Thursday, 28/March/2024, 8:59:27 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
KuzuDate: Wednesday, 30/September/2009, 11:35:49 PM | Message # 1
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
ill leave the reviews up to you guys, since im not going to research this game to great depths (thus enticing me to get the game...).

i do want to point out this fact though. from the recent official MW2 vid, they show some of the Kill Streaks available. there are 15 possibilities.

now, that may seem like a cool thing, but in fact what it does is makes the game similar to BBC2. for those who complain that BBC2 and all the vehicles give unfair advantages, the exact same thing (or worse) will happen in MW2.

in COD4, there were 3 kill streak unlockables (2 if u dont count the UAV, a radar scan). now there will be 15. this means there will be tons of bombs bursting, helicopter guns blasting, planes screaching overhead, and who knows what else.

earning a UAV in COD4 for a 3kill streak (for a good player) just about ensured an air strike (5kill streak). if ur not a dumb dumb, and use some tactical planning, u would get a few more kills, thus getting the 7kill streak Helicopter support. with this chopper, it lasts several minutes and could give u another handful of kills depending on the game mode or audacity of the enemy.

MW2 is going to be a complete kill-fest. it was already very easy to kill ppl in COD4, and easy to get kill streaks and therefore bonus attacks. having even more options for killing ppl by super-powered auxiliary machines just seems like too much.

------------post edit------------------
wow. i was spot on with my preview of the game!! fo' real tho'!

KuzuDate: Thursday, 12/November/2009, 10:24:57 PM | Message # 16
The Clan Elder
OK. i am quite pumped up right now. not with excitement, but rather with anger and anxiety.

after reading more reviews on the game, not only positive, i am even more conflicted than ever.

yes, i want the game. (DUH). any fan of FPS would be a fool for thinking the game is not dope. even if one could forgive the poor connection, there is still a GREATER evil that needs to be addressed.

IW (infinity ward) heard everyones complaints from COD4 about the servers. did they try to fix it?
STILL NO DEDICATED SERVERS. SHITTY PEER2PEER.
how did IW reward Europe for purchasing so many games from their franchise?
BOOST THE PRICE BY ~7$
how do they reward PC gamers for their continuing support of the franchise?
MAX 9v9 !
NO MODDING/CUSTOMIZATION which every other COD game has had. why else play the PC version?

when i was madly into COD4, i always trolled the IW site. whenever new announcements were made, it was always the XBox first. whenever ppl had questions about such things as STATS BEING ERASED or UNAVAILABILITY TO PLAY ONLINE, they usually just ignored it or responded weeks later.

if searching for a Green Bar connection doesnt bother u, then maybe u dont care about what i said. but dont forget, they have screwed over the PC community. they have upped the prices in the UK. they have ignored requests to secure stable/dedicated servers.

as someone else put it, think about things from a singer's POV. most musicians know they need to please fans, so that they watch their videos, buy their CDs, and go to concerts. if the person comes across as a fucking prick, or says something racist, or beats their spouse, they will probably lose their fans RESPECT/SUPPORT and , well, $$$. so why dont we do the same for game developers??

by buying the game, we are supporting their shady business-only mentality. they dont care what their fans want. they go ahead and do the OPPOSITE of what ppl want. sure the game is brilliant. but it is worth the price? what will happen next time? will other companies keep raising prices? will dedicated servers be a thing of the past, as a cost-saving maneuver?? i fucking hope not.

ok. i know its just a game. FFS kuzu, shut up. it just bothers me. i really want to get, play, and enjoy the game. its just very hard to swallow all the shit that has been dumped on our (gamers, whether PC/XBox/PS3) heads.

ill probably get it in the end. but i feel really really guilty about supporting those MOFOS.
meh.. im so conflicted!!!

EDIT: yes i bought the game. yes i enjoy it. yes im still furious at the shitty servers.

banion7Date: Friday, 13/November/2009, 3:32:29 AM | Message # 17
Colonel
Group: Moderators
The Beast known as Sony, and Naughty Dog say MW2 is the the shizzle fizzle, trust me on that you feel me dog you feel me?

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 20/November/2009, 7:26:31 PM | Message # 18
Our Sexy Leader

GuzmanDate: Saturday, 21/November/2009, 3:43:05 AM | Message # 19
Lieutenant general
LOL.

He's Right, Right?

