Main | COD: Black Ops - Page 3 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » COD: Black Ops
COD: Black Ops
redhamuSLADate: Monday, 18/October/2010, 1:46:27 PM | Message # 31
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
Quote (Guzman)
-One primary wep selection. Minor complaint, but this dissuades me from using stuff like shotties. (which are fun as hell to use) Even on a map like district getting to an enemy safely can be difficult.

Shotties ARE fun as hell to use in COD4. I feel like they are retarded good in MW2. Some of the shit that they do is just unfair. Either way, I'm down with the shotties being a primary wep select only. This adds some commitment to the weapon & the playstyle needed to be successful with them. You can just roam around with your AR out, get distance shots & then camp somewhere indoors with wep swap. I also liked getting camo for the shotties. (^_-)b

Try the shotties on Wetwork, Vacant, Downpour, Bog, Bloc & Backlot. All can produce quite good results with shotties, IMO.

Quote (Guzman)
-Killcams. Not a negative, but man these make me cringe 90% of the time. Why do people shoot @ your shins so damn much!

Yeah, people's lack of aim is damn disgusting. It's even more frustrating knowing that that scrub piece of spazzing shit just killed you, right? (>_<) No worries. I know EXACTLY how you feel.

Quote (Guzman)
-Lack of required precision/hip fire accuracy.

I talked about this in my COD opus. I want to spit on IW for this & don't usually want to spit on things and/or people. LOL.

All in all, it looks like you are questioning much of the same things I do and have done, myself. The game is ultimately frustrating, but does have it's redeeming qualities. I feel like from the vids we've seen & the information given by Treyarch, we can expect to see a better all-around game from them.

Here's hoping, anyways.

KuzuDate: Monday, 18/October/2010, 11:23:56 PM | Message # 32
The Clan Elder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCAo_IcqJhY&feature=related
new sharpshooter clip.

u can see he gets the same perks over and over. so u need to build a killstreak, to get the full (3?) perks, then anything else goes to adding bigger scores.

SOH > Lightweight > S.Aim > x2 multiplier (confirmed thru official site)
u die, u lose the perks/multiplier.

also, there is a bonus round at the end
----------------------------------
http://www.metacafe.com/watch....ameplay chopper gunner

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 19/October/2010, 2:20:20 AM | Message # 33
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
Quote (Kuzu)
flow. i personally hate the flow on TDM games. as u say, the teams come in waves and spawn near each other. but if u are going solo, flanking, or w/e, u may find that now 5 guys are up in ur ass. this is another reason why i dont enjoy TDM over DOM. in DOM, i KNOW where they are spawning from; their captured flags. yes, when it becomes lopsided, and u can only spawn from one flag, but they keep pushing into ur territory, then its just a rape-fest.

Ah, good idea. I may try some DOM out. So far I've just done FFA & Merc TDM.

Quote (Kuzu)
nades: COD4 was the worst game ive played so far for getting lame nades (well R1 and the 100 yard throws come a close 2nd). ppl know where to throw them. if u start off a game, ppl know that the enemy will most likely start sprinting. so they know that point-X on the map is the middle, where there are likely to be dudes. so ppl chuck them over buildings, the hit a tent, roll down some stairs, and now its right at ur feet. yes, nades are fucking stupid in that game, cuz most maps are pretty darn small and nades keep rolling.

Haha, I thought of the scene @ the end of happy gilmore after reading that. I can understand the nade tossing on the game start, but getting me 3 times later in a match..

Quote (Kuzu)
lack of acc: not sure i know what u mean. when i played (2007-8) accuracy was king. i loved my m16 for the uber accuracy and stability. without exaggerating, i could often snipe the snipers (maps like crossfire) across the map. that gun reigned supreme. spray n pray is annoying, but i think u listed all the possible culprits as to why u died. (add to this super sprint and u can see why i started my complaints earlier). most likely the reason was lag.

To clarify on that, I generally mean close/mid-close quarters. Large magazine guns like the P90 & RPD are the worst offenders. At distance, yeah, accuracy matters. I come out on top there usually.

Quote (Kuzu)
cams: im neutral. most ppl seem to skip thru them immediately. i actually watch them so i can get some info from it.

The cam itself is fine, it's just watching the other player spray the outline of my body then managing to get a couple rounds into my forearm & leg. They're just hard to watch, both because of the stellar aim of the guy, & the fact that he got me. I'll watch em if they have something that could help me.

Message edited by Guzman - Tuesday, 19/October/2010, 2:21:36 AM

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 19/October/2010, 2:21:01 AM | Message # 34
Lieutenant general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
I know you've watched some of my vids. This is the reason why I almost always take cover after kills, get down (at least crouch, if not prone) before reloading.

I watch every & all vids uploaded by you guys, even if I don't comment on it, just so you know. So Dux, get a recorder so I can watch you too, K? ^_-

Quote (redhamuSLA)
Try the shotties on Wetwork, Vacant, Downpour, Bog, Bloc & Backlot. All can produce quite good results with shotties, IMO.

Always, or are you just referring to FFA?

