Friday, 19/April/2024, 1:46:51 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
KuzuDate: Wednesday, 30/September/2009, 11:35:49 PM | Message # 1
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
ill leave the reviews up to you guys, since im not going to research this game to great depths (thus enticing me to get the game...).

i do want to point out this fact though. from the recent official MW2 vid, they show some of the Kill Streaks available. there are 15 possibilities.

now, that may seem like a cool thing, but in fact what it does is makes the game similar to BBC2. for those who complain that BBC2 and all the vehicles give unfair advantages, the exact same thing (or worse) will happen in MW2.

in COD4, there were 3 kill streak unlockables (2 if u dont count the UAV, a radar scan). now there will be 15. this means there will be tons of bombs bursting, helicopter guns blasting, planes screaching overhead, and who knows what else.

earning a UAV in COD4 for a 3kill streak (for a good player) just about ensured an air strike (5kill streak). if ur not a dumb dumb, and use some tactical planning, u would get a few more kills, thus getting the 7kill streak Helicopter support. with this chopper, it lasts several minutes and could give u another handful of kills depending on the game mode or audacity of the enemy.

MW2 is going to be a complete kill-fest. it was already very easy to kill ppl in COD4, and easy to get kill streaks and therefore bonus attacks. having even more options for killing ppl by super-powered auxiliary machines just seems like too much.

------------post edit------------------
wow. i was spot on with my preview of the game!! fo' real tho'!

banion7Date: Thursday, 26/November/2009, 8:12:41 PM | Message # 31
Colonel
Group: Moderators
Commando eh... I am always so late with the knife - such a waste dying in so many of those situations where a knife wouldve ended it.

The new maps are meesing me up, it's going to take a while to learn them and until then, I'm first class noob again. I am using the M16/PP2000 combo more and more, my only gripe is the clip on the PP2000 - it's so small and if there is another guy who shows up quick, just a fraction more would help is what I thought. M16/PP2000 worked well on that huge grassy map, PP2000 inside the trenches and that cluster fuck multi entrance/exit middle bunker.

I've been using Cold Blooded and Ninja a lot, but other guys using ninja are my Kryptonite. I like the fact that I can concentrate on finding guys running for cover when sombody's Harrier Strike comes out, but hmm.. Guess there is a need to play more stealthy if that's the set-up you decide to run.

KuzuDate: Thursday, 26/November/2009, 10:05:08 PM | Message # 32
The Clan Elder
when i played a few games of FFA (find fuckers ASAP), everybody just goes hiding. im not sure how to take it.
ive been trying to be more strategic in team modes, but i dont think i like FFA still. ppl go in tiny corners, wait for someone to creep by, then blast them. of course, u could spend ur time creeping as stealthily as u can (even with cold blood + ninja) but its basically an easter egg hunt.

i still prefer team games since u can mix n match tactical with run n gun. FFA is completely opposite to what Resistance 1 and especially 2 are: straight up fire-fights.

banion7Date: Thursday, 26/November/2009, 10:53:17 PM | Message # 33
Colonel
FFA = Find Fuckers Asap LOL!

So true... I never played Death Match on Warhawk becuse of that reason, it was just find guys and shoot them and die off random nade, wash and repeat, no tactical or meaningful objective...

In MW2, I like FFA because after a while I got an idea of where they hide, where they go, and what they like to do and I counter it. I have my strong areas/zones of each map that I know and I can control the game from there sometimes.

I mostly just haul around and mow 'em down when things are going my way, doesn"t work so well when you have yellow bars and there's someone else with the same thing in mind. The sounds are so important - you can usually tell where they are without UAV or anything just from their footsteps.

Hurts though, when you don't know the maps. Gotta learn the maps. Hate learning maps. Brain is so slow...

GuzmanDate: Friday, 27/November/2009, 1:57:50 AM | Message # 34
Lieutenant general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
PP2000 (or TMP if you've got it released) is your best friend. Use it as your travel weapon, as 'Wings' suggested in one of his vids. Spot on advice.

I Was Watching Some Of That Guys Vids... He Likes Being Good, Eh?

Quote (banion7)
Hurts though, when you don't know the maps. Gotta learn the maps. Hate learning maps. Brain is so slow...

LOL. It IS Tedious Though Man; It's Understandable.

