Thursday, 25/April/2024, 11:02:46 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
KuzuDate: Wednesday, 30/September/2009, 11:35:49 PM | Message # 1
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
ill leave the reviews up to you guys, since im not going to research this game to great depths (thus enticing me to get the game...).

i do want to point out this fact though. from the recent official MW2 vid, they show some of the Kill Streaks available. there are 15 possibilities.

now, that may seem like a cool thing, but in fact what it does is makes the game similar to BBC2. for those who complain that BBC2 and all the vehicles give unfair advantages, the exact same thing (or worse) will happen in MW2.

in COD4, there were 3 kill streak unlockables (2 if u dont count the UAV, a radar scan). now there will be 15. this means there will be tons of bombs bursting, helicopter guns blasting, planes screaching overhead, and who knows what else.

earning a UAV in COD4 for a 3kill streak (for a good player) just about ensured an air strike (5kill streak). if ur not a dumb dumb, and use some tactical planning, u would get a few more kills, thus getting the 7kill streak Helicopter support. with this chopper, it lasts several minutes and could give u another handful of kills depending on the game mode or audacity of the enemy.

MW2 is going to be a complete kill-fest. it was already very easy to kill ppl in COD4, and easy to get kill streaks and therefore bonus attacks. having even more options for killing ppl by super-powered auxiliary machines just seems like too much.

------------post edit------------------
wow. i was spot on with my preview of the game!! fo' real tho'!

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 30/September/2009, 11:43:41 PM | Message # 2
The Clan Elder
i do think it will be a very fun, very competitive, and very complete game. COD4 had tons of guns, tons of variation (perks/weapon skins/prestige/etc), tons of game modes (FFA/DM/Obj/hardcore/etc). there were very few things to complain about in terms of the quality of the GAME, MECHANICS, and the like.

the non-dedicated, PEER connected servers can go to hell though!

nivasan6Date: Friday, 02/October/2009, 10:24:24 AM | Message # 3
Major general
Group: Moderators
I still think that the CoD series is for nubs, it doesn't take skill at all. My stats suck, but they used to be really good, until I realized that the game is shit. I still think that Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is going to be better than Battlefield and CoD.

KuzuDate: Saturday, 03/October/2009, 8:51:39 PM | Message # 4
The Clan Elder
i agree, in that it is very much a up-close, run/gun game. i wouldnt go so far as to call it nubish. rocket launchers are worthless in that game (thank god). noob toobs are still used, but not abused as much as in other games (R1/2, KZ2 for ex:)
also, although it is very easy to kill, it is also just as easy to die. i think what makes it a little too easy, is the UAV + air strikes + chopper. a good player just gets rewarded over and over with those bonuses, which makes it unfair.

tell us/me more about operation flashpoint? never heard of it.

nivasan6Date: Monday, 05/October/2009, 4:41:17 PM | Message # 5
Major general
I don't think that anyone else in the clan besides me would be interested in Operation Flashpoint. It's a "realistic" FPS, that is really slow and full of tactics. I think the in the multiplayer it's a one-hit kill, or it's similar to COD's hardcore mode (no hud, and increased damage). The single-player which can also be played as online co-op is a sandbox type. The player basically creates the single-player campaign. There are tons of weapons and vehicles all are modeled from real weapons and vehicles. The game takes place on a huge island called "Skira", there is also a full day-night cycle. Check IGN for more information, I don't know much about it either, as it's not high on my list. My main games I want this years are Uncharted 2 and the God of War collection

AlucardDate: Wednesday, 07/October/2009, 3:09:21 PM | Message # 6
Colonel
Quote (Kuzu)
the non-dedicated, PEER connected servers can go to hell though!

i second this

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 10/November/2009, 8:56:45 PM | Message # 7
Lieutenant general
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-modern-warfare/58370

So, Does Anyone Have This Yet? (Well, I Saw Duxy & Spearer Playing...)

Online? Cool? Lame? Issues?

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 10/November/2009, 10:35:05 PM | Message # 8
The Clan Elder
there were 8 of us online last night. i forget who had the game exactly.
sandmanx13 has it
mochachocahottie aka hollywood aka something else (starting with B?) has it
M-air-J has it
duxy has it
spearer has it

seemed the lag was pretty horrendous. i want to hear more details myself.

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 11/November/2009, 3:55:45 AM | Message # 9
Lieutenant general
I Dont Really Get Whats up With The Kill Streak Deal Myself. I Saw A Vid Where The Guy Keeps Upping His Streak, (Using The Bonuses "Bestowed" Upon Him)

Anyway, @ ~11 Kills He Gets To Enter A Gunship, Where He Proceeds To Lay Waste To The Guys That Are, Ya Know, Are Still On The Ground. He Quickly Hits 25K Streak, & He Gets To Fire A "Tactical Nuke" Ending The Game. .......Okay?

Like You Were Saying Kuzu, The Streak Bonuses Help Push You To The Next Level. But Wow, That Gunship Thing Was Beyond Ridiculous.

Message edited by Guzman - Wednesday, 11/November/2009, 3:56:01 AM

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 11/November/2009, 10:01:29 AM | Message # 10
Our Sexy Leader
Gunship, huh? Hmm... ?

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 11/November/2009, 5:14:09 PM | Message # 11
Lieutenant general
LOL. Maybe I'm Not Getting It, So:

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/modern-warfare-2-legit-nuke/334357?playlist=featured

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 11/November/2009, 6:56:05 PM | Message # 12
Our Sexy Leader
Hmm... I feel like if people see that some guy's gonna get a 25 kill streak, it's quitting time! I'd hope not, but stat-kids would probably be out at the "Gunship". Even in COD4, I've always felt that Killstreak perks shouldn't count towards Killstreak perks. Killstreak perks should only come from gun/nade/melee kills, IMO.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 11/November/2009, 10:06:53 PM | Message # 13
The Clan Elder
agree.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 11/November/2009, 11:03:41 PM | Message # 14
The Clan Elder
heres the thing.

there were no penalties for quitting out of games.
ppl go in and out of games without thinking twice.
if there is stiff competition, ppl just up and leave.
and ya, once someone reaches a certain streak and unlocks "the big ones", the other team knows they are in trouble...
will they stay for the rest of the game? doubt it.

lots of pussies in COD4. cant imagine things are gonna change for MW2.

AlucardDate: Thursday, 12/November/2009, 8:37:35 PM | Message # 15
Colonel
i dont use my helicopter until i die and respawn happy

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024