[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Battlefield 3 - Page 3 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Battlefield » Battlefield 3
Battlefield 3
KuzuDate: Monday, 13/June/2011, 11:42:21 PM | Message # 31
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators

not great quality, but u can get a sense of the flow for the beta. from E3.

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 14/June/2011, 1:29:34 PM | Message # 32
Major general
Group: Moderators
Kuzu, nice work on the posting the videos. I myself have seen all of these, but for those who haven't, they are great videos. I saw the tank gameplay being demoed at E3, and I was blown away. I'm a sucker for tanks, and I appreciate good tank games/segments.

I'm still not sure whether or not I'll get this on PC or PS3. I guess I have to wait until a public beta goes live for the PC to see if my computer can handle it at high settings.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 14/June/2011, 11:50:57 PM | Message # 33
The Clan Elder

this is BFBC2, actually from WindsofRedemption. but i wanted to show u guys this clip to hopefully convince you that there is plenty of killing to be had in these games, using just guns. there is often alot of action all at once because players spawn on each other. in this case hes doing what he does in most games anyway (COD), which is keep a low-profile, patrol his area, and murder anyone nearby. makes me wanna get back in the action.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 14/June/2011, 11:56:09 PM | Message # 34
The Clan Elder
niva: i would try to convince u to get the PS3 version, but even if u did, its highly improbable that we will even play at the same times. still, i vote for u to get the PS3 one. ^_~

besides alu (who i never saw online when i played regularly also) i dont know who is thinking of picking this game up among us squirrels. duxy wanna give it a try? red/ban are too juiced up on COD i think, though i can understand that, its just disappointing. i think guz is not gonna touch it either.

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 15/June/2011, 1:24:14 PM | Message # 35
Major general
Kuzu, I should be seeing you more often later this year, as all my classes are in the night. I usually saw you online when it's around 10am here. So far, I'm leaning towards the PS3 version just so I can kick ass with the jets and helicopters. If I get it for PC, I won't be able to pilot any of those without a joystick. I tried in BF2, and it was a pain to maneuver those aircrafts without one. I'll probably get the PS3 version.

Kuzu, from what I can tell I know for a fact that us two will be getting it, and I talked to Guz before and he's not interested because there are vehicles in it. But, Guz is interested in Twisted Metal, so that could be another game that the clan can pickup. Twisted Metal has always been a great series, and the new one looks no different. Plus, it's by David Jaffe!

GuzmanDate: Thursday, 16/June/2011, 0:19:17 AM | Message # 36
Lieutenant general
The main issue at this point is that there are simply too many online titles coming out at that period. MW3 & BF3 are among the first casualties for me.

& Niv, I wouldn't say that I innately hate vehicles in games!

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 16/June/2011, 1:43:45 PM | Message # 37
Major general
Guz, correct me if I'm wrong, but I asked you on the team chat if you're getting BF3, and I remember your response being somewhere along the line of; you're not getting it because you don't really like vehicles in fps games. Not trying to start an argument here, but I was simply recalling what I remember from that discussion we had awhile ago about what games we were planning on getting.

GuzmanDate: Friday, 17/June/2011, 9:44:40 PM | Message # 38
Lieutenant general
I said something along those lines yeah, & while it might've come off as my sole reasoning for passing up the game, it really isn't. If there's a online game I thoroughly enjoy, but has vehicles, I definitely wouldn't pass it up simply for that reason. Though it can depend on how integral vehicle combat is to the game, & it's very much a part of BF. Being under tank siege is something I honestly don't like dealing w/, & it becomes worse when you have to rely on TMs to handle it when you're not sporting a class that can address the problem. It's frustrating & annoying IMO.

But for a game like Twisted Metal, where everyone is on equal ground, I'm totally cool w/ that. So it's not even really the vehicles.. IDK.

