Main | COD: Black Ops - Page 23 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » COD: Black Ops
COD: Black Ops
nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 02/February/2011, 5:47:08 PM | Message # 331
Major general
Group: Moderators
http://www.fileplanet.com/218529....Game%29

For those of you interested this game/demo sums up the cod well.

Enjoy!!!!!

AlucardDate: Wednesday, 02/February/2011, 6:48:42 PM | Message # 332
Colonel
niva, i enjoy almost every Castlevania game. Lords of Shadow's ending is EPIC. plus Castlevania games started out as side scrollers and unfortunately went on to 3d hack n slash games because of the success Devil May Cry or God of War has. hell i started hating this genre since chaos legion on the ps2 and will proudly admit that i have owned all of the hack n slash iterations of Castevania just because its Catslevania. yes, Lord's of Shadows was putting me to sleep as well but the story motivated me to keep going. Arkham Asylum and LEGO Batman are other beat em up games i have. so yeh i do play some but i guess i have to be really interested in it to enjoy it. seems like a chore otherwise.

to think about it now...kingdom hearts was pretty brutal with endless waves of enemies. man i hated that lol

isnt counter strike a mainstream game? lol

Message edited by Alucard - Wednesday, 02/February/2011, 6:53:41 PM

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 02/February/2011, 7:49:01 PM | Message # 333
Major general
I know that Castlevania started out as a side-scroller, I was specifically referring to the newest in the franchise. I agree with you on the whole hack n' slash genre. Hell I love the old school beat em up games, but hate the new hack n' slash games unless it is God Of War, I think the story in God of War is some of the best story writing in games as there is a deeper level to the characters than what is shown/talked about. Not many games offer compelling story telling as the God of War series, many people think that all it is, is about a person killing everyone seeking revenge. But, in reality that's not what's it all about, I'm not saying that's what you believe the story is I was simply referring to comments from others regarding the franchise. In general I don't really like hack n' slash games too unless it captures my attention too. Have you played Bayonetta? I can't stand that game, lol.

As for Counter Strike, technically it's not a mainstream game. I don't really like the Counter Strike games, the new Source version is fun once in awhile, but I wouldn't call it mainstream. Counter Strike has a good following, but it is almost exclusively a cult following similar to that of SOCOM and MAG.

I'm seriously contemplating on purchasing BC2. It looks fun, and I believe that the demo did the game no justice. DICE is, to me, the best developer in terms of multiplayer games. The multiplayer portion in the new MoH game was done by DICE, and I was amazed at how balanced the game is. DICE had some issues back in the early 2000's regarding balance, but they have found out how to "perfectly" balance mulitplayer games. When I get tired of Killzone 3 I will probably pick up BC2, or just skip it for SOCOM if I like the beta.

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 02/February/2011, 7:57:07 PM | Message # 334
Major general
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7r9RqWBdl8&feature=player_embedded

This is the video to that cod game. Just in case no one wanted to download the amazing game.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 02/February/2011, 8:13:17 PM | Message # 335
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
lol niva. nice find!

-Level UP! Sergeant of the Master Sergeants Most Important Person of Extreme Sergeants to the Max
-u picked up a meaningless stick! congrats
-500 sheets of wide ruled notebook paper added to inventory

couldnt listen to the audio (work) but this was a nice comment i found on YT:
"War. War never changes. Or does it? The war has changed. Did it? The answer is no. Unless it is yes. No of course it is, is war. Yes... no. Yes?
Here's your objective; Blah Blah Blah Blah secret base. Blah Blah Blah Blah plan, Blah Blah Blah nuclear missle bomb. Blah Blah Blah counting on you, (I couldn't hear this part), win, good luck. XD"

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 02/February/2011, 8:46:30 PM | Message # 336
Major general
lol, it's actually a promotion that EA and Epic Games are running for their upcoming game Bulletstorm. I have no interest in the game, but found the cod parody hilarious. I even downloaded that game, and it was fun, lol.

AngDate: Thursday, 03/February/2011, 6:29:54 PM | Message # 337
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
Niva, that me me laugh so damn hard!

AlucardDate: Thursday, 03/February/2011, 7:17:05 PM | Message # 338
Colonel
niva, i havent played the finished version of bayoneta but i did play the demo and had mixed reactions. regarding counter strike, most people i know(which is mostly people i knew in high school) hailed it as the best fps game since Goldeneye if i remember correctly. i also remember playing Warcraft 2, Postal and GTA back in the day on my pc. lots of time spent there happy

Message edited by Alucard - Thursday, 03/February/2011, 7:17:33 PM

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 03/February/2011, 7:47:13 PM | Message # 339
Major general
Alu, I remember Postal, great game. From what I remember I always thought of Counter Strike as a cult favorite, it could have been mainstream when it first launched, but I always felt that it was a sort of cult game. Similar to how Team Fortress 2 is, which is really fun and amusing; dying in that game is more fun than actually killing someone, lol.

AlucardDate: Wednesday, 09/February/2011, 6:56:52 PM | Message # 340
Colonel
never played team fortress either...

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 09/February/2011, 10:47:32 PM | Message # 341
Major general
Team Fortress 2 is bloody amazing. If there is one shooter on the PC that you should check out it would have to be Team Fortress 2. I love Battlefield 2, but Team Fortress 2 just puts a smile on my face every time I play it, lol. I know that last sentence was cheesy, but it's true. The game is only $9.99 and the requirements aren't high to play. But, you do need a Steam account to play.

AngDate: Friday, 04/March/2011, 9:58:57 PM | Message # 342
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
I got the new maps and I gotta say, they are pretty badass. Kowloon is so much fun.

The bad thing is...there are people that are not used to the maps and they tend to camp. lol
How the hell are you going to familiarize yourself with the maps if you stay in one place?

In the Berling map, it's hilarious to see nubs run through "no man's land" and get shot down by the turrets. >_<

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 09/March/2011, 9:09:57 AM | Message # 343
Our Sexy Leader
Charlie Sheen plays BLOPS

For those of you that haven't seen dude's meltdown or whatever, search YT for 'Charlie Sheen Good Morning America'. So much GOLD. LOL.

banion7Date: Wednesday, 09/March/2011, 8:03:00 PM | Message # 344
Colonel
yo is this the "I got tiger blood" clip?? tons o LOLOLOLOLZZZ x's ans o's for that guy hahahha

edit: o I guess not - BLOPS?? this should be fun

Message edited by banion7 - Wednesday, 09/March/2011, 8:04:22 PM

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 09/March/2011, 8:04:16 PM | Message # 345
Our Sexy Leader
It's a vid of someone using the audio from the interviews over some BLOPS play. Watch it! LOL!

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » COD: Black Ops
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024