[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | KuzuRanger's HOT VIDS - Page 14 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Mess Hall » User-Generated Stuff » KuzuRanger's HOT VIDS
KuzuRanger's HOT VIDS
KuzuDate: Wednesday, 19/January/2011, 10:59:24 PM | Message # 196
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
(read posts on previous page if u havent seen them yet, pls)
----------------
not entirely important, but still a WTF moment nonetheless.

typed in "COD Cuban Missile Crisis" to see how my vid would look (title too long? tags show up? how much description displayed?), since i uploaded this game just a few hours ago...

i saw two vids....

one was mine, one was a complete copy...
it had same title, minus quotes. comments disabled. and a link to "download this file @fuckyoucopybitch.com". i mean, what? is he trying to get views? (he had 1 when i clicked).

GuzmanDate: Thursday, 20/January/2011, 3:13:43 PM | Message # 197
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
Quote (Kuzu)
but i know u put in a ton of effort to test this out. so i hope i do not sound ungrateful. u went far and beyond what a normal friend would do to offer advice or actual testing. for this, u get my eternal e-Props. (electronic Props? not sure what i want to say! maybe "i-Props" for internet-Props is better.)

Nah, not at all man, it's my pleasure. Either way, It's been a learning experience for both of us & I'm sure you'll get some use out of all this stuff somehow, even if not immediately or w/e. (you're gonna haveta post R3 vids anyway when we all dominate together. ^_-)

Quote (Kuzu)
i am guessing that the "project settings" and actual "render settings" being the same, now, is what cut down most of the time. i will try to add the color effects (as in my past vids) to see how that effects the render time, in my next vid.

Man, thems some crazy results. I never would've guessed that would have such a profound impact on the total render time... Still, killer indeed. Hopefully it will put you on better terms w/ the female as well!

Quote (Kuzu)
but with those very positive results u gave in the RAM tests, that would cut another 50% off, possibly. that is extremely enticing.
but how did u remove 1.4GB of RAM? stopped every program? inactivated them with msconfig? what do u mean, "no CPU was used in these tests"?

Sorry, that was a bit misleading there. Basically, I've got my computer to run only the essentials @ startup, so ~300MB of RAM is being used when it's first turned on. Using the task manager to monitor total RAM usage, I just started opening lots of memory intensive (consuming) programs till I hit ~1.7GBs of RAM. This was to somewhat simulate your scenario as you probably have around 700MB used up of your total 1GB when you start rendering. The "no CPU was being used bit" was even more misleading (sorry) What I meant by that was even though 1.7GBs of RAM was being used, CPU was still idle (IE. 0-2%) It wouldn't have been a fair test if CPU usage was ~50% or w/e before I started rendering, cause of course it'd be slower.

Once the render started though, yeah CPU usage was 100%. I just meant that only RAM was being used, & that all CPU power was being given to Vegas.
...Rereading the above explanation, I don't think I did a decent job of it. Hopefully it makes sense.

Quote (Kuzu)
EDIt: wait, wtf?! it took nearly 5min to render a 45 second clip at ideal settings???!?! are u recording at perfect quality or something?

Uh, I might disregard that test. The source clip is 720*480, so I blew it up to 1280*720, which can in some cases quadruple render times. I mainly just wanted to see how it turned out. Plus, my compy is old! >_<

You sound like you're kinda done w/ this stuff, & if so that's cool. But if you still want to do other stuff please don't feel like you're being pushy or anything. For example, you can still post up that Hijackthis log if you wanna clear up your memory some. Either way, done or not I'm fine with either!

KuzuDate: Thursday, 20/January/2011, 7:00:23 PM | Message # 198
The Clan Elder
naw. not done at all. i will upload vids, even COD vids, because i have them on my HDD. i am always thnking of new ideas to use for commentaries, even if no one likes them, i enjoy doing them and looking back on them. so i will definitely be rendering still. AND if my times are cut down by 50-60%+ i will undoubtedly do lots more than i could have done before.

i know im a goober, but where does it say "RAM usage" in the task manager? is that the commit charge u told me before? i dont see the letters "RAM" there.

i tried going into msconfig and disabling most of the programs that were peripheral. if u could be a darling, could u tell me what the basic (system,network,etc) programs are needed (on ur PC) that are a definite must? ex: ctfmon.exe or scvhost.exe or whatever?? muchos gracias!

ur explanation was perfectisimo. i got it thx.

GuzmanDate: Friday, 21/January/2011, 4:56:08 PM | Message # 199
Lieutenant general
Quote (Kuzu)
i know im a goober, but where does it say "RAM usage" in the task manager? is that the commit charge u told me before? i dont see the letters "RAM" there.