Message edited by Guzman - Friday, 17/June/2011, 9:48:17 PM

nivasan6Date: Friday, 17/June/2011, 10:02:50 PM | Message # 39
Major general
Tanks are the best vehicle in any game, imo. I love rolling around in them and securing perimeters and protecting bases with them. I remember going 32-0 in Warhawk while staying in a tank the whole game. I think I shot down about 10 Warhawks without leaving the tank. A friend of mine from [BSK], and I were commanding the battlefield that match. He was commanding the air while I got the ground, and we annihilated the other team, lol.

Anyway, yea, Twisted Metal is all about the vehicles and weapons. I still think it would be a great game for the clan to get. Since David Jaffe is creating this one, I'm sure he'll implement a feature so that people can just play with their buddies, or set up private matches. In that case it would be great to get a Deathmatch going in a private squirrel battle! I can just imagine the trash talking and maybe some crying too, lol.

KuzuDate: Sunday, 19/June/2011, 8:02:22 PM | Message # 40
The Clan Elder
Guz: i get exactly what u are saying about vehicles & teamwork. i know im a broken record but i dont care. i think BF is much better than COD games, but ONLY if you have a team. as u said, without a team, going up against ppl who have tanks/choppers just isnt fun. the reason i got discouraged is because that was happening, and even when i solicited myself on Hupit, i got very few friends who played at the same time. so dying from vehicles, without a team that knows what to do and forcing u to spawn at base every time, is every bit as frustrating as dying from stupid lag. u really have no control over either one.

that is why im pushing u guys (fruitlessly) to get this game. IF a handful of us had it, then there wouldnt be the issue of *not having teammates to support u. WHEN u do have teammates who can support each other, i find the game 10x more enjoyable than getting attack dogs & 25 kill streak on COD. its personal glory vs coordinated, team-oriented glory. but again, u need a team. i would say, with even 3 ppl, u could have fun, play cooperatively, and get things done in BF. without that, u get reamed.

GuzmanDate: Monday, 20/June/2011, 3:02:45 AM | Message # 41
Lieutenant general
I think the timezone difference is the biggest issue, even if we all got in on the same game... I do understand your desire to do the whole team thing though, I do. I just honestly don't know how feasible it'd be. We'd all have to make a commitment to play together, strategize, & plan. At that point, it would be taking a step up from just casually playing IMO. We would probably really need to make an effort to recruit, too. (Not trying to be a downer or anthing, just giving my POV.)

What else is on your radar Kuz, other than BF3?

...You guys wanna play some League of Legends w/ me? That's a very 'teamy' game Kuz.

Message edited by Guzman - Monday, 20/June/2011, 3:19:59 AM

nivasan6Date: Monday, 20/June/2011, 1:22:39 PM | Message # 42
Major general
This could end up making my decision for me as to which version I will be getting:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1177168p1.html

I need 60fps, and I know that DICE can make the PS3 version run at 60 while giving us 64 players and having all the vehicles and destruction. It would still look great, and it would also look better than the 360 version as well. I hate how developers are slowing the PS3 down just so it is comparable with the 360 version.

IMO, yes, you do "need" a good team in Battlefield, but communication can and will make up for lack of talent, or a team. I've played many team based games, and some of them rely more on teamwork than Battlefield. Communication can win games for you regardless of the other team's teamwork. I know for a fact that it does because that's how I win a lot of games with randoms in Team Fortress 2, MAG, Killzone 2 & 3, Battlefield 2, etc... Having a good team would help, but even with a good team and with poor or lack of communication, the match is lost. Helping people new to the game, or directing people without being a jerk is really helpful. I won about 98% of my games when I was some sort of leader in MAG, due to me directing people and helping them out. Even if your team is getting base raped, helping others out and teaching them is worth it.

KuzuDate: Monday, 20/June/2011, 8:11:32 PM | Message # 43
The Clan Elder
Niva: i get what ur saying about mics too. when i use them even just a little bit, i talk to others and it makes the game a lot more fun and productive, not to mention personal. even 2 guys with mics on the same squad really helps out and makes the game more "alive". that is another thing we are really lacking. communication.

