[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » COD: Black Ops
COD: Black Ops
KuzuDate: Wednesday, 27/October/2010, 8:44:34 PM | Message # 76
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
straight from the offical Black Ops site:

Multiplayer Online Split-Screen Support
Let’s get started with what I believe is the most unknown, yet confirmed, aspect to Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer -- the online split-screen support we’ve re-introduced to the franchise! This applies to both the Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3.

The Facts:

* You can connect a 2nd controller and bring a Guest online (i.e. "JD_2020" & "JD_2020(1)").
* Guests can rank up, earn unlocks, etc -- all Guest progress goes away once signed out.
* (Xbox 360 only) You can bring a 2nd, Gold Xbox LIVE account online!
* (Xbox 360 only) Both players with full online accounts can rank-up while playing split-screen, as if on two separate consoles.

Custom Games Editor
Allow me to introduce the Black Ops Custom Games editor! Private Matches have never been this customizable. Players will have the ability to structure their games at all new levels of granularity. From variables as simple as Time Limit and Score Limit, or as deep as which weapons, Perks, and gear is available. You want a Pistols Only match? Make one! No longer do custom game modes rely on the "honor system".

Furthermore, any Custom Game you create and configure can be placed in your File Share, for friends and the community-at-large to browse, download, and enjoy. You just might create the most addictive new game mode of all time from the comfort of your own living room!

In-Game Friends List
We’ve integrated a built-in Friends List into the in-game User Interface. You’ll be able to browse Recent Players, Friends, navigate their File Shares, Recent Games, Combat Records -- all within this in-game menu system designed to streamline the social process within the game. Sending game invites and joining Friends’ games has never been simpler than in Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Regional Matchmaking & Party Privacy
Call of Duty: Black Ops will support regional matchmaking filters on a global scale. So, no matter where you’re at in the world, you will have the ability to specify whether you want to match with players from other geographical regions, or only those local to you. This will make communication and lag a much less intrusive variable on your gameplay experience.

Additionally, given Black Ops will support joining games in progress via an even simpler built-in in-game Friends List interface, we’ll allow a Party leader to lock down his lobby to Invite Only, Friends Only, or even Close it altogether if he wants to be in complete control over who enters and exits the Party Lobby.

Emblems Do NOT Reset with Prestige
This one is pretty cut-and-dry -- a frequently asked question is, "Will my kickass emblem I spent hours perfecting be lost when I prestige??" The answer is, "NO!" -- Emblems are one of the only aspects of Black Ops MP that do not get a full reset upon entering Prestige. Things that will reset when you Prestige are: XP, COD Points, Challenge progressions, Loadouts, etc.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 27/October/2010, 9:11:25 PM | Message # 77
The Clan Elder
sry. could care less about split screen (no real life friends!) or custom games (in theory a nice addition, but id rather play ranked matches, and if not, then zombies)

in-game friend list. HUGE. remember, RES1 had this, and it was amazing. it saves u from having to put ppl on ur PSN friend list, but u can still see that they are online. u can party up immediately (without having to press PS button, navigate away from chat channel, find user who sent message, then accept party invite). probably lots more stats available, and it seems u can view their recent games. nice.. basically lets u organize parties faster, see more stats, and have the ability to have twice as many friends as before. total win/win situation.

regional matchmaking. HUGE. looks like they actually care whether their fans are happy or not. while they didnt do the preferred dedicated servers, this seems to be the next best choice. allowing us to choose where we connect to. good job Treyarch. now we can play in Japan only games if we want to, or US only for u guys. but it doesnt help much when we want to play together. hehe. still, a step in the right direction.

emblem. good to know it stays the whole time.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 27/October/2010, 11:56:10 PM | Message # 78
The Clan Elder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzO8gVqKoOw
actual Gungame footage.

the idea of the game is great. unfortunately, u see how the game turns out. everyone just flocks to the one area, over and over. having gun tiers = great. running back to the same spot every time = lame.

tis the nature of the game. i dont think it looks bad, just i dont think it looks that good either. im neutral.

PatrickDate: Thursday, 28/October/2010, 1:39:21 AM | Message # 79
Lieutenant
Group: Users
2 PLAYER ONLINE? Like R2? Can you pick an account saved in the ps3 like r2?

duxy87Date: Friday, 29/October/2010, 9:56:18 AM | Message # 80
Major general
Group: Moderators
Quote (Patrick)
Can you pick an account saved in the ps3 like r2?

As far as I know your second player resets after you sign out.. So unfortunately no sad

PatrickDate: Friday, 29/October/2010, 10:50:03 AM | Message # 81
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Oh that is a heart breaker. Lol jk

GuzmanDate: Saturday, 30/October/2010, 0:00:12 AM | Message # 82
Lieutenant general
If anyone cares, I did some more video stuff!

