[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Battlefield 3 - Page 5 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Battlefield » Battlefield 3
Battlefield 3
KuzuDate: Friday, 22/July/2011, 8:08:15 PM | Message # 61
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
niva, i can respect your hesitations about the console version, but i think for the rest of us its not even a point of consideration. u are comparing the systems, and if thats the case surely the PS3 will be a let down. but from the perspective of, "what FPS game on the PS3 will be well-rounded and hold my interest for the longest time" then i have to say BF3 is one of the leading contenders. meh. but i really dont know! i keep giving bc2 a chance, and go through the things you said. but mostly i feel its the lag. i never see any japanese players, and mostly get in seemingly Euro servers. so its not a fair fight, and i hate being disadvantaged like that. the problem is that im finding things NOT to like about every game, to the point where i feel less and less satisfaction.

nivasan6Date: Friday, 22/July/2011, 9:32:15 PM | Message # 62
Major general
Group: Moderators
I just wish all multiplayer games have a server list. That would make everyone happy as they can pick a particular server to join instead of wishing to get into a good match/server. That's one of my main gripes with online games now especially on consoles. I don't understand why developers purposely leave out server lists for consoles, but they have them for PC. Matchmaking in games is terrible, and I have yet to experience a game where the matchmaking system is good. I keep getting put into the same match regardless of game. I leave matches for various reasons, and when I try to join another match, it sends me back to the one I left. That's one of the main reasons why the PC version is enticing me: server lists. I will gladly get it for PS3 if DICE can "manage" to put server lists on the PS3 version. As you can tell I hate matchmaking, lol.

Kuzu, I wasn't comparing the systems, but rather complaining the direction that DICE is taking with the console versions. I feel that they are purposely downgrading the PS3 version just so that the 360 and PS3 versions are "identical" or comparable. We all know that the PS3 is superior especially in hardware. I wasn't comparing the PS3 with the PC.

The lag in BC2 is ridiculous, one match I was in a hectic tank battle and my shots were registering about 5 seconds after making contact, thus making me lose the battle. I'm mainly playing it again to try and get some trophies. If you're still playing it, I will try and join you. But, I don't have the Vietnam DLC. I feel that the Vietnam DLC looks as if it plays better than the actual game. I would get it, but I can't justify paying that much for it when I barely even play the game.

On a side note, I've been terrible at BC2. My KDR dropped to about .9, lol. I don't really care anyway, but I do find it amusing. One match I went 8-20, almost a new personal best worst performance on my end, lol.

KuzuDate: Friday, 22/July/2011, 11:54:00 PM | Message # 63
The Clan Elder
dude i know how that feels. ive had my worst games while playing BC2. my KD is one full point less than it was in Black Ops. yah i care much less in this game too as long as i fight for the win. but in some ways i do miss going on big streaks and getting big numbers.

IMO the Vietnam pack is pretty frikken dope. the music alone is all classic stuff from the 60s. it plays in loudspeakers and vehicles and it really sets the mood. makes it feel legit. the player models (graphics) are actually worse, for whatever reason. the snipers literally look like their eyeballs are bursting from their sockets, like out of some Guiness world record. but the map designs are fabulous. they are very well laid out. they have some with dense jungles. some with old broken temples. some with lots of bamboo, rice paddies, and ditches. some with burned down mountain sides. really feels authentic, which is exactly what im looking for. i could care less about modern cities, buildings, and whatever. playing in nature, with maps like this, makes the game feel like real guerilla warfare. but yah 15$ is steep especially if u dont want to play the game all the time!

KuzuDate: Monday, 25/July/2011, 11:41:42 PM | Message # 64
The Clan Elder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0djf23itXAA

new video. u can really get a feel for the graphics.
though this guy is basically playing extremely conservatively so dont expect to see run & gun. what you see is a good BF player, taking cover behind a wall/bunker and knowing when to pop up for the kill. its not your typical "run, flank, rape" strategy but he still moves around alot later on, getting position advantage and coming at them from the side unexpected. u can see he didnt even face any vehicles (outside). and then moved underground so obviously there are none down in the subway/tunnels.