Quote (redhamuSLA)

Yeah, people's lack of aim is damn disgusting. It's even more frustrating knowing that that scrub piece of spazzing shit just killed you, right? (>_<) No worries. I know EXACTLY how you feel.

Haha, Can I cry on your shoulder?

Quote (duxy87)
So does that mean you're gona pass on this one guz?

Ya know, the whole reason I started playing was to determine just that. Problem is, I can't come to an answer. There are many reasons I'm against it, mainly the stuff I've listed above. To be fair, lots of stuff will likely be changed, but it's all I can go on. Also the lack of dedicated servers bothers me too. But I realize not getting the game "to make a statement" won't do anything, so now it's about 'will I genuinely enjoy playing?' But, after playing MW, that's inconclusive...

TBH, I've unfairly negatively judged Call of Duty for a long time. I never gave it a proper chance. After playing, the game is still pretty dumb IMO, & flawed, but admittedly, it can be fun. If all you guys are getting it too, that is another positive for the game. Also, having Treyarch @ the helm may be better. The game will have problems, no doubt, but it does appear they are making a concerted effort to right wrongs. IDK. I'm gonna keep playing MW to see if I can figure it out.

Kuzu: Thanks for the CG Clip. Looks better than MW2's version.

Message edited by Guzman - Tuesday, 19/October/2010, 2:26:07 AM

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 19/October/2010, 2:34:09 AM | Message # 35
The Clan Elder
Quote (Guzman)
I watch every & all vids uploaded by you guys, even if I don't comment on it, just so you know. So Dux, get a recorder so I can watch you too, K?

if thats so, uve got a post rate of about 2% for me! jk. <3!
though i do appreciate that u watch them. u can now probably tell what type of (cheap) player i am.

as for dux, or anyone, recording: this has been solved.
u will have the ability to record, manage, edit and upload game footage.
i heard the developers say "this will eliminate the need for players to get recorders... so they can upload to youtube or whatever".

i guess that is good news.
but if its that simple...
O.
M.
G.

youtube will be abso-freaking-lutely bombarded with B.O. vids...
it is already supersaturated with MW2 vids.. just think of that rate increasing by 1000x .... wow.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 19/October/2010, 2:38:04 AM | Message # 36
The Clan Elder
Quote (Guzman)
Haha, I thought of the scene @ the end of happy gilmore after reading that.

which part? i remember it being grandma, apollo creed and the alligator smiling down from heaven.
ooh. u mean when he won the tournament with that crazy shot? haha yah.
classic movie.
"just tap it.. tap taparoo"
"i eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast"
"could i trouble you for a warm glass of milk?" (stiller)"you could trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up!"

duxy87Date: Tuesday, 19/October/2010, 1:15:13 PM | Message # 37
Major general
Been a bit quiet here lately as I've been busy with other things... Firstly, guz you're very spot on with the points you raised. But if you decide not to get this I don't blame ya. I'm just reminiscing about you always.

I have many frustrastions with MW2, its a very long list. Though without writing an essay i'll just point out the one that pisses me off the most. That is the abuse of danger close explosives (tubing, rpg etc). Though i'm hoping that Black Ops won't consist of players who develop cheap and pathetic ways to abuse explosives. As I'll be definately be getting this game, one thing I look forward to is the way players use currency to upgrade thier shit. And the variety they've put in to customize your character.

I'm sure most has seen this already but if you havent check this link out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0_r4-eTmlA

Also, now that anyone would be able to record thier beast performances, more threads of vids will be listed down as 'Squirrel TV' haha..

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 19/October/2010, 9:39:05 PM | Message # 38
The Clan Elder
the COD series, as it keeps getting bigger and more and more hyped, they keep pushing the boundaries of what can/cant be done in a game. i give them alot of credit for their innovation, trying shit thats new and risky, and still delivering an entertaining package. im not a huge fan of hyper run n gun, which seems to have happened with MW2 to a degree, but the amount of possibilities all but makes up for it.

there is alot to complain about in the COD series. but, of course, if ppl didnt enjoy the game it wouldnt be the best selling, most played FPS series of all time. (series has made $3 billion in retail sales...). the games suck, and rock, at the same time. whether or not u are willing to put up with the shit that comes with it is definitely a tough choice. but knowing that ur not the only one, and knowing that u have ur brother cyber-buddies with u, should make it a great experience, even if a somewhat flawed one.

i hated Infinity Ward, and really didnt want to get MW2 and support them, but i played it. and enjoyed it. do i get annoyed as hell with aspects of the game? damn skippy i do. do i regret getting the game or wasting my time on it? not at all. i dont see things changing drastically with Black Ops, though i see that Treyarch is trying to do more to actually cater to fans. (eliminate boosting, dedicated PC servers + modding, incredible player/weapon customization, zombies, etc).

u will be frustrated; that is the nature of the beast. but u will also enjoy urself. its time to unite!
mel gibson "unite us! unite the clans!" -braveheart

duxy87Date: Tuesday, 19/October/2010, 10:33:48 PM | Message # 39
Major general
Ok so just to be sure, who is all in for getting this game?

redhamuSLA
kuzuranger
Alucard
duxy87
MJ
chubaka
spearer

guzman?