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 24/November/2009, 9:48:16 AM | Message # 20
Our Sexy Leader
Excellent information in play + commentary form here.

Funny.

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 24/November/2009, 8:44:55 PM | Message # 21
Lieutenant general
That Actually Looked Pretty Fun... & I Didnt Notice Any Connection Issues.

& The "Funny" Vid Was Cool. I Dunno If I'd Personally Go To The Trouble, but It Was Sweet Nonetheless.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 25/November/2009, 7:01:32 PM | Message # 22
The Clan Elder
dont know why, but im so addicted to this game.
yet it frustrates me to no end that i cannot kill someone that i have the drop on (on replay, it shows me only getting off 1-2 bullets..)
ive just been trying to unlock most of the pro perks and various weapon challenges.

banion7Date: Wednesday, 25/November/2009, 7:51:13 PM | Message # 23
Colonel
(Funny) was good, poor guy. But I still think in that situation, a shotty is better than a knife LOL.

Kuzu, what about that Cold Blooded Pro challenge... ?? What was it, 40 kills of enemy Killstreaks? (O_o) does that mean shooting down planes and helis with like a rocket launcher? I saw a vid by that wingsofredemption guy shooting down a bunch on Afghan, but in ffa I don't know how doable that is...

Anyone got that one unlocked yet?

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 25/November/2009, 8:31:59 PM | Message # 24
Our Sexy Leader
Quote (banion7)
Anyone got that one unlocked yet?

I'm trying to get it unlocked right now as well. I think it's what you said--gotta shoot down planes & helis. If you are not totally dominating the FFA's, it's very doable, imo. Recently, my helis have been getting shot down left & right.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 25/November/2009, 10:03:42 PM | Message # 25
The Clan Elder
can be anything killstreak related:
turrets, UAVs, choppers, harriers, AC (but they have flares.. so u wont hit) etc. doesnt have to be rockets, but they are obviously the fastest way. knifing turrets from behind is Ez. i usually switch class when the nme gets anything that hovers.

im about 25/40 still...

finally got lightweight pro. but i thought it was faster knifing, not quick aim after sprint. <-- disappointed

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 25/November/2009, 10:21:15 PM | Message # 26
Our Sexy Leader
Faster knifing is Commando, as well as extended range. Commando Pro makes it so that you don't take damage when you fall/jump from high places.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 25/November/2009, 10:58:59 PM | Message # 27
The Clan Elder
i thought commando was longer knifing distance only. ive barely got any knife kills using the perk.
ive seen some glitch videos (invisible elevators) and the guy drops 50 feet, but doesnt die.
it might be part of the glitch, or does commando Pro let u survive otherwise fatal drops?

i read what u said red (lol?) but is it completely no damage or just less damage?

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 26/November/2009, 1:08:17 AM | Message # 28
Our Sexy Leader
Whoops. My bad. Knife speed is 'Tactical Knife' (I can't remember how many kills I needed to get for the USP.45, but the Revolver was 100 before I could use TK with it). Add that to your Commando increased distance & let the fun times roll!

The description of Commando Pro is that you take NO damage. I haven't tested it out myself yet. I'll try to remember to jump off the top of Rust the next time I log in & I'll let you know the results.

Also, for those that are into FFA, I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I searched for a game and got Karachi. Prior to today (even last night), FFA had been limited to Afghan, Estate, Favela, Highrise, Rust, Scrapyard & Terminal. I'm not sure if all the maps are in rotation now or not, but I'd think (hope?) that the huge ones stay out. In the limited time I played this morning, I was able to play on Karachi, Quarry & Rundown. The lobby had gone to Sub Base, but everyone left.

duxy87Date: Thursday, 26/November/2009, 6:12:33 AM | Message # 29
Major general
red i tried it and u can jump off any distance and not get hurt/die. I tried it jumping off the lookout point in the quarry. It's pretty sweet, especially if u wana get the 'jump' on someone.. haha

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 26/November/2009, 1:08:20 PM | Message # 30
Our Sexy Leader
duxy: Thanks for testing. (^_-)b I would have tried in-game, but whenever I'm in Commando mode I'm down in the muck knifing the shit out of people.

To all of those that are using burst fire, slow iron sights and/or sniper rifles,

PP2000 (or TMP if you've got it released) is your best friend. Use it as your travel weapon, as 'Wings' suggested in one of his vids. Spot on advice.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024