Wednesday, 24/April/2024, 8:30:36 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 5 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
KuzuDate: Wednesday, 30/September/2009, 11:35:49 PM | Message # 1
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
ill leave the reviews up to you guys, since im not going to research this game to great depths (thus enticing me to get the game...).

i do want to point out this fact though. from the recent official MW2 vid, they show some of the Kill Streaks available. there are 15 possibilities.

now, that may seem like a cool thing, but in fact what it does is makes the game similar to BBC2. for those who complain that BBC2 and all the vehicles give unfair advantages, the exact same thing (or worse) will happen in MW2.

in COD4, there were 3 kill streak unlockables (2 if u dont count the UAV, a radar scan). now there will be 15. this means there will be tons of bombs bursting, helicopter guns blasting, planes screaching overhead, and who knows what else.

earning a UAV in COD4 for a 3kill streak (for a good player) just about ensured an air strike (5kill streak). if ur not a dumb dumb, and use some tactical planning, u would get a few more kills, thus getting the 7kill streak Helicopter support. with this chopper, it lasts several minutes and could give u another handful of kills depending on the game mode or audacity of the enemy.

MW2 is going to be a complete kill-fest. it was already very easy to kill ppl in COD4, and easy to get kill streaks and therefore bonus attacks. having even more options for killing ppl by super-powered auxiliary machines just seems like too much.

------------post edit------------------
wow. i was spot on with my preview of the game!! fo' real tho'!

R_ushDate: Wednesday, 09/December/2009, 8:52:36 PM | Message # 61
Private
Group: Users
Man! I seem to always be missing the fun sad

I would love to play some matches with 5 or 6 of you guys.

There a good day/time (pacific) that you guys play?

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 09/December/2009, 10:06:38 PM | Message # 62
The Clan Elder
not good at converting timezones, and im short on time right now;

it was about 1-3am for japan time (GMT -9) when we had our max.

EDIT: 1am japan (Sat night) = 8am west coast USA (Sat morn)
i think we had 7 squirrels + 1 friend in the party.

also, make sure u add up as many players from the clan as u can to ur buddy list, since not everyone *** AHEM *** uses the clan chat.

if anyone doesnt have the clan chat, ask someone else for it while online. dont by shy.

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 11/December/2009, 6:15:57 PM | Message # 63
Our Sexy Leader
We seemed to do a little better last night, team-wise. I guess we've just got to take our lumps. gg's to everyone.

KuzuDate: Sunday, 13/December/2009, 10:34:48 PM | Message # 64
The Clan Elder
note: im thinking, we could try this tactic out when we have a full party (6-8ppl).

have everyone roll in Two's. why?
watch each others back.
watch corners together.
get to know each others playing style.
get to know our strength/weaknesses.
kick ass.
have fun.

instead of us having 8 ppl, running all over the map like we were chickens with no heads, we might benefit from playing more controlled and organized.

GuzmanDate: Thursday, 17/December/2009, 2:01:54 AM | Message # 65
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
http://www.siliconera.com/2009/12/16/modern-warfare-2-gets-off-to-strong-start-in-japan/

Nice To See Resi Up High Too.

duxy87Date: Thursday, 17/December/2009, 2:09:41 AM | Message # 66
Major general
I reckon everyone should list down their playing style to ensure everyone is aware what clan members are good at. i.e. i know that banion loves claymores, and MJ loves shooting down enemy air support.

Also list your most used killstreak layout.

I like flanking and sneaking up on enemies. I often rotate between my SCAR with stopping power and extra mags for when i just want to gun enemies down, and my silenced UMP with Lightspeed and ninja w tact knife. I carry grenades and semtex. I will often shoot down enemy UAV cause they're weak.

banion7Date: Thursday, 17/December/2009, 6:53:27 PM | Message # 67
Colonel
@duxy, what do you use to shoot down enemy UAV? I have one loadout with a Stinger as a secondary and One man army for shooting down Harriers, Attack Helis etc, but I only use it in FFa since it seems someone else always gets to it first in team games (thanks MJ!) but I'd rather not pull it out if there is another way to get at UAV's.

Lately I've been teaming up and playing Domination a lot, and maybe I'm starting to get the hang of it a bit.. But I certainly die a lot just from not understanding the mode well yet.

FFA I almost always use Silenced UMP and Rangers, Rangers as main weapon and working to get in close quarters always + Claymores left around the map w Scavenger. I use Commando w this loadout vbut I still fail at knifing a lot, mostly for the jumping off stuff advantage at this point. I use this set up for TDM.

