[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Mess Hall » User-Generated Stuff » KuzuRanger's HOT VIDS
KuzuRanger's HOT VIDS
GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 25/January/2011, 6:29:05 PM | Message # 211
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
K, Hijackthis log clear.

Quote (Kuzu)
did the autoruns / logon tab. almost no programs running. (surprisingly)

I'm sure you realize this, but program autoruns do not need to be on for the program to function. (In most cases)
You can disable uTorrent (Not a big mem footprint, but w/e) & most likely Intel audio studio. Others are OK.

Quote (Kuzu)
no, not excited to do a big system change, nor a reformat. i have reformatted in the past, but im not willing to do either now. things are far from perfect now, but ish works. if it aint broke, just tweak it. =)

Alright, cool. Depending on the situation I feel it can be a losing battle to attempt all this; doing a reformat is usually the 'ultimate' option, but it can be the only way to get ahead, & start from scratch. Not that this is the case w/ you though, to be clear. That's usually if the system is plagued by viruses/spyware/etc. You're cool.

Quote (Kuzu)
"Envy" commentary 44-5 tdm grid. my basic philosophy on why there is so much hate.

I guess we are making progress though, as you've been posting many vids & commentary lately!

As for the Services bit, for the ones displayed in the screeny, you can disable these: To do so, right-click Service Name>Properties>Startup Type. Select either disabled or manual (You can tell which ones are started by the 3rd column) (There are others that could most likely be disabled too, but for safety's sake, I'll just give the definites) Though I do recommend writing down what had been disabled just in case.
Automatic Updates: This auto-DLs Windows updates. XP is no longer supported anyway, so you can safely disable this. Even so, you can manually update if you remember to do so. (Disabled)
Distributed Link Tracking Client: Network related. (Manual)
Error Reporting Service: Allows you to send an error report to Microsoft. (Disabled)
Help & Support: Windows Help. (Disabled)
IPSEC Services: (Disabled)
Protected Storage: Basically autocomplete. Will store website passwords. (Disabled)
Secondary Logon: (Disabled)
Security Center: Bitches @ you for various reasons. (IE. If you disable automatic updates, antivirus isn't running at the time, etc.) (Disabled)
System Restore Service: Depends on how often you use this. I don't. You can turn if off, then re-enable if you are about to do something you are unsure of, then turn it back off after you confirm everything is OK. As a note, turning it off will delete all current restore points saved. (Disabled)
Task Scheduler: Does what is says. Though certain programs will not function as they should in some cases w/o it, it should be OK to disable. (Disabled)
TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper: Support Program. (Disabled)
Themes: Windows themes. Purely cosmetic. Depends on what you want. if you like the window style, a compromise is to: right-click My Computer>Properties>Advanced Tab>Performance "Settings">Adjust for best performance. (Disabled)
WebClient: (Disabled)
Windows Image Acquisition: (Manual)
Windows Time: (Disabled)

Message edited by Guzman - Wednesday, 26/January/2011, 1:03:26 AM

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 25/January/2011, 6:29:24 PM | Message # 212
Lieutenant general
It that all that's on? I'm not seeing a few services that should be there. Though it does look like you sorted by what's on before taking the screenshot... Either way, it's a start.

Quote (Kuzu)
got my total processes down to 22 i think, and RAM to about 220MB *completely forgot about my firewall. it used up about 400mb of RAM!!* took 14min to render each min of video. not the fastest time yet, but still decent. still looking for a fast/high quality format if u happen to keep testing.

22 Processes & 220MB RAM?
For the format thing, I'd just keep doing what you've been. Don't think there's any breakthrough info I can give...

Message edited by Guzman - Tuesday, 25/January/2011, 6:36:09 PM

KuzuDate: Thursday, 27/January/2011, 0:10:27 AM | Message # 213
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
Quote (Guzman)
I'm sure you realize this, but program autoruns do not need to be on for the program to function.

dont assume that i know something, dood! i forget/dont know/cant think about alot of shit!

