Saturday, 20/April/2024, 3:49:53 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 9 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
KuzuDate: Wednesday, 30/September/2009, 11:35:49 PM | Message # 1
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
ill leave the reviews up to you guys, since im not going to research this game to great depths (thus enticing me to get the game...).

i do want to point out this fact though. from the recent official MW2 vid, they show some of the Kill Streaks available. there are 15 possibilities.

now, that may seem like a cool thing, but in fact what it does is makes the game similar to BBC2. for those who complain that BBC2 and all the vehicles give unfair advantages, the exact same thing (or worse) will happen in MW2.

in COD4, there were 3 kill streak unlockables (2 if u dont count the UAV, a radar scan). now there will be 15. this means there will be tons of bombs bursting, helicopter guns blasting, planes screaching overhead, and who knows what else.

earning a UAV in COD4 for a 3kill streak (for a good player) just about ensured an air strike (5kill streak). if ur not a dumb dumb, and use some tactical planning, u would get a few more kills, thus getting the 7kill streak Helicopter support. with this chopper, it lasts several minutes and could give u another handful of kills depending on the game mode or audacity of the enemy.

MW2 is going to be a complete kill-fest. it was already very easy to kill ppl in COD4, and easy to get kill streaks and therefore bonus attacks. having even more options for killing ppl by super-powered auxiliary machines just seems like too much.

------------post edit------------------
wow. i was spot on with my preview of the game!! fo' real tho'!

KuzuDate: Sunday, 25/April/2010, 11:29:22 PM | Message # 121
The Clan Elder
ive got mastery on all LMGs now, except the last one: M240.
i read that its FMJs dont even work, so im not even sure i can get mastery on it. but ill try.

ive done about 1/2 of the mastery challenges for ARs. will probably go back to that after getting my first major goal (2.0).

ive been liking the AA12. i actually killed someone from 25 feet away, though it took like 4 shots..
its nice up close, but even then sometimes it takes me 2, if not 3 shots to kill.
i imagine the only way to get one shot kills is if they are already injured.

how much damage does the m1014 do? one shot kill? 2? im usually beefed up with Stopping power, so that would help too.

i cant stop raving about the TAR. i use it silenced in about 75% of the games i play now. when i happened to pick up one w/Holo sights, i couldnt believe how effective it was. although shots are not very accurate, with the aim assist it just locked on to guys and all my shots hit on target. it was yummy.

and for the record: i gotta give even more props to red, considering he has a 15inch oldskool tube TV.

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 26/April/2010, 10:21:37 AM | Message # 122
Our Sexy Leader
Quote (Kuzu)
and for the record: i gotta give even more props to red, considering he has a 15inch oldskool tube TV.

Hehe. (^_-)b

GJ on the LMG Mastery shizzle. Finish that last one! I don't know if I'll do them. I think LMGs are gay. LOL.

Maybe all the shotties are OHKs if you hit them right? I haven't played with the Striker enough to remember, but the others are for sure.

KuzuDate: Monday, 26/April/2010, 8:05:53 PM | Message # 123
The Clan Elder
i looked up some stats for a few of the shotties. interesting discovery.

AA12: dmg 20-15 (x8pellets) = 160-120 dmg

M1014: dmg 40-20 (x8pellets) = 320-160 dmg

Ranger: dmg 75-25 (x6pellets) = 450-150 dmg
if used with double barrles = 900-300 dmg!

Masterkey: dmg 25-1 (x6pellets) =150-6 dmg...
* FAL w/silencer + masterkey = masterkey does not show as red dot. (apparently)

but figuring out the range for each (hence the minimum dmg) is down on my list.
oh, and LMGs are not that gay. they are so heavy, u run so slow. u ADS so slow. everything is in slow motion. once u fire, its like a dinner bell, inviting everyone to come knocking on ur door, so to speak. i personally like them for a change of pace, since obviously u wont be running and gunning with them. i like to sit back and snipe fools with a couple of well placed shots. or use FMJs to get fools hiding behind walls.

banion7Date: Monday, 26/April/2010, 11:53:40 PM | Message # 124
Colonel
Group: Moderators
Just prestiged again last night, so not many guns to play with - but not so much of a change since I abandoned Claymores the last time around and I also got used to playing with Stopping Power and the Sniper class, which you get right at the beginning anyways. The main thing I miss is Ninja and Cold Blooded on those stupid Derail and Wasteland maps.

Used the RPD a bit on maps that I normally wouldn't, like Invasion, and I found it was actually ok... You move slow as shit but what it did for me was actually slow my game down a bit and make me think more about where I was and where they were and being ready for them more - as I've said before I recognize my main issue is with positioning and slowly but surely, I think I may be taking some steps in the right direction in this regard.