I'm just curious to know who i'll be playing with. I know nivasan is going to stick to MOH. But any other confirmed members?

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 19/October/2010, 11:45:07 PM | Message # 40
The Clan Elder
im in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D08fykNPsY4
full 10min gameplay of leaked beta footage.
this may be pulled down from youtube soon though, so hurry.

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 20/October/2010, 0:55:30 AM | Message # 41
Lieutenant general
Quote (Kuzu)
if thats so, uve got a post rate of about 2% for me! jk. <3!
though i do appreciate that u watch them. u can now probably tell what type of (cheap) player i am.

Oh, I apologize for that. It's most likely due to the fact that I haven't played any of the games that you & red have posted. But I'll do better, K? (For future reference, you guys prefer that I comment on the actual vid, rather than here, right?) I'll also try to remember to "like" the vid too. I always forget that.

Quote (Kuzu)
which part? i remember it being grandma, apollo creed and the alligator smiling down from heaven.
ooh. u mean when he won the tournament with that crazy shot? haha yah.
classic movie.
"just tap it.. tap taparoo"
"i eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast"
"could i trouble you for a warm glass of milk?" (stiller)"you could trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up!"

Ah, grandma was still alive at the end, dude.

"You're in my world now grandma."

Quote (duxy87)
I have many frustrastions with MW2, its a very long list. Though without writing an essay i'll just point out the one that pisses me off the most. That is the abuse of danger close explosives (tubing, rpg etc). Though i'm hoping that Black Ops won't consist of players who develop cheap and pathetic ways to abuse explosives. As I'll be definately be getting this game, one thing I look forward to is the way players use currency to upgrade thier shit. And the variety they've put in to customize your character.

Constant rocking of Flack Jacket, Dude!

Quote (duxy87)
Ok so just to be sure, who is all in for getting this game?

Almost There....

EDIT: I meant to ask this before, but if anyone has some setups they liked in COD4, please post them. Also w/ shotties, is stopping power redundant? Is using the grip on the W1200 dumb?

Message edited by Guzman - Wednesday, 20/October/2010, 1:14:49 AM

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 20/October/2010, 2:30:13 AM | Message # 42
The Clan Elder
bandolier/stopping power/matyrdom!
bandolier/stopping power/steady aim
3 frags/stopping power/iron lungs (snipe)

i dont know the specifics for COD4, but MW2 it was proven to have very minimal effect to use grips on shotguns. then again, u dont need any attachment on a shotgun, so the grip is probably the best.

duxy87Date: Wednesday, 20/October/2010, 9:59:14 AM | Message # 43
Major general
best attachment for shotgun in MW2 is ext mags. Worth trying out for. No ADS shotgun kills is my skill.

Also, bargster is getting Black Ops too..

Edit:

I also saw the vid you posted up kuz. Seems like its much harder to use sniping rifles, but then again they may not be the most skillful of all snipers. And good to know that RC car deployed is notified for both teams (friendly or enemy). Watch your six!!

All in all, I'm quite excited for this game

Message edited by duxy87 - Wednesday, 20/October/2010, 10:02:00 AM

AlucardDate: Wednesday, 20/October/2010, 4:09:59 PM | Message # 44
Colonel
Guz, on COD4 my favorite shotty is the golden m1014. i always ran with uav jammer, dead silence and hmmm i forget what the other perk was. and stopping power on a shotty never made sense to me. maybe this is just me but i couldnt aim from the hip with the grip in cod4. it would always shoot not where im aiming.... also i played just fine with illa back in the day playing domination matches with skillgun only and going like 30 - 3 almost every game thanx to our opponents.

Duxy, yeh best attachment for the shotty in mw2 is extended mags! love me hipfire shotty kills!! and i can imagine just yelling out, "SHIT WATCHOUT!!" when an RC car is roaming around lol

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 20/October/2010, 5:45:05 PM | Message # 45
Lieutenant general
Quote (Kuzu)
i dont know the specifics for COD4, but MW2 it was proven to have very minimal effect to use grips on shotguns. then again, u dont need any attachment on a shotgun, so the grip is probably the best.

Grip in CoD4 replaces perk 1.

Quote (Alucard)
Guz, on COD4 my favorite shotty is the golden m1014. i always ran with uav jammer, dead silence and hmmm i forget what the other perk was. and stopping power on a shotty never made sense to me.

Another dumb question here... w/ UAV Jammer you are always concealed? Or "just" from UAVs specifically? You still show up when you shoot right?

Quote (Alucard)
maybe this is just me but i couldnt aim from the hip with the grip in cod4. it would always shoot not where im aiming....

Dude, it does that to me too! Grip or no grip... I think it usually happens when you're too close. That's my experience anyway.

Quote (Alucard)
also i played just fine with illa back in the day playing domination matches with skillgun only and going like 30 - 3 almost every game thanx to our opponents.

Too beastly dude!

Message edited by Guzman - Wednesday, 20/October/2010, 5:45:29 PM

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » COD: Black Ops
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024