For Domination I'm trying to stay back a bit more and I use the AK47 with grenade launcher and Scavenger, Claymores, and Rangers of course. Cold Blooded and Ninja as well. Thinking about what to do with the second two Perks, I might change them tonight and see what happens. I still run into zones when it's not safe way too much LOL.

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 18/December/2009, 5:26:41 AM | Message # 68
Our Sexy Leader
Type of player, huh? Hmm...

I try to be a jack of all trades, but I suppose I do well in peoples's faces. Mid range is ok too. I'm currently trying to work on my sniping. I want to be able to quick-snipe like a beast.

Favorite guns are: UMP, SCAR/ACR & SPAS-12.

Favorite Perks are: Scav/Slight/Bling, Cold/Stop, Ninja.

KuzuDate: Sunday, 20/December/2009, 7:01:17 PM | Message # 69
The Clan Elder
i cant really pin myself. might do better to have someone else review me?

i try to think i like to do med to long range recon. i like to snipe, but im not good at it in this game.
my fav weapon is the FAL probably, but im working on getting all weapon unlocks so im doing them 1 by 1.

um, i prefer NOT to use SMGs and do up close run n gun if i can help it. but once i start dying, i usually switch to that sort of class and just go kamikaze.

i like scav, sleight of hand, stopping power, cold blooded. working on sit rep..but that will take about 3 months to get pro?

my most effective class is probably using Scav, SPower, and ?? w/ assault rifles, semtex, stun gren.

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 22/December/2009, 8:59:42 AM | Message # 70
Lieutenant general
http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/mw2/336692?playlist=featured

banion7Date: Thursday, 24/December/2009, 7:15:14 PM | Message # 71
Colonel
@Guzman, Hmm. Not sure exactly what I saw there but did his Javelin actually boomerang back and kill him?? Funny. "Loook at that, I hate this game." LOL.

Got sick of idiots using Tactical Insertion with their friend in FFA to get a Nuke round after round (AGAIN!!!) and other shenanigans so I decided to venture into other modes...

I played several rounds of Domination by myself last night with very, very unsatisfying results... I've watched so many of those instructional vids on youtube etc, wingsofredemption, machinima vids you name it but things sure don't go that way for me. 4 and 23 type games, game after game. Unbelievable. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I tred to take my time, stay back, not rush in, use the same spots as those guys - but no use. Only thing that I did do right was use my stinger with Cold Blooded to take out Killstreaks (this did not satisfy me at all) - but even then I died immidiately after I got a couple Stinger shots off. There usually were 2 or 3 enemy KS's in the air at all times it seemed.

Seems like impossible bad luck, I am sitting there behind boxes or barrels, camped, looking at the flag and a guy comes in there, I start shooting right at him with a SCAR and Stopping Power and he still kills me. Don't know how he even saw me, UAV or not and in the killcam it looked like he was shooting at barrels, not a guy (me). Again and agian, even though I'm waiting for him and I know he's coming. Don't know how they do it.

As you can tell, this is a pretty frustrating time for me.

Added (24/December/2009, 7:15:14 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Oh! and Merry Christmas dudes!

AlucardDate: Friday, 25/December/2009, 7:54:07 PM | Message # 72
Colonel
not much to say. i usually play it rambo style, heh

KuzuDate: Sunday, 27/December/2009, 11:02:18 PM | Message # 73
The Clan Elder
this break, been getting into groundwar. that ish is fun, especially when u get a kill streak!

getting a predator basically assures that u will get at least 2 kills (since there are more players, and they tend to group up more).

unfortunately, harriers/choppers get taken out instantly w/ more players around... so u may need to change ur streaks a bit.

been using and abusing the ACR w/HBS, scav and s.power. 3rd perk is a tossup.

AngDate: Friday, 01/January/2010, 3:09:54 AM | Message # 74
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
My playing style varies. I usually like to flank most of the time though. My favorite gun is the M4 for some reason with red-dot sight. SlightOfHand/StoppingPower/SteadyAim.
I love the idea of working by groups of two. NOBODY likes getting spawn raped from the back.

Oh yeah, I will most likely play around 9 pm Central Time.

Message edited by Ang - Friday, 01/January/2010, 3:12:38 AM

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 12/January/2010, 9:02:27 PM | Message # 75
Our Sexy Leader
My frustration with this game seems to only be increasing. It might show green bar, but it isn't. I'm almost positive that IW is doctoring the signals. I'm also getting real sick of the spawning, especially in FFA. People spawn literally FACING ME, anywhere but in front of me. Free kill for them. The revenge spawns are also absolutely fucking ridiculous.

Also, give me back my 3% for using Lightweight (Pro).

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024