[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | COD: Black Ops - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » COD: Black Ops
COD: Black Ops
redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 29/June/2010, 1:26:42 PM | Message # 1
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
chu & I were discussing this game today & I couldn't remember the details I had read about the game, so here's the link.

The game sounds promising, IMO. I especially like most of the changes made in contrast to MW2 (no equipment replenishment, no building KS's, no commando, a "barebones" playlist, etc.).

What's everyone's take on it? I didn't play WaW, so I don't know how good Treyarch's games usually are.

duxy87Date: Wednesday, 07/July/2010, 1:05:23 AM | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Moderators
Gona wait till i get an in-depth view on it and check reviews. could well be on the cards if i'm satisfied enough.

If you get to find any more good links on this game post em up!

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 04/September/2010, 11:23:00 AM | Message # 3
Our Sexy Leader
Here are all the perks in Black Ops. With description, I got it from this video.

Perk Set 1

Perk Set 2

Perk Set 3

Weapon Camo List

*posted up by Kingpin326 over at ourgamesourbond.com*

GuzmanDate: Saturday, 04/September/2010, 3:53:57 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
So Same Stuff w/ Different Names?

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 04/September/2010, 7:07:35 PM | Message # 5
Our Sexy Leader
Pretty much, however a couple of perks are missing (Commando, OMA & Stopping Power) & one addition (Tactical Mask). Another thing to note is that perks slots have been messed with. As an example, no longer can you have a Marathon+Ninja combined loadout, which is such a prevalent combination in MW2. They've also tweaked the perks themselves a bit, evidently. Marathon is no longer infinite sprint, but just extended sprint this time around. Scavenger picks up only ammo & lethal nades, no equipment.

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 05/October/2010, 9:28:43 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant general
Everyone has most likely heard of this already, but I was very intrigued by all the "Wager Match" variants. It'll limit the use of all the possible cheap-ness, while not completely gutting the game.

Plus, all of em are FFA game types, so, cool!

Wager Match Trailer

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 06/October/2010, 9:21:39 AM | Message # 7
Our Sexy Leader
Yeah, that shit looks dope. I'm definitely looking forward to the game. "Intriguing" you say? Possible purchase?!

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 06/October/2010, 8:31:35 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant general
Huh! Don't get carried away!

I may have been a bit unfair though...

Edit: I got around to fixing my NAT problem, so that may encourage me to participate!

Message edited by Guzman - Thursday, 07/October/2010, 2:15:07 AM

banion7Date: Thursday, 07/October/2010, 9:00:35 PM | Message # 9
Colonel
Yo how's it been going all? Busted pc, I've completely lost touch with the interwebz lately...

Still been playing cod every day though... Lol.

Since there's nothing else out there that's appealing to me in the least on ps3, I guess I'm in on blops.

I'm fairly confident that people will find something to complain about and then hate the game for, whatever way it's laid out, my only wish is that the control feedback and gameplay are crisp.

So seeing as I'm on my lonesome now on cod, guess I ll c u in Nov!

KuzuDate: Friday, 08/October/2010, 2:14:23 AM | Message # 10
The Clan Elder
damn u ppl!
u made me want to read about the wager matches. i gotta say, they sound very cool. ive always thought straight TDM games were usually boring, from Resi1 down to MW2. i have to say i much prefer objective games, so even if this is FFA, it puts an objective (or in this case, limits) and a twist to what can/cant be done. i like the variety.

the 2 modes i think are very cool are "gun game" and "sharpshooter". not really a big fan of single bullet, 1shot-kill mode. the other one seems ok, but im sure it will be very soon before ppl realize how to exploit the 2 weapons used for that mode.

also, not to downplay anything, cuz i think this game looks good (and i hope it puts those bastards at Infinity Ward to shame). but the player models look a little bit goofy. like the guys are kinda gangly.

still, im trying to resist the temptation (though i said the same thing with MW2... LOL)

anyone have any word on the servers? p2p? dedicated?

-----------
hi ban. i still see u online alot, but u never join the squirrel channel =(
ur right about MW2. the majority of ppl on my buddy list are still playing that game. i guess i would have been too if situations were different. do u own other games?

GuzmanDate: Sunday, 10/October/2010, 1:52:16 AM | Message # 11
Lieutenant general
K. I got some updates! After fixing my NAT deal, I got on & played MW. The effects were relatively profound. There's still lots of dumb crap, but @ least I can play on equal footing.
Anyway, 'twas fun. This entices me further to get Black Ops.

