Main | COD: Black Ops - Page 18 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » COD: Black Ops
COD: Black Ops
GuzmanDate: Monday, 10/January/2011, 4:21:55 AM | Message # 256
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
Quote (redhamuSLA)
Kuzu, your wife has really bad timing! We spent all that time battling it out in that Nuketown match, only for them to win in OT hella fast cuz our dynamic went to shit after you left. (>_<) I also got my most kills in a match (89), but probably would have gone into the 100's. (T_T)

That was the most annoying game of the night for me. I don't think it would've been as hard fought if I was on green bar. Having dudes shoot me as soon as I spawned made it especially crippling. If Kuzu hadn't left (& Dux was w/ us) We prob could've won.

Quote (Ang)
Have to get my shit together you know? Hopefully I can land a job and move out again.

No doubt it's time better spent. GL Buddy.

Quote (Ang)
Nice video Guz. lol

Like yours too! "SP Campaign will clock in at 17,250 hours"
LOL. Talk about value!

Message edited by Guzman - Monday, 10/January/2011, 4:22:09 AM

duxy87Date: Monday, 10/January/2011, 5:37:51 AM | Message # 257
Major general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
GG's, Guz & Kuzu! Sorry we couldn't play together, dux!

Not a problem chief. Was my fault that the internet connection on my router screwed things up. Was keen to play with you guys too. Then Kuzu's boss decided to end the party. Raincheck definately!

KuzuDate: Monday, 10/January/2011, 7:01:37 PM | Message # 258
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
oh shit. i thought the game was over, so it was perfect timing. didnt realize there was an overtime! sry guys. but yah.. the pissier she gets, the more it means i will have no mojo. so i would just be hurting the team even if i played. that game truly sucked though.

i really havent played well at all since the new year. ive dropped at least 4 points. and ill probably keep going down. i dont know how to get things working for me. maybe too much run & gun and im just not hitting my shots. or getting frustrated.

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 10/January/2011, 9:55:30 PM | Message # 259
Our Sexy Leader
Marsh: GL, bro!

Kuzu: Doh!

dux: You have to work early today or something? It was my bad that we didn't get to play together this time. I bought the FFA Contracts. I was basically ready to play right after you signed off. m(_ _)m Sorry!

Guz & banchumond: GG's in our CTF matches last night! Man, I hate it when people dominate on the other team & then leave the next game! I def was hype to that fucker's game on Havana & would have raped him in the next. (-"-;)p

duxy87Date: Tuesday, 11/January/2011, 5:56:43 AM | Message # 260
Major general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
dux: You have to work early today or something? It was my bad that we didn't get to play together this time. I bought the FFA Contracts. I was basically ready to play right after you signed off. m(_ _)m Sorry!

Yeah had full days work today, so couldn't really stick around otherwised i would've run low on fuel at work.. Managed to get enough sleep and go to gym after. Now i'm buggered. Prob still be right to log on for a few hours soon though. Haha bow to me!!

banion7Date: Tuesday, 11/January/2011, 9:21:30 AM | Message # 261
Colonel
Red, u and Guz were owning the other teams - really freed me up for well, what could I do other than become self appointed UAV/Counter putter upper (who needs UAV with so many Blackbirds going up?? lol) and flag runner?? lol ggs dudes!

banion7Date: Tuesday, 11/January/2011, 9:25:06 AM | Message # 262
Colonel
oh and started getting bored so I decided to start prestiging I suppose - main thing I miss is the SPAS! Can't believe how long it takes to get it back...

Don't know what it is, but just love shotties - even when theyre a bit weak like this version of the SPAS...

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 12/January/2011, 2:06:46 PM | Message # 263
Our Sexy Leader
Wow. Tonight was HORRIBLE. (>_<)

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 12/January/2011, 2:14:03 PM | Message # 264
Lieutenant general
Rough night towards the end there, but GGs regardless.

Even on yellow, I still prefer to play w/ you guys... Depending on how it all plays out, I usually do better. Still, 4 bar is cool too!

banion7Date: Wednesday, 12/January/2011, 7:57:28 PM | Message # 265
Colonel
yeah it was not good last night... I got pretty frustrated and started to miss shots I usually wouldn't, throw nades when I normally wouldn't, die when I usually wouldn't etc all because of it etc. Bad decisions gets u killed, and I made a lot of those. OMFG I even died 3 times by the same corner ADSed noob on Grid in the last game just because I got it in my head that I had to get him back. Never works out well that one, not when you're playing like that... To top it off I played way too late because I didn't notice the time in that desperation to turn things around.

Reason is, it's still fun even when it's that way LOL - I prefer to play with u guys too. Ah, who cares - can't win em all eh.

Hm, I was doing damage before we got together though, come to think of it. Moral of the story? Stay away from Domination?? Always messes with my mojo that!

Anyways, whatever the case, lets do it again tonight!!

