Main | COD: Black Ops - Page 2 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » COD: Black Ops
COD: Black Ops
GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 13/October/2010, 11:20:02 PM | Message # 16
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
Quote (Kuzu)
The Tactical Insertion in Black Ops will add a new ability that allows a player to cancel their Tactical Insertion in their Killcams.[1] This was added due to the tendency of other players camping Tactical Insertions, waiting for the player to respawn there just to get an easy kill off of that person.
The Tactical Insertion in Black Ops will not be available in Free-For-All game types, most likely to discourage Boosting.

Ah. K, Thanks. One other thing: To those that have played MW & MW2, how did your connection compare between the games? Better/same/worse in MW2?

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 13/October/2010, 11:59:44 PM | Message # 17
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
seemed to be exactly the same.
for both games, i could not compete at all with 1 or 2 bars. 3 is playable, just have to factor in a tiny tiny delay.

then again, that may just be for me? ive played with ppl (the most notorious is DUXY) who do well on 2 or 3 bars.. maybe hes just used to it? i would like to hear what he says.

i will never play on 1 or 2, unless i dont care about dying (which does not happen) or i will purely stick to sniping stationary targets.

GuzmanDate: Thursday, 14/October/2010, 4:01:38 AM | Message # 18
Lieutenant general
2 may work out for me, or may not. Usually bad though. 3 is typically good, though some pretty fishy shit still occurs. (& I think I'm not really one to complain about connection too much)

I recall red telling me he thought that IW was doctoring the connections on MW2; Dunno if he still feels that way.

As a follow up question, how does the frequency of good/bad connection games compare between the 2? for me, it's about 50-50 2 bar/3 bar, on MW. Occasionally I'll get host.

banion7Date: Thursday, 14/October/2010, 8:12:18 PM | Message # 19
Colonel
This being Japan, where the standard level of internet connections is insanely high, (you simply do not come across the odd player with a sketchy connection cause everyone, and I mean everyone has at least fast adsl or fibreoptic) and the player base is in a relatively compact geographical spread, 90 percent of the time there is no lag noticeable at all and everyone is on 4 strong bars.

The only time it gets a bit, 'mushy' is the only way I can describe it, is when there are overseas players in the server. So I guess we're kinda lucky playing here as lag is generally not an issue. I can see however, how lag would be a major headache playing in a place like say Canada where the server would be getting bogged down with all sorts of unstable Internet ... Stuff. To be honest, I still have no real grasp of how it all works but anyways that's the way I see it...

Don't know how duxy does it.

Added (14/October/2010, 8:12:18 PM)
---------------------------------------------
O and thanks guys for all this info from the guy who is too lazy to do any sniffing around for himself... Lol

Kuz, I'm definately planning to pick up the u.s. disk in akihabara.

KuzuDate: Thursday, 14/October/2010, 9:42:30 PM | Message # 20
The Clan Elder
guz: it depends. considering that for both COD4 and MW2 i bought the US version months ahead of the J-release. i was probably 75% 1-2bars at the beginning, but if i had a good game i would stick with the 2-bar. once the J-players were on, i would say it improved, but not as much as u would think. precisely for the reason that banion described, BECAUSE we have good internet, i was still connecting to american players quite often.

i dont really know a figure; maybe 33% US (mostly 2bars) vs. 66% J/Asia servers (3-4bars) for the bulk of my online experience. but i think for most americans, since there are, well, so many other americans playing at the time u play, u have a higher chance of getting 3-4 bars.

KuzuDate: Friday, 15/October/2010, 3:14:50 AM | Message # 21
The Clan Elder
some mo' tidbits:

- callsigns: are customizable
- clan tag: can be engraved on the butt of weapons
- contracts: give out roughly 3-5x more CODpoints (ex: 25kills w/XXgun. normall pts=50. do contract=200)
- contracts: do expire, and will change every week (ex: 40min of in-game time. and "20hrs till new contracts available")
- wager matches: 3 playlist levels for betting; low/med/very high
- sticks n stones: tomahawk hit will bankrupt (CODpts) that player
- gun game: getting knifed will drop u down one tier
- one in the chamber: u only get 3 lives. u gain a bullet after each kill
- sharpshooter: each kill will give a player a perk and eventually a scoring multiplier
- theater mode: can record, mange, edit, upload clips of ur games
- friends: matchmaking is being changed so that its easier for friends to play together
- TDM: points from headshots and other bonuses will be added to team score
- flamethrower: can be attached to assault rifles
- bonus weps: death machine (gatling) & grim reaper (4 incendiary rockets) only avail. in care package (& wager match)
- reticule: Dot, Semicircle, Line with dot, Circle, Smiley, Arrows Horizontal, Arrows Vertical, Arrows with dot, Boxes, Burst, Circle within a circle, Circle with dot, Circle with Crosshairs, Circle with inner line, Circle with outer line, Circle with arrows, Circle with triangles, Outer crosshairs, small crosshairs, Large crosshairs, Diamond, Diamond outline, Heart, Radiation, Skull, Square, Square outline, Star, 3 dots, Treyarch, Triangle, Outer triangles, x, X with dot, yin yang. AND colors
- sniper scope: scope with adjustable zoom can be purchased but uses up slot
- weapon camouflage: up to 15 types of different styles, including gold
- tac grenades: 3 typical (flash, concussion, willy pete aka smoke),nova gas(?) and decoy (triggers radar, acts like shooting)
- perk1: will affect how ur player model will look as a base
- diving: u can now go directly into the prone position
- facepaint: 13 styles including highlander, mafia, zulu, sandman, commando, etc.

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 15/October/2010, 11:14:21 AM | Message # 22
Our Sexy Leader
Guz: It hasn't felt like they've been doctoring for a bit.

Kuz: I'll be getting the US version, for sure. I've yet to buy a COD game that isn't. Maybe this time banion will be the one rolling to Akiba to pick that shit up for us!

GuzmanDate: Saturday, 16/October/2010, 0:43:53 AM | Message # 23
Lieutenant general
Thanks Everyone.

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 16/October/2010, 11:17:20 AM | Message # 24
Our Sexy Leader
NP. Also, I think you were talking about playability in relation to connection.

Red: Absolutelyunfuckingplayable.
Yellow bar: Move cover to cover. Body covered at least half, if not 3/4. Lose open area gun fights. Distance shots. Hate it.
Yellow-green bar: Go from cover to cover & can win some open area gun fights. Silent footsteps will help.
All green: Do whatever you like, if you can trust your reactions. R&G is the name of the game.

KuzuDate: Sunday, 17/October/2010, 11:14:05 PM | Message # 25
The Clan Elder
(sry for the mundane question) Red or Banion:
i dont think ive ever bought an imported (US) game on/near the release date from B&M stores.
so my question is, how soon do the game shops usually have the game available?
do u find its sometimes sold out? need to pre-order from the shop itself?

ive gone with amazon, since they have incredibly fast shipping (same day or next day) and i can trust them to get the game, and ship it safely and fast to me. i dont exactly trust that game shops will have a copy on hand. but then again, amazon says the estimated delivery date will be Nov. 17... even though the game will be released on the 9th. im sure they are just covering their tracks so that ppl dont start claims, and the game will probably arrive to me by the 10th-15th or so. but at the same time, i dont want to risk waiting that extra week to get the game if i can get it Nov 9 from stores.

so do the stores usually get the game same as release? next day(s)? a week later? and im sure they jack the price, not my biggest concern though. what, about 7500-8000yen?

GuzmanDate: Monday, 18/October/2010, 1:52:10 AM | Message # 26
Lieutenant general
Quote (redhamuSLA)

Yellow bar: Move cover to cover. Body covered at least half, if not 3/4. Lose open area gun fights. Distance shots. Hate it.
Yellow-green bar: Go from cover to cover & can win some open area gun fights. Silent footsteps will help.
All green: Do whatever you like, if you can trust your reactions. R&G is the name of the game.

Agree. Though, sometimes I'll be on 2 & rock, or 3 & get stomped. TBH, I still don't get it.

This may not be the place to discuss this, but I've spent about 2 days total time on MW now. & after really, honestly playing & giving it a chance, I don't know what to think.
My main issues w/ the game:

-Spawns. Horrendous. It seems every game has some sort of problem w/ this, but this by far has to be the worst. It may be due to the fact that you have so little health, but spawns (yours or enemy's) are so damn bad. It almost never fails; I dispatch a guy, & he's right in front of me as soon as I begin reloading. Conversely, when I respawn, by the time I manage to shake my disorientation, I'm dead. I had a game the other day where I was 27-0. I died, & ended the game w/ 29-7. 6 deaths?! Crazy man.

--Constant enemy flow/sudden spawn switch/teammates gone. Related to above. I enjoy multiple enemy encounters, & managing to cleanup. That's one of my main sources of fun in MP. But still, I need a reprieve sometime! I'm aware of silencers n' stuff, be the damage & range reduction cripples them & makes them nigh unusable. Only in close/mid-close are they cool. but that kinda contradicts the stealthy factor right?

