Main | COD: Black Ops - Page 8 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » COD: Black Ops
COD: Black Ops
GuzmanDate: Sunday, 07/November/2010, 3:46:18 AM | Message # 106
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
Quote (duxy87)
And about the servers issue. I'm not really that fussed. The amount of times I've put up with yellow and red bar connection, and can still finish top of the scoreboards. Do you think I'm gona whine like a little bitch "oh no, my connection is bad. oh i better complain to everyone about it because it's ruining my online experience.. waaaaa!!"

From seeing you & patrick from Kuzu's vids, he wasn't exaggerating; you two really can hold your own regardless of crap connections!

KuzuDate: Sunday, 07/November/2010, 10:40:50 PM | Message # 107
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2SuDhzl80Q&feature=related
gameplay on cracked.

2:27 watch replay.. long range on the SMG. might even be a mac10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOnbx1hHYSA&feature=related
same map. some flamethrower action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3wqAc4Pjq0&feature=related
acop quick scoping zzGrizzzz

AngDate: Sunday, 07/November/2010, 11:26:31 PM | Message # 108
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
Nice, so Guz is jumping on the bandwagon too? I can't wait for the game. I have researched a little bit, but any news on the party system? I take it it's the same thing as the previous ones.

GuzmanDate: Monday, 08/November/2010, 1:50:49 AM | Message # 109
Lieutenant general
Quote (Kuzu)

Geez, ammo consumption on that flamethrower makes the thing nigh worthless!

Wings & Woody have some thoughts on the game here. Ninja sounds pointless now, as both of them stated that sound doesn't play into the game much. & apparently there's a care package glitch in the game already... >_<

Quote (Ang)
Nice, so Guz is jumping on the bandwagon too?

I'm sooo bad @ it dude....

Quote (Ang)
I take it it's the same thing as the previous ones.

I... think so?

BTW, When is everyone getting the game? red, you're getting it ASAP, yeah? 9th or 10th? Kuzu? Duxy?

Message edited by Guzman - Monday, 08/November/2010, 3:14:55 AM

GuzmanDate: Monday, 08/November/2010, 4:40:28 AM | Message # 110
Lieutenant general
Here's a vid w/ Care Package Redo.

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 08/November/2010, 10:33:14 AM | Message # 111
Our Sexy Leader
Ang, I heard the developers talking like they made improvements to the party system. Somethig about an in-game buddy list...

Guz, thanks for putting all of that up. It was interesting hearing what both Wings & Woody had to say about the game. Ninja/Ninja Pro being worthless makes me especially worried, but we'll see. As to when I'm picking up the game, it depends on when ban/chu can't pick a copy up for us, seeing as it's an import and all. Either way, I won't have the net until the 11th at the earliest...

AngDate: Monday, 08/November/2010, 12:08:30 PM | Message # 112
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
I am getting it mailed by the dudes in brown tomorrow morning. I have that day off, so I will play all day for sure. I probably will jump in the campaign first though, nothing beats an SR-71. O_O

So bad as in you jump right in Guz?

@red
Sounds good! An in-game buddy system sounds nice.

duxy87Date: Monday, 08/November/2010, 2:52:53 PM | Message # 113
Major general
So black ops seems to have left a good impression so far. Red you don't have to just play S&D to get ninja pro planting 10bombs. It's plant 10 bombs in any mode i.e. Demo, and Sab too.. just thought i'd point that out. And it's still useful perk!

First KS i chose to purchase was blackbird, and in one game I actually got it. It's really really goood!! I actually have the footage saved so hopefully i can somehow show u wats it like either through psn or manage to upload.

Still fiddling around this theatre mode, but i reckon this tool is amazing. You can see how everyone in the match played, not just yourself. So be good when we party up we can watch eachother.

KuzuDate: Monday, 08/November/2010, 7:14:08 PM | Message # 114
The Clan Elder
Quote (Guzman)
Here's a vid w/ Care Package Redo.

A. this makes using CP and Hardline huge. i cant believe they are giving an instant award without having to rethrow, or is that the glitch?

edit: it looks like hes reloading then activated it. something does look phishy.

B. at ~ :11 u can see "press X to pick up claymore". i guess u can move ur own claymore?

Quote (Guzman)
BTW, When is everyone getting the game?

getting in the mail. (cancelled my amazon order.. they take 8-10days!). claimed to be 2-7days after release.