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 12/January/2011, 9:43:04 PM | Message # 266
Lieutenant general
Quote (banion7)
OMFG I even died 3 times by the same corner ADSed noob on Grid in the last game just because I got it in my head that I had to get him back. Never works out well that one, not when you're playing like that...

You know, skipping out on MW2 I always though to myself, "Why do they go back? just leave them alone & you won't die."
After playing this shit myself, well.... I get why they go back. I have a real problem w/ it too. i wanna GET THEM. >_<

Not to put the blame on other things, as I'll take responsibility for it when appropriate, but there are so many factors that are simply out of you hands when it comes to this game. Like half of us running yellow bar, against an organized team of full-bar J's, while the rest of our TMs consist of really bad players... Among other things.

TBH, I think, even the games we lose, we still do a solid job, & put up a good fight.

Message edited by Guzman - Wednesday, 12/January/2011, 9:44:12 PM

banion7Date: Thursday, 13/January/2011, 12:12:08 PM | Message # 267
Colonel
Gyeah Guz it's all bout the fight eh?? But its better to win lol.

GGs again tonight, was fun. But screw that black Ops shitty matchmaking crap, putting dux on the wrong end of a squirrel atttack... but that napalm right into their spawn sticks out in my head from tonight...

After some CTF, Dom , Demo the last few nights, I think I am confident to say CTF is kinda fun, Dom is annoying, and Demo is tedious and tiring a bit - spawn trapping is not so much fun, getting trapped is the opposite of fun, and ... well that's it in my books I suppose... Still, up for playing anything if we're partying though.

CTF is fun at least cause its very mobile, and you get to watch your buddies pwn up while u dead... and the spawns are relatively easy to get, and the objective is sensible.

GL with all that sony vegas/happauge stuff dudes lol.

Not touching that with a ten foot pole...

KuzuDate: Thursday, 13/January/2011, 8:47:04 PM | Message # 268
The Clan Elder
i had a fun time playing with u guys last night. started out crappy for me, but finally pulled off some good games toward the end. i really was pleased that we went up against other full clan/parties, and came out on top most of the time. even when we were playing against more and more J-clans, we still stomped them.

if there is anyone who understands about 'going back for the revenge kill' it is me. i am constantly doing that shit, thinking i can outsmart them even though they know im coming. especially if the guy is sitting behind a wall/barrel or something, i find it very hard to resist (fucking stupidly) standing in the open while i try to pick him off with the miracle head shot from a distance. this, and picking up backup weapons are probably 2 of the biggest reasons i die (from my own poor actions). dying from network lag, Tv input lag, and controller input lag is another story.

KuzuDate: Thursday, 13/January/2011, 8:57:09 PM | Message # 269
The Clan Elder
feel free to disagree. just throwing my opinion out there:

DOM - really is the most basic OBJ mode. not sure why u dislike it so much (would like to hear examples in detail). maybe i like it because its really the first thing i want(ed) to play for so long. i have more experience with DOM than any other mode for mw2/BO. got into it since COD4 after partying up with liverpoolman and just watching him rip shit up. i mean, assuming its not a spawn trap-a-thon, i think this mode gives the basic structure and purpose that TDM lacks, while still allowing for ppl to do basically anything they want. again, i think maybe u have it in ur nature (ban) to go out 100% and complete the OBJ at all costs, which is maybe why u dont enjoy the mode? i guess i used to be a complete prick and never help out, so my main goal was kills/streaks, but i think ive changed. i think its important not to fall into either of those mindsets (100% OBJ or 100% kill). if u take it upon urself to say "hey, i need to get kills in order to get streaks, so that i can find the enemy, help my team, and hold flags". i dunno. if u think of it as "TDM split in 3 areas" instead of DOM, maybe u would have more fun? the spawn points are predictable, or at least the flow of the game should be. u get A, they get C. battle out to get B. meanwhile a few dudes are gonna try to flank u at A, and some of ur dudes are gonna try to flank them at C. so u always can predict where the enemy will migrate to. just pretend its a TDM, and u have to cover area A for a few kills until u get a UAV or whatever. lets say u accomplish holding off attackers at A. next try for a different flag. repeat. there may be campers, like there are in TDM, but they are predictable campers. u should start realizing what spots are good lookout points for certain high traffic areas. expect someone to be there. really, the most fun games are when both teams keep their respective sides (A vs C) and fight out to get control of B. this, to me, is the way TDM SHOULD be; kind of a standoff of two teams on opposite sides of the map. i guess i like them old WWI/Western tactics, which is just straight shoot em up.

