[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | COD: Black Ops - Page 21 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » COD: Black Ops
COD: Black Ops
banion7Date: Friday, 21/January/2011, 11:21:37 AM | Message # 301
Colonel
Group: Moderators
Well nice to be back at it through the thick and thin tonight boys, really!

Last couple of games though I thought my head was gonna explode I was so mad... LOL Oh well.

Yay!

GuzmanDate: Saturday, 22/January/2011, 8:23:42 PM | Message # 302
Lieutenant general
I just wanted to say I popped in CoD4 today to compare connection & playability, & man is that game SO much better. I can't believe I'm saying that too. There are disconnects, & overall connection issues, but you can, for the most part, trust what you see onscreen. All the weapons feel they have a place too, unlike BO, where its got the whole "why use anything other than a FAMAS or AK74u" mentality going on. They also feel much cooler to use. Eh, IDK, but BO seems 'empty' in comparison.

Message edited by Guzman - Saturday, 22/January/2011, 9:41:20 PM

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 23/January/2011, 3:59:05 AM | Message # 303
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
niv: If I misinterpreted your post, my bad. I'm glad to hear from you that I did.

ban: Yeah, it's cool playing with everyone!

Guz: Ayyo.  I'm down to play some COD4, if you ever want to.  Just say so & I'll pop that shit in, dookie! (^_-)b

I can't remember much about the game, but can the individual make up for shitty teammates?  If so, sounds golden.  I'm getting REALLY fucking sick of that shit in BLOPS.

GuzmanDate: Sunday, 23/January/2011, 11:16:07 AM | Message # 304
Lieutenant general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
I can't remember much about the game, but can the individual make up for shitty teammates? If so, sounds golden. I'm getting REALLY fucking sick of that shit in BLOPS.

More so than BO, for sure. What is with them & going '1-14'?
That appears to be their deal. That or 1-11.
>_<

Though the short period I played yesterday, it kept putting me in hacker lobbies or something...

Message edited by Guzman - Sunday, 23/January/2011, 11:17:15 AM

nivasan6Date: Sunday, 23/January/2011, 3:55:53 PM | Message # 305
Major general
Red, no problem it happens especially when I post, lol.

If you guys are going to play COD4, I must warn you that many people are complaining about more hackers on COD4 than before.

GuzmanDate: Sunday, 23/January/2011, 6:11:45 PM | Message # 306
Lieutenant general
CoD4: Hackers
MW2: Infinite 40ies
BO: Connection Issues Galore

....Screw Call of Duty?

nivasan6Date: Sunday, 23/January/2011, 8:05:46 PM | Message # 307
Major general
For me, hell yes. But, overall the rest of the clan enjoys it when it works.

banion7Date: Sunday, 23/January/2011, 9:19:38 PM | Message # 308
Colonel
Played MW2 yesterday...

Gotta say, hate to say it actually, but it was a lot of fun....OMG.

How can I describe it?? I know the game engine is different, maybe that's what it is.

Playing Black Ops, I complain a lot about that "mushy" feeling, well MW2 was 'tight'. Controls accurate and light, I guess the feeling would be like the difference between playing as Micheal Vick = strong, athletic and agile with light weapons, while in Black Ops you feel a bit, pudgy or 'heavy' and the weapons feel a bit heavy as well.

Secondary's that you can actually use - shotties, Raffica's, hmm..

4 bar Js, just like before and perfect lag, or at least I didn't notice the game bogging down - hardly any WTF??moments at all. Just felt super crisp. Plus, slamming that predator down, sending out Harriers, blasting a couple more guys maybe and then that AC130 is just so much,... fun!

Maps felt much bigger, the game was also a lot faster. The UMP 45, even without SP is a beast gun! LOL. A small thing? too is that little 'twitch' noise it makes when you kill - I really like that. I did a lot of SPAS work too, of course lol and had a couple of Sandy Ravage moments with it, 3, 4 kills in as fast as it will shoot and that twitching sound - very satisfying. I think I am also a bit faster too since I last played it...

Got blown up by explosives, yeah that same old thing, but I was kinda ok with that anyays before BO came out - probably less in TDM as most people are moving around a lot more and it's a little harder for scrubs to camp out with 40s, no fixed location obj s to bomb etc.

Final verdict is, MW2 is the disk in my machine right now and when I turn on my machine tonight I think I ll leave it in and see what happens.