Message edited by Guzman - Friday, 27/November/2009, 2:01:50 AM

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 27/November/2009, 7:02:36 AM | Message # 35
Our Sexy Leader
Quote (Kuzu)
u could spend ur time creeping as stealthily as u can

Rarely do I creep, yet I seem to do pretty well. Something is amiss...

Either way, let's think of the pros to playing FFA.

• Lots of chances to engage the enemy, as all of them are your enemies.
  • Less camping, as there are no teammates to cover your back.
  • More R & G (see above).
  • Potentially more pure weapon usage time.
  • Creating your own chances to engage the enemy, not needing an objective to attract them.

Quote (Kuzu)
FFA is completely opposite to what Resistance 1 and especially 2 are: straight up fire-fights.

RFoM I'll give you, but I don't know about R2. Analyzing that game is like analyzing a piece of shit. Who wants to do that? Even if you did, in the end it'd still be a piece of shit.

AlucardDate: Friday, 27/November/2009, 12:21:19 PM | Message # 36
Colonel
agreed. r2 is a piece of shit game!

so i got the game and beat it on veteran already....played about 45 mins of online and managed to go even most of the time. got a 8 kill streak on my second game! im loving the option to put silencers on all the SKILLGUN!'s lol

KuzuDate: Friday, 27/November/2009, 9:54:00 PM | Message # 37
The Clan Elder
frucking alucard...

tore my asshole apart with the silent shotty.. him on red bar me on 4 green. wtf..
gg brotha man!

red. not dissing FFA. i know it takes skill and every mode is diff. im just not into it right now. i will keep trying various modes though. thats what makes this game fun.. all the frikkin variation!

in fact, the way i play most TDM or DOM etc is to assume my teammates are shit or not alive, and just go flanking by myself. i use them as bait and go the opposite way. so in a sense, im playing FFA by myself yet with the security of knowing 1/2 the guys wont kill me. heh

AlucardDate: Saturday, 28/November/2009, 3:50:22 PM | Message # 38
Colonel
lol yeh sorry dude happy

i just kept shooting ahead of time and it worked!

banion7Date: Saturday, 28/November/2009, 7:19:02 PM | Message # 39
Colonel
Sometimes I don't get the green/yellow/red bar thing...

Last night playing on a buddy's account I won Scrapyard on straight up red bar, everyone else full green, 30-5 or something like that. Knife worked fine.

It's been the other way around where I had full green and eveyone else yellow or red and they always seemed to win even when I thought I had the jump. Sometimes yellow is awful and sometimes it feels fine. What's up with that??

(Red, if you say "Learn how to aim nub" or something like that, I'm making poopy in your slippers.)

KuzuDate: Sunday, 29/November/2009, 0:39:06 AM | Message # 40
The Clan Elder
Quote (banion7)
(Red, if you say "Learn how to aim nub" or something like that, I'm making poopy in your slippers.)

banion: +1

KuzuDate: Sunday, 29/November/2009, 0:41:22 AM | Message # 41
The Clan Elder
ban: i feel u on the connection thang too. i dont get it.
although i do know that when i have red, i cant hit a player, standing picking his nose, without him turning around and killing me first. though when i party up with squirrels or whoever and they have red/yellow, they still do fine and end up with 2.0 KDR.

GuzmanDate: Monday, 30/November/2009, 12:54:18 PM | Message # 42
Lieutenant general
So, How Many Nukes Have You Guys Unleashed?

KuzuDate: Monday, 30/November/2009, 6:58:36 PM | Message # 43
The Clan Elder
none...
its kinda a waste of a streak, but if i ever get good ill try it out some time i guess.
my streak is only at 13. i r sad. u need 25 for nuke.

though ive been nuked a few times. i actually think the EMP has more 'scary' impact than the nuke.

KuzuDate: Monday, 30/November/2009, 10:35:27 PM | Message # 44
The Clan Elder
Quote (Guzman)
Excellent information in play + commentary form here.

Funny.

funny was LOL!
commentary dude was camping for 1/2 the game behind that one jeep...
i like his analogies on getting the enemy frustrated. true, it is.

KuzuDate: Monday, 30/November/2009, 10:37:21 PM | Message # 45
The Clan Elder

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024