Main | KuzuRanger's HOT VIDS - Page 7 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Mess Hall » User-Generated Stuff » KuzuRanger's HOT VIDS
KuzuRanger's HOT VIDS
KuzuDate: Sunday, 05/September/2010, 8:03:53 PM | Message # 91
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
never annoying guz. ask away any time.

so far, im playing either casual or normal modes. casual is complete lock on, and its very generous as u can see. normal is also lock on, but its not a wide "spread" to get that first lock, and it loses the lock easier. so im always going ADS to try to lock on ANYOne. whenever u see a red reticule, that means u are locked on (though it may stay red, and lock on, when a guy goes into a room, behind cover, so its not completely accurate...)

the most important thing in this game are the weapons. almost on every game, u will succeed if and only if u get weapon upgrades (from the boxes, ala R1). for example, a starting gun may be a schofield revolver. semi powerful, but slow as hell. if u get a semi-auto pistol, u can kill 3 ppl in the same time it takes to fire 3 bullets from the schofield. so thats one reason it looks easy. a powerful wep against a weak wep will always win out.

no hit confirmation. i have no idea when im kiilling someone, i just keep firing.

yes. sometimes u kill in 2 shots (or even one, if HS). most of the repeaters (large clip rifles) are very weak. most seem to take 3-5shots, or 2 HS. but there are times ive shot 10 times at a guy, and did not kill him (far distance, but i was getting some dmg). so the times when u see me kill in 2 vs 5 is either the power of the weapon, getting headshots, or just good 'ol LAG.

lag is very weird in this game. im not over exaggerating when i say that more than 1/2 of my games are against Euro players: i never play against them even in bad situations in MW1 or MW2. but sometimes it seems like i dont lag, others i see a guy shoot twice when hes still in his roll. every time i see my connection (ala cell phone connection "bars" in MW1/2) i always see everyone at 1 out of 5 bars. yet some games i still do well.

i dont think there is a way to switch view perspective. when u get behind cover, u can look a bit left/right, like a lean button, but i hardly use that.

KuzuDate: Sunday, 05/September/2010, 8:06:47 PM | Message # 92
The Clan Elder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk9-drHY4qw
one of my best games. start off run/gun, then go complete camper behind a rock!

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 05/September/2010, 9:20:54 PM | Message # 93
Our Sexy Leader
I thought you COULD switch shoulders...(can't remember how, though)

Kuzu, do you know when the locators come on over people's heads in this game & maybe how to make sure yours doesn't? I never understood that.

KuzuDate: Sunday, 05/September/2010, 9:51:02 PM | Message # 94
The Clan Elder
ok i misunderstood what u said.
yes, u can switch shoulders. u can do this (100% sure) when behind cover.
it would make sense that u can do it at any time as well.
u can look behind u instantly by pressing L3 as well, though i sometimes hit this by mistake and completely miss the target in front of me.

the mechanics of third-person view are still very new to me, not to mention awkward. but since i use noob aiming, i dont notice my own player as much and instead just focus on scanning for enemies (and lock-ons). i still hardly ever use cover, unless im camping for an extended period. i need to make myself use cover for short 2 second periods; run > duck > cover > fire > run > duck > cover > fire. this would be an ideal pattern, however i usually just run > fire or cover > fire in a predictable pattern.

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 07/September/2010, 3:05:01 AM | Message # 95
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
Thanks For The Info, Kuzu. The Wep Deal Makes Sense, Though You Seem To Generally Kill The Opposing Guy Regardless. Except In Those Strange Circumstances Where They Just Refuse To Die. I Guess It's Lag, But In The One Vid, You Got The Guy Multiple Times w/o A Prob. The Hit Detection Deal Is A Kinda Lame IMO. I Prefer It When It's Obvious, Like Resi. Hit Markers In CoD Work, As Unexciting As They Are. But Not Knowing Is Just A Bit Eh. I Guess w/ The Generous AA It's OK Though.

