[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | KuzuRanger's HOT VIDS - Page 12 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Mess Hall » User-Generated Stuff » KuzuRanger's HOT VIDS
KuzuRanger's HOT VIDS
GuzmanDate: Saturday, 08/January/2011, 11:48:02 PM | Message # 166
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
Even if you did, would there be a way to reproduce it?

KuzuDate: Sunday, 09/January/2011, 2:10:55 AM | Message # 167
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
Quote (Guzman)
Even if you did, would there be a way to reproduce it?

well, if i knew it was because of a specific wording, title name, or something in the tag (perhaps) then i could try to follow suit. when i looked at my YT stats for discovery, a huge % came from 'related videos'. ive noticed that sometimes my vid will be surrounded completely by Machinima vids, where mine is the only non-Machinima related one.

KuzuDate: Monday, 10/January/2011, 11:49:51 PM | Message # 168
The Clan Elder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6V4BJjelRc
Japanese marathon fail (~1min)

i think this might be the reason i got those crazy views. this vid is from a few days back. like that vid, i also have the words "japanese" "marathon" (perk) and "fail" in my tags or description.
==================================
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjfE-3iFeUo
32-4 tinkerbell Grid ak74u

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kExqndT3EXo
51-6 commentary (just my ADD thought process basically) Villa Stoner63 w/yellowbar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivtzbKGE49c
30-2 commentary "Dear Nuketown" FFA AK47

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 11/January/2011, 6:26:00 PM | Message # 169
Lieutenant general
OK Kuzu. I'm just gonna throw stuff out here as I think of/check up on it. This is mostly general stuff.

Have nothing else running. you prob already do this, but I'll put it here anyway.

Defrag. Wont make a huge difference, but wont hurt, esp if you haven't done it in a while.

Your amount of RAM is low. Your processor isn't that old, so some additional RAM could help, & it should be fairly cheap. Could get a couple Gig sticks or somethin.

Does your computer have 2 HDDs? If you do, you could have Vegas/Source file on main drive © & render to another (D/whatever)
That'll help some.

What are the available options when recording w/ the HDPVR? Just M2TS?

Also, if you take a screenshot of your task manager that might be helpful too...
Example
(Hit Control/Alt/Delete)

Lastly, If you could send a Raw 1-2 Min file to me, to use the exact file you are, for most accurate results, that'd be good. I can play w/ & read up on diff rendering settings & let ya know my findings.

That's all I can think of ATM, but I feel as if I'm missing something... I'll update if something else comes to mind.

Message edited by Guzman - Tuesday, 11/January/2011, 6:28:47 PM

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 11/January/2011, 7:01:34 PM | Message # 170
Lieutenant general
uh, what was your CPU again? You told me in the chat, but I already forgot... >_<
Are you on XP?

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 11/January/2011, 7:02:39 PM | Message # 171
The Clan Elder
Guz the master:
yah thx for all that.
i do all that stuff. nothing running. set Vegas to High priority through task bar. make sure that both Cores are utilized. just defragged last night. only 1.3% so didnt need it. yah i bought a 1or2TB HDD and i render to different drive from the orig file.

um i have 3 options to record w/the HDPVR. in basic terms its PS3/XBoX/something else.
ps3=m2ts (i can upload these raw to YT, which i do for all straight footage-only vids)
xbox=mp4 iirc (would it make more sense to record in mp4, then edit, and render to mp4 so no conversion is taking place?)
other = ? not sure. (maybe AVCHD or something?) seemed like something i dont use or havent heard much of but ill get back to u

ill look up this stuff a bit too on Google, but in case i dont get there just yet, is installing RAM an easy thing? i *did* happen to install my graphics card, and it wasnt hard, so i guess that gives me a little confidence.

my task bar is basically like this:
100% Sony Vegas

lol?

edit:
Pentium D 3Ghz dual core. RAM 1G Gateway XP japanese OS

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 11/January/2011, 7:16:35 PM | Message # 172
Lieutenant general
OK, so your already on the right track, which is good.

Installing memory is easy, & it's relatively cheap. Installing a video card is prob slightly harder as you have to remove a screw or latch... ^_-
Probably a good option if you wanna squeeze some more life out of this guy. (Though CPU Speed is still paramount, as ya know)
the hard part is determining what exactly to get. If your gateway came w/ just one stick it won't be in dual channel mode, so that will create a bottleneck. It this is the case, it'd be better to simply scrap the current memory in there & place the new mem in there standalone. But we'll see if & when we get there.

For the taskbar thing, I mean just to take a screenshot of it so I can see what all is running. You can use "Print Screen" then paste into paint. Just seeing what else is running would be helpful. Or if you don't wanna be bothered w/ it tell me how many processes are running.

Quote (Kuzu)
my task bar is basically like this:
100% Sony Vegas

lol?

Otherwise, that sounds about right, lol.

Quote (Kuzu)
ps3=m2ts (i can upload these raw to YT, which i do for all straight footage-only vids)

Ah, YT accepts it huh? Cool Cool.

Lol.. I'm finding I'm needing to relearn stuff.