In the Task Manager, GoTo the Performance tab. Under CPU usage will be "PF Usage." That's the total RAM being used ATM. Even lower you'll see the diff categories; main ones of interest are 'Physical Memory' & 'Commit Charge'

Physical Mem says total & available RAM.. Blah blah, you know this.

Under Commit Charge: 'Total' is the same value as PF usage. (Divide this number by 1024 & it will be the same) 'Peak' is also of interest. Check it up after you've had the compy on for awhile, rendered, etc. It will give you a good idea of how much you spill over when rendering. Also divide this number by 1024 to convert into MB.

Quote (Kuzu)
i tried going into msconfig and disabling most of the programs that were peripheral. if u could be a darling, could u tell me what the basic (system,network,etc) programs are needed (on ur PC) that are a definite must? ex: ctfmon.exe or scvhost.exe or whatever?? muchos gracias!

yeah, NP. I'll post her up in a bit.

If the desire to look around on it yourself arises, BlackViper is an awesome site. It deals w/ services, but they are often related.

Quote (Kuzu)
ur explanation was perfectisimo. i got it thx.

Alright, Cool.

Essential Processes:
System
explorer.exe
svchost.exe (all)
csrss.exe
services.exe
alg.exe
lsass.exe
winlogon.exe
smss.exe
System Idle Process

That should be all. there are many processes that can be killed w/o any problems, but it all depends on your setup. Some are Windows related, most are not & are installed when you install some software or hardware. As an example, spoolsv.exe (Print spooler) is absolutely worthless if you don't have a printer. Otherwise, it's essential.

Others are dumb too like 'Fast User Switching Compatibility'
Who uses multiple accounts? Goofy & pointless. (Sorry if you & your wife have separate accs, Kuz, lol.)

& there are ones like Plug & Play. Not essential, but it needs to be on to detect any sort of USB device. So it really needs to be on, as it'd be a pain to re-enable it every time you hooked something up.

Basically, if you aren't sure, leave it alone, or disable one at a time to ensure it's OK. Though, I kinda am mixing up processes & services up here. Not all services are displayed as processes. Sorry, don't wanna put too much on your plate at once.

Message edited by Guzman - Friday, 21/January/2011, 5:22:43 PM

KuzuDate: Friday, 21/January/2011, 8:25:49 PM | Message # 200
The Clan Elder
question (hey surprise?):
i went into msconfig as i said, and now ive disabled almost all of the programs since (im pretty sure) they are old things that i downloaded once and dont use or are some crap related to wifes vidcam software, etc. point, there are only a few processes "enabled" in the startup menu of msconfig. yet, when i turn on my comp, there is still 35-odd processes running. do i need to remove shit from the registry (i know this is permanent, and therefore last resort) or what would u suggest? i guess im trying to ask, how did u get ur RAM all the way down to 300MB? i want to stop these usless programs from slowing down my PC!

KuzuDate: Saturday, 22/January/2011, 2:04:29 AM | Message # 201
The Clan Elder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydk4Ar4UVgM
"Yes! Lag!" Commentary 30-2 FFA summit MPL

guz: just to keep track of things, this vid was 4min. i put back the few tweaks *from that other link* to add some color. it was exactly 1hour. comparing to the 3:30 clip in 40-50min, this shows they rendered in about the same time. maybe a few min more, but nothing drastic.

i got my RAM usage to about 650MB before rendering, and i think about 1400MB during. i still want to get that down as far as possible.

GuzmanDate: Saturday, 22/January/2011, 8:53:47 PM | Message # 202
Lieutenant general
BTW. Kuzu. I've been meaning to comment on your recent vids, I just haven't done so. This is "Kuzu's HOT VIDS" after all. Anyway, w/o going into specifics, I think your latest vids have been pretty awesome, honestly. Deep Thoughts was genuinely funny, dear nuketown was well written, & Cuban Missile Crisis was informative while remaining interesting. Essentially, I feel you are getting better at commentaries in general, while not limiting yourself to a specific mold, which is def good. Keep em rocking buddy.

Quote (Kuzu)
guz: just to keep track of things, this vid was 4min. i put back the few tweaks *from that other link* to add some color. it was exactly 1hour. comparing to the 3:30 clip in 40-50min, this shows they rendered in about the same time. maybe a few min more, but nothing drastic.

Yeah. You'll probably have to decide for yourself what is worth is & what isn't, so some experimentation on your end is required. And again, different effects can take different amounts of time to render too. It may also take longer if you split effects up randomly about the vid, rather than simply applying to the whole track. Just to be certain, your overall rendering time is better than when we started right? You said before that 3.5 Mins took ~65Mins before, right?

Quote (Kuzu)
i got my RAM usage to about 650MB before rendering, and i think about 1400MB during. i still want to get that down as far as possible.