KuzuDate: Monday, 25/July/2011, 11:52:07 PM | Message # 65
The Clan Elder
http://www.youtube.com/profile....57cTJBQ

montage from the same guy. just a few different weapons. you can see that panic punching is not part of the game. i believe you can a normal stab (2 to kill) or switch manually for the Killzone2-ish animated knife kill as he does a few times.

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 28/July/2011, 1:00:44 PM | Message # 66
Major general
I just got into the Alpha Trial!

Sorry, I can't give out any information, screen shots, videos, etc... As this is an exclusive Pre Beta Trial, and is only available via invitation. It's only for PC as well.

Message edited by nivasan6 - Thursday, 28/July/2011, 1:01:00 PM

KuzuDate: Thursday, 28/July/2011, 8:03:38 PM | Message # 67
The Clan Elder
its ok niva. i saw a few good vids from the alpha before they pulled them down, so im even more excited for this game. i have decided, this is what im getting.

from the looks as well as some commentators review, BF3 controls will be slightly more similar to COD (ie more responsive, faster) than they were to BC2 (slower, more sluggish). also, from what i can see on the weapons, especially ARs, recoil is much reduced compared to BC2. they fire more like.. well, in COD. im liking what i saw very much.

nivasan6Date: Friday, 29/July/2011, 12:30:01 PM | Message # 68
Major general
I don't want to start anything, and I have a lot of respect for you.

Judging from what you said, it seems that you prefer cod. I've been hearing that Battlefield 3 is basically Bad Company 3 which I hate. They could have and should have just released Battlefield 3 as an HD remake of Battlefield 2. That would please all the fans especially their main fanbase, which they should be dedicated too because people not in that fanbase will not contribute anything to the franchise.

So far, I'm not liking any of these changes to the franchise, this would be acceptable if were called Battlefield: Bad Company 3, but it isn't and they are essentially ruining the beloved franchise for their core fans. I guess I'm probably not picking this game up anytime soon.

KuzuDate: Friday, 29/July/2011, 1:49:43 PM | Message # 69
The Clan Elder
up until tonight, i had never had a good connection. (im not sure if trying to link my EA account to my PSN account was what did it). im not in the mood to argue. my comments are not only made toward you niva. they are meant for others in this clan who may be more likely to pick up BF3 since it might be changing in that COD direction slightly. oh so yah i finally had a good connection, so i could finally land my shots and my KD was probably +.50 to +1.00 from my average. and i was playing vietnam, which is really a fucking cool set of maps. i much prefer natural settings over dense buildings. so i had likely my most fun night ever playing BC2. also met some cool japanese guys, buddied one, and though we both didnt use mics (hey its past midnight for us) we played very well off of each other. but BEFORE tonight, (which was when i always connected literally 1/2 way around the world to other regional servers) i was obviously lagging, my shots werent hitting, and therefore controls/firing seemed very sluggish (which they were). IF servers are good like they were tonight, i would have no complaints with keeping things similar in BF3.

but i really dont see why you need to get so upset to hear me say the controls and weapons fire a little quicker/smoother than in BC2. i dont prefer COD. its that i have played 3 COD games, with probably over 150K kills online. its that im used to COD controls, good or bad, so its hard for me to find games like Killzone 2 enjoyable because of that big timing difference. i understand you like it, and thats great. i never played BF2 either, but since they are making BF3 it for all 3 systems, and since they have specifically said one of their main goals is to eliminate COD as the top selling game, they had to make changes to suit a greater audience. im not saying i condone capitalistic rationales, but i understand it.

you have to remember that BF have huge maps. allowing for a slightly quicker turning speed is not making much of a difference if a great deal of your time is still spent traveling across the map. the core aspect of the game is still to work together, push up the map, and take the objective. its not a solo rambo-style run and gun game. if they made all maps much smaller, put in ridiculous abusable perks, and put killstreaks in the game then i would say you are absolutely right to hate it. i watched videos, some of a pretty good player, but even still he wasnt going around flanking everyone and getting massive kills going rambo. he was ducking behind cover, hitting prone, taking pot shots, then moving to a new location. in short, he was playing smart considering its such a big map. i didnt see anything related to COD in that, except maybe you have less sluggish controls and less recoil on the guns.

i just had someone else tell me tonight that no skill is needed to play normal-mode BC2 (compared to hardcore) and that its a twitch shooter. couldnt be any more wrong. but whatever. everyone has something to gripe about, im no exception.

i am very much looking forward to BF3. and now that i may be able to finally enjoy BC2 fully, it gives me even more incentive to continue supporting the series. a team game, without cheap killstreaks, where strategy is needed to win. im loving it.

nivasan6Date: Friday, 29/July/2011, 2:49:07 PM | Message # 70
Major general
I wasn't trying to start an argument, or arguing for that matter. I guess I just had a misinterpretation of your points.