Message edited by Guzman - Tuesday, 11/January/2011, 7:36:37 PM

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 11/January/2011, 8:55:51 PM | Message # 173
The Clan Elder
features of the hauppauge hd pvr:

Features
Built-in hardware H.264 high definition encoder, for high performance, high quality TV recordings
Component video input (YCrCb or YPrPb) from most high definition cable TV and satellite TV receivers. Optical or stereo audio inputs.
Record high definition video at up to 1080i resolution, 720p or VGA/D1
Record at datarates from 1Mbs to 13.5Mbs, constant and Variable Bit Rate
Make Blu-ray format AVCHD recordings, so you can burn your TV recordings onto a standard DVD disk (up to 2 hours of video at 5MBits/sec) and playback on Blu-ray DVD players
Includes HD software video player, so you can playback recordings to your PC screen
Audio / Video component video loop through to allow HD recording and viewing at the same time
High Performance Noise Reduction Function
NTSC,PAL and SECAM Support
IR receiver for remote control (the remote control is optional and is available on the Hauppauge webstore)
IR Blaster to change the TV channels in your set top box
Record formats
There are three H.264 formats you can choose when recording a video:

.TS, which is a generic 'transport stream' compatible with many digital media players
.M2TS, which is compatible with the Sony Playstation3
.MP4, which is compatible with the XBox360
The .TS and .M2TS files are AVCHD compatible, and can be used to burn Blu-ray compatible disk recordings. These files can be burned onto a standard DVD+R or DVD+RW disk for playback in a Blu-ray disk player using the included Arcsoft TME Disk Create application. Approximately 2 hours of HD TV recorded at 5Mbits/sec can be put onto a standard DVD+R or DVD+RW disk.

The included TME Media Converter program may also be used to convert the .TS file to other formats compatible for playback on an iPhone and Ipod.

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 12/January/2011, 2:16:15 PM | Message # 174
Lieutenant general
Kuzu, if you haven't done so, disable Media Manager in Vegas. (Will make it more responsive)

Also Disable resample on your clips before rendering- Will help quality & most likely reduce rendering times.

After looking around, I have found some useful info worth trying, for Vegas.

If you haven't already, make sure your Project Properties match your Rendering settings. If you don't, Vegas has to resize the vid twice, resulting in more work.
When rendering, use the "Good" Setting rather than "Best." Apparently using best makes the render take much longer with no quality increase; it's only really needed when using still images that have been resized. I'll definitely check this myself, so I'll report back!

Message edited by Guzman - Wednesday, 12/January/2011, 2:37:19 PM

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 12/January/2011, 5:05:30 PM | Message # 175
Lieutenant general
If getting more memory is something you wanna do, this tool will help:

CPU-Z

Under the memory tab check "Channels"
It will either say single or dual.

If you do decide to get more memory, the mainboard tab will say what chipset your motherboard uses, telling us what memory will work.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 12/January/2011, 7:59:43 PM | Message # 176
The Clan Elder
Quote (Guzman)
I have found some useful info worth trying, for Vegas.

thanks for looking this up, hombre.
- (disable media manager) i dont know what/where that is.
- (disable resample) i think i can find that in the custom settings when selecting render method. thx
- (project properties) is that what is listed on the preview window, just below the preview vid?
- (good vs best) yah i used best before. i did lower it to *good* for "Dear Nuketown".

the only thing is, now that im looking back on some of my vids, they dont seem to be very clear! i mean, lots of pixelization and shit. even on my first mw2 commentary, which was 13.5mb/s and rendered at top quality.. it doesnt seem that clear of a picture to me. lol. i dunno.

but anyways, thanks for checking all this stuff out. dont feel obligated to help, seriously. u can just say "i dunno" and i will understand.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 12/January/2011, 8:09:06 PM | Message # 177
The Clan Elder
Quote (Guzman)
Under the memory tab check "Channels"
It will either say single or dual. If you do decide to get more memory, the mainboard tab will say what chipset your motherboard uses, telling us what memory will work.

i looked at my PC (kept all the tech stickers on) and it says:
GX7010J Gateway
Intel 945G Chipset
Intel Pentium D dual core @3Mhz each
1 GB RAM
Dual Channel Memory DDR2
320GB SATA HDD

should i still run the program u listed? (im thinking yes)

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 12/January/2011, 9:24:28 PM | Message # 178
Lieutenant general
Quote (Kuzu)
- (disable media manager) i dont know what/where that is.

Options>Preferences>General Tab>Uncheck "Enable Media Manager"

Quote (Kuzu)
- (disable resample) i think i can find that in the custom settings when selecting render method. thx

Maybe you can? The way I've done it is: Put you vid on the timeline in Vegas. Right-Click>Properties>Video Event Tab>Disable Resample. AFAIK there is no way to "remember" this setting; you will have to do this on every vid you bring in.

Quote (Kuzu)
- (project properties) is that what is listed on the preview window, just below the preview vid?

This is just under File>Properties. These are what needs to match your actual render settings. the main ones to keep in mind are:
Width/Height- Should be 1280*720
Frame rate 29.97 or 59.94 (TBH I'm not sure which. 29 is prob what you've been using, & should be fine.)
Full-res rendering quality: Good

While your at it you can change Field Order & Deinterlace Method to "None", as they are the right settings for you. Lastly, you can check "Start all projects w/ these settings" so you don't have to bother w/ it again.