Quote (duxy87)
And it's still useful perk!

i still want to hear the W & W comments, but i also trust dux.
also, every video ive watched, i have used headphones, so i hear everything. i wouldnt say ninja is worthless, but i would definitely say that all the noise (non-player gunfire/explosions in background, wind, machinery, rockets launching, and the like) make things more balanced and harder to hear. i dont think this is bad, but it is less fortunate for ppl who were used to sound whoring in previous games. in all fairness, i think that they are, well, trying to make things more fair. ninja + headphones were a clear advantage in many situations in previous games. now i guess they will be helpful, but not so utterly uber.

KuzuDate: Monday, 08/November/2010, 7:42:19 PM | Message # 115
The Clan Elder
http://www.youtube.com/user/WingsofRedemption#p/u/0/485RMFA8G_Q
wings w/famas. actually some good commentary. non-judgemental, useful points.

2:24 he gets a grim reaper. and its semi-auto fire...! he fires 1, then 3 in quick bursts. thats deadly.
this is like a 12-clip, rapid firing LAARK!! lordy...

i like that map, too. got very bland colors. but i like the aesthetic. feels like a military camp, not just a random complex. wonder if its Hanoi?

GuzmanDate: Monday, 08/November/2010, 7:44:01 PM | Message # 116
Lieutenant general
Quote (Kuzu)
A. this makes using CP and Hardline huge. i cant believe they are giving an instant award without having to rethrow, or is that the glitch?

Uhh, that shouldn't be it. I think the care package glitch is the same as in MW2, as in being to get multiple ones or w/e. I tried searching it up, but all vids on it on YT have been removed.
You can see another CP redo here.

Quote (duxy87)
First KS i chose to purchase was blackbird, and in one game I actually got it. It's really really goood!! I actually have the footage saved so hopefully i can somehow show u wats it like either through psn or manage to upload.

How long does that badboy stick around?

Quote (duxy87)
Still fiddling around this theatre mode, but i reckon this tool is amazing. You can see how everyone in the match played, not just yourself. So be good when we party up we can watch eachother.

Sounds like an improved Uncharted 2 replay watcher, w/ the ability to upload to YT.

Message edited by Guzman - Monday, 08/November/2010, 7:46:46 PM

KuzuDate: Monday, 08/November/2010, 8:54:57 PM | Message # 117
The Clan Elder
Quote (Guzman)
You can see another CP redo here.

um. 2:01 a teammate changes the content... what a smart idea! then again, without mics, we squirrels wouldnt know if the person wanted us to change it, unless they just sat there doing nothing.

also, jeesus christ superstar, woody has transformed into a complete camper. lmao. i guess he really looks up to Wings. but seriously. just sitting on the floor waiting for ppl to walk in. he didnt used to play like that.

@Dux. at the end of games, it says "view theater party". what is that all about??

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 08/November/2010, 9:36:34 PM | Message # 118
Our Sexy Leader
Kuzu, I think Woody's excuse was something along the lines of 'not knowing the maps', 'not knowing where opponents will spawn next' & therefore 'not being able make smart decisions'. He said he's a 1.0 kdr player without those things. LOL.

KuzuDate: Monday, 08/November/2010, 9:56:55 PM | Message # 119
The Clan Elder
i couldnt listen to the commentary (at work, not lunch break). it just seemed like a huge departure from how he normally plays.

but i can relate 100% to everything u said. when i get a new game, usually im a noob for months simply because i dont know the maps, cant predict ppls patterns, spawn points, and dont know the "sweet spots" yet. once i learn those, i exploit it. his reactions are quite shit, but that just reminds me of me.

kinda peeing in my pants waiting for this game.. (gotta kiss wifes ass for the next couple days. a bad fight could totally ruin my mojo! lol)

KuzuDate: Monday, 08/November/2010, 10:35:30 PM | Message # 120
The Clan Elder
http://www.youtube.com/user/iBashTV#p/u
iBash. seems like a cool dood, though maybe kinda ordinary skill-wise.

loving the stats available.
11:20 u can see combat record.
shows last 10 games u played, with ur KD and chart.
u can see which weapon u use most, how many kills.
and i love the "hit location heatmap" which shows where ur hitting the enemy (on a doll).
this guy has a huge amount of hits in the groin area...!

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » COD: Black Ops
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024