TBH, If You Want My Opinion, I Think You're Doing Fine. Cover Is Nigh Worthless. I'm Drawing All This Advice From UC2, So It May Not Directly Apply, But I Typically Used It When: Hiding Or When Faced w/ Multiple Enemies. Gunning A Guy Down 1v1 Is Easier w/o It, (& You've Shown It's NP for Ya) & It Just Slows You Down. Concealing Yourself & Providing Extra "Armor" When You'd Definitely Be Killed Otherwise Are It's Uses IMO. Maybe Also For Blind Firing If Enemy Is Close Too, If That Can Be Done In RDR.

If You Want Suggestions, I'd Roll More (Esp If Shot In The Back, Maybe Shakes AA?) & Swivel The Camera Around Instead Of Looking Straight Ahead All The Time. (Maybe Not As Important As You've Got The Minimap Around To Help Out.)

& @ 9:11 In This Vid Is Probably This Best Example Of When To Change Shoulders.

I Gotta Say Though, The Close Range Pistol Battles Looke Really Awesome; The Sound & Feel Look Perfect!

Message edited by Guzman - Tuesday, 07/September/2010, 3:26:20 AM

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 07/September/2010, 4:30:08 AM | Message # 96
The Clan Elder
good advice.
on the more open maps, ur right, its probably enough just to run n gun. but on the smaller ones, there are lots of boxes, crates, wagons, rocks, fences to hide behind, so it would help out more if stayed behind cover.

i probably should be rolling more. the reason i dont do it more often is that its not instantaneous. in order to do it, i have to press aim, press thumb stick, and hit the jump button about 3-5 times before it rolls. it never happens on just one-button press. so this obviously eats up precious time, when i could be firing instead of just exposing myself for those extra seconds. but yes, when u get fired upon, the roll will break the auto-aim.

about the vid (9:11) im not sure what u mean. i was on the rooftop, directly over the guy on the ground. since he was hugging the wall, i would have had a worse view on him by changing shoulder views, no? could u explain what u mean?

i love the feel of this game. its really dirty and gritty. true western style. i personally love how the shotty feels and sounds. though im not great at it, ill try to post up specific gun-type games.

oh, and i always run straight ahead! i know its dumb; its a noob habit of mine. ill try to swivel my nizzle fo' shizzle!

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 07/September/2010, 11:58:12 PM | Message # 97
Lieutenant general
Well, I Haven't Played Firsthand, So All This May Be Irrelevant. Cover Does Seem More Useful Than UC2, Though. (Pre-Patch Anyway)

Quote (Kuzu)
i probably should be rolling more. the reason i dont do it more often is that its not instantaneous. in order to do it, i have to press aim, press thumb stick, and hit the jump button about 3-5 times before it rolls. it never happens on just one-button press. so this obviously eats up precious time, when i could be firing instead of just exposing myself for those extra seconds. but yes, when u get fired upon, the roll will break the auto-aim.

Geez. Why Is It So Complicated?

Uh, About The Shoulder Thing. IDK How Well I Can Explain This, But Say You're Aiming As You Were The Whole Game, & Approached The Same Ledge On The Roof. Then, Staring Straight Down @ The Roof Your Perspective Would Mostly Show The Roof. You'd Have To Get Really Close To The Edge To Be Able To Shoot Anyone, & Might Fall Off In The Process. If That Guy Hadn't Backed Away From The Wall, You Probably Couldn't Got Him. But By Changing Shoulders/Perspectives, It Wouldnt Matter How Close To The Wall He Got, As Your Viewpoint Is Focused On The Left Side Of The Screen, Rather Than Right.

Hopefully That Makes Some Sense.

Quote (Kuzu)
i love the feel of this game. its really dirty and gritty. true western style. i personally love how the shotty feels and sounds. though im not great at it, ill try to post up specific gun-type games

Do It, Dude! Some Shotty Action Would Be Killer!

Message edited by Guzman - Wednesday, 08/September/2010, 0:00:16 AM

KuzuDate: Thursday, 09/September/2010, 9:27:19 AM | Message # 98
The Clan Elder
still havent confirmed the lean/shoulder thing yet. ill get to it, someday.

red, im still very, very confused as to when u show up on radar and what the symbols (inside the circle, representing a player) mean.
in one of my vids not yet posted, i creeped up to a guy i thought was camping in the barn. turns out, he was AFK the whole time. took me 4 fire bottles on a stationary target to kill him! lol. but, he was showing up on the radar...yet didnt move, jump, or fire at all... so wtf is that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6m3Jte_mDg
FFA lost out just barely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaHZxYZPsW8
TDM 18-0 snipey snipe.