I was using the AA12 for about the last 10 levels of my last prestige and I thought it worked great, no escape really even for those good guys that move all over the place when you get face to face indorrs in a hallway/room etc... The one annoying thing for me with the AA12 is it didnt seem to fire very well out of a sprint - I found you really needed to be completely out of sprint for the thing to start firing - so there were times where I had my right index finger down but died because it didnt start firing as quick as other shotties would. Just imagining this or is this true??

My plan is to do a lot of TAR when I get it - I hope I can have some success with it - I've seen wingsofredemption on Wasteland with that thing silenced and with iron sights shooting guys from miles away, don't know how he could see them (I've picked them up and tried to use them but I just can't see them, and my TV is a big LCD) so maybe it's the auto-aim that helps him know they're there??

Red's toober TV is rediculously small...

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 27/April/2010, 11:16:37 PM | Message # 125
The Clan Elder
banion:
congrats on the prestige, and getting to know ur playing style.
(sorry if i sound too preachy. lunch break means i have time to think about things and i love to discuss games)
i think u are getting to know ur playing style, which may be the most important aspect to this game.
dont do what everyone else does, or use what everyone uses. use/do what is best suited for u.

RPD is a beast. IMHO its much more than ok. its extremely accurate when used with Grip. it can be as deadly, if not more so, than any AR if used with patience and well placed shots. it is in my book the most effective LMG out there. as with all LMGs, no dmg loss at ANY range. shit is a fucking sniper rifle with 100 rounds in a clip. booyah. u just gotta be defensive with it. no moving in the open. stay crouched behind cover. fire out of 2nd floor buildings, with claymore guarding doorway. fire down long halls. is great for any medium-long range maps, as long as u have some cover, have claymores, and know where the enemy is spawning from. thats key.

thx for joining that game last night. i actually made a strong effort to cap flags, while our whole damn team just sat in A and got pounded in the bum. games like that, i usually just want to do the opposite of teammates, and it usually pays off. when everyone is rushing, i like to sit back and cover choke points. when they all do jack squat, i like to put on marathan or at least cold B and flank.

about TAR; the shit is beastly. i think overall (rushing, defensive, long range, up close, clip size, power, firing rate, iron sights, etc) it is THE best assault rifle. no other gun is as versatile. while the shots do stray from the target at times, i actually seem to do really well from far off, often getting 2-hit headshot kills. ex: sitting on left of Mansion, firing to the hill overlooking the B house, i often get headshots on those fools. u just gotta burst it if shooting from long distances. i burst it like a 2-3 fire M16, wait a second, then repeat. if up close, it has a very high firing rate with moderate recoil. i read it has the most dmg output per second for any non-sniper rifle. i highly suggest the silencer once u unlock it, with S.Power. its a 3 shot kill at any range, or 2-shot if headshot. because im used to it, i find the accuracy problem completely to be a non-factor. its the jackofalltrades gun, my #1 choice.
edit: i dont feel the aim assist much on the silenced TAR. its there, but it doesnt move my crosshairs much. i feel with the holo scope, its much more strong; like the red dot justs locks on to guys that are strafing. that said, i still freaking love the silencer, and the iron sights are very comfortable to use (for me).

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 27/April/2010, 11:33:44 PM | Message # 126
The Clan Elder
i think ive watched every one of Wing's mw2 videos. i like watching him the best because he gives hints and doesnt beat around the bush. (though lately he always seems pissed off about one thing or the other). even if he doesnt describe it, i watch him to see where to go on the map, what point to hold, what structure to hide behind, etc.

i also watch:
WoodysGamerTag (nice guy, in his 30s, not leet, but above average with good solid tips)
SeaNanners (nice guy, maybe too nice, but this guy rapes the competition. very down to earth)

banion7Date: Wednesday, 28/April/2010, 0:15:59 AM | Message # 127
Colonel
Kuz, I think we like watching the same people LOL

I like watching wingsofredemption's vids too - it's so funny how he's always contradicting himself and I just kinda like the way he speaks, (kinda scary sometimes actually!) and I've definately learned a few things from what he does. I think he's good to watch to learn, but his playing style can be a bit boring to watch sometimes...

WoodysGamerTag - that's the guy with the ACR right? If it's the guy I'm thinking about he does a lot to teach you about the game and what he's doing - a true MW2 'Instructor'...

Seananners is one clinical player - super good. I haven't seen a lot of his vids but there's one (Tactical Nuke maybe?) he does on Derail with an red dot M16 that sticks out in my memory.

Also, I like watching Tjebz - a flashy player from Sweden -- who is fun to watch for pure skill antics but not a whole lot to learn as far as my current level goes, I suppose. He talks funny.

And, I agree with you that this is what is happening now maybe, that I am finally starting to figure out my playing style. Before this could happen, I guess it was necessary to get used to the mechanics of aiming/controlling my guy and stuff like that. I am still relatively new to this FPS stuff and I'm also kinda slow picking it up I suppose.