-Nades. LOL. I now realize why people hate martyrdom now. I've always though that, well, just run. Kill 'em in a enclosed area & it's over. I especially <3 the ones that aren't being displayed as an indicator w/full health & it still gets you. I must fail hard using em too, cause people random bomb me from across the map regularly. I've only done this occasionally.

-One primary wep selection. Minor complaint, but this dissuades me from using stuff like shotties. (which are fun as hell to use) Even on a map like district getting to an enemy safely can be difficult. assualt rifles are capable @ many ranges, so there little reason to get something else IMO. I'm also aware of the perk 'Overkill' but I don't wanna use it!!

-Seemingly random luck factor- I can't think of any specifics ATM, but there are many, many instances of, for lack of a better term, "WTF" moments. I really hope I don't come off as I'm whining here, but in other games it's acceptable. It''s more of "Man, he got me" kind of annoyance. In MW, it's "Dude. I GOT that guy!" Connection may be related, but I don't count 1 or 2 bar games when considering this. It's along the lines of firing 2 M16 bursts square into a guy's chest, (w/o jugger) but he still wins. What? This isn't just pertaining to gunfight either, it's everything. I suicided w/ an airstrike on district while in the office room. Not near the windows or anything. In the middle.

GuzmanDate: Monday, 18/October/2010, 1:52:24 AM | Message # 27
Lieutenant general
-Lack of required precision/hip fire accuracy. I'm sick of 'losing' to LMG kids who run @ me & spray their gun all over the place & win. I lose because I'm reloading/I'm trying to aim/crap connection or w/e. The guns I've been using actually need to be reloaded occasionally. Another example is why does the MP5 have greater acc when firing from the hip rather than ADS? I... suppose it kinda makes sense? But, Ugh. Also knives!! >_<

-Connection/Lack of DS. Already mentioned above.

-No real feeling or sense of accomplishment. In all the games I've gone 25-3/38-5 or w/e I've never felt like "wow, I did great!" I'll see another guy go really well too, & think "Ah, he knows what he's doing." Then, on following games he may go ~4-8, then ~12-10. This also pertains to the luck factor. On good games, connection + chance is on your side. Admittedly, I'm not entirely aware of all the good hiding spots or lines of sight, but this isn't necessarilly what I'm talking about. Thing is, I've never felt in all the games I've played that raw skill played into it that much. I understand why wings sits in an area.

-Killcams. Not a negative, but man these make me cringe 90% of the time. Why do people shoot @ your shins so damn much! One of my faves was where a guy was sporting an M21 sniper rifle. I was meandering about like a moron. Him- Huuungh. (Breathe In) POWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOW. LOL.

Pertaining to the Marathon/LW/Commando discussion Kuzu & red were uh, "discussing." knifing is a serious annoyance, Commando or no. The lack of it is welcome, but teleport knifing is prevalent in MW, too, even if not to the same degree. I can definately understand the concerns w/ Lightweight + Ninja.

In summation.... I can see why red plays primarily FFA. All this is slightly less annoying there. Any tips/disagreements/input would be appreciated. I might've not explained some stuff enough or forgot stuff entirely, but this is the bulk of it. I apologize for the whining rant. It's a bit late for this huh? Games to tend to go sour near the end of their life cycle though...

KuzuDate: Monday, 18/October/2010, 2:50:16 AM | Message # 28
The Clan Elder
welcome to the world of COD buddee!! if u havent complained, u havent really played the game!!

spawns. dont remember. but for me, its almost always been the case that i hate playing FFA cuz of the things u mentioned. i feel this happens much less frequently (having a guy in ur face/ass) in DOM or TDM. doesnt help that they try to spawn u close to the person who killed u last (especially in MW2). but again, unless playing something like DOM and they spawn trap u, i never really thought too much about it.

flow. i personally hate the flow on TDM games. as u say, the teams come in waves and spawn near each other. but if u are going solo, flanking, or w/e, u may find that now 5 guys are up in ur ass. this is another reason why i dont enjoy TDM over DOM. in DOM, i KNOW where they are spawning from; their captured flags. yes, when it becomes lopsided, and u can only spawn from one flag, but they keep pushing into ur territory, then its just a rape-fest.