Right. So 2GBs would be sufficient.

Message edited by Guzman - Saturday, 22/January/2011, 8:57:08 PM

GuzmanDate: Saturday, 22/January/2011, 9:17:56 PM | Message # 203
Lieutenant general
Quote (Kuzu)
yet, when i turn on my comp, there is still 35-odd processes running. do i need to remove shit from the registry (i know this is permanent, and therefore last resort) or what would u suggest? i guess im trying to ask, how did u get ur RAM all the way down to 300MB? i want to stop these usless programs from slowing down my PC!

Nah, don't mess w/ the registry. It sounds like you've already gotten rid of most startup programs, but Autoruns is useful for this too. It's essentially the same thing as msconfig, but a bit more powerful. It also helps identify what processes actually are. It's just an executable, so no install required. When first run, GoTo Options>"Hide Microsoft & Windows entries." Then go to the Logon tab. All startup programs are shown here. Right-Click each entry & select search online for more detailed info on what it is. It just googles it, but its easier than typing it all out. It seems you've done this already, but I'm putting it here for completions sake.

Please also do the Hijackthis deal I mentioned earlier too.

Some processes that run at startup are a bit more stealthy, for whatever reason. You may need to actually track the associated program's config and disable it there. If you're willing to repost a pic of your task manager processes I'll look at them more closely...

Here are a couple sites which detail Windows processes:
Uniblue
Neuber

I've also stopped many unnecessary Windows services on my computer, which contribute to memory usage. (Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services.)
There is undoubtedly plenty you could disable here. If you want a detailed list, I will post it.

You should probably do Windows Update if you haven't before. Though installing Service Pack 3 is kinda a big system changer, you may not be comfortable risking messing up your PVR install, lol. This is a bit late, but outta curiosity, have you considered doing a reformat?

Message edited by Guzman - Saturday, 22/January/2011, 9:50:39 PM

GuzmanDate: Sunday, 23/January/2011, 11:27:53 PM | Message # 204
Lieutenant general
What are your rendering settings too, BTW? I briefly messed w/ it & overall Sony AVC seemed like it had the best overall Quality/File Size/Render time ratio. Xvid MP4 Was the fastest, but produced large files.

Message edited by Guzman - Sunday, 23/January/2011, 11:28:59 PM

KuzuDate: Monday, 24/January/2011, 2:29:30 AM | Message # 205
The Clan Elder
PVR software set to 4MB/s, using (ps3-native) m2ts. maybe just coincidence, but the few times i tried (xbox-native) mp4, the program would get sticky, in that it would take an extra minute after stopping a vid before i could access anything.

i render also at 4MB/s. "good" quality. i have rendered 90% with mp4. with the tweaked settings, a 3.5-4min clip is roughly 150-200Mb iirc.

i tried using avi or wma, i forget which, but didnt like the options in the "custom settings". it wasnt a clear-cut choice of doing 1280x720, or some other function just didnt seem right, so i passed. for either DearNuketown or CubanMissile, i went with one of those above at 29fps, and i didnt really like the end result. maybe it was the fewer frames that made it feel choppy.

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 25/January/2011, 0:28:54 AM | Message # 206
Lieutenant general
Yeah, NM. You know what you're doing & what works for you. ^_-

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 25/January/2011, 8:20:48 AM | Message # 207
The Clan Elder
hijackthis pt1.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 25/January/2011, 8:21:51 AM | Message # 208
The Clan Elder
pt2

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 25/January/2011, 8:33:02 AM | Message # 209
The Clan Elder
did the autoruns / logon tab. almost no programs running. (surprisingly)

rdrclip (which i disabled)
explorer.exe
cmd.exe
intelaudiostudio.exe
nvidia display properties thingy (use it sometimes when i want to clone TV with PC for watching movies)
uTorrent.exe
zone alarm firewall
----------
no, not excited to do a big system change, nor a reformat. i have reformatted in the past, but im not willing to do either now. things are far from perfect now, but ish works. if it aint broke, just tweak it. =)

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 25/January/2011, 11:55:17 AM | Message # 210
The Clan Elder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C89GJWv9Kic
"Envy" commentary 44-5 tdm grid. my basic philosophy on why there is so much hate.

stats:
7:20min / 218mb / sony avc .mp4 / added color FX / rendered in 1hr45min
got my total processes down to 22 i think, and RAM to about 220MB *completely forgot about my firewall. it used up about 400mb of RAM!!* took 14min to render each min of video. not the fastest time yet, but still decent. still looking for a fast/high quality format if u happen to keep testing.

Forum » Mess Hall » User-Generated Stuff » KuzuRanger's HOT VIDS
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024