Sunday, 05/May/2024, 9:01:51 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 6 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
KuzuDate: Wednesday, 30/September/2009, 11:35:49 PM | Message # 1
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
ill leave the reviews up to you guys, since im not going to research this game to great depths (thus enticing me to get the game...).

i do want to point out this fact though. from the recent official MW2 vid, they show some of the Kill Streaks available. there are 15 possibilities.

now, that may seem like a cool thing, but in fact what it does is makes the game similar to BBC2. for those who complain that BBC2 and all the vehicles give unfair advantages, the exact same thing (or worse) will happen in MW2.

in COD4, there were 3 kill streak unlockables (2 if u dont count the UAV, a radar scan). now there will be 15. this means there will be tons of bombs bursting, helicopter guns blasting, planes screaching overhead, and who knows what else.

earning a UAV in COD4 for a 3kill streak (for a good player) just about ensured an air strike (5kill streak). if ur not a dumb dumb, and use some tactical planning, u would get a few more kills, thus getting the 7kill streak Helicopter support. with this chopper, it lasts several minutes and could give u another handful of kills depending on the game mode or audacity of the enemy.

MW2 is going to be a complete kill-fest. it was already very easy to kill ppl in COD4, and easy to get kill streaks and therefore bonus attacks. having even more options for killing ppl by super-powered auxiliary machines just seems like too much.

------------post edit------------------
wow. i was spot on with my preview of the game!! fo' real tho'!

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 14/January/2010, 11:36:59 PM | Message # 76
Our Sexy Leader
Everyone with infinite ammo 40mm's & rocket launchers. Real good, IW. Real good.

red --> IW

Until this shit's fixed, you'll probably find me on U2 a bit more often.

banion7Date: Friday, 15/January/2010, 1:05:46 AM | Message # 77
Colonel
Group: Moderators
Red, say it ain't so cry

I get em back w 40's so it's all good... or I don't.. but it's still fun, especially when you can do stuff like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXeh4GHW2t8&NR=1&feature=fvwp

I don't get many winning killcams but this is funny biggrin I guess you could do it anytime though - gonna try it next time.

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 15/January/2010, 6:48:42 PM | Message # 78
Our Sexy Leader
It is most definitely so. (>_<)

That laptop kill is damn funny, though.

KuzuDate: Saturday, 16/January/2010, 6:22:34 AM | Message # 79
The Clan Elder
wtf? that laptop kill is dope!

in general news:
wife all-of-a-sudden decided were gonna move, so were switching apartment rooms from 2nd to 4th floor with grandma...
shit is a pain in the ass, cuz its not just one house moving, its 2. will be without internet from today until...(who knows)?

in mw2 news:
used the AUG with SoH and no sight (1st time to use). and tore shit up.
i had both care package streaks, think i ended up 55+ and 5.

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 16/January/2010, 7:11:05 PM | Message # 80
Our Sexy Leader
Gyeah, I think the AUG has no distance damage modifier. I haven't posted up the weapon charts & can't now cuz my computer might be dying. (>_<)

I finally finished my ACR off for 'Mastery'. Those FMJ's can be a pain in the ass.

AngDate: Sunday, 17/January/2010, 2:06:06 AM | Message # 81
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
Man, this game really pisses me off sometimes. I found my perfect class now though. happy
UMP-silenced with Marathon-Lightweight-Commando. The UMP is beast on it's own, but I watch out for long-range noobs--the UMP sucks for long range (duh).
I remember sucking so bad with the knife, but I got the hang of it. I was always trying to shoot to kill, but missed out on easy knife kills.

I like this site: http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Call_of_Duty:_Modern_Warfare_2_Weapons
Learned a lot from it.

duxy87Date: Wednesday, 20/January/2010, 5:15:35 AM | Message # 82
Major general
I like that layout there ang.. I pretty much have the same thing equiped with minor changes of ninja pro perk, silencer on UMP, and tactical knife on secondary weap. It's beast when sneaking up on people as u dont show up on radar when u fire, and u can clear a room out by charging in knifing 3 people and still have enough time for a quick escape. plus if u run over claymores increases ur chances of surviving due to speediness.

AngDate: Thursday, 21/January/2010, 11:21:00 PM | Message # 83
Lieutenant colonel
Man, I would use it more if my PS3 wasn't dead! lol

I will try to get it fixed starting next week. I got the yellow light of death. I finished playing some games with hearts, MJ and Chewey and then wanted to play some games with illadefinite, but the PS3 suddenly turned off and beeped three times with a yellow light. THAT SUCKS! And just when I come back and decide to start playing some more. cry

Oh yeah! Holy crap....HAPPY B-DAY DUXY!!!!!!
Just noticed at the bottom of the forum. I hope you have a good one man.

Message edited by Ang - Thursday, 21/January/2010, 11:22:40 PM

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 22/January/2010, 3:43:04 AM | Message # 84
Our Sexy Leader
Happy Bday, dux!

Ang: Ah! That explains your absence. Hope you get the PS3 up & running soon.

In MW2 news, I just started my 3rd Prestige. (^_-)b

AngDate: Friday, 22/January/2010, 9:15:44 PM | Message # 85
Lieutenant colonel
It's insane how there are people out there on their last prestige. You must play that game 24/7 pretty much! D:

Hopefully I get the PS3 up and running by the middle of Feb.

KuzuDate: Sunday, 24/January/2010, 10:10:02 PM | Message # 86
The Clan Elder
before moving, i just unlocked SitRep Pro:
from the few games that i played after that, it seemed to have an unusual effect.
despite the attempt at making enemy footsteps louder, as it claims, in actuality what it does is make friendly (and your own) footsteps quieter (to you only).

it almost feels like having ninja, although u are not reducing ur sound (to any other player except urself).
i have to use it more, but it seems to be misleading in a way. u dont actually hear the enemy any louder than without Pro; its just that u cancel out any noise (on ur speakers/headphone) that are not enemy footsteps, ie friendly/personal footsteps.

er, kinda complicated, but do u get it?
i mean, its still kinda helpful, since u dont need to worry about misinterpreting friendly footsteps, but its misleading since u 'feel' secure, though without actually reducing ur noise.

had to order a new fiber optic line. NTT guy was a dick. better be a simple installation. set to be online Feb 2...
so long.

oh, tried SP for this game. omg wow, what a shitty plot! take out all the voice actors and nifty graphics, all u have is a horrible straight-to-HBO action theme trying to be super cool with plot twists that make no sense. horrible.

AngDate: Saturday, 30/January/2010, 3:51:56 PM | Message # 87
Lieutenant colonel
The story was pretty weird and confusing, but it's all the shooting and weapons that count. happy
Hopefully the new one has a better plot.

I am keeping myself busy with emulators. Playing some old school goodies like James Bond 007. >_<

AlucardDate: Monday, 01/February/2010, 2:28:50 AM | Message # 88
Colonel
aa-12 with scavenger pro is pretty sweet lol

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 02/February/2010, 7:02:06 PM | Message # 89
The Clan Elder
well anyways...
1st night back in a few weeks, and i can honestly say i really didnt have fun playing online.
of course dying alot takes away some of the fun. but its really about the Way i died.
when a whole team resorts to using noob toobs with rockets as backup on the city maps, its just constant explosion after explosion. u know the game has gone to hell when red goes negative in multiple games...

sadly, my best game last night was on a red bar connection, camping/noob toobing. besides that game, i never achieved a killstreak higher than a predator..

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 12/February/2010, 5:39:16 AM | Message # 90
Our Sexy Leader
GG's, Kuzu. Sorry you had to deal with my buddy as a team mate half of the time. LOL.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024