COD: Black Ops
redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 27/January/2011, 5:03:41 PM | Message # 316
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
I have THE FLU. (T_T) DUN, DUN, DUN!

AlucardDate: Thursday, 27/January/2011, 7:31:17 PM | Message # 317
Colonel
Group: Moderators
niva, yes i am being serious. maybe the sci fi setting in kz wasnt appealing to me. if anything it was slightly better than R:FoM but better than r2. * shrugs * i spent days on cod4 multiplayer

also i only played the battlefield:bc demo and it put me to sleep in like 3 minutes? ok 5 minutes lol and i was really put off by mag. everything about it.

banion7Date: Thursday, 27/January/2011, 7:53:04 PM | Message # 318
Colonel
Quote (Alucard)
niva, yes i am being serious. maybe the sci fi setting in kz wasnt appealing to me. if anything it was slightly better than R:FoM but better than r2. * shrugs * i spent days on cod4 multiplayer

also i only played the battlefield:bc demo and it put me to sleep in like 3 minutes? ok 5 minutes lol and i was really put off by mag. everything about it.

Wow, alu, this is exactly my experience as well... Never looked at MAG though.

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 27/January/2011, 8:04:03 PM | Message # 319
Major general
BC2 has much better visuals than COD4. Are you playing on a SD or HD TV/monitor? Killzone 2 definitely does not look slightly better than RFoM.

When I joined you in that one match in MAG, did you know what was going on? That's what a lot of people don't like about MAG, they are unsure of what to do; which is kind of silly cause if one would use common sense it's easy to know where to go and what to do.

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 28/January/2011, 3:00:02 AM | Message # 320
Our Sexy Leader
WOWZERS

banion7Date: Friday, 28/January/2011, 8:44:57 AM | Message # 321
Colonel
Wowzers is right! Things is not looking so good for the PS3 overseas eh?

Bit of a Microsoft beatdown going on lol. (talking about this "hack", which I still understand zero about... lol)

But, though this was intentional and very unsportsmanlike in nature, to varying degrees its the kind of discrepancy that occurs always (non "level" playing field) and even if it is inadvertent 99% of the time (connection irregularities, whatever the type of server it is), it is why I can't take online gaming too-too seriously...

AlucardDate: Friday, 28/January/2011, 5:21:29 PM | Message # 322
Colonel
niva, i knew wut i had to do in mag. i just refused to do any of it but kill people LOL hell socom:confrontation was better than mag and i got a headset from it happy oh and ive been playing on a hd tv since 2007 i think. i forget when exactly.

banion, do you play rfom on your chewie account? i only have that psn on mine(T_T) or anybody else...im up for R:FoM if im not doing a b spec endurance race in GT5, heh

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 29/January/2011, 0:01:34 AM | Message # 323
Our Sexy Leader
People are saying this has already been patched, but wtf.

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 30/January/2011, 9:00:31 AM | Message # 324
Our Sexy Leader
Anyone down to start a [BS!] podcast? It might be fuuuuuun! (^_-)b

nivasan6Date: Sunday, 30/January/2011, 1:20:01 PM | Message # 325
Major general
Alu, I was looking at your stats on MAG, and judging by your level I don't think you played anything else besides Suppression and Sabotage (the two dumbest modes, essentially TDM), Acquisition and Domination are the best modes in MAG, and that's where all the fun. You could have played Acquisition, but from what I remember one had to be level 10 for that mode to be unlocked. SOCOM: Confrontation was and still is garbage, that game is nearly unplayable.

duxy87Date: Monday, 31/January/2011, 12:25:45 PM | Message # 326
Major general
double knife killing....Lag switch...

wtf is treyarc doing?? They make Infinity Ward look like royalty. And I thought it couldn't get worse then connection issues.

A big F*** Y** to 3arc for producing a F***ed Up game!!

You can suck me.. BALLS DEEP

AlucardDate: Monday, 31/January/2011, 7:55:56 PM | Message # 327
Colonel
lol niva, i only played mag briefly because scuba wanted to play. plus it wasnt pretty to look at either. it hurts my eyes like looking at cod waw and black ops graphics.

podcast you say?

glad ive got lbp2 and GT5 keeping me busy, heh

nivasan6Date: Monday, 31/January/2011, 8:20:01 PM | Message # 328
Major general
Alu, even then you still didn't experience the meat of MAG. I can understand your point on the graphics, but as a gamer gameplay is what should matter the most. The graphics are shit, but then again you have to realize that they are supporting 256 and 128 player matches; ZIPPER also stated that they could have way more players than 256 and there still wouldn't be much if any server lag. My main point being that graphics does not make a game good. My opinions on graphics would be that most games that are not first party are shitty looking and for the most part most of them play shitty as well. There are exceptions, and some of you may not believe this coming from me, but there quite a few third party games that have my interest. I usually buy first party because I know exactly what I will be getting, and there's little room for disappointment.

I've been disappointed with too many third party games, and that is why I rarely buy/play third party games.

Duxy, I take it that you're done with the cod series?

AlucardDate: Tuesday, 01/February/2011, 6:36:26 PM | Message # 329
Colonel
niva, there were never any intentions for me to play that game. like i said, scuba wanted to play and by chance my friend lent this to me cuz he also thought it sucked and wanted nothing to do with it. i also returned it back saying the same thing LOL

gameplay isnt always everything. lets take god of war 3 for example, game looked great visually, story was sub par IMO, voice acting was decent, cut scenes were entertaining, the scripted boss fights were pretty cool the first time around but why was the gameplay putting me to sleep?

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 01/February/2011, 8:37:25 PM | Message # 330
Major general
As I noted earlier, I stated that gameplay matters the most; I did not state that gameplay is everything. I fail to see how God of War 3 or any God of War game for that matter can put someone to sleep. It seemed that you enjoyed the new Castlevania game, which essentially is similar to God of War, Devil May Cry, Heavenly Sword, etc... Taking your points in consideration, it seems that you in general are not a fan of the hack n' slash games; I could obviously be wrong. If I am and you like other hack n' slash games, then who knows why God of War 3 was putting you to sleep, lol. Let's put it this way practically all hack n' slash games are the same (gameplay wise), so it would be rather confusing why you would like other hack n' slash games, but then "be put to sleep" with God of War 3.

I know you had no intentions of getting MAG, I believe that I was one of the only ones if not the only one in the clan anticipating the game and actually enjoying it. I will say this though, MAG definitely is not for everyone, and as such it has developed a cult following. Basically if someone likes and/or prefers mainstream games than they most likely will not like MAG or appreciate it.

I guess I like more variety in all my games than the regular run of the mill run n' gun games. I guess I'll see pretty much everyone in Killzone 3.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » COD: Black Ops
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024