KuzuDate: Friday, 10/September/2010, 0:29:53 AM | Message # 99
The Clan Elder
saw this on RDR forums, randomly. but if true, very very helpful tip:

One important tip. If u're getting respawn killed is because u hit the "respawn now" button. Don't do it, everyone will see your blip. Just wait for normal respawn and nobody will see you.

this might explain why the AFKer showed up on radar.. but then again, why hit respawn just to sit there and do nothing?

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 11/September/2010, 3:19:51 PM | Message # 100
Our Sexy Leader
Quote (Kuzu)
saw this on RDR forums, randomly. but if true, very very helpful tip:
One important tip. If u're getting respawn killed is because u hit the "respawn now" button. Don't do it, everyone will see your blip. Just wait for normal respawn and nobody will see you.
this might explain why the AFKer showed up on radar.. but then again, why hit respawn just to sit there and do nothing?

Oooooh! That's what they meant. The way the game phrases it is that if you *hold* the respawn button, you will show. I see. I can't remember. How long does it take for the game to auto-respawn you?

KuzuDate: Saturday, 11/September/2010, 11:44:32 PM | Message # 101
The Clan Elder
not very long. even if u spam X and try to respawn ASAP, waiting it out takes like 1 second longer.
the way i understood it (before) was that if u tap X AFTEr being respawn to start running, u will show up on radar.

though, this doesnt clear up alot of other things im still confused about. when i have been laying low, no running/shooting/climbing/respawn, just kinda lowkey and lets say, behind a tall wall typing to one of u guys, how is it that guys know where i am and climb over a wall to kill me while incapacitated. they KNOW im there, its not just a *oh lucky me, a guy is sitting there* thing.

2 new vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFW1W6gW5B0
rifle action Grab the Bag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw-eAgCrOy0
semi-auto pistol Gold Rush

GuzmanDate: Saturday, 18/September/2010, 4:00:11 AM | Message # 102
Lieutenant general
.................So Everyone's Too Damn Busy Playing Reach, Huh?

But Yeah Kuzu, I'd Just Try The Should Switch Thing Out In-Game. Best Way To Test It Out.

Message edited by Guzman - Saturday, 18/September/2010, 4:01:47 AM

GuzmanDate: Saturday, 25/September/2010, 5:00:22 AM | Message # 103
Lieutenant general
Gang Shootout "Back Off"

It's A "Molotov Cocktail, Not A "Fire Bottle."

-_-

Good Stuff Buddy. Got A Little Annotation Crazy Huh? I Liked The Beast Mode Followed by The Climb Fail, LOL.

Message edited by Guzman - Saturday, 25/September/2010, 5:06:41 AM

KuzuDate: Sunday, 26/September/2010, 3:10:55 AM | Message # 104
The Clan Elder
lol yes technically it is a molotov. but i guess for copyright reasons they had to say fire bottle. thats whats in the game.

and yah, this was my most annotated vid to date. i actually feel i put more useful information in these RDR vids than i ever did while commentating MW2 vids. aint that a trip?

GuzmanDate: Monday, 27/September/2010, 1:40:56 AM | Message # 105
Lieutenant general
Well, MW2 Was & Is Heavily Discussed, While RDR Not As Much. & You Can Only Improve, Too, Right? Which I Think You Are.

So Nah, Not A Stretch IMO.

I'm Kinda Considering Joining You Guys On The Commentary Front, But Honestly I Think Finding Topics To Talk About Can Be Difficult, Especially After A While. The Main Problem w/ The New Commentators Is That They Never Bring Anything New To The Table. If You Can Find Stuff To Talk About That You Genuinely Like/Are Passionate About, Sprinkle Some Tips Here & There, While Maintaining A Unique Flavor, It'd Probably Go Over Well.

I'm Hardly Qualified To Give Tips, Though. Still, It's All I'm Offering ATM, Kuzu!

Message edited by Guzman - Monday, 27/September/2010, 1:41:20 AM

Forum » Mess Hall » User-Generated Stuff » KuzuRanger's HOT VIDS
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024