Main | COD: Black Ops - Page 9 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » COD: Black Ops
COD: Black Ops
KuzuDate: Monday, 08/November/2010, 11:50:48 PM | Message # 121
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
trip-pull post!

Instructions on how to record/upload video through theater mode. (From black ops site):

* Find a segment you would like to capture, and select the RECORD option.
* Once you have reached the end of your segment, select RECORD again to stop.
NOTE: Segments can be no longer than 30 seconds.
* Select NAME SEGMENT > UPLOAD CLIP, then create the TITLE, DESCRIPTION, and TAG for the video clip
* Select a slot in MY FILE SHARE to save the video clip.
* Go to MY FILE SHARE and select the video clip.
* Choose the SELECT FOR PLAYBACK option. That video clip will now be available to render.
* From the Call of Duty: Black Ops THEATER, select RENDER CLIP.
* After the video clip plays through, it will be uploaded to MY THEATER.
* Watch the video clip in My Theater or on YouTube.

NOTE: We recommend that you link your YouTube account. If you do not, your video will not be saved and may be deleted over time.

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 09/November/2010, 0:12:18 AM | Message # 122
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
Eh, 30 seconds? hardly worth it except for badass short clips.

Fave thing I've heard so far is that it takes a bit more effort to drop somebody. GOOD.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 09/November/2010, 0:34:44 AM | Message # 123
The Clan Elder
Quote (Guzman)
Fave thing I've heard so far is that it takes a bit more effort to drop somebody. GOOD.

according to wings/woody/other random vids, this game is not as noob friendly (good thing) and will take skill.

harder to kill / easier to escape or engage once fired upon
more weapon recoil
aircraft easy to shoot down (like in MW2)

PatrickDate: Tuesday, 09/November/2010, 1:49:25 AM | Message # 124
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Has anyone bought black ops?

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 09/November/2010, 2:19:43 AM | Message # 125
The Clan Elder
Quote (Patrick)
Has anyone bought black ops?

duxy87 has it and said hes liking it.
mine will be shipped from japan on Fri so i think itll arrive by fri/sat if im lucky.

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 09/November/2010, 3:58:10 AM | Message # 126
Our Sexy Leader
Where did you order it from, Kuzu?

And LOLZ at the dude with all the dick-shots! I haven't seen it, but it sounds hilarious.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 09/November/2010, 6:12:27 AM | Message # 127
The Clan Elder
ordered from a Yahoo.jp store; Hexagonny.
recommended by some of the GaijinGamers, so i thought id give them a try.
got an email today saying theyre getting it shipped from NY to JP, arriving the 12th. which is not too bad.

but after looking at amazon.jp again, some of the JP stores say they will get the game on 10th or 11th. but meh, its one extra day.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 09/November/2010, 6:57:50 AM | Message # 128
The Clan Elder
http://www.youtube.com/user/ONS1AUGH7#p/u/0/uT5OW9PS4RQ
another up-n-comer. actually, a very very nice layout on the vid + commentary, then uses theater mode to do instant replays and show angles, kinda like a football telestrator.

important mini-info:
he uses the motion sensor, which is thrown on the floor, and will show enemy bogies in that area. if u move away from it, u wont be able to see it. but its always there! he used his at the start of the game. 5min into the game, it was still visible.... that is fucking beefy.

equipment will play a major role in this game.... and remember, only hackers are invisible to motion sensor, not ghost.

also, ive never played WaW, so i didnt know much about this, but dogs can be shot and killed. they come in two waves of about 5 dogs each time.

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 09/November/2010, 4:22:36 PM | Message # 129
Lieutenant general
Care Package glitch vid.

Edit: It sounds like the PS3 version "does" have regional search. Guy got all worked up for nothing.

Message edited by Guzman - Wednesday, 10/November/2010, 0:45:12 AM

duxy87Date: Wednesday, 10/November/2010, 11:08:34 AM | Message # 130
Major general
I have a video I made through theatre mode. It's gameplay of what it's like getting the blackbird and attack dogs, but the stupid Call of Duty website won't let me link my account!! I hope they fix this problem. I was thinking 'finally I'm going to get to show you guys footage of me', but guess not yet sad

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 10/November/2010, 6:53:40 PM | Message # 131
The Clan Elder
Quote (duxy87)
but the stupid Call of Duty website won't let me link my account!!

i tried yesterday. took me a few tries (keep refreshing or back up, then do again) but i linked my account and youtube.
get it to work. we want to see ur clips!!

anything else to say about the game overall?
hows the recoil? ive been hearing some ppl say its ridiculous. and very random.
hows killing ppl? not as easy as MW2 but as difficult as ______ ?

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 10/November/2010, 10:22:54 PM | Message # 132
The Clan Elder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wocwEk6HEfI
Wings.

blackbird from 6:00
gunship from 7:00

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 11/November/2010, 0:11:34 AM | Message # 133
Our Sexy Leader
My net is back & I'm getting the fucking game TODAY! (Thanks, ban!)

duxy87Date: Thursday, 11/November/2010, 4:07:51 AM | Message # 134
Major general
Quote (Kuzu)
anything else to say about the game overall?
hows the recoil? ive been hearing some ppl say its ridiculous. and very random.
hows killing ppl? not as easy as MW2 but as difficult as ______ ?

Well there is so much that i've accomplished so far, and there is just too much to list down, but i'll give you a general overview through my experience what has worked for me and what i've learnt / discovered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WEAPS & EQUIP: once you purchase one weapon, all of the attachments will then be available to buy. Some attachments costs more then others, but you can purchse any attachement you like.