Got back in bed with my old friend the SPAS last night, and it was fun! With Steady Aim, it's even easier to aim I felt - ran around on Skidrow using 'Only SPAS' and got 17 kills in one game LOL. (Also died 17 times but hey, it's the age of the Danger Close scruuubs I guess eh??)

Also had a 47 11 on GW Scrapyard with just UAV, Pred and Harriers on, with a red dot M4 Sleight of Hand - Stopping Power = I believe this is all due to Tactical buttons, playing smart and using my improved aim w rifles and Semtex.

Hopefully, I've turned a bit of a corner here.

duxy87Date: Wednesday, 28/April/2010, 7:32:37 AM | Message # 128
Major general
red should start making vids on how to go FFA style. Might compell me to play more of that game mode. I'll definately watch his vids!! smile

KuzuDate: Thursday, 29/April/2010, 8:01:25 PM | Message # 129
The Clan Elder
banion/anyone: fyi about the shotties;
ADS (scoping) makes the buckshot more spread out, despite what seems rational.
steady aim (as im sure u know) does the opposite. it focuses the buckshot in a tighter grid, making ur shots more accurate.

i keep playing around with, and switching, my 2ndary weps. im using and enjoying akimbo rangers, just cuz, its so much fun to blow a guy up in one shot and see him get pushed backwards from the blast! but the range seems horrible. i could have sworn i shot all 4 rounds into one guy, from 15-20 feet, and it didnt kill him. meh.

last night on highrise DOM, our team was getting spanked. we wuz getting spawn trapped on C, and they sent 2 snipers into our den (that railing just inside C above the ground). they caught a few stupid ppl who didnt see the red dots on the radar. but i spotted one guys tac insertion. killed the other guy twice. waited for his partner to stick his head up, killed him, waited for him to respawn. ez. some ppl need to think about using silencers.. lmao.

im getting quite frustrated now, with the deadly combo that i see going on.
i often seem to run into teams with 3 guys using marathan/light/comm and another 3 guys with 1MA, noob toobs, DC, rockets. that really is THE uber noo-a-riffic combo, since u cant rush them (they have too many stabbers) and u cant play defensive (since they just bomb the shit out of ur sector). its ruined my mojo the past week or so.

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 30/April/2010, 9:22:25 PM | Message # 130
Our Sexy Leader
I've got about 3 hours of vids of myself right now. Which would you rather see, a montage or full matches? Maybe both? Be forewarned--I usually rock "alternative" loadouts & KS's nowadays. LOL.

GuzmanDate: Saturday, 01/May/2010, 3:26:52 AM | Message # 131
Lieutenant general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
I've got about 3 hours of vids of myself right now. Which would you rather see, a montage or full matches? Maybe both? Be forewarned--I usually rock "alternative" loadouts & KS's nowadays. LOL.

Woah, Woah, What? The redham Man Recording Goodies? Can't Wait!

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 01/May/2010, 2:25:32 PM | Message # 132
Our Sexy Leader

banion7Date: Saturday, 01/May/2010, 6:57:16 PM | Message # 133
Colonel
@red

Yo I can't wait too - I actually think full matches would showcase your skillz more than a montage would, but Id still like to see both! Great entertainment value either way, that's for sure!

I've been doing TAR for a while now, About 15 FMJs left... It's a great gun, but I'm still struggling with aiming it... Maybe the SCAR is better suited to me, dunno. I had a really embarrassing winning killcam last night where I shot like a complete spas with my TAR LoL... Ive been using my silenced UMP a bit too on Afghan, Wasteland etc, since I've been in a bit of a sniping slump as of late, and wow that setup never let's you down does it...

I found out last night for sure that "Semtex stuck to riot shield guy" (Blast Shield) will not kill when he has "Iron Man face" on unless you are using Danger Close... Just in case anyone was wondering, anyhow LOL.

KuzuDate: Saturday, 01/May/2010, 9:13:49 PM | Message # 134
The Clan Elder
red:
awesome. im glad u got a vid cap card. im sure all (5?) of us who actually use this site would love to see ur vids, in whatever shape or form they may be.

montages are cool when its based on a theme (like u did); but just random, singular kills, are not.
the way u used flashbang to disorient them and then follow up with c4 was something to learn from. u make it look so ez.
also, what impressed me most was the way u just owned with pistols. raffica, m9, etc. i dont know how u can keep it on target while tapping 3,4 times. but i likey.

i would love to see a typical game.

duxy87Date: Sunday, 02/May/2010, 2:53:14 AM | Message # 135
Major general
yeah red that video was beast! On top of kuzu's comments i also loved the long knife throws. They take skill. I wish i could show you guys my fond skills such as using SCAR, and sneaking around derail. And show you how to get a nuke without camping around a 15 meter perimiter. I just dont have the proper equipement to record my gameplay to show u guys sad

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024