Tuesday, 23/April/2024, 10:35:02 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
KuzuDate: Wednesday, 30/September/2009, 11:35:49 PM | Message # 1
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
ill leave the reviews up to you guys, since im not going to research this game to great depths (thus enticing me to get the game...).

i do want to point out this fact though. from the recent official MW2 vid, they show some of the Kill Streaks available. there are 15 possibilities.

now, that may seem like a cool thing, but in fact what it does is makes the game similar to BBC2. for those who complain that BBC2 and all the vehicles give unfair advantages, the exact same thing (or worse) will happen in MW2.

in COD4, there were 3 kill streak unlockables (2 if u dont count the UAV, a radar scan). now there will be 15. this means there will be tons of bombs bursting, helicopter guns blasting, planes screaching overhead, and who knows what else.

earning a UAV in COD4 for a 3kill streak (for a good player) just about ensured an air strike (5kill streak). if ur not a dumb dumb, and use some tactical planning, u would get a few more kills, thus getting the 7kill streak Helicopter support. with this chopper, it lasts several minutes and could give u another handful of kills depending on the game mode or audacity of the enemy.

MW2 is going to be a complete kill-fest. it was already very easy to kill ppl in COD4, and easy to get kill streaks and therefore bonus attacks. having even more options for killing ppl by super-powered auxiliary machines just seems like too much.

------------post edit------------------
wow. i was spot on with my preview of the game!! fo' real tho'!

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 02/December/2009, 0:16:59 AM | Message # 46
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
Quote (Kuzu)
none...
its kinda a waste of a streak, but if i ever get good ill try it out some time i guess.
my streak is only at 13. i r sad. u need 25 for nuke.

though ive been nuked a few times. i actually think the EMP has more 'scary' impact than the nuke.

Oh, So Nuke Must Be Equipped? I Kinda Figured You Could Just Activate As Soon As You Hit 25K Streak.

EMP Knocks Out Everything Yeah? Radar/Heartbeat Sensors/Etc? & @ 15K Streak? I Agree With You Kuzu, The Only Downside Is (Personally) I'd Probably Become Too Sure Of Myself...

It Seems To Me, If A 25K Streak Is Attainable, That Victory Is Probably In Grasp Anyway. Like The Whole Purpose of The Nuke Is To Show Everyone: "Look, I Went 25-0"

Oh, & I Meant To Ask, On MW2 Title Screen/Main MP Screen, It Tells Your NAT Right?

Message edited by Guzman - Wednesday, 02/December/2009, 0:36:54 AM

duxy87Date: Wednesday, 02/December/2009, 12:06:19 PM | Message # 47
Major general
yeah guz it detects how strick ur NAT type is and has it listed on main screen. Just to clarify on the whole red-yellow-green bar thing; I have had games where i'm red and i absolutely dominate. I classify that as good lag. However i do get games where i have green bars and i figure the opponent gets good lag. But as a general, i only tell if i get good lag or bad lag when i kill someone or get killed.. haha

Regarding to killstreaks - . Dont think i'll ever get to the stage of nuking others, though i've only been nuked once. I have gotten pavelow few times i get lucky being at right place at the right time. recently i've equipped care package, harrier and pavelow. i've gotten harrier pleanty of times but cunts keep blowing them up cause they're so easy to destroy.

EMP is prob most useful in objective based games i would say or if u wana counter enemy killstreaks etc. But you do feel naked if it's used against you haha

banion7Date: Wednesday, 02/December/2009, 8:37:31 PM | Message # 48
Colonel
Quote (duxy87)
i've gotten harrier pleanty of times but cunts keep blowing them up cause they're so easy to destroy.

Yeah, last night was just one of those kind of nights, but "cunts", stupid cunts! kept blowing up my Harriers when I got them up. I spent so much time trying to find a decent game - yellow bars every time, which is alright sometimes, but I had to get killed a few times before I could tell it was "bad lag", get out, go in, die a couple times, this over and over. Annoying. On the positive side, once I did get going on green bars I got lots of practice in with that awesome Ranger gun and that kinda made up for the limp d**k Harriers LOL.

Haven't been nuked yet, but yes, I think EMP is spooky.

KuzuDate: Thursday, 03/December/2009, 7:01:01 PM | Message # 49
The Clan Elder
had a good (lucky) night. my harriers were not getting shot down. i got several unassisted chopper gunners (meaning i didnt have to "assist" my harrier since it got all 4 kills). was very pleased!

banion7Date: Friday, 04/December/2009, 6:13:19 PM | Message # 50
Colonel
So gg's, lots of fun /w duxy, MJ red and kuzu the past few nights, partying up and doing the team stuff was fun! Managed to take my KDR down from 1.25 to 1.22 in two days, but I suppose fun outweighs KDR in the end and in the end, nobody really cares about it other than me so I suppose I can let it slide...lol

Think I need to rock a different set up from FFA for those team games, I never got to my killstreaks at all hardly (Predator is first perk) and the ACR was ok, but I lost so many battles... Maybe go back to UMP maybe hmmmm. but wanna keep those Rangers going!

TDM though! Hard to get a feel for where those fuckers are gonna be... I pretty much understand you can't go near those zones in Dom now hahaha angry I think one big difference from FFA is fuckers use nades a lot more effectively in those team games.

kuzu what do you think of that acu(numbers) guy we played with last night? He's just an 18 year old kid I found out, but he seemed pretty solid, even tempered, a well balanced guy was the impression I got from chatting with him. He's a run and gunner, actually, funny thing is, I get the sneaking suspicion that that guy I Rangered out of the air in Flavela that I wrote about in AWESOME was actually, him!