Quote (Kuzu)
the 2 modes i think are very cool are "gun game" and "sharpshooter". not really a big fan of single bullet, 1shot-kill mode. the other one seems ok, but im sure it will be very soon before ppl realize how to exploit the 2 weapons used for that mode.

also, not to downplay anything, cuz i think this game looks good (and i hope it puts those bastards at Infinity Ward to shame). but the player models look a little bit goofy. like the guys are kinda gangly.

Agree. I'd bet the main prob w/ "One in the Chamber" is that people will camp really hard, as to not waste their only shot. The main thing that bothers me about the character models is that they aren't color coordinated @ all, which comes off as silly as you say. I'd bet you can customize them too, though.

Dedicated servers are unclear. PC vers is getting some form of DS but no word on consoles. We'll find out I guess?

Quote (banion7)
I'm fairly confident that people will find something to complain about and then hate the game for, whatever way it's laid out, my only wish is that the control feedback and gameplay are crisp.

Oh yeah, no doubt. But it does seems improvements are being made. Hopefully I'll see ya on there dude!

I have a question! I though they were doing away w/ Tactical Insertions, to stop boosting 'n stuff. But they're still in. How are they going to combat that? I thought I read something like "We're aware of the prob, & we'll make sure it isn't an issue."

KuzuDate: Monday, 11/October/2010, 11:40:57 PM | Message # 12
The Clan Elder
getting very close to being "sold".

watched some more trailers from the official site.
love alot of the new ideas they are implementing.
super customization of guns (sights/addons), emblems, tags, skins, even player face camoflage.
i like the wager system (but i dont get what happens if u keep losing? do u get more credits?)
they have combat training so u can practice maps, weapons, perks, etc.
not sure of the details, but they have free-range replay thingy so u can view the whole game from any angle.

i was about to pee in my pants when i heard the word "contracts". i thought u would be able to stalk a player with a bounty, go join the game they were in, and try to kill them X-amount of times!! that would be fuggin sick. but it seems its just challenge/weapon related. (like capture a flag 3 times in a game, for ex).

i think they said over 40 weapons available. not too shabby.

if the clan is going to "reunite" in order to play this game, that might be the final selling point to get me in on that action, u MOFOs.

oh, and i didnt even realize they are included Zombie mode which was a massive hit with WAW.
oh oh, they are making it all (SP,MP,Zomb) available in 3D. so i can finally use my tv for something... awesome.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 12/October/2010, 11:54:32 PM | Message # 13
The Clan Elder
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=_VuOJvNJmqc&feature=related
vid from Hutch.
LMAO.. that remote controlled car is not a guaranteed kill by far!! haha it took him 1min to just move around, wasnt even near to killing anyone with it. lolllloololololl.

but this is good gameplay to give a sense of the game. ok, so i still want this game even after my MOH review. hahaha stupid kuz. oh, i loved the Vietnamese chatter going on.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 13/October/2010, 2:23:01 AM | Message # 14
The Clan Elder
Quote (Guzman)
I have a question! I though they were doing away w/ Tactical Insertions, to stop boosting 'n stuff. But they're still in. How are they going to combat that? I thought I read something like "We're aware of the prob, & we'll make sure it isn't an issue."

The Tactical Insertion in Black Ops will add a new ability that allows a player to cancel their Tactical Insertion in their Killcams.[1] This was added due to the tendency of other players camping Tactical Insertions, waiting for the player to respawn there just to get an easy kill off of that person.
The Tactical Insertion in Black Ops will not be available in Free-For-All game types, most likely to discourage Boosting.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 13/October/2010, 11:16:01 PM | Message # 15
The Clan Elder
This is a note to Red and Ban:
I would not suggest getting the Japanese version of Blops. Though the release date is only 9-days later, and would save you from having to buy US prepaid cards, according to GaijinGamers, they list the J-version of MW2 as being fully in Japanese! And COD4 only had English audio, but not for anything else.

This tells me there is a very good chance that the Japanese disc would be, well, purely Japanese. IF u dont mind that, then forget what I said. But if the thought of going through Japanese menus/audio seems annoying or scary, stick with the US/Asia versions.
peeeace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAWOsrb3my0
new footage of JUNGLE map. love this type of shit. not so fond of all the war-torn buildings. this is great.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » COD: Black Ops
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024