Quote (Guzman)
I guess we are making progress though, as you've been posting many vids & commentary lately!

we are dood! and quite honestly, it wouldnt have been achieved without you, my cyber-lover.

i think my love of stats is always keeping me in-check. according to the math, my average time to render one minute of footage is now 14min, versus the 19min it used to take. so:
49min vs 66min render for 3.5min clip
60min vs 76min for 4min clip
1hr 40min vs 2hr 17min for 7min clip
2hr 30min vs 3hr 30min for 11min clip (untested)

anyways, the big trick/thing for me is to do commentaries on much shorter vids. reasons:
A. (thx for the comments on the new vids!) but i still CANT SPEAK. i hear myself not being able to enunciate simple words, and its very frustrating. if it were a lissssssttthhhhp or something, i would give myself a break. but its just ....AAAAARRRGGGGG. i cant pronounce shiT! especially things like "asks" or "subjected". ive lived apart from native english speakers for so long, so im losing my ability to speak. i r sad!
B. faster render times! (durr)
C. ppl dont want to sit thru long games. (nor long posts...?? lol)

Quote (Guzman)
It that all that's on? I'm not seeing a few services that should be there. Though it does look like you sorted by what's on before taking the screenshot... Either way, it's a start.

those are the ones which were on "automatic" or something similar. i sorted them by the 3rd column. i think the other 2 categories were "manual" and "disabled"? (japanese guesses)

Quote (Guzman)
22 Processes & 220MB RAM?

yes. is that strange? 22 thingies were running, mostly microsoft service thingies, and i significantly cut the RAM down by shutting down my firewall (- 400mb).

Quote (Guzman)
For the format thing, I'd just keep doing what you've been. Don't think there's any breakthrough info I can give...

yah. i probably dont have the patience to go do testing like u did. but if u happen to do more, i still would be interested in ur results for fastest render with least amount of quality loss.

and, THANKS AGAIN for taking time to help with all this shit! now go get KZ3 so we can play together.

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 27/January/2011, 8:20:02 AM | Message # 214
Our Sexy Leader
Kuzu, do you know how to attach other channels to sub to when people sub to you? I know I don't get many subs, but the ones I do, I'd like them to have the option of auto-subbing to both yours & duxy's channels. (^_-)b

GuzmanDate: Thursday, 27/January/2011, 3:44:47 PM | Message # 215
Lieutenant general
Quote (Kuzu)
dont assume that i know something, dood! i forget/dont know/cant think about alot of shit!

But there's plenty you do! But I'll continue to be as explanatory as possible.

Quote (Kuzu)
we are dood! and quite honestly, it wouldnt have been achieved without you, my cyber-lover.

So looking at your times they seem modest but are still substantial; Taking an hour off is awesome. It may be the best case scenario though.

I think you're being a little hard on yourself regarding the pronunciation bit. I've noticed you stumbling every so often, but nothing serious.

Quote (Kuzu)
those are the ones which were on "automatic" or something similar. i sorted them by the 3rd column. i think the other 2 categories were "manual" and "disabled"? (japanese guesses)

Ah, duh. You sorted by the "startup type" tab, rather than the "status" tab. So, you can disable the stuff I listed above, & couple others that are most likely on but were not in the screenshot:

Indexing Service: Indexes files for faster searching. If you don't search at all, or often, you can disable this.. (Disabled)
Print Spooler: Required for printers, otherwise can be disabled. (Disabled)

Quote (Kuzu)
yes. is that strange? 22 thingies were running, mostly microsoft service thingies, and i significantly cut the RAM down by shutting down my firewall (- 400mb).

A fresh Windows XP install has 18 Processes from the start. Once you install necessary stuff, you usually hit ~25 Processes. I'm surprised you got your processes down so low, but more surprised that you got your RAM to 220MB. I've got some stuff that doesn't 'need' to be on going, but for the most part only the essentials are on, & I'm @ 300MB.

Short Vers: I'm jealous. Good Job, Man! I figured you'd get to ~25-30 processes @ 400MB RAM.
& Holy shit does ZoneAlarm eat RAM! O_o

Quote (Kuzu)
yah. i probably dont have the patience to go do testing like u did. but if u happen to do more, i still would be interested in ur results for fastest render with least amount of quality loss.

and, THANKS AGAIN for taking time to help with all this shit! now go get KZ3 so we can play together.

I might. I've got another idea to try... Would you mind taking a raw recording of some of your footage (in .M2TS) & sending it to me? Something in the 2-3 Min range? I'd like to use your footage in particular to get the most accurate results possible.

