Friday, 03/May/2024, 9:12:51 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 7 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
KuzuDate: Wednesday, 30/September/2009, 11:35:49 PM | Message # 1
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
ill leave the reviews up to you guys, since im not going to research this game to great depths (thus enticing me to get the game...).

i do want to point out this fact though. from the recent official MW2 vid, they show some of the Kill Streaks available. there are 15 possibilities.

now, that may seem like a cool thing, but in fact what it does is makes the game similar to BBC2. for those who complain that BBC2 and all the vehicles give unfair advantages, the exact same thing (or worse) will happen in MW2.

in COD4, there were 3 kill streak unlockables (2 if u dont count the UAV, a radar scan). now there will be 15. this means there will be tons of bombs bursting, helicopter guns blasting, planes screaching overhead, and who knows what else.

earning a UAV in COD4 for a 3kill streak (for a good player) just about ensured an air strike (5kill streak). if ur not a dumb dumb, and use some tactical planning, u would get a few more kills, thus getting the 7kill streak Helicopter support. with this chopper, it lasts several minutes and could give u another handful of kills depending on the game mode or audacity of the enemy.

MW2 is going to be a complete kill-fest. it was already very easy to kill ppl in COD4, and easy to get kill streaks and therefore bonus attacks. having even more options for killing ppl by super-powered auxiliary machines just seems like too much.

------------post edit------------------
wow. i was spot on with my preview of the game!! fo' real tho'!

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 20/March/2010, 10:25:53 PM | Message # 91
Our Sexy Leader
So...I've been rocking the F2000 recently. It's a bit of a bitch tbh. The recoil on it is crazy, but the sound it makes is definitely buff. Just got to get the FMJ's done. I think I'm at 9 now. What guns are you guys playing around with?

Also, I came up against some J-player in FFA called 'K_nifer' & guess what he tried to do all game? Super soldier loadout w/ sniping class. I fucking hate assholes like this. Dude was the only guy with a mic & he was getting pissed off at me camping out areas with Claymores & shit. But hey, you're going to ruin my gaming with your bullshit & I'm going to do my best to return the favor. Also, he messaged me first which almost never happens. LOL.

banion7Date: Sunday, 21/March/2010, 11:02:31 PM | Message # 92
Colonel
Group: Moderators
LOL! A guy who actually starts a hatemail war w Red... I suppose I must be pissing some people off w all the Claymores too...but usually I don't stay around them - just hear the Boom! inthe distance... LoL.

F2000... Eieeew. Ginjapan and I have been getting into sniping as of late, Barrett, WA2000 and M21 EBR. Fun stuff! Funny thing is, old habits die hard and we've been finding ourselves attacking a lot w secondary PP2000 with extra mags just as much or more as actual sniping... That thing really is awesome! The SPAS is just cooler, but I wonder how many times I wouldve lived insted of died up to now if i'd been using that thing intsted of SPAS... Oh well whatever it's all in the name of good fun (evil laugh)

The other thing is lately I've been using the smoke grenade a lot and am really starting to see the worth of it - good for me, and sometimes good for team too. I throw it down to flank, as a general distraction when I know i'm outnumbered, or not at the flag when capping but between the flag and the baddies - overall it's turning out to be a very useful defensive tool even offensive sometimes.. Too bad you have to give up Flashbangs for them but whatever. What I'd really like is to have Semtex And Claymores LoL! They should let us nubby low kdr guys have some extra stuff!

KuzuDate: Monday, 22/March/2010, 10:48:01 PM | Message # 93
The Clan Elder
aw.. i want some hate mail too!
ive sent out my fair share. usually after games when guys just use noob toobs that seem to kill me 5x in a row, followed by rocket launchers to my face. i love how when i trash talk a japanese player (writing in japanese-romaji) most of them reply with "Thank you!"

ive put C4 on all my kits recently. i throw it on the first flag, make my way to the middle flag, then wait for them to rush the 1st one. click click boom.

ive been using the M16 alot lately. reminds me of my cod4 days. powerful and accurate. not good for CQB but im gonna die anyways if im in that situation. been testing out the glock 18 and its pretty fun too. i think ill enjoy it even more when i unlock akimbo.

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 24/March/2010, 1:05:44 AM | Message # 94
Our Sexy Leader
LOL. When I hear or see a smoke nade nowadays, I know banion's about. You try any that C4 with it yet?

M16 is buff, no doubt. It's mad solid. The hipfire accuracy is pretty damn good too.

Got my red tiger camo for f2000. It looks sick!

duxy87Date: Wednesday, 24/March/2010, 7:39:45 AM | Message # 95
Major general
Tried fiddling with FAL for a bit but the gun is useless.. or its just not for me. I have been using the M16 when picking off multiple enemies in a row. Accurate and packs a punch. It is actually Spearer's favourite gun.

SPAS with silencer equiped has been very effective for me in CQB.. I like this more than akimbo 1887's. I been using the 'double S' combination for a while now: SCAR & SPAS.

Still racking up kills with claymores. Love situations when you're 1 shy of a killstreak and then you get that bonus kill from a claymore placed down earlier. Gold!

