[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Battlefield » Battlefield 3
Battlefield 3
KuzuDate: Tuesday, 21/June/2011, 4:30:04 AM | Message # 46
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
list of "what we know so far about BF3"
http://krazyxazn.wordpress.com/2011....ed-6811

some interesting tidbits about the game and how it may be developing.

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 21/June/2011, 12:50:59 PM | Message # 47
Major general
Group: Moderators
Kuzu, we did play as a team for the most part in Killzone 2. Who knows, that trend might have continued if the clan got Killzone 3.

GuzmanDate: Saturday, 25/June/2011, 0:40:35 AM | Message # 48
Lieutenant general
LIFESHOT!!!

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 29/June/2011, 11:54:34 PM | Message # 49
The Clan Elder
just to add some more jibber jabber as i havent contributed much to the forums lately.

Assault - gets AR and med capabilities (probably health packs and defib)
Engineer - SMG (though heard rumors they get AR too) with anti-vehicle equip + repair ability
Support - LMG with ammo kits
Sniper - durr? + C4 (not sure what is happening to motion sensor balls) i read that snipers can call in UAVs, does that mean it cant be used by regular players? maybe an ability upgrade?

i think its probably a good idea to switch things up like they did and not get stuck with the same pattern. i have no real complaints with this, except that noobies will pick up the LMG with unlimited refills and go to town. but that doesnt mean they will be doing well. i also dont like that they made sniping like COD; they put in heavy sway and force the player to hold breath. i think they are trying to discourage ppl from choosing sniper characters, which is a good principle, but i dont like the actual limitations themselves.

very excited to get this game, not because of blah blah effects or features or whatever. i just want to play a decent game that is enjoyed by a large crowd, with dedicated servers, and hopefully a fair amount of buddies playing it. should be alot of fun.

BETA should be coming sometime in Sept. and full release sometime in Oct.

GuzmanDate: Thursday, 30/June/2011, 5:46:27 PM | Message # 50
Lieutenant general
So when we gonna see ya on the UC3 Beta, Kuz?

Message edited by Guzman - Thursday, 30/June/2011, 5:46:42 PM

KuzuDate: Monday, 04/July/2011, 4:31:37 AM | Message # 51
The Clan Elder
other tidbits (not sure if i said them before):

-squad members can only spawn on squad leader (leader can choose anyone though)
this is great because it makes the game have meaning. its not just a "random spawn" like every-other game out there. u have to make a choice; spawn on the leader who may be under fire? spawn safely at base, but have to travel a long distance? this also makes the leader much more important. his poor choices or smart decisions may likely be the deciding factor in who takes objectives and wins the game. awesome feature (if i actually play with a friend or 2!)

-prone is possible, but will take longer to lie down / get up
DICE always balances everything. they let u go prone to have more fun, aim better, and hide easier. but it will take longer to go in/out of that position, plus see the next feature below.

-can be spotted by scopes reflection of the sun to counter prone/snipers/camping
wow. fantastic feature. (hopefully it makes it semi-useful to spot enemies even at a great distance). when i heard of this, i immediately thought of "the professional" when leon is teaching natalie portman to fire a sniper rifle. he tells her "never open the scope until you are absolutely ready to fire". if the game makes it like this.. that would be fantastic for countering snipers and campers.

-"suppressing fire" is a new feature: laying heavy fire near an enemy will make their screen blurry / shake
another very interesting feature, and probably the most noticeable. this is going to cause more havoc and make it harder for anyone to get out of places alive when taking fire. this is such a realistic feature, and one i never even thought of, but it really makes sense. in real life, u would be shitting in yo pants if taking heavy fire, which would equate to less accurate firing and less hightened senses since u are focusing on not dying. i like this change!

-LMGs come with bipods which can be mounted for better accuracy
this feature is not new to FPS, as other games im sure had it (Crysis 2 is one i know of). its not a deal-breaker in my mind. hopefully kids wont abuse the endless ammo + bipod trick, but even if they do, they are likely gonna be noobs with poor aim. so a quick flank will take them out even easier, since they will be immobilized with their bipod in the ground. i will, of course, try it out since i do still like LMGs and putting on the hurt.

-clan feature will now be included
not really sure i care, since i first need to convince my clanmates to play it!

-3 attachment slots
not sure of the details, but it seems you can upgrade your weapon with 3 attachments, right from the get-go. you dont need "perks" like warlord to do so; everyone has this ability. also, the "perk" magnum which is added damage, has been removed. so there will be lots of combinations of weapons/perks to play around with to get just what youre looking for.

-BF3 supposedly caters to tactical, lone wolf, hard core and new fans to the series
i heard that EA was going to spend 100 million just in marketing for this game. meh, i hope they spend more time on making the final product better, rather than just compare specs and use politics to gain appeal. in the end, i still think this game will be funking phenominal, as long as you have 1-2 buddies to play with. getting excited?

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 05/July/2011, 11:46:14 AM | Message # 52
Major general
That LMG thing is putting me off from the game. I've had it with people and their damn LMG's.

The spawn system is nothing new, games have been doing that or something similar to it since the early 2000's, or even late 90's. I know you didn't say it was new or anything, but I thought I should point it out.

I don't think you need clan members to get this game. Hell, I was the only one in the clan who got MAG and played it continuously, yet I still enjoyed it and made some new friends in killer clans. Think of it this way, if some of the clan members get it and hate it, yet still play it; and you join them. It will ruin the experience for you.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 05/July/2011, 8:36:08 PM | Message # 53
The Clan Elder
niv: yah i agree, and think more ppl will use the support class LMG since it has the bipod and ammo ability. although, if more ppl use these, they will not be able to push for the objective since they will be camping in one spot. like i said, a good flanker should be able to wreak havoc as a counter measure. or a good sniper, heck even a crappy one, would be able to get headshots for days on these noobs just sitting stuck in their one spot. so im not that worried about it. there are still plenty of vehicles, rocket launchers, and other goodies to make them think about sitting still for so long.

additionally, i think more ppl will be using the assualt class as well. getting an AR and the choice of either health packs or grenade launcher means it can be offensive or defensive, or a combo of both. very versatile. i see myself using all the classes, whereas in BFBC2 i used the sniper in beginning (to pitiful results) then used either assault/engy predominately. i hope ppl will split up when choosing classes. all are important, and all should be great fun.