& truly, It's no problem. I like doing this stuff, & helping a buddy out makes it doubly satisfying!
For KZ3.. I guess I'll have to huh. BO didn't last. Which was a major factor in getting it, to game w/ you nubbers.
>_<

Quote (redhamuSLA)
Kuzu, do you know how to attach other channels to sub to when people sub to you? I know I don't get many subs, but the ones I do, I'd like them to have the option of auto-subbing to both yours & duxy's channels. (^_-)b

Underlying meaning: And maybe you could do the same for me, so people who sub to you, could sub to me, & I could get more exposure? ^_-

Message edited by Guzman - Thursday, 27/January/2011, 3:50:22 PM

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 27/January/2011, 5:02:53 PM | Message # 216
Our Sexy Leader
Quote (Guzman)
Underlying meaning: And maybe you could do the same for me, so people who sub to you, could sub to me, & I could get more exposure? ^_-

LOL. No, no, no. Not necessary (why you murdering my implied requests?!). I don't know how he gets so many views, though! What a beast. (^_-)b Btw, when are you going to open up YOUR YT channel, dude?

I was actually thinking about starting another channel once I get HD up and running, w/out music. (Maybe we could do a dual-com to help me launch it?) Reason being that one of the guys I subbed to 'invidious_01' got his channel busted for copyright infringement or some shit. That's mad gay cuz iirc he only did that type of stuff in the beginning of his YT career. How much would it suck to get to Machinima and then busted? Ouch.

Kuzu, you don't have any copyrighted stuff, do you? If so, maybe you should remove it?

Also, you guys be talking hella tech stuff in here! I don't know WTF is going on, but might need it once I get things moving with the PVR, so thx for posting it up!

KuzuDate: Thursday, 27/January/2011, 6:58:02 PM | Message # 217
The Clan Elder
Quote (redhamuSLA)

i think all those in the sub box are automatically included (because i made a kuzuranger2 account, and i believe ur names popped up when i subbed to kuzu1).

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 27/January/2011, 7:52:09 PM | Message # 218
Our Sexy Leader
Oh! Well, that makes things simple!

*goes to look up the kuzuranger2 account*

Couldn't find it. LOL.

Also, have you thought about writing to Activision telling them that you'll never buy another one of their games unless they give is dedicated servers? I know it feels like it wouldn't make a difference, but maybe it would?

KuzuDate: Thursday, 27/January/2011, 10:27:44 PM | Message # 219
The Clan Elder
Quote (redhamuSLA)
I don't know how he gets so many views, though! What a beast.

re-read this thread, cuz i know ive posted up how i got so many views. basically, i tried some sub4sub sites, and it worked for a bit (probably got several hundred subs). i tried an site for view for views, and it got me probably a few dozen a day, per one video. THEN, what has really helped (though inconsistent?) is using "Reload Every" on firefox. i clearly remember posting a jpg of my first time using it; i got about 4000 views/day, compared to about 500/day before. but sometimes, even when i use it daily, i only get like 1k views. so im not sure if its working correctly.

and as u know, i got that HUGE FUCKOFF JACKPOT when i got 15K+ views for that ONE video. now, because of that, ppl will 99% definitely view that vid anytime it comes up in a search, because it is so much more popular than anyone else (besides machina vids). then, after they watch it, they may (i should say, they do) watch my related vids. this is why i get so many views for my Tinkerbell series (at least series1-3) because they are related.

also, u should take a look at some FAQs about how to get more views. it takes research, i didint just get these by sheer luck or doing nothing. i had to go get these views (or create them via resources). remember this though. TITLE > DESCRIPTION > TAGS in that order. the longer the title, with more keywords that u can handle, the better. tags in the description have more weight than tags in tagline.

Quote (redhamuSLA)

...dualcom...
Kuzu, you don't have any copyrighted stuff, do you? If so, maybe you should remove it?

w/Guz? w/me?
i DO have copyrighted stuff. my very first vid, 4 years ago, is banned in Germany (of all places) cuz i have a short track of Damian Marley - Welcome to Jamrock. i also have another caution video from RDR with 11min of classical music. (seriously.. give me a break!). but both are not "Strikes" to my knowledge. they are just copyright claimed, and "no other action is required on your part" is what YT says. but i will not be posting any more unprotected songs, thats for sure.

Quote (redhamuSLA)

Also, you guys be talking hella tech stuff in here! I don't know WTF is going on, but might need it once I get things moving with the PVR, so thx for posting it up!

im no smartie, but this stuff helps free up PC power, making shit smoother and faster. so its good to know when u need it.