CoD 4 Composite:

CoD S-Video: (Fixed the video noise deal)

UC2 Composite Interlaced:

UC2 Composite De-Interlaced:

UC2 S-Video De-Interlaced:

Message edited by Guzman - Saturday, 30/October/2010, 0:00:48 AM

duxy87Date: Saturday, 30/October/2010, 2:59:01 AM | Message # 83
Major general
cool you can capture frames from your gameplay guz.. Does that mean you're going to be posting up video footage soon?

KuzuDate: Saturday, 30/October/2010, 3:50:19 AM | Message # 84
The Clan Elder
oh geez. now i know why guz hasnt made anything public yet for us to see...

hes a audio/visual techie who cant be satisfied until he gets the best quality out of his appliances. (not complaining, its a compliment).
but still. im with dux...

stop all this cock-teasing and give us some meat!

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 31/October/2010, 5:56:55 AM | Message # 85
Our Sexy Leader
Techie obsession, go bye-bye! Guz vids, go hi-hi!

KuzuDate: Sunday, 31/October/2010, 10:32:05 PM | Message # 86
The Clan Elder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmx5dHNI_as WATCH NOW

probably the best all around vid ive seen. great quality. diverse guns used. some unusual streaks/weapons.

starts out with Famas and SOH. (deadly combo).
gets a grim reaper (launcher) and it has 12 rounds! holds 4 in the chamber...beast of a killstreak gun.
at one point he gets a silenced spectre.. sounded like fucking rattlesnake.. DOPEness
at around 2:53 he uses a silenced/dot AK47 (saw the description on vid).. fucking badass (snake rattle) plus nice accuracy and ROF, like an SMG style AR.
also, looks like they blatantly lied about the drop-shotting, since i saw him do it 3or4 times. just dropped, fired immediately after on floor. no delay there, even though they said it would be.

GuzmanDate: Sunday, 31/October/2010, 11:18:45 PM | Message # 87
Lieutenant general
Quote (duxy87)
cool you can capture frames from your gameplay guz.. Does that mean you're going to be posting up video footage soon?

Need an S-Video splitter, then I'll be all set! ya know, once I'm ready to actually record & post games, peeps will have Black Ops & anyone will be able to post...

Quote (Kuzu)
oh geez. now i know why guz hasnt made anything public yet for us to see...

hes a audio/visual techie who cant be satisfied until he gets the best quality out of his appliances. (not complaining, its a compliment).
but still. im with dux...

stop all this cock-teasing and give us some meat!

LOL. I'm a nerd, I like messing w/ this kinda stuff!

Quote (redhamuSLA)
Techie obsession, go bye-bye! Guz vids, go hi-hi!

Pretty sick rhyme, bro!

Quote (Kuzu)
also, looks like they blatantly lied about the drop-shotting, since i saw him do it 3or4 times. just dropped, fired immediately after on floor. no delay there, even though they said it would be.

I think you may have misunderstood that. I took it dropshotting is still possible, as displayed, but not "dive to prone" dropshotting. Otherwise people would sprint out, dive, & fire. Which does sound annoying IMO.

Message edited by Guzman - Sunday, 31/October/2010, 11:23:27 PM

duxy87Date: Monday, 01/November/2010, 4:15:51 AM | Message # 88
Major general
Quote (Guzman)
ya know, once I'm ready to actually record & post games, peeps will have Black Ops & anyone will be able to post...

well hurry the f*** up then, lol

KuzuDate: Monday, 01/November/2010, 10:54:50 PM | Message # 89
The Clan Elder
this vid was put up today...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH4swxRajW4

stats of guns are completely different compared to the other site. so fuck it. we have to wait till the game comes out till we know for sure.

apparently silencers reduce range by 1 unit (10%).
u can get grip on assault rifles, adds 1 unit of accuracy (10%).

the face paint looks FUCKING SICK.
its not just camo. there are things like demon, maori paintings, joker, skull face, lottts more.
LETS CHOOSE ONE AND ALL BE THE SAME FACE??? it will look so dope.

also shows some of jungle map.

GuzmanDate: Monday, 01/November/2010, 11:35:46 PM | Message # 90
Lieutenant general
Quote (Kuzu)
this vid was put up today...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH4swxRajW4

Ack, gone!

Oh, &, Uh... I've decided to get Black Ops, against my better judgment!

^_- + -_-?

Message edited by Guzman - Tuesday, 02/November/2010, 1:26:01 AM

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » COD: Black Ops
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024