Quote (Kuzu)
the only thing is, now that im looking back on some of my vids, they dont seem to be very clear! i mean, lots of pixelization and shit. even on my first mw2 commentary, which was 13.5mb/s and rendered at top quality.. it doesnt seem that clear of a picture to me. lol. i dunno.

Youtube. Not your fault.

Quote (Kuzu)
i looked at my PC (kept all the tech stickers on) and it says:

Thanks, is helpful.

Quote (Kuzu)
should i still run the program u listed? (im thinking yes)

Sure, if you want. I've got the info needed. You might wanna do it to see if you've got a single 1GB stick, or 512x2.
Anyway, your Compy uses DDR2 667 (PC2-5300) & each slot has a 1GB limit. So Max potential RAM available to you is 4GB. Crucial, OCZ, Corsair are good brands.
A 2x1GB set should be around $40.
I don't know the best place to buy from for Japan though... Newegg is a typical choice

Quote (Kuzu)
but anyways, thanks for checking all this stuff out. dont feel obligated to help, seriously. u can just say "i dunno" and i will understand.

Not at all buddy. I like doing this stuff. Though I definitely prefer & have more knowledge of the hardware side of it all. Conversely, if i get too carried away or sound like I'm trying to act smart n' shit, please tell me to shutup where appropriate.

OK, I think that's everything for now.

Message edited by Guzman - Wednesday, 12/January/2011, 9:32:51 PM

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 12/January/2011, 9:53:51 PM | Message # 179
The Clan Elder
Guz -

after playing some more games against J-players, i cant stand that i am still lagging with my shots.
on my screen, i may be ADS waiting for a guy to come around the corner. since im crouched, ADS, and ready to fire, i shoot several rounds into him first but he still kills me. that still could boil down to him aiming perfectly and me missing. fine i can understand that. but when i see my killcam and it shows that i fired only once (instead of 3 times) and that my shots are a good 5 feet off target, that makes me go into rage. there is something going on here. i dont know if this is caused by:

a. me being host, and not being able to handle everyone so i still lag -or-
b. having crippling input lag from my tv

if its (a), then its just another thing to get frustrated over, but nothing i can do.
if its (b), then i would like to fix it!

k now on to a whole 'nuther demon. so my HDTV obviously has input lag. how much, i cant exactly be sure unless i go out and buy rockband2 and do all that testing. but by the looks of things, its probably safe to assume that it is affecting gameplay (ie losing 1v1 battles head on, even when i had the superior position/angle or was shooting first vs J-players). i mean, it literally happens every time i look at my kill kim. so i am willing to buy a converter to remedy the problem.

EDIT: finally found a concrete answer. AVS forum shows my TV to have 50ms lag... which is pretty shit!

been trying to research up on this, but its very hard for me to find answers since everyone has a different TV and situation. cant really look to my TVs manual for help, since its in japanese... (asking wife to help would not work, since she would just say "i have no idea what this technical shit means". lol). i remember trying to get the exact info right before i bought it, even emailed Sony, but never got a satisfactory answer from them or the net.
-------------------

i tried to buy a VGA-Component wire, connecting from the output of my hdpvr to the vga port on my tv. didnt work. or maybe i just have no idea what settings i need to change to GET that to work.

this is from a similar model (us, not J model) for my tv. im confused if that means i could use ALL those video possibilities through the VGA port? i guess it confuses me as to why its called a *VGA* port if it can do VGA, SVGA, XGA, WXGA, and HDTV through the VGA port....!
http://esupport.sony.com/docs/imanual/NA/EN/2b-1/connectpc_uc.html

of course, if somewhere in ur wisdom, u discover that my VGA port (D-sub 15pin) CANNOT handle more than 480p, then i will give up and call it quits for this mission.

this seems perfect:
http://www.amazon.com/LinkSty....&sr=1-1
Ypbpr in (coming from HDPVR)
VGA out (going to TVs VGA)

TBH, im getting completely confused by all the INs and OUTs lingo!!
so i want PVR (out) connected to VGA [TV] (in) right?
so this product has (in) which is accepting the (out) from the PVR?
and it has (out) which is taking one end of the VGA cord and going (in) to my TV??

seriously. i hate computer lingo sometimes.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 12/January/2011, 10:30:01 PM | Message # 180
The Clan Elder
Quote (Guzman)
Anyway, your Compy uses DDR2 667 (PC2-5300) & each slot has a 1GB limit. So Max potential RAM available to you is 4GB. Crucial, OCZ, Corsair are good brands.

do u mean, max is 2GB?
are u implying that i can get any (big) name chip(s) as long is its DDR2? is the 667 important? or PC2-5300?

also, this is probably hard to answer, but what is ur estimate to the actual (speed) improvement rate? i mean, are we talking like 5% only? (in which case, just shaving a few minutes off rendering times). or are we talking 20-25%, in which case it would be kinda sexier.

Forum » Mess Hall » User-Generated Stuff » KuzuRanger's HOT VIDS
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024