Quote (redhamuSLA)
cant find it

yah i dunno whats up. i searched "kuzuranger2" and i saw 3 vids. i click on my name, and says "channel doesnt exist" (wtf?) and yet my wife uploaded 3 vids of our daughter (if u guys wanna see her).

KuzuDate: Thursday, 27/January/2011, 10:38:24 PM | Message # 220
The Clan Elder
OK. i got it.

when u sub to someone by clicking the very top Subscribe button on their channel, it WILL list whoever is in your sub box, then u can tick the other ppl u want to sub all at once.

but if u sub using the small box at the mid-left side of page, it will NOT list them.

almost positive the sub-friends will NOT show up if subbing directly from a video.

------------------
back to how i get so many subs. it takes work. since i using "reload every" i have got thousands of views. combine that with the Jackpot vid, and i would score hundreds of views a night, even if i did nothing (ie, naturally).

with that said though, take a look at some of my last MW2 vids. most of those are "naturally" in that i have done nothing to promote them, nor used any resources (reloading page, etc). some of those have like 25-50 views each....!! which is fucking pathetic. so that is amount i WOULD have if i didnt make an effort to get those views. so yah. takes work.

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 27/January/2011, 10:52:46 PM | Message # 221
Our Sexy Leader
Quote (Kuzu)
re-read this thread

15 fucking pages!

Quote (Kuzu)
"Reload Every" on firefox

What time limit do you have for this? I know it gives you like 5 sec reloads. You'd think YT would catch on to this.

Quote (Kuzu)
TITLE > DESCRIPTION > TAGS in that order. the longer the title, with more keywords that u can handle, the better. tags in the description have more weight than tags in tagline.

KK.

Quote (Kuzu)
w/me?

Si.

Quote (Kuzu)
OK. i got it.
when u SUBSCRIBE to someone by clicking the very top Subscribe button, it WILL list whoever is in your sub box, then u can tick the other ppl u want to sub all at once.

but if u sub using the small box at the mid-left side of page, it will NOT list them.

That's weird.

GuzmanDate: Saturday, 29/January/2011, 5:18:29 PM | Message # 222
Lieutenant general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
Btw, when are you going to open up YOUR YT channel, dude?

No idea. I was gonna do it for BO, but I quickly realized that finding a 'postable' game was very rare. Also I dislike the game. LOL.

Quote (redhamuSLA)
I was actually thinking about starting another channel once I get HD up and running, w/out music.

When is that gonna happen? It's been forever!

Quote (Kuzu)
yah i dunno whats up. i searched "kuzuranger2" and i saw 3 vids. i click on my name, and says "channel doesnt exist" (wtf?) and yet my wife uploaded 3 vids of our daughter (if u guys wanna see her).

LOL, she's an energetic little scamp!

Quote (Kuzu)
back to how i get so many subs. it takes work... so yah. takes work.

Does it take work?

Kuzu! Doing this compy related stuff got me in the mood to look @ getting a new PC. I had to re-familiarize myself w/ some of the stuff, but damn are they fast & cheap these days. Hoo. & those new i7s are really overclockable... I saw a forum thread the other day where the guy (w/ a beasty PC) was complaining about a 15Min render of a 10Min 1280*720 Vid...

Message edited by Guzman - Saturday, 29/January/2011, 5:19:15 PM

KuzuDate: Sunday, 30/January/2011, 6:55:07 PM | Message # 223
The Clan Elder
Quote (redhamuSLA)
What time limit do you have for this?

the first time i used it (and prob for like a week) i had like 10+ pages open, running at 5sec reloads. it makes ur computer basically unusable (which is not such a good thing if im at work...?) but that IS possible if ur going out. the only thing is, the more things u have open, the more likely it will be to crash. (crash as, the flash player or whatever crashes, and may not be reloading the pages). now i have about 5-6 pages reloading every 10 seconds, and i can use my PC fine. i would experiment and see how much ur PC can handle.

oh, and EVERY vid gets frozen around 300+ views. it just doesnt move (statistically) for days. its something with YT.

i did go back and fix one of my "copyright claim" vids. i replaced the audio; put Mozart to replace the old Mozart i had... (used the YT audio swap thing) so thats all good now.

KuzuDate: Thursday, 03/February/2011, 2:35:32 AM | Message # 224
The Clan Elder
Quote (Guzman)
No idea. I was gonna do it for BO, but I quickly realized that finding a 'postable' game was very rare.