Quote (Guzman)
I do understand your desire to do the whole team thing though, I do. I just honestly don't know how feasible it'd be. We'd all have to make a commitment to play together, strategize, & plan. At that point, it would be taking a step up from just casually playing IMO.

its not as deep or complicated as u are making it out to be. if we are partied and playing in the same game, basically its been like this: squirrel A goes left, squirrel B goes straight, squirrel C goes right, and squirrel D follows one of those 3. we party up but we dont roll together. we dont normally give backup because, well, in COD a single player can handle themselves just fine. going solo flanking is not only fun, but also can be very effective of course too. so what im saying is even in parties, we still play "solo". its not that i expect us to huddle up and make teamplays beforehand, carry each other on our backs, and hold each others hand. but what would be fun, and what we dont do, is just play together. if its an objective game, we push together, albeit with different positions/abilities. but we aim for the same thing.

in BF, there is no deep/complicated strategy needed. u have 2 choices of where to spawn: either at your base, miles behind the action, or on a teammate who is alive. obviously u want to go on the teammate, unless he is under fire. so by playing in a small party, even of 3-4, we can maximize effectiveness. the only strategy needed is to stay alive when ur the last man in your squad, so others can respawn on you. other than that, u can have fun doing whatever u like. that is basically the extent of "teamwork" or "strategy" that im expecting/looking for. oh well also giving ammo, repairs, or health boxes if needed.

i guess im getting very disappointed that we cant even play a single game together, in a party no less, and somehow work together without just going solo and forgetting all semblance of the team spirit. COD in a sense, is a very easy game. very easy in that, a person with a shitty team can still pick up kills, giving good streaks, giving more kills and support for the team. a solo person doesnt necessarily need backup all the time. so we often forget that a team is even required. i know this from experience, since i was often very selfish when playing COD. but i dont like that concept. u guys never want to give BF a try, that is fine, but that is where my hope lies. if i dont get that team play from squirrels, ill get it from GaijinGamers instead then. i know a lot of them are getting the game, they always play together, they always use mics, and they always have fun. i just wish we could do the same thing....

so its not that i need S.W.A.T.-like coordinated strategy with constant verbal confirmation on the battlefield, but i want more than just running around aimlessly as if we were completely solo.

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 21/June/2011, 1:40:55 AM | Message # 44
Lieutenant general
Quote (Kuzu)
its not as deep or complicated as u are making it out to be.

You're right, & I'm sorry for making it sound like that. Depending on the game & situation though, it might require heightened knowledge of the game, such as callouts.

Though, I'm getting the feeling that you'd only be looking for this in a setting like BF3, & not CoD, simply due to the inherent nature of the game. Are you gonna drop games like CoD?

Message edited by Guzman - Tuesday, 21/June/2011, 1:41:22 AM

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 21/June/2011, 2:34:24 AM | Message # 45
The Clan Elder
once again (3rd times a charm!) im trying to force myself not to get interested or fall for the hype of COD. i think this time ill have a stronger case and willpower. ive been disappointed with the last few FPS ive had, for various reasons we all know about.

so yah, probably just sticking with BF3 only.

btw, even callouts are not necessary really. again, just "presence of mind" is enough: stay alive if ur the last in your squad, dont rush in the middle of the map, and give minor assistance (ammo, health, repair, motion sensor) when requested.

btw2, just pressing the select button does several things; it marks enemy players with an orange triangle, it calls out "enemy infantry/tank/etc", thus "spotting" opponents on mini-map and actual player view. on top of that, u can use it to ask for a ride in a vehicle, get ammo refills, direct an attack on the target location, etc. when u do this, a voice command comes from your player, so its really quite cool and effective. things like this, while seemingly minor, are a very big reason why the game is more fun for me. u are calling out commands with an audible voice to your teammates so communication is taking place even without the use of a mic. its just awesome sauce dude.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Battlefield » Battlefield 3
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024