KuzuDate: Sunday, 23/January/2011, 10:30:39 PM | Message # 309
The Clan Elder
im seriously envious that u guys are finding more ways to enjoy or at least prolong ur COD experiences. im trying to stay away. i know that things CAN be great; ive spent the most overall time on COD4/MW2/BO which like niva reminds us, is basically one long sequel. =) i just hate the frustration of connection issues, so im playing anything else that will keep me occupied.

doing RDR campaign, and i hope i play till the end. might do some MP if i feel inspired (lag is not too bad, but i dont like that they *still* havent fixed stat issues. ie, my stats went up by like 12000 kills simply because i played poker.)

wifes friend who borrowed my COD4 forever, returned it finally. she also gave me Lost Planet2 and Biohazard5, so i may plop those in at some point. i wouldnt even mind doing zombies in BOs if anyone wanted to. (does that have an actual "end"? or stoRY? or is it just kills as many, stay alive for as long as u can, type of thing?)

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 25/January/2011, 0:26:02 AM | Message # 310
Lieutenant general
Quote (Kuzu)
wifes friend who borrowed my COD4 forever, returned it finally. she also gave me Lost Planet2 and Biohazard5, so i may plop those in at some point. i wouldnt even mind doing zombies in BOs if anyone wanted to. (does that have an actual "end"? or stoRY? or is it just kills as many, stay alive for as long as u can, type of thing?)

I would/may do some RE5 Coop w/ you if the desire struck. As for the zombies thing, no, I dont think it ever ends. The farthest on the leaderboards is round 80. (If its to be believed)
At around round ~35 the number of zombies & sheer amount of health they've got makes it damn boring. It can be fun till you figure out the formula, but after that, it just gets tedious & time consuming.

Message edited by Guzman - Tuesday, 25/January/2011, 0:27:23 AM

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 25/January/2011, 4:49:23 PM | Message # 311
Lieutenant general
1.06 Released

Patch Notes.

Apparently Triangle reload cancel is back in, & SC doesn't work against shotties anymore. (YES!!)
RCXDs may move slower & they are 100% ineffective against a full health Flak Jacket user, regardless of range. (GOOD!!)

Edit: Theres also a Killstreak glitch now. If you select only 1 Killstreak, It will give you 3 of them once you reach it. (IE. Blackbird w/ hardline = @ 7 kills gives you 3 Blackbirds for use)
-_-

Message edited by Guzman - Tuesday, 25/January/2011, 7:23:31 PM

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 26/January/2011, 7:57:59 AM | Message # 312
Our Sexy Leader
Holy shit on the glitch!  WTF are they doing at 3arch?!  I'd say obj games like Demo & CTF just got even more impossible to play.  3 DOGS?  Can you imagine?  Just...wow.

Good stuff on the shotty, though.  Hehe.

Like banchumond, I played some MW2 last night.  Yes, that game is mad clean.  The controls are very precise & aiming is accurate.  Connection can still be an issue, as it will always be without dedicated servers, but those "WTF" moments are few & far in between in comparison with BLOPS.  There are no lag hiccups in middle of the action & or map warps.  The speed of the game is also totally awesome.  You feel as though YOU create the limits for your soldier's movement & not the other way around.  Strafing is actually effective & feels mad sexy when you know that you just MADE them miss you.

Small things like HS & death sounds flesh the game out even more.  Incentives like callsigns or emblems that are attached to your playercard make you want to come back for more.

Naturally, it isn't all paradise, as my beefs with the game are still present--infinite Claymore's/40's/Danger Close/knife lunge/stacking KS's.

Final thought?  Without the bullshit in the game & had there been dedicated servers, this could well have been the best FPS to have ever been created for console.

P.S. Banchumond & I entered a hacked lobby. He spawned 3 times into cross-map wall-piercing 360 Intervention shots! LOL. (^3^)-chu!

AlucardDate: Wednesday, 26/January/2011, 6:30:10 PM | Message # 313
Colonel
kuzu, i did story mode in RDR. its pretty good. i didnt bother with all the side quests but i did some and they were pretty interesting. also those silent movies in the theater were amusing lol

on cod4, golden m1014 ftw! the visuals in that game i say are the best for a shooters ive seen since MGS4. mw2 is a bit too bright for me. blops just blows like i knew it would since i played waw. oh! respawning with helicopter ready to go to get you another chopper!! happy

on mw2, harriers, emergency airdrop, chopper gunner. m1014 with extended mags. aa-12 with extended mags. medium range spas. all good fun lol

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 27/January/2011, 1:41:05 PM | Message # 314
Major general
Alu, are you being serious about COD4 having the best visuals for a shooter since MGS4? If so, that's kind of crazy, lol. Killzone 2 probably has the best graphics especially for a shooter. BC2 has better graphics than COD as well. I don't really care about graphics especially since I love MAG, lol. MAG is really ugly, that's why people hate it, lol.

GuzmanDate: Thursday, 27/January/2011, 2:53:25 PM | Message # 315
Lieutenant general
Supposedly KS glitch fixed.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » COD: Black Ops
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024