Favourite Assault Rifle- Galil (awesome range, not as much recoil as you think) Make sure this is one of the first weapons you purchase. My weapon of choice equiped with suppressor for my ghost class.

Favourite SMG - AK74U - best for close or medium range. Good stopping power. Not as much recoil as other smgs.

Crossbow - this is such a good secondary weapon to use. Purchase immediatley when it's available to buy.

Grenades. It takes a lot more There are two grenades I primarily use. Concussion (stun), and Decoy. With decoy grenade, it'll start bursting about 2 seconds after you throw it (can't throw super long), and will do short bursts for about 15 seconds. Green blimps will pop up on your map if it's a friendly decoy. I would recommend to purchase these two grenades first.

Equipment. Claymores & Senser are the best two. You will be notified if your equipment is destroyed. Also, Claymores don't make that 'click' noise. And you can move it if you don't like the place you put it down first. Ammo care packages replinishes equipment too!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My most used Perks: (note that you can purchase any perk at any time. They all cost 2000COD points each).

GHOST- Equip the M72 LAW launcher as you will need to destroy as many spy planes, choppers, even care package heli's, as you need to destroy 30 aircraft as part of your challenge. Destroy one Sentry gun. Kill 20 enemies with enemy spy plane up. Ghost only allows you undetectable from spy plane, but ghost pro undectable from any KS except Blackbird and Dogs.

LIGHTWEIGHT - need to play a lot of dom to get the pro. And you need to be killing enemies as you capture points. Not that difficult to get other challenges

SCAV - refills everything by 1 except equipment. yet to get the pro version

SOH - You will get this pro perk in no time. Very useful perk to have. Same as MW2 perk. Saved me in many cases.

WARLORD - Only can attached with a combo of one of silencer, any sight, and ext or dual mags. No launcher, flame, or shotgun can mixed be with warlord. Yet to get pro

NINJA - Took a bit of time to get pro but managed to get it. Make absolutely no sound when running or landing.

HACKER - A rising favourite, as it'll save you from getting killed by claymores. yet to get pro.

Message edited by duxy87 - Thursday, 11/November/2010, 4:13:22 AM

duxy87Date: Thursday, 11/November/2010, 4:07:59 AM | Message # 135
Major general
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Favourite maps: if you know how to play them you will get 20-30+ kills in TDM.

Radiation - Factory setting, with multi routes. Operate a platform that opens or closes. Very well layed out map IMO.
Havana - Big street surrounded by alleyways and hotel rooms. Awesome for claymores.
Nuketown - Two houses and backyards with a bus in the middle. No campers allowed! Spawning unpredictable
Summit - Snowy atmosphere in the alpines. Very similar to Sub-base in MW2. Mayhem in the middle building.

Major Camping maps (hate to say I told you so):
WMD - Another snowy map. A smaller derailed in MW2, and very open in some areas. Players camp in the buildings, or on various catwalks/bridges.
Crises - Beachy map. with lot of sneaky hiding spots to pick out runners. Absoultely hate this map!
Jungle - Big map fixed with miniture routes. There is one particular place where snipers camp in top of a cliff.
Firing range - small map filled with target boards, and little buildings. Couple small buildings and caravans players camp in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Killstreaks I've used:

RC-car - You'll find really difficult to drive this thing at first. Takes some skill! Use L3 and R3 to drive it. Press R1 to detonate. It's pretty fast and loud so you'll know if it's near by. Friendly RC-XD's flash green, enemies flash red. Easily destroyed but difficult to dodge. You'll have a time limit of about 30 seconds to use.

SAM turret - Will destroy any enemy aircraft instantly.

Grim Reaper (from care package). 8 rockets firing 4 at one time
Death Machine (from care package). Big badass chain gun kills quickly (like the wraith in R2).

Sentry Gun: Not as powerful as MW2 one.

Napalm: Airstrike and leaves a trail of fire for about 5-10 seconds. If you touch the fire you die pretty quickly. Friendly Napalm strikes don't affect

Mortar: Indirect fire to three locations. I found it hard to get kills.

Attack Helicopter: hovers in a designated area. Not as powerful as mw2 chopper. Can dodge fairly easily esp if you have LW.

Valkyre rockets: hard to control. press r1 to detonate any time or let it hit someone.

Blackbird: What more do I have to do say? Puts everyone on the radar, even if they have Ghost pro on. One of the best killstreaks going around! Use wisely, will start fading after around 30 seconds.

Chopper Gunner: Unlike MW2 there is no infared vision, and you actually shooting from a chain gun. Little red diamond indicators around enemies.

Attack Dogs: Worth it's 11 kills. Big black dogs comes in 2-3 waves at a time.Loud barking and super hard to fight back if your'e surrounded. I've gotten about 15 kills just by dogs a couple times. You get 30xp if you kill a dog. They will run away after about 30-45 seconds.

Gunship: yet to have purchased this KS sad

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And to answer your question kuz:
As a whole, to kill players takes a lot more precision. But at the same time it really depends on what gun you use, and how good you are with it. Some guns have crazy recoil but if you have experience with previous COD games, only difference is from MW2 is that it takes more skill to kill someone. Not many snipers i've encountered too. But knowing your maps is the key to success!

Message edited by duxy87 - Thursday, 11/November/2010, 4:09:42 AM

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » COD: Black Ops
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024