.  I could hold my own in the air back in the day, just average on the ground but I was becoming a pretty dominant all round player by the end... 2.0 pus in a Warhawk but only 1.2? cumilative so that tells you about how the ground went for me for a while... lol

Which is wierd I thought, actually, since you'd think something I played so much for so long would be easy to get back in a round or two but that wasnt the case - the controls came back pretty but aiming, tracking in the Warhawk, well that felt like it would need a LOT of time to sort out... On the ground, I used to clear out zones single handedly with the RPG but couldnt aim that for shit either...

One thing that did come back right away was shaking off missles (pro fight from day one), but that's about it. Used to own with the lightning gun but couldnt hit a thing with that or get my homings to hit. Maybe the level is just way higer now?? Dunno, looked pretty nubby to me from what I saw, including myself lol.

PatrickDate: Tuesday, 01/March/2011, 7:30:09 AM | Message # 173
Lieutenant
Dux: lol man.

Ban: yea... Lol... wacko

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 01/March/2011, 12:07:02 PM | Message # 174
Major general
Warhawk is one of the best mulitplayer experiences on the PS3, well it used to be. I went back a few months ago, and I used to rule the ground, could care less about going in the air. Anyway, lately people in Warhawk's just pick single soldiers out, it's ridiculous. You spawn, and then there's some prick in a Warhawk shooting missiles at you. The funniest thing is that sometimes their team is losing, and killing someone who just spawned isn't going to help in anyway. You look like a prick for using a TOW missile on someone with just 3 or 4 grenades, pistol, and a knife, lol.

PatrickDate: Tuesday, 01/March/2011, 10:13:05 PM | Message # 175
Lieutenant
niva: i know man. CTF matches nowadays become TDM. lol. There's this CTF match i played in badlands where im in the losing team, then the enemies capture all the bases then no one in my team could escape the base. There were like 4 enemy tanks roaming around the flag area and blasting everyone they see and jets surrounding the whole map with TOW missiles and cluster bombs. We all got raped and we still won cuz they didnt get the flag. lol. This was a ranked match btw.

banion7Date: Tuesday, 01/March/2011, 10:29:03 PM | Message # 176
Colonel
gyeah, D, that's what is affectionately known as a "Baserape". I don't know much about games but I figure no baserapes can be as tedious or go on for as long as a Warhak CTF one. 30 minutes is it??

I used to live in the official blue servers, ZNS-LG1 or ZNS-LG2. In the big blue server CTFs, all you needed was a couple guys on your team that "ruled on the ground" and couldnt/wouldnt fly, and your pilots would quickly get overwhelmed and the baserape would begin. Gay, I had no time for that oh either end of it.

As a pilot, the only time I could pound nubbers on the ground for any amount of time (more than a few seconds at best, and that is if I actually wanted to -boring as hell in my books) before I had to move was if we d established some kind of air control.

Zones was fast, tactical, and it required skill at all aspects of the game to win and be at the top of the roster at the end. Fun as hell that was, too bad the general community prefered CTF baserape monotony. Thats one of the reasons I have this attitude towards stats. Warhawk is a great game if its played for what it is rather than an exercise in farming easy kils. It was more important to most of the kids to pad their stats than to play the actual game.

Ironically enough, the TDM servers were always empty too...

PatrickDate: Tuesday, 01/March/2011, 11:07:50 PM | Message # 177
Lieutenant
yea.. never really liked zones before because i always get mined when i get a base, lol i suck. I like HERO mode in Closed Corridors tho.

Rarely see TDM's too

BTW what's your rank? Seems so impossible to reach General because of the score requirements.

banion7Date: Tuesday, 01/March/2011, 11:14:45 PM | Message # 178
Colonel
gyeah, General is a long way - I never made it there, I cant remember my rank - maybe Colonel?? Checi out myhawk.com for all stats from the games you play - u can also get a vague overview of anyone whos played by doig a psn ID serch on that site.

oh and if youre worried about mines in a base, charged lightning before you storm in will clear the area out ;-)

Message edited by banion7 - Tuesday, 01/March/2011, 11:18:40 PM

PatrickDate: Tuesday, 01/March/2011, 11:18:51 PM | Message # 179
Lieutenant
Oh ok. What are your other accounts btw?

banion7Date: Wednesday, 02/March/2011, 2:51:07 AM | Message # 180
Colonel
Looks like I imessed arond on chubakka_ a bit - I was involved in a lot of clan stuff and created it so I could play sometimes undercover...

Anyways hope Im not making out like I was total L33t - decent but I was never a top top tier player, there were a few players I couldnt even touch lol

Message edited by banion7 - Wednesday, 02/March/2011, 2:54:33 AM

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024