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 05/July/2011, 9:06:13 PM | Message # 54
Major general
Kuzu, yes, it will be easy to flank them, but if DICE has the same algorithm for LMG's that was seen in BC2, then it can be disastrous. The LMG in that game is ludicrous, too many people running around sniping with it.

The Assault class will be my go to class especially since it acts as a medic as well.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 05/July/2011, 11:38:42 PM | Message # 55
The Clan Elder
yah same for me. assault class will be my go-to as it was in BC2.
engineer is my 2nd, for when i want to roll in a tank or accompany someone and repair. but it was also fun to take out enemy tanks and troops with my launcher. haha.
sniper, as always, is one of my favorite classes but also the least rewarding, in the sense that i guess i suck with it and dont kill enough. spotting is necessary but its just not as satisfying as getting kills. thats my greed speaking outloud.
support class does seem interesting though. i do like LMGs even though they are automatically labelled noob guns. maybe ill put on an alternate weapon (like a semi-auto rifle in BC2) with this class and go on the attack.

KuzuDate: Thursday, 14/July/2011, 7:59:29 PM | Message # 56
The Clan Elder
Quote (Massively reviewer)

Rubi Bayer: The Battlefield 3 trailer. I know nothing about Battlefield 3, have no interest whatsoever in playing it, and am not even entirely sure if there's a Battlefield 1 or 2, but every time EA showed this trailer on the giant screen I was riveted -- could not tear myself away. When someone who couldn't care less about the game stops to watch it at every opportunity and then looks it up online when she gets home so she can watch it more, you've done something very, very, very right.

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 21/July/2011, 12:53:10 PM | Message # 57
Major general
Multiplayer montage from IGN:
(edited by Kuzu: see trailers below for HD quality)

I've been playing BC2 lately and it's a fun game, but I don't think it deserved all the praise that it got. For one thing, the game is far from being balanced, and at times I get sniped from quite a distance away with a shotgun. But, the game is still a blast even with playing with strangers.

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 21/July/2011, 12:56:07 PM | Message # 58
Major general
Some more multiplayer footage/information:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-11-battlefield-3/717725
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-11-battlefield-3/717719

KuzuDate: Thursday, 21/July/2011, 11:32:14 PM | Message # 59
The Clan Elder
thx for the vids niva. though ive seen all that footage in one form or another. wish they'd put out some more MP footage on other maps.

of course this is just my opinion, but i think BC2 is 5x more balanced than most other recent FPS games. there are so many ways to die, and everything has a counter. and they will continue this for BF3 so im excited.

about the shotties: when u think about how big the maps are (fuck-off huge!) and realize that snipers can kill from hundreds of meters away, i think giving the shotgun a longer effective range is being balanced. if not, shotguns could and would only be used in very close quarters. also, i think that only applies when you have one of the perks (sry forgot the name) that gives shotgun pellets less spread and travel farther. personally, i think they need to do things like that to make it so not everyone picks a sniper rifle. i love sniping, and BC2 with its huge maps make it so much fun to just get lost in the landscape and snipe. but its detrimental to the overall flow of the game when they dont help the team at all. i love it and hate it, lol.

in BF3 as u heard, they will give snipers more sway, must hold breath, and they will have lens glare.

i want to hear your guys opinions on whats really holding you back about this game, because vehicles should not be the main (only) reason. there are many maps in BC2 that vehicles play no part, either because they are too small, just not included, or ineffective for the terrain. things like TDM if i remember correctly, only have one mid-size tank which is basically a death trap since ppl just put C4 on it and wait for someone to climb inside. even if u get in, fighting a small squad in TDM is not effective in a tank. its really only used for the beginning rounds on fuck-off big OBJ maps, but even then the map splits into other levels (2-3 more times) so you may very well only use vehicles in 1-2 sub-sections of the map.

i just want to find out what is holding you guys back. is it that you guys really just like the arcade style constant run n gun aspect? or what else is there?

nivasan6Date: Friday, 22/July/2011, 12:21:56 PM | Message # 60
Major general
Kuzu, I did some reading on BF3, and it seems that the console versions will be imo shitty. They reduced practically everything so that it could "perform well" on the consoles. I wouldn't mind if the consoles are limited to only adhere to what they have laid out, but I'm pretty sure that the PS3 can have most of the effects from the PC version while still running at either 30 or 60fps. I really want the game especially since if you pre-order it you get the expansion pack for free which includes my favorite maps from BF2.

I know that there is a perk for the shotgun which replaces the slug shells with some other sort of shell, but it's getting old getting sniped by a shotgun. I only play hardcore mode, and damage is supposedly high, a shotgun blast from far away should not kill me. Especially since they are using the other shell which has reduced damage. Anyway, I've been getting into some terrible matches where one team just sucks and it turns into a base camping. I was on a team where they just didn't cared, and in turn there were three helicopters camping our base.

I hope they aren't taking the same approach with BF3 as they did with BC2. I just want BF3 to be an updated version of BF2. BF2 is one of the most balanced competitive fps's that I have ever played. Now, with that being said some aspects in BF2 are a bit overpowering such as the jets, but really that's only a problem if good pilots are using them.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Battlefield » Battlefield 3
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024