nades: COD4 was the worst game ive played so far for getting lame nades (well R1 and the 100 yard throws come a close 2nd). ppl know where to throw them. if u start off a game, ppl know that the enemy will most likely start sprinting. so they know that point-X on the map is the middle, where there are likely to be dudes. so ppl chuck them over buildings, the hit a tent, roll down some stairs, and now its right at ur feet. yes, nades are fucking stupid in that game, cuz most maps are pretty darn small and nades keep rolling.

one primary: i dont share the same opinion w/u on that one. one weapon is more than enough, seeing as how u can switch ur dingy pistol for any other primary weapon on pickup (i was dumb, and didnt even know this was possible for a big chunk of my time on COD4). i do agree that shotties were given the short end of the stick, and though i like them too, i didnt use them for their lack of versatility. that is why MW2 was so fun, cuz u could pick any shotty u wanted WITh ur primary.

WTF moments: this, again, goes back to my first comment. if u havent said WTF, u havent been playing the game enough! because the game is so fast, there are bound to be wtf kills. this just comes with the territory. ive never had more fun, nor been more frustrated, than when playing COD4 or MW2.

lack of acc: not sure i know what u mean. when i played (2007-8) accuracy was king. i loved my m16 for the uber accuracy and stability. without exaggerating, i could often snipe the snipers (maps like crossfire) across the map. that gun reigned supreme. spray n pray is annoying, but i think u listed all the possible culprits as to why u died. (add to this super sprint and u can see why i started my complaints earlier). most likely the reason was lag.

accomplishment: agree. especially in games like TDM, there is ABSOLUTELY no feeling of accomplishment for me. i know u guys dont like it, but even DOM has a purpose, yet it is mostly just TDM with decided spawn locations. if u want more satisfaction, i suggest trying OBJ games. demolition. S&D. etc. much less kills, but much more purpose. i think the whole "rank up/level up/challenges" is the point of the game, not the actually individual game-mode. kinda sad but thats how it goes.

cams: im neutral. most ppl seem to skip thru them immediately. i actually watch them so i can get some info from it.

L/M is annoying. but basically anything is annoying once it gets exploited. noob toobing. juggernaut. nades. camping. quick-scoping. etc etc u will find alot of things to complain about, and alot of things to enjoy. THIS is what makes the COD series, IMHO.

duxy87Date: Monday, 18/October/2010, 1:25:54 PM | Message # 29
Major general
Quote (Guzman)
In summation.... I can see why red plays primarily FFA. All this is slightly less annoying there. Any tips/disagreements/input would be appreciated. I might've not explained some stuff enough or forgot stuff entirely, but this is the bulk of it. I apologize for the whining rant. It's a bit late for this huh? Games to tend to go sour near the end of their life cycle though...

So does that mean you're gona pass on this one guz?

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 18/October/2010, 1:46:06 PM | Message # 30
Our Sexy Leader
Quote (Kuzu)
so my question is, how soon do the game shops usually have the game available?
do u find its sometimes sold out? need to pre-order from the shop itself?

They've usually got it within a couple of days, if not on THE day. I don't know anything about pre-ordering at an import shop.

Quote (Kuzu)
and im sure they jack the price, not my biggest concern though. what, about 7500-8000yen?

They can hit 9000 yen.

Quote (Guzman)
-Spawns. Horrendous. It seems every game has some sort of problem w/ this, but this by far has to be the worst. It may be due to the fact that you have so little health, but spawns (yours or enemy's) are so damn bad. It almost never fails; I dispatch a guy, & he's right in front of me as soon as I begin reloading. Conversely, when I respawn, by the time I manage to shake my disorientation, I'm dead. I had a game the other day where I was 27-0. I died, & ended the game w/ 29-7. 6 deaths?! Crazy man.

Yup. COD4 is notorious for revenge spawns. It's fucking ridiculous. MW2 did it a bit better, but I would never call the spawn system "good". You still get dumb stuff happening all the time in MW2. You find yourself asking yourself things like,"Why the fuck couldn't they have spawned the guy I just killed on the OTHER SIDE OF THE MAP?"

I know you've watched some of my vids. This is the reason why I almost always take cover after kills, get down (at least crouch, if not prone) before reloading.

I haven't played a Treyarch game yet, so I don't know if their respawning system is any better. Hopefully that's on their "shit to do" list.

Quote (Guzman)
-Nades. LOL. I must fail hard using em too, cause people random bomb me from across the map regularly. I've only done this occasionally.

Again, COD4 is notorious for "Jesus" nades. I hated it as well.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » COD: Black Ops
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024