My reactions to the changes are based solely on me being a core fan of a true Battlefield game, and the changes they are making are not being true to the Battlefield franchise. What they are doing is making it be more on par with cod, as what the Bad Company series did. I don't understand why they would want Battlefield 3 competing with cod because Battlefield and Battlefield: Bad Company are totally different series. Bad Company was meant to deal with cod, and it does a good job of it, whereas Battlefield is more on it's own. They shouldn't pit Battlefield 3 against cod because it's obvious that cod wouldn't even win the fight.

I understand that enjoying controls out of the norm is hard to do, but when developers start using the same control scheme it gets monotonous. I prefer if developers implement their own control scheme and then allow the player to change it. I know where you're coming from in that you're used to the controls of cod. Hell most of the people who play fps's prefer the cod controls and find it hard to adjust to a different style of fps. With cod being as big as it is now, it's hard to find/see fps's that aren't similar to cod in terms of controls and handling/feeling. That's why I had high hopes for Battlefield 3, and now they are adjusting the controls and the feeling to that of cod. I like when games have their own identity. Think of it this way, imagine if Killzone became the "norm" for fps's and that most shooters adjust their controls and feel to that of Killzone. That means that cod, Battlefield, every other shooter out there feels similar to Killzone. Do you think that most people would like that? Especially if they don't like the feel and controls of the Killzone franchise. Games won't have their own identity. I think I'm in over my head or something, but I'm getting really tired of the cod formula and adjusting controls and feel to match that of cod. Basically I just want games to have their own identity. It can be argued that every game has it's own identity, but to what extent. Sure Battlefield has no stupid killstreaks, or perks(though it can be argued that there are perks especially in BC2), vehicles, large maps, and a focus on teamwork; but, their direction to match cod is making their game lose it's identity.

The problem with the gaming industry is seen throughout all these companies. Aiming to take one another down while not caring for their core fanbase. It's not because I'm against cod, but if Killzone 4 plays similar to say an Unreal Tournament or Team Fortress, I'd be pissed. I want games to stay true to how they are, and not posing as something else in order to attract more buyers. That direction rarely works. I'm not sure what the sales figures are, but I'm pretty sure Killzone 2 outsold Killzone 3. I'm not even sure if DICE's direction will work out for them. If they lose a majority of their core fans then, it's safe to say that the Battlefield franchise is lost. Look at SOCOM 4, they tried to make something more appealing to the casual audience and the core fans hated it. I can almost feel the same thing happening with Battlefield 3.

Maybe it's best if I keep my mouth shut, and wait for the game to come out.

nivasan6Date: Friday, 29/July/2011, 3:02:40 PM | Message # 71
Major general
I've been getting some pretty cheap deaths lately in BC2 mainly those damn shotguns. I only play hardcore mode and Conquest, but getting "sniped" by shotguns is getting irritating. Not only that, but the lag is awful. I blame EA for this as their servers are never that great anyway, and I also blame matchmaking as well. I started to use the Recon class in order to level that up, and the hit detection was just awful while I was sniping. I tested this on another sniper who didn't know I was right behind them. I decided to go right on his back, and get a headshot with my M24. Remember, I'm right on his back, I aim right at the back of his head, and shoot. Guess what, I supposedly missed. How the hell would I have missed if I was right behind him. I saw the shot go to his head, and the blood coming out, but it didn't register as a hit. I tried again aiming at his lower back, I forgot to mention he wasn't crouching. I ended up getting a headshot while aiming at his lower back, and I saw the bullet go through his lower back.