... come on... ur telling me, in all ur time owning (what do u have, 2.5+ KD?) u never had a "postable" game?? paaaleeeeeeze? what are ur standards>> going 80-0, run n gun, plus completing every objective?!?! ur only human, goober. do u have a perfectionist disease, perhaps?

Quote (Guzman)
Would you mind taking a raw recording of some of your footage (in .M2TS) & sending it to me? Something in the 2-3 Min range? I'd like to use your footage in particular to get the most accurate results possible.

i think uve asked me to do this about 4 times now?? and i keep forgetting. ill probably forget a few more times.

Quote (Guzman)
I think you're being a little hard on yourself regarding the pronunciation bit.

not that i was ever well-spoken, but finding myself in this stage of incoherency, combined with my actual loss of the English language, truly makes one feel like an uneducated schmuck (not that i have anything against ppl who didnt finish their education). its just berry berry frustrating; like my mouth doesnt work the way its supposed to. actually kinda surprised none of the haters have caught onto this fact yet.

Quote (Guzman)
Good Job, Man! I figured you'd get to ~25-30 processes @ 400MB RAM.

basically, i think i just messed around, and closed any/all applications except for like explorer or things i knew would make my Pc crash. then if it replied with a *beep!* and error message, i knew i couldnt disable that process. trial and error i guess.

Quote (redhamuSLA)
How much would it suck to get to Machinima and then busted? Ouch.

TBH, i think machinima gets away with the most blatant copyright infringements. they dont use audio, but they allow every type of game to be played, discussed, and reviewed in depth. this goes beyond the "fair use" clause, as far as i know. (but that is still a grey area). so i think u could have ur regular YT channel removed, but still go strong on Machinima IMO.

GuzmanDate: Friday, 04/February/2011, 1:24:59 AM | Message # 225
Lieutenant general
Quote (Kuzu)
... come on... ur telling me, in all ur time owning (what do u have, 2.5+ KD?) u never had a "postable" game?? paaaleeeeeeze? what are ur standards>> going 80-0, run n gun, plus completing every objective?!?! ur only human, goober. do u have a perfectionist disease, perhaps?

To be completely honest here, this is the only game that I feel K/D has zero meaning. For me anyway. I might have a 2.5KD, but I'm not a 2.5KD player. In-game issues may contribute, but still. Regarding what I'd post, I don't care about high kill games. (I never got them anyway) Basically,your team either dominates, or gets dominated. Either way, I never made any meaningful contribution to the win, I felt. there's no getting in the baddies' faces & mopping them all up, or fighting the odds & pulling your total crap team to victory. COD has no aspects I feel are worth caring about. Also, Killstreaks. They artificially inflate your stats. I told red awhile back, that I had a 24-0 Sniper game... but I got ~5-6 kills w/ it. The others came from dropped weaps + CG. That doesn't count IMO.

Going back to the KD thing, In every other game it accurately reflected what I was capable of. Sure, you have a bad game here & there, but for the most part, you are a 3KD player or w/e. Doing 1KD/1KD/12KD doesn't mean you are a 4.5KD player in COD. It's dumb.

Quote (Kuzu)
i think uve asked me to do this about 4 times now?? and i keep forgetting. ill probably forget a few more times.

The other times I asked it was more of a 'if you wanna' kinda thing, but this time I'm actually requesting it if you want me to look further into it. Your call, of course. Should I keep bugging you, lest you forget? lol.

Quote (Kuzu)
not that i was ever well-spoken, but finding myself in this stage of incoherency, combined with my actual loss of the English language, truly makes one feel like an uneducated schmuck (not that i have anything against ppl who didnt finish their education). its just berry berry frustrating; like my mouth doesnt work the way its supposed to. actually kinda surprised none of the haters have caught onto this fact yet.

I think it's probably due to the fact that you're speaking alone, & though a mic. IDK, but for me, I communicate much better when speaking in person. If it can be avoided, I stay away from the phone/mic/w/e. Disembodied voices though me off I guess.

That response wasn't all that related huh? Still, from a vocab standpoint, you're good. Honest!

Message edited by Guzman - Friday, 04/February/2011, 1:26:34 AM

Forum » Mess Hall » User-Generated Stuff » KuzuRanger's HOT VIDS
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024