KuzuDate: Friday, 04/December/2009, 8:03:40 PM | Message # 51
The Clan Elder
ban: duh hes good. and hey, ur japanese is good. yeh he was still posting 2.0 when u n i were doin mediocre (or neg..). run/gun u say eh? he spent the whole night sniping lol. but sniping is hrd this time around. i tried doing some 'quick scoping' and i really just cant do it. i need to have a lesson from redhamster or something. if i go low sensitivity (which im usually at 2-3) i cant seem to find the target when i 'snap to target'. if i go higher, u have better movement of sight and turning but i feel its too jumpy and i cant smootly stop on an enemy.

had a pretty mediocre, no, very, mediocre night. only got 11 KS once in like 5 hours... omg. sad. switched to AC130 (since ive been watching the hell out of wingsofredemptions vids; that guy is good and i like his commentary). but i only got a handful of kills with it. but map may have been a afactor (terminal) and they were all nestled deep inside. i shuld have taken his advice and waited for them to be group killed or start spawning outside before unleashing the angel of death.

omg im so tired though. stayed up till 7 (acu stayed up pretty damn late as well) got up at 10. i think he is the type of dood who can rock with any weapon or setup. i envy those players.

i am so addicted to this game, and i know the secret to success yet i still play so 'mediocrely' as dumb bush might have put it. the secret is patience.. dont rush out. yet what do i do?

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 05/December/2009, 5:38:32 PM | Message # 52
Our Sexy Leader
I always forget to change my Killstreaks when I go from team to FFA. Got the Callsign "6 fears 7" cuz of it, though. LOL. Played only a little bit last night, but got my Urban camo for the MP5 & M16.

Oh & a big shout-out to all you camping nubs.

GuzmanDate: Sunday, 06/December/2009, 1:06:32 AM | Message # 53
Lieutenant general
Quote (duxy87)
yeah guz it detects how strick ur NAT type is and has it listed on main screen. Just to clarify on the whole red-yellow-green bar thing; I have had games where i'm red and i absolutely dominate. I classify that as good lag. However i do get games where i have green bars and i figure the opponent gets good lag. But as a general, i only tell if i get good lag or bad lag when i kill someone or get killed.. haha

Ah, Thanks Dux. I Thought I Saw That in A Vid Somewhere.

So Uh, Does Anyone Here Have Open NAT? & Does It Help at All?

duxy87Date: Sunday, 06/December/2009, 1:34:49 AM | Message # 54
Major general
played the other night against this opponent who was doing the 'javelin' trick. Anyone become a victim of it yet?

Not sure how they do it but its like running around with the 'overload' special from resistance2. That is they somehow trigger the javelin so when you kill them the javelin rocket fires and explodes killing those in close proximity. It was pretty annoying! And when i dont shoot at him he ends up knifing me. So i don't know a way around to conquer it but i think its a cheap way to get kills. poor form.

By the way, good games the other night with hearts & banion.

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 06/December/2009, 8:25:33 AM | Message # 55
Our Sexy Leader
I'm on Open NAT...and seem to host a lot of FFA's. (^_-)b

dux, to do the glitch, equip a Semtax with your Javelin class. Switch to your secondary, press and HOLD the nade button & then switch back to the active Javelin. That's it. Just keep the nade button held. Shit's gross. Even if you kill the guy from behind, the Javelin hits you instantaneously. Word is that patch 1.06 is coming real quick & that bullshit will be taken out.

KuzuDate: Sunday, 06/December/2009, 10:07:32 PM | Message # 56
The Clan Elder
i got open NAT too. i host quite a few games. i dont know what the diff NAT types are? i know i have good internet though.
just wish i had good reactions as well! by the castle of greyskull, give me the POWER.

duxy87Date: Tuesday, 08/December/2009, 12:12:15 PM | Message # 57
Major general
my NAT type says 'strick'.

lot of security barriers in the way hence why i get kicked out of parties sometimes lol. however when i'm playing against opponents in my region there are no dramas at all.

myself, totaldeano, and spearer good parties lol

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 08/December/2009, 10:48:01 PM | Message # 58
The Clan Elder
news on prestige: (well it was news to me.)

prestiging to lvl 1, 3, 6 and 10 gives u an extra 'custom class'. i like this idea. i might get at least lvl 1 just for this bonus.
the class doesnt give u an edge, but it is helpful to have spare classes to switch to for more versatility.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 09/December/2009, 7:00:15 PM | Message # 59
The Clan Elder
well, we had a party of 8 going! that was awesome!
then again, we were getting owned pretty hardcore...
it was nice seeing so many squirrels come together. now we need to work on some strategy perhaps.

banion7Date: Wednesday, 09/December/2009, 8:31:57 PM | Message # 60
Colonel
Was a little more fun last night, not sure why since in my case anyway I was still getting slaughtered - went 0 13 or something like that in one game to start.. Guess who got longest death streak for that map (>_<). Shitty. Still fun though.

Finally got it going on my own in FFA after the team stuff, killed a lot, got to feel what it's like to get Killstrek rewards a bit agian, but some fucker shot out both my Harrier and Pavelow on Estate after (I think the same guy) camped hard in Rundown in the game before and went 20 0 the fucker. I went 6 20, eveyone else like 4 3, 5 6, 2 7 - groooosss. So quiet, if I had done the same, it wouldve been dead quiet. I just wanted practice getting to the campers and getting them - but they were pretty good at it... [.l..] MFers!!

Don't let me play too much tonight cause I gotta get up early again tomorrow and I don't want oto be so sleeepy..

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024