Sniping in BC2 is quite fun, and I do like how when sniping long distance you have to change how you fire because of gravity. But, I noticed that the gravity aspect doesn't really work with the other guns. I can kill a sniper from a long distance with the M60 or an Assault Rifle and get him easily, but the person sniping has to adjust his shot in order to land a hit on me. I guess it balances it out, but I don't like getting out sniped by a non-sniper rifle. How is it that when I spawn on my teammate, I can get shot down right away. But, when I try and shoot someone who just spawns they're invincible for about 5 seconds, maybe less. Unless when I'm spawning I'm already on the ground, but my screen is still waiting. I 'm not really sure what's going on, but it's quite annoying. They really should change that, so when someone spawns on their teammate they're not invincible for a few seconds. It makes capturing points harder because people are spawning on their team while being invincible.

They really should have thought about the main bases. They shouldn't allow the other team anywhere near the main base, yet alone in the other team's base.

I like when you go out of the battlefield, and it gives you 10 seconds to get back. The timer stopped at around 6 seconds for me when I try running back. I end up exploding way before the 10 seconds is even up.

KuzuDate: Friday, 29/July/2011, 11:21:53 PM | Message # 72
The Clan Elder
Quote (nivasan6)
I'm getting really tired of the cod formula and adjusting controls and feel to match that of cod.

I do agree with you, and (if I wasn't weened on COD as my main FPS experience) I'm sure I would be feeling exactly the same as you. Your points are completely valid and very true. It sucks that the game you enjoyed and had hopes for is being changed, so I feel you on that. I haven't played the alpha so I really don't know how it feels, but I take your word. I dunno what you can do, but either get it and feel disappointed or get something else. Sorry man.

also, could you tell us what it is that sets BF(2) apart from say BC2? I really have no idea about the differences other than small details like class changes, prone, jets, etc. is the gameplay very different? style? what made you like BF so much? would it be fair to say that BF is at one end of the spectrum, BC2 in the middle, and (other) games at the other end?

nivasan6Date: Sunday, 31/July/2011, 6:12:40 PM | Message # 73
Major general
My complaints about games now are directed at console games. The PC version feels the same way as most PC fps games are concerned. To me they feel about the same, but to someone who primarily plays PC might notice a difference. So far the movement and controls are about the same as it is in Battlefield 2, but on the console is where it's going to be different and noticeable to me. Most games I get excited about end up turning into a disappointment.

That is a really good way to put it. Battlefield would be on one end, while BC is right in the middle. It's hard to describe what sets Battlefield 2 apart, because if I try to explain it; what I would be saying might sound similar to what BC is all about. Everything is smooth in Battlefield 2, not to mention balanced. I love the squad and commander system that it has. Whoever is playing commander has a huge responsibility to do such as, giving out orders, objectives, and basically watching over the match. They can get into combat, but then it would be hard for them to do their job efficiently. I haven't played Battlefield 2 in awhile, and I think that you can only spawn on your squad leader, but I could be mistaken. Sorry I can't really explain or talk about why I love Battlefield 2. You really have to play it to find out.

I urge you to try the demo if you can. I believe the servers are still up for the demo too. But, even playing against the bots will help you identify why it is that I like Battlefield 2 so much.

Here is the link for the demo:
http://www.fileplanet.com/154388/150000/fileinfo/Battlefield-2-Demo

Here is the video review of the game:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gt-video-battlefield-2/6917

KuzuDate: Monday, 15/August/2011, 11:35:47 PM | Message # 74
The Clan Elder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8gkMb8QZCY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBL2b__FQi0&feature=channel_video_title
Mythbusters for BF3. some good confirmations in here. short clips.

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 16/August/2011, 12:58:56 PM | Message # 75
Major general
After watching this video, it made me want to get Battlefield 3 again despite me saying that I'm through with the franchise. I may get it on launch day or a year later, I'm not sure yet, but that video just blew my mind. For those of you who don't know yet, all my stats were reset to zero on both Battlefield 1943 and Bad Company 2. This happened after I merged my PSN ID with my real EA account. The stat reset was not temporary, and after playing a few matches thinking my unlocks and stats would return; it overrode everything. So, now I'm at 0 with a few thousand points left to 1. Their system and servers are shit, but that video gave me hope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDDfPxF3EFE

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Battlefield » Battlefield 3
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024