AlucardDate: Wednesday, 24/March/2010, 10:09:14 PM | Message # 96
Colonel
the fal would be better if it werent for the iron sights. i miss the g3 from the last game * sighs *

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 24/March/2010, 10:27:07 PM | Message # 97
The Clan Elder
FAL is a monster in the right hands. (not me necessarily)
by far the most powerful (non-sniper) gun available.
fairly accurate (but do NOT use red dot; it is off-center. programming error).

i used the G3 near the end of my cod4 days, but the FAL puts it to shame. G3 took, what, 3 or 4 shots to kill someone, even though it was super accurate. they gave it too much of a handicap. FAL is so strong, the only problem is that rapid fire gives it a huge amount of recoil, so they almost have to be burst fired anyway. i still like it for the sound. it has a kick/bite to it, that no other gun really has. the ak47 lost something in mw2, which is sad.

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 25/March/2010, 0:34:57 AM | Message # 98
Our Sexy Leader
Really? I was under the impression that G3 was only 2 hits for KO. Maybe that was with SP?

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 27/March/2010, 7:24:41 PM | Message # 99
Our Sexy Leader
Started my 5th Prestige last night. Blows not having Ninja Pro. Maybe I've said that before? Well, it still blows no matter how many times I do this shit.

Actually, I'm coming to a better understanding of the MP5K cuz of it, so that part's ok. Just got the TAR. Mastery time!

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 01/April/2010, 8:49:11 AM | Message # 100
Our Sexy Leader
Sorry about the triple post. It's hard for me to edit on my iPhone. (>_<)

TAR & FAL Mastery done! The FAL felt much more challenging to do (while keeping a good kdr). Some advice if any of you are going to brave that one...

Equip a PP2000/TMP for your secondary. This will be your "roaming" gun for CQB. I was dying quite a bit initially because I had forgotten about this & had kept my AA-12 to my own detriment.

FAL with SP is a OHKO for HS. Without it it's two shots.

I'm pretty sure grates count towards fmj's, so watch for these opportunities on maps like Quarry & Sub Base.

Windows count towards fmj's, but somtimes don't. I'm not 100% sure, but I think you've got to kill them FAST through the window to count. It felt like if you shoot too slow, the kill will register as a normal kill because the window has already been completely broken. Something like that.

At first, I went with a Bling-ed FAL of fmj+holo, but mainly elected to go with fmj+ironsight, so I could cover my ass with Claymore's (FFA). The ironsight takes some getting used to, but it can be done.

Just need to do the M16 & I'll have finished off my assault rifles. It's definitely been fun getting used to all the different rifles, but I look forward to primarily using one gun again! (^_-)b

duxy87Date: Monday, 05/April/2010, 10:32:37 AM | Message # 101
Major general
ohh man i want to master FAL, but the gun is so crap aiming down sight. I have someone 400+ ADS kills so means i like using the iron sights. I've only mastered SCAR and M16..

my challenge before next prestige is to win 50 sabo matches. can be a mighty pain.. I have 24 wins to go. Level 61 3rd prestige hoping to do in time so i can prestige once i hit lvl 70.

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 05/April/2010, 12:46:38 PM | Message # 102
Our Sexy Leader
Wooord. Seriously, you get used to the FAL's ironsights.

Finished off all the Assault Masteries a few days ago! (^_-)b

The next goal I want to achieve is the 500 post-Prestige HS's for the ACR/SCAR/UMP. I was telling banion how much the ACR is a HS beast! I've got 60HS/255 kills. I just need 70 more for that gun. Wish me luck & speed!

GL with the Sabo!

KuzuDate: Monday, 05/April/2010, 11:34:39 PM | Message # 103
The Clan Elder
id like to express how incredibly poor i am at headshots. i have some sort of disease. i know that i would benefit from aiming at the head. i know i will kill faster (in less shots). but when im in the heat of the moment, i always seem to aim low. thigh. crotch. stomach. chest. seriously, if anyone has any training program or some good advice, please share it with me (and others). I NEED HELP!

the only game where i seemed to do ok was Resistance 1. near the end, i was actually racking up HS kills and loved seeing the ribbons. but in all other games, i just suck at it. i seem to do ok overall, but i probably miss out on more kills due to my low aiming.

this is how bad i am: im 1st prestige, lvl 70. i only have the Fall camo for the ACR (which i dont even use anymore). i have over 1000 kills with several weapons, yet im still on blue/red camo for a majority of my guns! how sad is that?!

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 07/April/2010, 2:53:27 AM | Message # 104
Our Sexy Leader
You should play me 1v1 HS's only. You'll get better at them then. For real. Anyone!

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 07/April/2010, 11:22:06 PM | Message # 105
The Clan Elder
that was actually pretty good training.
1st match: 1 hit HS mode was too weak
2nd match: 2-3? HS mode was perfect

i didnt feel comfortable aiming only for the head, since the gun covers up all of ur body. at times i could barely see ur head even, because of recoil. so i would miss completely and be incredibly exposed (wild shots, no view of enemy!) so im not any more confident. lol. though i came out even against the master in 2 games. that made me feel better.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024