DEMO - TBH never really played it much before BO. but i quickly realized it probably offers the mode with the highest kills/scores possible. now, that seems entirely selfish, and thats partly true. if u get to overtime with equal teams (and hey, equal is what its all about right) they take 15min, giving more chance for kills and XP. DEMO though, definitely takes a team to win, there is no doubting that. 1-person can not detonate a bomb and hold it, assuming that at least 2-6 ppl are gonna try to defuse it. so while i do have selfish motives, this is one of the modes where teamwork, strategy, and skill play a huge part in the outcome. have to work together to plant a bomb. have to work together to hold the bomb. have to work together to hold crucial traffic zones. i remember trying this out on mw2 (usually by mistake; i always mistook DEMolition with DOMination in my haste) and didnt enjoy it. but i really enjoy it now that i understand it. i think that is key too. if u never play something, and just jump into a game mode u dont fully get, it will suck. maybe it will help to watch some games on YT or at least think about the OBJ/strategy involved. i would like to offer tips/thoughts on these modes, so please DO ask any type of question that pops up. im not saying im any sort of expert, but i DO play OJB games exclusively as u guys know. the time that DEMO sucks ass is when the other team has a army-style super-organized annoying-playstyle team that just routs u non-partied team. but when they are fair teams, this mode has quickly become possibly my favorite mode. (i think im getting a bit bored with DOM since it starting to feel like TDM to me). wanna get 100+ kills, use coordinated teamwork, and fight hard for the win? then DEMO is the game for u.

KuzuDate: Thursday, 13/January/2011, 9:11:43 PM | Message # 270
The Clan Elder
CTF - i think this has become the new clan favorite. and thats good. when i start thinking of it more, this mode is a bit too simple for my tastes. but as we all get, what makes it fun is covering a clanmate with the flag, watching each others back, and pushing into enemy territory with a buddy. i just think this mode can be very lopsided at times. get flag, crush enemy in middle territory, have someone waiting at enemy flag-spot, capture, steal flag immediately and repeat. though there seems to be less spawn raping, there is something about this mode which seems out of whack. UNLESS both teams have the flag (in which case its great fun to hold a flag while putting priority on staying alive/hidden as swarms of enemies try to take u out) then it seems to end rather quickly. i mean, sure, thats a good thing. but it seems less challenging, if that makes sense. since there is only 1 flag, if u are a little bit stronger/smarter, u are guaranteed the win it seems. while in other modes, there are 2or3 points u need to control for a win. still, im NOT complaining. its a fun mode, especially since i see EVERYONE going for the flag and really playing for the team. if it brings the clan together tactically as a team, i will play this repeatedly.

HQ - maybe some of yoos havent played this mode so ill go thru basic strategy. HQ is randomly assigned, but cannot be capped. when announcer says "HQ is online" or whatever, now u can cap it (like holding flag in DOM). the trick is to hold areas surrounding the HQ (lookouts, sentry guns, claymores, c4) on both sides, while a few ppl cap it. spawns are pretty random, since u dont have a set point to hold (ie A side vs C side). so in that sense, it makes it a bit like TDM. but unlike TDM, u know where u need to go, where the enemy is going, and what needs to be done. if u flank like a fucker, u may get a few kills, meanwhile the enemy capped and ur so far away they will keep getting points. (the longer u "hold" the HQ, even if ur whole team is dead, the more points u get.) if the enemy caps the HQ, they will get points. the number of times u CAP is not important. the amount of points u get, by "controlling" the HQ is important. so assume that if HQ is capped, the dumdums will just rush in there to de-activate it. this is where u MUST expect claymores and ppl to be camping (while holding their HQ). it is the one mode where i find camping to not only be acceptable, but matter of fact, and very basic strategy. if THEY cap, u gotta hurry ur buns and destroy it, cuz the longer u wait, the more points ur losing.

on the other hand, when YOUR TEAM caps, this is where it gets to be really fun. as said, u can stay in that area and camp to take out the imminent threat of ppl storming the HQ. nothing wrong with that. both sides expect it. OR u can have even more fun and start anticipating the enemy; killing them before they reach the HQ. get to the choke points and mow em down, or flank. u KNOW where their end destination will be, so use that knowledge and rip some shit up. best to use killstreaks (sentry, napalm, mortar, b52) after holding the HQ for a short time so u get maximum kills (since they will be swarming the HQ). not only is this EXTREMELY challenging and fun, it offers a lot of kills. but most of all, i think this mode offers the most amount of XP, bar-non. why? because u can get kills, but most points come from just holding a HQ. if u cap it (more pts), stay alive so u can kill (kill pts) and hold for the entire period (big pts) u will be ranking up faster than anywhere else. in our last game last night we played HQ. iirc we(i?) got upwards of 5000xp just from the game itself (not including contracts, challenges, etc). thats double what u get in most other modes.

my all time favorite moments in COD games are:
1. -->being the last man alive in HQ, holding off the WHOLE enemy team trying to bum-rush ur position, and not only killing them (6 v 1 anyone?) but also gaining more and more points for u and ur team, while they all watch u on cam!
2. -->being by yourself, holding a flag in CTF while enemy has yours, and doing whatever it takes to survive. knowing that if u die (drop it) they will win the game. pressure time!

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » COD: Black Ops
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024